ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

eDave 04-20-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12188405)
Maybe Gus was looking for some revenge himself and had a larger scope than Mike?

:shrug:

Do we know how he ends up in a wheelchair?

I was expecting him to get shot in the spine right there.

Anyong Bluth 04-20-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Maybe Gus was looking for some revenge himself and had a larger scope than Mike?

Shot in the spine, no? I can't recall for certain.

notorious 04-20-2016 06:40 PM

We should be safe assuming that Gus is going to be the guy behind Hector's permanent wheelchair trip.

I don't know "how" though.

siberian khatru 04-20-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12188433)
Shot in the spine, no? I can't recall for certain.

Gomez in BB said it was a stroke

eDave 04-20-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12188597)

He acts like he already had one.

Otter 04-20-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12188597)

I don't think it's been clarified yet but this is from Breaking Bad Wiki.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/He...o%22_Salamanca

Don Hector "Tio" Salamanca was a drug runner and the former right hand man and enforcer of Don Eladio Vuente. Hector was a high-ranking member of the Juárez Cartel, the patriach of the Salamanca family, and was feared among most in the South. He was the son of Abuelita, the uncle of Tuco, Marco and Leonel Salamanca, as well as the grandfather of Joaquin Salamanca.

Hector was rendered invalid possibly from a stroke or some form of motor neuron disease; such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)/Lou Gehrig's disease. The reason why it is suspected that he suffered from a form of motor neuron disease is because in the flashback episodes featuring Hector Salamanca, it appears that he is beginning to show signs of muscular degeneration. He harbored a disgust for the DEA, and a specific dislike for Agent Hank Schrader. In his later life, he lived in a retirement home called Casa Tranquila, where he was visited frequently by Gustavo Fring. He was killed with Fring in the Casa Tranquilla explosion. He serves as a minor antagonist for seasons two, three and four. Since then, Hector has appeared on Better Call Saul, appearing as an antagonist for season two.

BucEyedPea 04-20-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12188633)
He acts like he already had one.

ROFL

Demonpenz 04-20-2016 11:50 PM

Hector's accent is way different I am assuming it is because he is from Columbia?

salame 04-21-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

if you watch the scene in the grocery where he has a meltdown after the truck robbery her gets all worked up and has to take a pill. I think someone just takes away his pills and lets him have a big one. My guess is Nacho.

frankotank 04-21-2016 10:31 AM

wow....I feel like such a dipshit!
of COURSE Hector had a stroke (or got a muscular disease). DUH!!!! and I was sitting there thinking Mike was gonna shoot him in the spine. NOPE! because that isn't why he's in a wheel chair.

I'll bet Mike NEVER shoots him!

lcarus 04-21-2016 10:37 AM

That recording was clever and all, but couldn't Jimmy just say he really WAS lying to make Chuck feel better? In his mind, Chuck was going through a huge crisis and mental breakdown. Jimmy would have said anything to help him in that moment.

Pitt Gorilla 04-21-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12189500)
That recording was clever and all, but couldn't Jimmy just say he really WAS lying to make Chuck feel better? In his mind, Chuck was going through a huge crisis and mental breakdown. Jimmy would have said anything to help him in that moment.

Yes. Entrapment.

Buehler445 04-21-2016 12:19 PM

Ah, yes. Entrapment. Catherine Zeta Jones looked REALLY good in that movie.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20141018172640

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=UR0Zba4K

mdchiefsfan 04-21-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12189493)
wow....I feel like such a dipshit!
of COURSE Hector had a stroke (or got a muscular disease). DUH!!!! and I was sitting there thinking Mike was gonna shoot him in the spine. NOPE! because that isn't why he's in a wheel chair.

I'll bet Mike NEVER shoots him!

I'm thinking the same thing :doh!: his inability to talk completely escaped me.

Pitt Gorilla 04-21-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12189765)
Ah, yes. Entrapment. Catherine Zeta Jones looked REALLY good in that movie.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20141018172640

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=UR0Zba4K

Perhaps that's the definition BEP was using.

BucEyedPea 04-21-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12190640)
Perhaps that's the definition BEP was using.

You just can't stop can ya'? :rolleyes:

Sandy Vagina 04-22-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12189500)

Yes, can't see the recording being enough.. not directly. Problem is, could be enough to ignite a full press on that employee at the copy store.

