ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers FCC Approves New Net Neutrality Rules (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290904)

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11349923)
Just admit it Pete - you're pissed at this more because Obama backed it and less about what you're afraid the FCC "might" do down the road.

I'm not pissed at it. I never said I was against it, for what we know about.

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11349925)
The obvious fact I know way more about this than you. I will see that your death is as pleasant as possible for that admission.

What is it you know, Dave? Tell us. No one has seen the actual regulation so I am just curious as to what more you think you know than anyone else?

dirk digler 02-26-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 11349896)
And make no mistake. This is about cable companies that are facing competition from online television, using their control of the internet to stifle competition in the television market.

All comcast, time warner, etc need to do is price Netflix ' s "fast lane" to a degree that it's no longer a viable business. Don't want to pay for the fast lane? Then the cable company throttles bandwidth so the competing service is so poor no one has a realistic choice.

It's an industry built on monopolies, through an infrastructure payed for with tax money. And people are going to complain this ruling will kill competition?

100% right.

Also in the majority of the country there is only 1 or 2 options for Internet service because the barriers to entry are to high and because of state laws and regulations that favored the big companies.

KC native 02-26-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11349915)

heh, a fringe op-ed held out as authoritative.

Confirmation bias FTW!

Dave Lane 02-26-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11349923)
Just admit it Pete - you're pissed at this more because Obama backed it and less about what you're afraid the FCC "might" do down the road.

How long has it been since Pete last went unhinged? Couple weeks? That's not too bad by Pete standards. At least no one in the lounge had to witness the 9/11 insanity.

Bearcat 02-26-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11349767)
The ISPs have refrained from competing with each other to protect their margins.

The ISPs are the problem.

A few minutes spent comparing the services/cost of Google Fiber to all other ISPs should drive home both points.

It's equivalent to a new company offering gas for 3 cents/gallon.... you don't see a massive correction like that in a free market.

If that doesn't scream something is wrong with the ISPs, the whole economy must be ****ed.

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11349933)
How long has it been since Pete last went unhinged? Couple weeks? That's not too bad by Pete standards. At least no one in the lounge had to witness the 9/11 insanity.

I'll take your 3rd consecutive post of not answering my question as an admission you don't know jack from shit. :thumb:

Discuss Thrower 02-26-2015 09:46 PM

Meh. Big telco still wins. Local exchanges are gonna be nuked but that's no concern to anyone here, is it.

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11349936)
A few minutes spent comparing the services/cost of Google Fiber to all other ISPs should drive home both points.

It's equivalent to a new company offering gas for 3 cents/gallon.... you don't see a massive correction like that in a free market.

If that doesn't scream something is wrong with the ISPs, the whole economy must be ****ed.

Something wrong? They were charging what they could, because they could. I am not saying they weren't ****ing people over because they were. But they could. So why wouldn't they?

KC native 02-26-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11349936)

It's amazing to me how far some people will go to deny what's right in front of their faces.

|Zach| 02-26-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11349933)

Remember him saying how the airports one Thanksgiving were going to be a mess because of the new security machines? He thought there was going to be this grand mess and this was his issue for like...a week because he thought someone cared about what his wife looks like if she went through security.

Dave Lane 02-26-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11349937)
I'll take your 3rd consecutive post of not answering my question as an admission you don't know jack from shit. :thumb:

You got me you've called me out and now I'm here with egg on my face because I thought I'd read it. Darn how did I forget I hadn't? I dunno maybe it because I can ****ing read what is contained in a law from what the people that wrote the law said. Maybe I won't have to read 332 pages. I'm sure you've read the rules on ILEC telephone wire routing. Yet somehow you can probably discuss telephony with someone without reading the entire text of every FFC ruling.

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11349956)
You got me you've called me out and now I'm here with egg on my face because I thought I'd read it. Darn how did I forget I hadn't? I dunno maybe it because I can ****ing read what is contained in a law from what the people that wrote the law said. Maybe I won't have to read 332 pages. I'm sure you've read the rules on ILEC telephone wire routing. Yet somehow you can probably discuss telephony with someone without reading the entire text of every FFC ruling.

In other words you don't know shit. LMAO

Dave Lane 02-26-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 11349955)
Remember him saying how the airports one Thanksgiving were going to be a mess because of the new security machines? He thought there was going to be this grand mess and this was his issue for like...a week because he thought someone cared about what his wife looks like if she went through security.

Ahhh thanks for sharing Zach anyone else have a favorite Pete thread?

petegz28 02-26-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11349959)
Ahhh thanks for sharing Zach anyone else have a favorite Pete thread?

Don't get butt hurt because I called you out to back up something you can't back up.