ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339986)

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15873126)
What will defenses do when we line up Kelce, Fortson and Gordon together and Hill on the other side in short and goal situations?

That is a trio of big, tall guys and a Cheetah they have to contain.

Best of luck to them.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15873126)
What will defenses do when we line up Kelce, Fortson and Gordon together and Hill on the other side in short and goal situations?

https://y.yarn.co/42d63dd2-5fd0-4d57...a9ee3_text.gif

staylor26 10-06-2021 06:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aLIlBAW.jpg

RustShack 10-06-2021 07:29 PM

We aren’t even going to tell the Bills to grab their ankles. We’re just going to butt **** them dry.

Halfcan 10-06-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 15876836)
We aren’t even going to tell the Bills to grab their ankles. We’re just going to butt **** them dry.

Has anyone thought about the possibility that Gordon will keep on the straight and narrow?

Just saying...the Chiefs have been leveling a lot of praise his way.

Think about vintage Gordon in red. :p

He could do for the Chiefs what Moss did for the Patriots.

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-06-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15876890)
Has anyone thought about the possibility that Gordon will keep on the straight and narrow?

Just saying...the Chiefs have been leveling a lot of praise his way.

Think about vintage Gordon in red. :p

He could do for the Chiefs what Moss did for the Patriots.

How old was Moss when he went to the Pats?

Sure-Oz 10-06-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 15876917)
How old was Moss when he went to the Pats?

He was 30

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-06-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15876920)
He was 30

Hmm... Now I'm even a little bit more optimistic.

BossChief 10-06-2021 11:15 PM

Gordon had 1007 yards and 6 TDs in his 17 games with NE.

That’s a realistic goal to think he will get 771 yards and between 4-5 TDs…we will be passing more if this defense doesn’t start to show up, too.

I could see Gordon getting 800 yards snd 7-8 touchdowns if the hype is real.

Redbled 10-06-2021 11:58 PM

If Flash stays clean he’s likely the best number 2 in the league.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-07-2021 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15877158)
If Flash stays clean he’s likely the best number 2 in the league.

Wow, that is inspiring.

TEX 10-07-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15877134)
Gordon had 1007 yards and 6 TDs in his 17 games with NE.

That’s a realistic goal to think he will get 771 yards and between 4-5 TDs…we will be passing more if this defense doesn’t start to show up, too.

I could see Gordon getting 800 yards snd 7-8 touchdowns if the hype is real.

Did not realize he played that many games for NE. I thought they signed him during the season and he played like half a season and then left before the playoffs. I could easily be wrong here.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15877223)
Did not realize he played that many games for NE. I thought they signed him during the season and he played like half a season and then left before the playoffs. I could easily be wrong here.

He played 11 games with the Pats in 2018

In 2019 he played 6 games with them and 5 with the Seahawks

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 07:04 AM

guys, he's probably going to go like 10-15 snaps.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

ptlyon 10-07-2021 07:07 AM

If that. Depends on how many cracks we get.

TribalElder 10-07-2021 07:12 AM

<div style="width:480px"><iframe allow="fullscreen" frameBorder="0" height="270" src="https://giphy.com/embed/7Eifxmk3mrObZCR9H9/video" width="480"></iframe></div>

cash money

Iconic 10-07-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15877264)
guys, he's probably going to go like 10-15 snaps.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

LMAO fr the amount of circle jerking over this guy is nuts.

BWillie 10-07-2021 08:01 AM

Josh Gordon had the 15th best season for a WR in the history of the NFL - and only played 14 games while garbage QBs throw to him.

If adjusted to 16 games, that is 1881 yards good enough the 2nd best season for a WR in NFL history. Every other WR season above him basically played 16 games.

Hold onto ya butts

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15877309)
Josh Gordon had the 15th best season for a WR in the history of the NFL - and only played 14 games while garbage QBs throw to him.

If adjusted to 16 games, that is 1881 yards good enough the 2nd best season for a WR in NFL history. Every other WR season above him basically played 16 games.

Hold onto ya butts

8 years and what, 6 suspensions ago?

Pump the brakes, man.

If Gordon can keep his nose clean, I fully expect Sammy Watkins level production from him by the end of the season and into the play-offs. But week one is going to be a limited play package they've put in for him, I'm certain.

penguinz 10-07-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15877312)

Pump the brakes, man.

If Gordon can keep his nose clean, I fully expect Sammy Watkins level production from him by the end of the season and into the play-offs. But week one is going to be a limited play package they've put in for him, I'm certain.

He will be on the field for >=50% of the offensive snaps.

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15877315)
He will be on the field for >=50% of the offensive snaps.

this week? You're nuts.