All rather stupid. Jimmy not seeing that set-up by his bro is inconceivable.. and frankly, insulting to try and pass off to the viewers.

Will keep watching.. and the show has its moments.. but they really drag the show out with a lot of snooooze.

Anyong Bluth 04-22-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12190912)
Yes, can't see the recording being enough.. not directly. Problem is, could be enough to ignite a full press on that employee at the copy store.

All rather stupid. Jimmy not seeing that set-up by his bro is inconceivable.. and frankly, insulting to try and pass off to the viewers.

Will keep watching.. and the show has its moments.. but they really drag the show out with a lot of snooooze.

They're not going to have Chuck go after the copy guy. Pointless sideplot, the tape is to damage Jimmy to play it for:

Kim - to once again drive her out of Jimmy's life.

Howard / HHM - to reclaim his believed infallibility.

Mesa Verde - redemption for Chuck's ego.

State Bar - to punish Jimmy publicly.

He'll for sure play it for Howard.
I'm fairly certain at some point he'll look for an opportune time to play it for Kim down the road when she and Jimmy hit a rough patch. Revenge served cold when she's the most malleable.

It’s 50/50 on playing it for Mesa Verde, and 2:1 he'll sit on the recording and knows he needs more than circumstantial proof before getting cops or the bar involved.

My guess is he's going to end up using it mostly to tarnish Jimmy informally with his personal and professional relationships.

I don't know if it would be expected that his brother would have an electronic device in there. Chuck obviously methodically planned on selling the notion that he was going off the deep end by feigning quitting HHM and the law, laying on the sob story to play on Jimmy's sympathy and heart, and staging the room with his Faraday cage nonsense to sucker Jimmy into a false sense to let his guard down.

Chuck seems to rail against Slippin Jimmy, but it’s pretty obvious Chuck knows how to be just as manipulating when he feels the ends justify the means.

Which is why Chuck is a sactimonious, jealous laden prick whose irrationally driven by the joy of seeing his brother fail to put himself on a pedestal since Jimmy was always the favored son.

chiefzilla1501 04-22-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

I don't think it's stupid. Chuck is extraordinarily smart. He knows Jimmys one weakness... He will save chuck even if it means ruining his own life. The fact that chuck would use Jimmys love for him against Jimmy shows how low chuck has fallen. It was actually pretty clever because that sequence was set up nicely by Jimmys reaction at the copy store.

MikeMaslowski 04-22-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12191029)
They're not going to have Chuck go after the copy guy. Pointless sideplot, the tape is to damage Jimmy to play it for:

Kim - to once again drive her out of Jimmy's life.

Howard / HHM - to reclaim his believed infallibility.

Mesa Verde - redemption for Chuck's ego.

State Bar - to punish Jimmy publicly.

He'll for sure play it for Howard.
I'm fairly certain at some point he'll look for an opportune time to play it for Kim down the road when she and Jimmy hit a rough patch. Revenge served cold when she's the most malleable.

It’s 50/50 on playing it for Mesa Verde, and 2:1 he'll sit on the recording and knows he needs more than circumstantial proof before getting cops or the bar involved.

My guess is he's going to end up using it mostly to tarnish Jimmy informally with his personal and professional relationships.

I don't know if it would be expected that his brother would have an electronic device in there. Chuck obviously methodically planned on selling the notion that he was going off the deep end by feigning quitting HHM and the law, laying on the sob story to play on Jimmy's sympathy and heart, and staging the room with his Faraday cage nonsense to sucker Jimmy into a false sense to let his guard down.

Chuck seems to rail against Slippin Jimmy, but it’s pretty obvious Chuck knows how to be just as manipulating when he feels the ends justify the means.

Which is why Chuck is a sactimonious, jealous laden prick whose irrationally driven by the joy of seeing his brother fail to put himself on a pedestal since Jimmy was always the favored son.

I don't see it being for Kim. She 100 percent knows right? I mean, where did Jimmy get up and go after she gave that comment in bed. Not sure she would care about the tape and may run away with her fingers in her ears NOT to hear it.

sedated 04-22-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 12189461)
if you watch the scene in the grocery where he has a meltdown after the truck robbery her gets all worked up and has to take a pill. I think someone just takes away his pills and lets him have a big one. My guess is Nacho.

This is what I was thinking as well - that scene had to have some significance.

