ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Mahomes_Is_God 05-11-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15667682)
No one talking about the soundbyte about Rogers happy if he goes to Denver so he could have more opportunities to beat Mahomes?

He could barely beat us when we had a highschool football coach starting, LOL! No disrespect meant towards Midnight Hour, dude balled. I wish he was still our backup.

BlackOp 05-11-2021 04:24 AM

I'll add a few more details that led me not caring anymore...you can decide for yourself...these are just my observations.

The NFL repeatedly rejects technical advancements in officiating. They did it again this year...there really inst a rational excuse to not update the accuracy. Other sports have implemented it..

Goodell is on record saying "officiating error is woven into the fabric of the sport"...this is when he was questioned about why the NFL hasnt changed its system. He literally (inadvertently) said.."****ing up a call is an important component of the game"

They pretended to make PI reviewable...and it ended up being a detriment to the team throwing the red flag. It was obvious they had no intent of actually enforcing it. It lasted one season...as a token appeasement for the Saints being screwed out of a SB..and their fans boycotting.

Judgement calls are how they swing point spreads...and they always have an out. Human error...they will NEVER remove this aspect.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2021 05:17 AM

Games are absolutely steered to go a certain way. Look at the way the Bilks game was called and the Bucs game and tell me officials don't make a difference in the outcome

ThaVirus 05-11-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15668797)
Games are absolutely steered to go a certain way. Look at the way the Bilks game was called and the Bucs game and tell me officials don't make a difference in the outcome

To clarify, you're saying the league steered the Bills game in our favor?

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15668797)

It actually amazes me that there are full grown, successful adults who have been watching this sport for 30+ years and haven't figured this out yet.

-King- 05-11-2021 08:30 AM

Wonder why the league decided to rig superbowl 54 for us instead of superbowl 55. Why didn't they want one of the biggest markets and historic teams to win superbowl 54? Why didn't they choose the bigger market and most marketable young superstar in superbowl 55?

Oh well, hope they rig 56 for us. You guys think they will? How many Superbowls do you guys think they'll have Mahomes win in his career?

RaidersOftheCellar 05-11-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15668848)
It actually amazes me that there are full grown, successful adults who have been watching this sport for 30+ years and haven't figured this out yet.

I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-11-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15668888)
Wonder why the league decided to rig superbowl 50 for us instead of superbowl 51. Why didn't they want one of the biggest markets and historic teams to win superbowl 50? Why didn't they choose the bigger market and most marketable young superstar in superbowl 51?

Oh well, hope they rig 52 for us. You guys think they will? How many Superbowls do you guys think they'll have Mahomes win in his career?

When did you become a Denver fan??

-King- 05-11-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15668903)
When did you become a Denver fan??

Why do you have to highlight my stupidity?

TEX 05-11-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15668888)
Wonder why the league decided to rig superbowl 54 for us instead of superbowl 55. Why didn't they want one of the biggest markets and historic teams to win superbowl 54? Why didn't they choose the bigger market and most marketable young superstar in superbowl 55?

Oh well, hope they rig 56 for us. You guys think they will? How many Superbowls do you guys think they'll have Mahomes win in his career?

If you're going to say dumb stuff, at least spell Super Bowl correctly. It's two words...

-King- 05-11-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15668927)
If you're going to say dumb stuff, at least spell Super Bowl correctly. It's two words...

That's what Goodell wants you to think

Coochie liquor 05-11-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15668927)

Superb Owl??

AdolfOliverBush 05-11-2021 09:16 AM

Believing the NFL is rigged, but still watching NFL games is WWE fan-level stupidity.

-King- 05-11-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 15668940)
Believing the NFL is rigged, but still watching NFL games is WWE fan-level stupidity.

Not only watching...but discussing strategies and discussing player moves and player legacies based on game results.

Mennonite 05-11-2021 09:26 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yvd3aEsThbc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX 05-11-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15668848)

Exactly. The deal is, you can easily tell when the officials have their marching orders. "THE CALL" happens, and other weird ones follow if needed (and sometimes it's a blatant non-call like the 2018 NFC Championship Game) and the game is altered. Those REALLY piss me off as there is NO ****ING WAY a professional Ref should EVER miss some of them...THE CALL happened to KC in this past Super Bowl when an INT near midfield was denied. Had KC been given the ball, and scored, they're right back in it.