FlaChief58 10-07-2021 08:17 AM

No doubt they'll ease him in, but I think most of us are excited by the possibility that he's going to be that reliable 3rd target we desperately need to take the pressure off of Kelce and Reek. Add to that an improving run game and PMII is going to rape faces

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Pump the brakes, man.

If it's just a few forward passes, that's huge. It's not good when the Chiefs strategy the past few weeks has been to throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage to your WR2s.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2021 08:19 AM

People are going to be talking about how we are the definite favorites in the AFC after this game, and opposing fans how unfair it is that we have Gordon.

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15877323)
People are going to be talking about how we are the definite favorites in the AFC after this game, and opposing fans how unfair it is that we have Gordon.

That may well be, and I wouldn't be surprised.

I just doubt very seriously Gordon's going to play anywhere near 50% of the snaps or anything like that.

I'm sure they'll have a package of plays for him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some success with him right away, but I don't think he'll have anywhere near enough of the offense down to play the majority of snaps.

I expect they'll start with 10-15 plays in a package this week, and then next week they'll add more, and so on, and so on.

It's not Madden. Guys off the street don't suddenly just KNOW an Andy Reid offense. They're going to put him in situations to succeed and contribute early, and add to that on a weekly basis. It's the smart thing to do.

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 08:25 AM

I should add-

I wouldn't be surprised if he's in on a lot of running plays, as he's such a big WR. I would expect he'd be a plus blocker.

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15877322)
If it's just a few forward passes, that's huge. It's not good when the Chiefs strategy the past few weeks has been to throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage to your WR2s.

WR screens are fine if they're executed well. Forcing a defense to defend every inch of field both horizontal and vertical is a staple concept of the West Coast Offense.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-07-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Pump the brakes, man.

Plus he shouldn't cost too much to bring back if he does well.

penguinz 10-07-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15877318)
this week? You're nuts.

You also think CEH is an elite RB. You are going to be wrong again.

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15877336)
WR screens are fine if they're executed well. Forcing a defense to defend every inch of field both horizontal and vertical is a staple concept of the West Coast Offense.

I get why we run them. But when that is the only role for your WR2 that spells trouble. I still love mecole as a role playing WR but we've got to get these guys effective past the line of scrimmage. We are fine horizontal and vertical. But we have got to get better in between.

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15877409)
You also think CEH is an elite RB. You are going to be wrong again.

Unlike a lot of people around here, when I'm wrong I admit it.

I'm not wrong on Clyde yet. Let's revisit at the end of the season, shall we?

And if Gordon doesn't play 50% of the snaps, will you come here and admit you were wrong? Or will you just ignore it like you always do and move on to the next of your asinine theories?

penguinz 10-07-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15877438)
Unlike a lot of people around here, when I'm wrong I admit it.

I'm not wrong on Clyde yet. Let's revisit at the end of the season, shall we?

And if Gordon doesn't play 50% of the snaps, will you come here and admit you were wrong? Or will you just ignore it like you always do and move on to the next of your asinine theories?

See this is how I know you are full of shit. I posted more than once this past Sunday how CEH is looking better and hope the trend continues.

Of course I will come back here and say I was wrong. Will you?

Chris Meck 10-07-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15877852)
See this is how I know you are full of shit. I posted more than once this past Sunday how CEH is looking better and hope the trend continues.

Of course I will come back here and say I was wrong. Will you?

wait, but I was wrong? I said I think Clyde will have Holmes-like numbers this season. We'll have to wait until season's end to see if that's true or not. But I said somewhere around 1500 yds in one of the posts. The last two games would put him comfortably on that pace. (first two weeks added in and it's 1250, which would indeed be short of my prediction.) We'll have to see if the trending up continues.

If Gordon takes 50% or more of the snaps this week, yeah, I'd totally come on Chiefsplanet and say something like- "Wow. I didn't think he'd play nearly that much".

Apparently to you, that would mean I got owned.

You're really ****ing weird, man.

Icon 10-07-2021 05:16 PM

Chiefs fans are rightfully worried about Josh "keeping his nose clean". It's my understanding Josh has suspended for weed use. Didn't the NFL change the rules this year? I don't think they test for weed anymore. I don't remember if he had any other issues besides weed.

Am I wrong on this?

rabblerouser 10-07-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 15878257)
Chiefs fans are rightfully worried about Josh "keeping his nose clean". It's my understanding Josh has suspended for weed use. Didn't the NFL change the rules this year? I don't think they test for weed anymore. I don't remember if he had any other issues besides weed.

Am I wrong on this?

Has been discussed over previous 13 pages of thread.

-King- 10-07-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 15878257)

Am I wrong on this?

He's a big time glue sniffer.

Tribal Warfare 10-15-2021 04:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/osjDCqloMKo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T-post Tom 10-15-2021 04:44 PM

Hoping he gets more snaps vs the xskins.