But I bet its Gus. Gus has hated Hector since he killed his...gay lover? But I don't think he can kill him because of the cartel. Or at least can't make it appear that it was him doing the killing, hence why he stopped Mike from pulling the trigger; it would be assumed that Gus did it.

BWillie 04-22-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Nah, we know that is Jimmy's soft spot. He's shown that if it comes down to it, he'll put his own interests on the back burner even if he is shady. When it comes down to it, he cares about the people in his life.

I don't fault Chuck actually either in this instance, I'd be pissed to if a loved one did that to me. I don't know that I would go so far as to get him disbarred, but I'd have no problem showing it to Mesa Verde, Kim and HHM.

BucEyedPea 04-22-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12191029)

I think I'm coming around to this viewpoint about Chuck.

Gonzo 04-22-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12191396)
I think I'm coming around to this viewpoint about Chuck.

Depends on your definition of pedestal.

****, I couldn't help myself. Sorry Bep.

Anyong Bluth 04-22-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12191135)
Nah, we know that is Jimmy's soft spot. He's shown that if it comes down to it, he'll put his own interests on the back burner even if he is shady. When it comes down to it, he cares about the people in his life.

I don't fault Chuck actually either in this instance, I'd be pissed to if a loved one did that to me. I don't know that I would go so far as to get him disbarred, but I'd have no problem showing it to Mesa Verde, Kim and HHM.

In black and white, Chuck did nothing wrong to try and win back Mesa Verde's business. Put in context, Chuck has basically checked out from HHM and believes he suffers some debilitating condition.

Chuck ONLY trys to come back to work once it's apparent Jimmy could be moving up and on some path to succeed. He's all about heading that off. He's then willing to endure going in and acting perfectly normal in order to pry away Kim's client. This is all precipitated by turning the screws to Jimmy. Chuck only puts in a kind word for Kim to Howard after he tears down Jimmy to her.

It's all out of manipulation, so Kim will see Chuck as just looking out for her best interest. Except he immediately goes after her client knowing full well that that business is a game changer in terms of their practice being able to get off the ground.

Everything he does is derived from wanting to knock Jimmy down. Not the actions of a brother, and certainly not the actions of a loving brother. Chuck thinks because he's technically within the legal boundaries that his behavior is morally just compared to Jimmy.

Chuck may not break the law, but he's not a good person, while Jimmy may bend and break it, but he's generally a good guy- at least at this point in his life.

notorious 04-23-2016 09:00 AM

All of the acting is top notch on this show, but Michael McKean is absolutely killing it as Chuck.

BucEyedPea 04-23-2016 10:04 PM

I think both Jimmy and Chuck are too old. Jimmy less so. Didn't mind his age in BB. But this is earlier. Chuck looks like he should be retired. He looks 70 or over. Acting is great though.

Gonzo 04-24-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12192931)
I think both Jimmy and Chuck are too old. Jimmy less so. Didn't mind his age in BB. But this is earlier. Chuck looks like he should be retired. He looks 70 or over. Acting is great though.

Really? I'm thinking mid 50's for Chuck and late 30's for Jimmy/Saul.

Demonpenz 04-24-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12193003)
Really? I'm thinking mid 50's for Chuck and late 30's for Jimmy/Saul.

I would say Chuck is mid 50's and Jimmy at 33 or so.

jspchief 05-21-2016 05:05 AM

Finally got around to starting this series and after 2 episodes I'm already hooked. Looks like it's gonna be good. Haven't read the thread for fear of spoilers.

Anyong Bluth 05-21-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12239614)
Finally got around to starting this series and after 2 episodes I'm already hooked. Looks like it's gonna be good. Haven't read the thread for fear of spoilers.

Lucky Bastard. Enjoy - you won't be disappointed.

eDave 03-16-2017 01:28 PM

AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/...aking_bad_and/

Molitoth 03-18-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12239687)
Lucky Bastard. Enjoy - you won't be disappointed.

Yep.
I want to say Better than Breaking Bad... but that show was sooo long ago, I can't confidently make that judgement.

All I know is that this show looked stupid during it's initial PR move but once I watched it... it's really really really good.

Sure-Oz 03-18-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12788154)
Yep.
I want to say Better than Breaking Bad... but that show was sooo long ago, I can't confidently make that judgement.

All I know is that this show looked stupid during it's initial PR move but once I watched it... it's really really really good.

