ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Brain Tumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294345)

Saccopoo 09-16-2015 04:59 PM

So, the cancer docs I met with yesterday gave me a real tasty shit burger to chew on:

Super fun rare type of tumor that, at worst, is a 1 to 4 year deal; at best about 10-ish with repeated chemo/radiation/removal.

Kinda weird going from what I was feeling/considering the best shape of my life to having 1 to 4 years left on the meter in about a week and a half.

Side note, grocery store crowds at 4:00 in the afternoon are really weird. That's a strange group of people.

Saccopoo 09-16-2015 05:04 PM

Also, brain holes look better with staples.

The big, long raw pink scar line isn't a turn on to hot chicks as much as I'd hoped it would be. Kind makes you look like a tard who had some brain removed.

OldSchool 09-16-2015 05:04 PM

Man that sucks dude, prayers sent your way. Hope you beat it.

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11730776)
So, the cancer docs I met with yesterday gave me a real tasty shit burger to chew on:

Super fun rare type of tumor that, at worst, is a 1 to 4 year deal; at best about 10-ish with repeated chemo/radiation/removal.

Kinda weird going from what I was feeling/considering the best shape of my life to having 1 to 4 years left on the meter in about a week and a half.

Side note, grocery store crowds at 4:00 in the afternoon are really weird. That's a strange group of people.

Glioblastoma?

Saccopoo 09-16-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11730792)
Glioblastoma?

Gliosomeshitoma.

Actually, let's see...Glioneuronal. (If I read that ****ers Orcish writing correctly.)

Bowser 09-16-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

My wife's step mother was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer and was given 12-18 months to live. She made it 28 years before it took her. No doctor anywhere can tell you with certainty what your expiration date is. Keep your chin up and keep chopping wood, and live life on YOUR terms, always.

Bowser 09-16-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11730787)

The big, long raw pink scar line isn't a turn on to hot chicks as much as I'd hoped it would be. Kind makes you look like a tard who had some brain removed.

Add that you got that injury saving a pack of newborn black labs that had somehow fallen down a storm drain.

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11730797)
Gliosomeshitoma.

Actually, let's see...Glioneuronal. (If I read that ****ers Orcish writing correctly.)

Interesting, I hadn't heard of that.

Did they happen to tell you what chemo you'll get?

Saccopoo 09-16-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11730858)
Interesting, I hadn't heard of that.

Did they happen to tell you what chemo you'll get?

Some pill shit. After I heard the "1 to 4" comment, I kinda lost a lot of the remaining conversation.

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11730787)

LMAO You're not alone here.

I take advantage of it. I ride the battery operated carts at Walmart now. :D

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11730864)
Some pill shit. After I heard the "1 to 4" comment, I kinda lost a lot of the remaining conversation.

Temodar? Temozolomide? Sound familiar?

I had that last year.

DaneMcCloud 09-16-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

I hear ya, Dude. When the doctor told me and my wife that she had cervical cancer just weeks after giving birth, I don't remember a single word that was said for hours afterwards. From that point forward, I started recording the conversations with the docs.

Hang in there. Scientists are working every day to cure these mother****ing cancers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-16-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

You're too goddamned stubborn to die. There are 100's more shitty Utah drafts for you to compose and bludgeon our senses with.

God's not done with you yet. Chin up!

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2015 05:45 PM

Not once has any doctor since last August given me a number as far as life expectancy is concerned. I haven't asked, either.

I've found that best case with Glioblastoma, is 15 years. And that is rare. Age does play a huge factor. I'll be 45 next month, so that helps a lot. 60+ and the prognosis is not good.

If I get 10 more years, I can deal with that because I'll at least get to see my son graduate college. :D

patteeu 09-16-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

I was told in 1993 that I had a couple of years left and there was nothing more the doctors could do. Turns out, he was wrong. Stay positive until the end.