Toad 10-15-2021 06:32 PM

Dude has Popeye forearms…

ThyKingdomCome15 10-15-2021 06:48 PM

How did he look?

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-15-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15895633)
How did he look?

So hot.

R Clark 10-15-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad (Post 15895608)
Dude has Popeye forearms…

Let’s hope he eats his spinach this sunday

KChiefs1 10-15-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15895747)
Let’s hope he eats his spinach this sunday

Better than smoking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6 10-16-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15895472)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/osjDCqloMKo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had already read most of the transcript on this, but it was still informative to see and hear him... he really comes off well, and sounds grounded

If he can stay on the straight and narrow, man that'd be sooo nice... but I'd be a liar if I said there wasn't a little voice on my shoulder saying he just might let us down at the worst possible time

Damn sure hope that little voice is wrong

Coochie liquor 10-16-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15896383)
I had already read most of the transcript on this, but it was still informative to see and hear him... he really comes off well, and sounds grounded

If he can stay on the straight and narrow, man that'd be sooo nice... but I'd be a liar if I said there wasn't a little voice on my shoulder saying he just might let us down at the worst possible time

Damn sure hope that little voice is wrong

I’m with you, but hoping for the best for this guy. Not only because he’s a Chief, but because I’d love to see him overcome that addiction and be a better person for himself. Looking forward to seeing how they use him this week, and getting him more involved in the offense.

BigRedChief 10-21-2021 07:00 PM

Kelce was heaping praise all over Gordon at his presser today. Physically gifted specimen of a human being. Doing things all over the practice field that are amazing. Said something about learning the playbook.

Why isn’t he playing more? Standard routes are done on every play.

Marcellus 10-21-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15906451)
Kelce was heaping praise all over Gordon at his presser today. Physically gifted specimen of a human being. Doing things all over the practice field that are amazing. Said something about learning the playbook.

Why isn’t he playing more? Standard routes are done on every play.

You answered your own question before you asked it.

BigRedChief 10-21-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15906463)
You answered your own question before you asked it.

im sure he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed but he can run a 15 yard up and out, a slant over the middle in his sleep. He could make a game changing play doing simple routes like that.

Marcellus 10-21-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15906479)
im sure he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed but he can run a 15 yard up and out, a slant over the middle in his sleep. He could make a game changing play doing simple routes like that.

I get that but it appears the coaches aren't willing to risk a mistake right now considering they have already turned the ball over more than any other team in the NFL so far.

mlyonsd 10-21-2021 07:24 PM

I hope he turns into a great alternative on 3rd and 11. The same with a fade into the endzone. Pat has the skills to throw him a ball only he can catch.

BigRedChief 10-21-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 15906505)
I hope he turns into a great alternative on 3rd and 11. The same with a fade into the endzone. Pat has the skills to throw him a ball only he can catch.

Mahomes could throw him a back shoulder anywhere on the field. Hit him In the corner of end zone up high where only he can get it. Just seems underutilized. But, Andy is a helluva lot smarter than my dumb ass.

mlyonsd 10-21-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15906517)
Mahomes could throw him a back shoulder anywhere on the field. Hit him In the corner of end zone up high where only he can get it. Just seems underutilized. But, Andy is a helluva lot smarter than my dumb ass.

Totally get it. Every O play I look to see if he's on the field. I'm just hoping the chemistry happens.

The Franchise 10-21-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15906479)

He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed? What is this shit?

Go pick up a playbook and see how much you can figure out in a couple of weeks.

BigRedChief 10-21-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15906529)
He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed? What is this shit?

Go pick up a playbook and see how much you can figure out in a couple of weeks.

I get paid to work with way more complicated shit on a daily basis than an NFL playbook. Probably 1/2 of us on here do. So **** off. They are paid mainly for their physical talents.

the guy has a history of doing really really dumb shit that would **** up his life immensely. Really smart people avoid that kind of destructive behavior. I think labeling him as not the sharpest tool in the shed is descriptive from what we know of him publicly.

The Franchise 10-21-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15906558)
I get paid to work with way more complicated shit on a daily basis than an NFL playbook. Probably 1/2 of us on here do. So **** off. They are paid mainly for their physical talents.

the guy has a history of doing really really dumb shit that would **** up his life immensely. Really smart people avoid that kind of destructive behavior. I think labeling him as not the sharpest tool in the shed is descriptive from what we know of him publicly.

Coming from the guy who sucks his own dick every chance he gets?

Go **** yourself.

Bearcat 10-21-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Not arguing whether he is or isn't smart, but to make that determination based on substance abuse is seriously underestimating and perhaps outright dismissing the power of the human mind when it comes to mental issues, addiction, and destructive behavior.