Yep...I even thought why are they making this? I was dead wrong

Demonpenz 03-18-2017 10:59 AM

Better Call Saul seems a bit more refined. Probably just with more experience. Also there is no Wheel Chair Bald guys chasing rocks her his **** a licious wife stealing trinkents.

stumppy 03-18-2017 11:28 AM

Coming next month. Can't wait.:thumb:

frankotank 03-22-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12788154)
Yep.

I've been giving serious thought to rewatching BB again. I don't think Saul is quite there yet...but it is so very very good!

your PR comment hits spot on with me. I remember actually being pissed off after seeing the first few things they put out there thinking they were gonna make it some stupid comedy. I HATE when they do that! like Starsky and Hutch...I really dug that show when I was a kid....thanks for the bullshit movie. but I digress...Saul is REALLY good.

PS - walking thru a store a couple weeks ago I came round a corner and face to face with a guy wearing this shirt. I said DUDE! he said I know right! I said you either know or you don't. hahahaha
we were walking away and my wife goes...umm....what the hell was that about. ROFL
I'm gonna have to get one....

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...-Kdmja-rfA.jpg

stumppy 04-10-2017 11:38 AM

It's back on tonight people.
Watching last years episodes right now. LMAO while cringing at the Squat Cobbler episode.

Baby Lee 04-10-2017 03:35 PM

Poke my head in to register my excitement. But this show is so good, I'll probably try to avoid talking about it overly just to avoid speculation, spoilers and over-analysis. It stands on it's own, and I want to experience it on it's own.

notorious 04-10-2017 04:24 PM

**** YEAH!!!!!!

raybec 4 04-10-2017 04:37 PM

I love this show for two reasons. It's a fantastic show, and it signals the end of my wife's constant Sunday blathering about the goddamn walking dead.

notorious 04-10-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12818131)
I love this show for two reasons. It's a fantastic show, and it signals the end of my wife's constant Sunday blathering about the goddamn walking dead.

Walking Dead writing is complete garbage compared to Vince Gilligan's work. Tell her to go make you a sammich.

notorious 04-10-2017 08:20 PM

20 minutes in. How quickly I am reminded how great this show is.

notorious 04-10-2017 09:10 PM

Gus is back next week!!!!

I am really pissed that a BAMF like Mike got killed by Walt. **** you Walt.

TLO 04-10-2017 09:19 PM

I'd watch an entire series based upon Mike's life.

notorious 04-10-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12818852)
I'd watch an entire series based upon Mike's life.

Mike had hardly any dialogue this episode, but was extremely interesting.

mr. tegu 04-10-2017 09:38 PM

I didn't rewatch last seasons finale and found myself completely lost. Who was Mike hunting and who had him doing it before his horn was set off?

Lex Luthor 04-10-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12818836)
Gus is back next week!!!!

I am really pissed that a BAMF like Mike got killed by Walt. **** you Walt.

I know. I rewatched that episode a few weeks ago and I started hating Walt all over again.

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12818886)
I didn't rewatch last seasons finale and found myself completely lost. Who was Mike hunting and who had him doing it before his horn was set off?

Hector and Nacho

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1551...ne-stopped-him

ChiefAshhole1056 04-10-2017 11:14 PM

Was waiting all night in my hotel to watch this and the last ten minutes were cut off because lost signal in a storm. Did I miss anything massive? Last I saw, the blonde chick was going over something about a PowerPoint with some other broad.

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12818998)
Was waiting all night in my hotel to watch this and the last ten minutes were cut off because lost signal in a storm. Did I miss anything massive? Last I saw, the blonde chick was going over something about a PowerPoint with some other broad.

Yes

Nickhead 04-11-2017 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12818998)

you missed the biggest reveal to date bro, i won't spoil it for you :D

ChiefAshhole1056 04-11-2017 08:01 AM

Well shit

frankotank 04-11-2017 08:12 AM

Royals lunch box :thumb:

no idea if we're supposed so spoiler. I'd think not. if you haven't seen it you shouldn't be in here....right?

I'll spoil until I get confirmation...
trying to remember exactly why Mike is trying to kill Hector

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 08:49 AM

I like The Americans a lot, but when the credits roll, I just kind of relax and say "okay, finally...glad we got here" and go about my night.

When the credits roll for Saul, I look at the clock and say "shit, it's been an hour already? I have to wait another week?!"

For all the grief that Saul gets for being 'slow', I've always found the pacing pretty outstanding. Sure, the story doesn't fly forward but even the scenes where not much is happening (Kim deleting a semi-colon over and over again; Mike eating pistachios and staring out a window) are imbued with enough tension that they fly past.