It happens in regular season games as well. In far too many to list...Anyone remember the national televised KC at Pitt game in 2018? KC up by 3 scores, and Big Rape gets strip sacked and KC scores to go up 28, but all of a sudden there's a "holding" flag and it's nullified. Would have been GAME OVER at the half - NEVER saw the replay. SD at KC on Thursday Night Football - Remember how that ended? That was so bad, they changed the OPI rules the following year... What about KC at Oakland a few years ago? THAT was a special kind of getting jobbed. Happened throughout the whole game. KC at SF the season before that. No way in hell Kaep got that first down, he was at least 2 yards short... Point is it happens nearly every week throughout the league. The only way once can miss it, is if one does not want to see it.

KCUnited 05-11-2021 09:31 AM

Scientists believe they are only a few years away from unearthing the first conspiracy nutter who believes games are rigged in favor of their favorite team

TEX 05-11-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15668939)
Superb Owl??

:LOL: Works for me!

TEX 05-11-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15668930)
That's what Goodell wants you to think

No, it's why you miss the easy stuff a lot. Deal is, you know your stuff, but you're most always on the wrong side with it. It's like you keep missing the target.

TEX 05-11-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15668891)
I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.

:clap: This is a very good way to look at it.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15668766)
and I haven't been wrong the past 4 years. I predicted a LA team in the SB...and they got there by the worst call in playoff history.

You've actually been wrong quite consistently as ive pointed out in previous threads. I call you out on your bullshit and you hate it. And you still didnt answer his questions.

Anytime you are asked to answer to your hypocrisy you bitch out and dance around the question with your same old tired ass responses.

-King- 05-11-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15668959)
Exactly. The deal is, you can easily tell when the officials have their marching orders. "THE CALL" happens, and other weird ones follow if needed (and sometimes it's a blatant non-call like the 2018 NFC Championship Game) and the game is altered. Those REALLY piss me off as there is NO ****ING WAY a professional Ref should EVER miss some of them...THE CALL happened to KC in this past Super Bowl when an INT near midfield was denied. Had KC been given the ball, and scored, they're right back in it.

It happens in regular season games as well. In far too many to list...Anyone remember the national televised KC at Pitt game in 2018? KC up by 3 scores, and Big Rape gets strip sacked and KC scores to go up 28, but all of a sudden there's a "holding" flag and it's nullified. Would have been GAME OVER at the half - NEVER saw the replay. SD at KC on Thursday Night Football - Remember how that ended? That was so bad, they changed the OPI rules the following year... What about KC at Oakland a few years ago? THAT was a special kind of getting jobbed. Happened throughout the whole game. KC at SF the season before that. No way in hell Kaep got that first down, he was at least 2 yards short... Point is it happens nearly every week throughout the league. The only way once can miss it, is if one does not want to see it.

Which games did the nfl rig for KC to win?

-King- 05-11-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15668891)

Why didn't they do that in the superbowl then? They forgot?

RunKC 05-11-2021 09:46 AM

It’s about more than money

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The report in <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthletic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthletic</a> stating Aaron Rodgers turned down a Packers offer which would have made him the highest-paid QB in football is something else.<br><br>To be mad is one thing, to turn down that kind of money, even for someone who has plenty, is another.</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1392126764030349312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThaVirus 05-11-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15668994)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The report in <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthletic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthletic</a> stating Aaron Rodgers turned down a Packers offer which would have made him the highest-paid QB in football is something else.<br><br>To be mad is one thing, to turn down that kind of money, even for someone who has plenty, is another.</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1392126764030349312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I feel like this doesn't mean much without seeing the figures. Perhaps it would have made him the highest paid QB, but the guarantees were relatively low and he's looking for more commitment from the organization..?

TLO 05-11-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15668994)

I think it's about him being a cry baby bitch.

staylor26 05-11-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15669115)
I feel like this doesn't mean much without seeing the figures. Perhaps it would have made him the highest paid QB, but the guarantees were relatively low and he's looking for more commitment from the organization..?

Exactly. This tells us nothing.