The vast majority of people have some level of destructive behavior, and it's usually relatively mild... preferring to do the lazy thing every once in a while, indulging every once in a while..

Imagine if that was turned up to 11 all the time.

I've known some very intelligent people diagnosed with ADHD (and not the "well, that definition sounds like everyone when they're a teenager") and a couple who are potentially bipolar and/or have other issues going on, and as hard as it is to comprehend for anyone who knows right from wrong, there's zero connection between action and consequences, no matter how logically they think otherwise.

Yeah, he might also simply not be very smart, but we have our jobs because we're smart, not physically gifted, and are fortunate enough to not have a brain that's truly destructive.

Titty Meat 10-21-2021 09:39 PM

Sounds like the media and some fans think were getting the guy from 2013 but the stats say as of the last few years hes played hes closer to D Rob production

-King- 10-21-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Couldn't the same be said about overeating? You consider yourself smart?

Demonpenz 10-21-2021 09:44 PM

I am friends with his mom on FB I will ask Josh Briscoe what is up when I see him at planet fitness

-King- 10-21-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15906490)
I get that but it appears the coaches aren't willing to risk a mistake right now considering they have already turned the ball over more than any other team in the NFL so far.

Is a quick slant really that much of a risk? Just get him involved and engaged. We were up big at the end of the game, run some plays where he's the first option. Even if we turn the ball over at that point, so what?

carcosa 10-21-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Really smart people avoid that kind of destructive behavior.

Ah yes, geniuses famously never have substance abuse issues, that's why Philip Seymour Hoffman and Jimi Hendrix and Frida Kahlo are all still alive

BigRedChief 10-21-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15906715)
Coming from the guy who sucks his own dick every chance he gets?

Go **** yourself.

Maybe next time come up with a smarter response than **** you too.

You’re the one that got aggressive. Don’t like it back at you, don’t start some shit. Also the ignore option still works if I offend you by my existence here. Maybe help alleviate your anger and lower your blood pressure. Just a thought.

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:12 AM

I'd jizz right there if he had like a 180 yard game. I'm calling it - 180 yards vs Titans

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:13 AM

thread must get to 1200 post by game time!!! If so - Flash gets 180 years rec.!!!,,,

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15895472)

wow! rough start - Teicher and his "And Brad I'll have a second 'quick' follow-up question."

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:16 AM

180 4 Josh!

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:18 AM

Ok - I'll say this - that catch vs. Carolina where Gordon is a Seahawk, Wholly ****!

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:22 AM

call me crazy - he may not work out - but for some reason I feel like he will be a nice rental or greater. Also seems to be a nice Christian, I'm glad he found Jesus for sure sweeties!

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:23 AM

He will only work out if you guys help me get this to 1200 posts!! please assist in this force in helping Flash Gordon get to 180 yards!! Hell yeah!

KC Hawks 10-22-2021 12:31 AM

Now I'm HORNAY again!!!

carcosa 10-22-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15906884)
180 4 Josh!

This is how I call collect!!!

BigRedChief 10-22-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15906884)
180 4 Josh!

Yards for Josh. In!

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15906892)
This is how I call collect!!!

HELL YEAH SWEETIE! My favorite team in the WORLD - The Kansas City Chiefs are going to collect souls!! You all seem nice on this page - let's get it!

carcosa 10-22-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15906895)
HELL YEAH SWEETIE! My favorite team in the WORLD - The Kansas City Chiefs are going to collect souls!! You all seem nice on this page - let's get it!

LGI!!!!!!

Simply Red 10-22-2021 12:40 AM

Hell yeah!

KC Hawks 10-22-2021 12:46 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/de...13adb9688b.jpg

BossChief 10-22-2021 12:48 AM

In 17 games with NE, he had over 1000 yards and 6tds. That was the last time he played for a stable organization with good coaching. I’m pulling for him to let his demons rest for a couple years while he helps us win a couple more trophies.

In for Josh Gordon’s 180 in life starting with his 180 Sunday!

carcosa 10-22-2021 12:57 AM

https://sd.keepcalms.com/i/keep-calm...uck-josh-2.png

cabletech94 10-22-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15906887)
call me crazy - he may not work out - but for some reason I feel like he will be a nice rental or greater. Also seems to be a nice Christian, I'm glad he found Jesus for sure sweeties!

Just doing my part.

According to nfl.com the TITs are at the bottom of the league in pass Def. So take this with a grain of salt.

Gooooo Josh!!!

oldman 10-22-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15906801)
Sounds like the media and some fans think were getting the guy from 2013 but the stats say as of the last few years hes played hes closer to D Rob production

But can he run forward? If he can, then bench DRob and let the guy run a slant or an up and out. Surely in the 3 or 4 weeks he's been on the team he's learned a bit of that playbook.