It's a damn good show.

Oh, and time to assume my role as the sole member of #teamchuck. Dude's smart, dude's pissed. He's gonna **** some things up and frankly he has ample cause to do so.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12819142)
Well shit

I believe the 'reveal' he's referencing is just from the 'scenes from next weeks episode'.

So you know it's coming now, but it hasn't come yet.

Molitoth 04-11-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12819201)
I like The Americans a lot, but when the credits roll, I just kind of relax and say "okay, finally...glad we got here" and go about my night.

When the credits roll for Saul, I look at the clock and say "shit, it's been an hour already? I have to wait another week?!"

For all the grief that Saul gets for being 'slow', I've always found the pacing pretty outstanding. Sure, the story doesn't fly forward but even the scenes where not much is happening (Kim deleting a semi-colon over and over again; Mike eating pistachios and staring out a window) are imbued with enough tension that they fly past.

It's a damn good show.

Oh, and time to assume my role as the sole member of #teamchuck. Dude's smart, dude's pissed. He's gonna **** some things up and frankly he has ample cause to do so.

*Just goes to show how detailed and invested she is at her job. Spending that much time on the proper punctuation. She saw what the 1 little mistake did to the entire firm when Chuck "messed up" that address.

*Yep. He is going to ruin Saul and send him to Cinnabon.

stumppy 04-11-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819280)
*Just goes to show how detailed and invested she is at her job. Spending that much time on the proper punctuation. She saw what the 1 little mistake did to the entire firm when Chuck "messed up" that address.

*Yep. He is going to ruin Saul and send him to Cinnabon

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chuck isn't the one to do that. Because, you know......Breaking Bad.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819280)

*Yep. He is going to ruin Saul and send him to Cinnabon.

Nah; it's not her being detail oriented, it's her being guilt-ridden. She's getting a 'nervous tick' so to speak from the knowledge that her victory was via subterfuge.

To put an overly dramatic point on it - it's Lady MacBeth washing her hands over and over again. "Out, damned spot!"

She's got blood on her hands here, even if it's not of her own doing. She knows it and she just keeps on scrubbin' in the hopes that the work can keep her mind off how she got it in the first place.

That was what created the dramatic tension. Watching someone work hard isn't interesting but watching guilt torment someone and push them towards a paralysis by analysis sure is.

Molitoth 04-11-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12819285)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chuck isn't the one to do that. Because, you know......Breaking Bad.

SHit, Breaking Bad was so long ago... Is Cinnabon what happened to Saul AFTER breaking bad?

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819293)
SHit, Breaking Bad was so long ago... Is Cinnabon what happened to Saul AFTER breaking bad?

Uh...yes.

I think you might be missing the trees for the forest a bit on this one...

Molitoth 04-11-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12819295)
Uh...yes.

I think you might be missing the trees for the forest a bit on this one...

Yeah, it's been a long time. I've def forgotten some things that happened in BB.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819297)
Yeah, it's been a long time. I've def forgotten some things that happened in BB.

It's just a classic 'slow burn' of a show and if you miss the details, you miss a ton.

Breaking Bad had plane crashes and exploding offices. It had shootouts. It was a goddamn Michael Bay movie compared to Saul.

Gotta keep your eyes on the screen to get the full impact of this show, IMO.

stumppy 04-11-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819293)

ROFL

It's hell getting old isn't it ?:D

Chiefspants 04-11-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12819287)
Nah; it's not her being detail oriented, it's her being guilt-ridden. She's getting a 'nervous tick' so to speak from the knowledge that her victory was via subterfuge.

To put an overly dramatic point on it - it's Lady MacBeth washing her hands over and over again. "Out, damned spot!"

She's got blood on her hands here, even if it's not of her own doing. She knows it and she just keeps on scrubbin' in the hopes that the work can keep her mind off how she got it in the first place.

That was what created the dramatic tension. Watching someone work hard isn't interesting but watching guilt torment someone and push them towards a paralysis by analysis sure is.

There is no Perfume of Arabia will make wash that smell away.

Molitoth 04-11-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12819304)
ROFL

Haha yeah, my memory sucks.
:D

notorious 04-11-2017 11:25 AM

My guess is that Chuck is going to try and use the tape as leverage to keep Jimmy from practicing law.