I think above the money, Rodgers wants them to fully commit for the next few years. That’s something that is dependent on structure.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15669126)
I think it's about him being a cry baby bitch.

Why does a man with power deciding his own fate make him a bitch?

Seems quite the opposite.

A bitch would sit there and just be a good soldier while his team continues to crater the remaining years of his career with poor draft choices, negligence and disrespect....while he sits there like a good soldier taking it like a bitch.

It seems to me that if you believe he should shut up and stay put, then YOU'RE the bitch.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Yep, I recall every single one of these instances. It's exactly like you said, some people just simply don't want to see it. It really is just that simple. Countless NFL players have spoken out about it, books have been written about it, ect.

Also, the responses using the term 'rigged' constantly are a little redundant and deflective. Obviously every game and every play and every outcome is not scripted or rigged. That would be impossible to pull off and would be blatantly obvious.

However, anyone who can't see that certain games are manipulated by officiating isn't even really worth having a discussion with at this point. If you watched those calls handed to Brady in the Super Bowl as a Chiefs' fan and still can deny this stuff happens, you're just an extremely naive person. You watched Mahomes get sledgehammered into the ground play after play without a single penalty while people weren't allowed to breathe on Brady's receivers without a flag flying.

And believe it or not, it is still possible to enjoy NFL football while knowing in the back of your mind that games will be steered in certain directions from time to time. It actually makes it much easier to handle because you can clearly see when it's happening if you accept it and realize it's time to mentally check out. I was over our Super Bowl loss by halftime because of how it transpired.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 10:40 AM

If a man has a better opportunity to further his career elsewhere, a MAN takes that opportunity despite the changes, uncertainty, relocation of his home and family, and whatever his co-workers might say.

A Bitch would turn it down to stay put, stay comfortable, not deal with change and not deal with relocation and uncertainty....and also not further advance himself because he's afraid/unwilling to deal with what comes with change.

TLO 05-11-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669136)
Why does a man with power deciding his own fate make him a bitch?

Seems quite the opposite.

A bitch would sit there and just be a good soldier while his team continues to crater the remaining years of his career with poor draft choices, negligence and disrespect....while he sits there like a good soldier taking it like a bitch.

It seems to me that if you believe he should shut up and stay put, then YOU'RE the bitch.

I think he's always been a bitch. Though I'd probably whine and complain a lot too if the Packers had squandered my talent for as long as they have.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15669149)
I think he's always been a bitch. Though I'd probably whine and complain a lot too if the Packers had squandered my talent for as long as they have.

He is a bitch, but the Packers are bitches too like you said.

This whole situation is just the culmination of two arrogant bitches being passive aggressive bitches for way too long, and now it's coming to a head.

Rainbarrel 05-11-2021 10:52 AM

Calling Black Op: The 2021 NFL Draft had the 3rd highest draft ratings ever. Strange after a less than stellar class and a new network deal was signed. Thanks Aaron!

TEX 05-11-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15668987)

I think the last thing they wanted was to see KC bury TB early, like they did 5 or 6 weeks earlier. I think they thought KC would come storming back, since it is what they're known for. So, the calls were made to steer the game in that direction. However, anyone who watched that game, and watches KC, could see this time it was different and that it wasn't going to happen b/c KC's OL was so severely overmatched. So, the way the game was officiated early on, just served to seal KC's fate on a day when they clearly were not their best, due to many factors.

mkp785 05-11-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right? I have a shirt that I bought and a cpl of other things as well. Hate to think that I got all that stuff for a rigged one. The rigged one was this past Super Bowl...when we lost.

mkp785 05-11-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15668982)
You've actually been wrong quite consistently as ive pointed out in previous threads. I call you out on your bullshit and you hate it. And you still didnt answer his questions.

Anytime you are asked to answer to your hypocrisy you bitch out and dance around the question with your same old tired ass responses.

This. Whenever he is called to actually explain something. He does the CP version of Cartman "screw you guys I'm going home" he never actually answers any questions. Amazing that he had the balls to type that out. Lol

RunKC 05-11-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15669115)

I think he might be looking at that no trade clause bc from what I’m seeing he doesn’t have that in his current contract

-King- 05-11-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15669176)
I think the last thing they wanted was to see KC bury TB early, like they did 5 or 6 weeks earlier. I think they thought KC would come storming back, since it is what they're known for. So, the calls were made to steer the game in that direction. However, anyone who watched that game, and watches KC, could see this time it was different and that it wasn't going to happen b/c KC's OL was so severely overmatched. So, the way the game was officiated early on, just served to seal KC's fate on a day when they clearly were not their best, due to many factors.