Chiefspants 04-11-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12819456)
My guess is that Chuck is going to try and use the tape as leverage to keep Jimmy from practicing law.

My guess is that Jimmy will be forced to go nuclear and institutionalize Chuck. Invalidating Chuck's evidence, and burning the bridges with everyone at H&M. This will kick off his transition to Saul.

Season 4 will conclude when a scared 20 something kid and his Uncle ask Saul for help with a drug deal gone wrong.

notorious 04-11-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12819462)
My guess is that Jimmy will be forced to go nuclear and institutionalize Chuck. Invalidating Chuck's evidence, and burning the bridges with everyone at H&M. This will kick off his transition to Saul.

Season 4 will conclude when a scared 20 something kid and his Uncle ask Saul for help with a drug deal gone wrong.

I like your idea. Much more creative than mine.

Saul can just say,"I was trying to make my brother feel better!"

Chiefspants 04-11-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12819535)
I like your idea. Much more creative than mine.

Saul can just say,"I was trying to make my brother feel better!"

Oh - I was building off your idea. I think that's definitely what Chuck goes for - Jimmy will only go nuclear when he's faced with the choice between giving up law or burning every bridge he has.

...We have a fair idea of the direction he ultimately goes in.

BucEyedPea 04-11-2017 01:13 PM

Finally it's back. Last season was way too short. Meager six episodes or thereabouts.

raybec 4 04-11-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12819304)
ROFL

In BB, Saul even makes a reference to his back up plan being "Running a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Buehler445 04-11-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12819297)

Yeah, when someone, I think it was Walt was looking to buy a new life, he made some crack about a cinnabon manager in Nebraska.

Well, it turns out he used that one. So the parts where he was a cinnabon manager are after BB where he's trying to hide. Remember in season 1 where he got locked in the freezer or whatever and could have called the police, but chose to wait until shift change? Yeah. That's what they're getting at. How he is coping with what he lived through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12819456)

New Mexico state board.

kjwood75nro 04-11-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12820591)
Yeah, when someone, I think it was Walt was looking to buy a new life, he made some crack about a cinnabon manager in Nebraska.

Well, it turns out he used that one. So the parts where he was a cinnabon manager are after BB where he's trying to hide. Remember in season 1 where he got locked in the freezer or whatever and could have called the police, but chose to wait until shift change? Yeah. That's what they're getting at. How he is coping with what he lived through.

New Mexico state board.

And probably why he passed out after making a scene in front of law enforcement.

sedated 04-12-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12819462)

I'm thinking (obviously) the tape playing to Ernesto was by design. He knows Ernesto is Jimmy's friend and has helped him before. Ernesto lets Jimmy know that Chuck has a tape of his confession, and Chuck thinks this will lead Jimmy to do something to get rid of the tape and Chuck will be waiting. But Jimmy instead goes to Mike to let a professional handle it.

sedated 04-12-2017 10:27 AM

Also, I think the scene when Saul helped the cops, then yelled at the kid to get a lawyer, is an indication that some of the show will be post-BB, possibly with him getting back into the life. The season 1 opening was him putting on the old 'better call Saul" tapes and reminiscing, so he's getting the itch. Its pretty clear he isn't too happy being a manager in a mall.

stumppy 04-12-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12821020)
Also, I think the scene when Saul helped the cops, then yelled at the kid to get a lawyer, is an indication that some of the show will be post-BB, possibly with him getting back into the life. The season 1 opening was him putting on the old 'better call Saul" tapes and reminiscing, so he's getting the itch. Its pretty clear he isn't too happy being a manager in a mall.

It would be cool as hell if he just said screw this and went back to being a lawyer.

Sandy Vagina 04-12-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12821015)
I'm thinking (obviously) the tape playing to Ernesto was by design.

No doubt.

I don't see how the tape can be viewed as damning anyway. Jimmy can easily say that he "finally just stated what his bro wanted to hear, because he could tell his bro was losing his shit otherwise."

... and I like the show, but it IS slooooooooowwwwwww as ****. :p

Pitt Gorilla 04-12-2017 02:38 PM

You're goddamn right.

<iframe src="https://player.theplatform.com/p/M_UwQC/MMOjZwvNwhNj/embed/select/media/hQl6tQvBjsXz?form=html" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe>

notorious 04-12-2017 03:32 PM

Holy shit, the cop was in BB and BCS? That's awesome.