So they couldn't call any penalties on the TB defensive line to slow them down or change up how they played? Or call holding on their DBs to extend drives so the game would be closer?

The logic doesn't seem consistent.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15669143)
Yep, I recall every single one of these instances. It's exactly like you said, some people just simply don't want to see it. It really is just that simple. Countless NFL players have spoken out about it, books have been written about it, ect.

Also, the responses using the term 'rigged' constantly are a little redundant and deflective. Obviously every game and every play and every outcome is not scripted or rigged. That would be impossible to pull off and would be blatantly obvious.

However, anyone who can't see that certain games are manipulated by officiating isn't even really worth having a discussion with at this point. If you watched those calls handed to Brady in the Super Bowl as a Chiefs' fan and still can deny this stuff happens, you're just an extremely naive person. You watched Mahomes get sledgehammered into the ground play after play without a single penalty while people weren't allowed to breathe on Brady's receivers without a flag flying.

And believe it or not, it is still possible to enjoy NFL football while knowing in the back of your mind that games will be steered in certain directions from time to time. It actually makes it much easier to handle because you can clearly see when it's happening if you accept it and realize it's time to mentally check out. I was over our Super Bowl loss by halftime because of how it transpired.

Refs have influence over the outcome of games.

That's a "no-shit". That's prevalent in any sport with a ref as the nature of it is subjective in itself. Anytime something is subjective you're going to have errors, inconsistency and outcomes that people disagree with

What's in question is the WHY and HOW.

The problem people like you have is the complete lack of consistency in these views and you can never competently defend them. Like, ever.

I do believe that refs are told to look for certain things in games. They're instructed by higher-ups to watch Team A as they often commit X-type of penalty.

Teams have input on such things. Certain coaches like BB are known for sending tape into league offices complaining about certain teams getting away with certain things.

Several years ago during the Alex Smith era i recall (IIRC, Mike Tomlin) openly complaining about the Chiefs getting away with so many rub-routes. If you think he didn't complain to the league about that before the game, you're kidding yourself.

Steven Nelson, for example, has a league wide reputation for being grabby. So why would anyone be surprised that refs are paying extra close attention to Steven Nelson grabbing onto receivers and getting called for it over and over again?

I do believe that refs are also told to lay off on penalties as well and at times, let players play. We've seen examples of "let them play" in the playoffs on a yearly basis. All of a sudden things that were penalties in the regular season aren't in the playoffs.

During last season's SB run, i made note several times during the playoffs that the Refs were letting the Chiefs DB's play physical and graby. BECAUSE THEY WERE.

Not one off you mother****ers seemed to have noticed or cared.

I even said in teh SB preview thread that the Chiefs should continue letting their DB's get grabby. I SAID that they would get penalized. I SAID that the Chiefs should keep being physical anyway.

So when the game starts and the refs come out with a twitchy trigger finger looking for DPI's, no one should've been surprised.

The refs spent two ****ing weeks studying, and being told that the Chiefs DB's are grabby. Lo and behold, they're getting flagged just like i said they would.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15669207)
So they couldn't call any penalties on the TB defensive line to slow them down or change up how they played? Or call holding on their DBs to extend drives so the game would be closer?

The logic doesn't seem consistent.

Exactly. It's wildly inconsistent.

If the end goal is make money, then they'd strive for ratings. Ratings are increased by having a competitive game.

Instead they "let" the Chiefs get blown out in what would become one of the least watched SB's in recent memory.

When, apparently, the refs easily coulda called a number of bogus calls to extend Chief's drives to make the game more competitive.

Yes, the penalties subsided against the Chiefs in the 2nd half. I believe the reason for that was the ref team making half time adjustments in how they called the game, and toned down their DPI trigger finger as they were ruining the game.

OR the Chiefs made adjustments and backed their DB's off their physicallity.

Either of those options are far more likely, and far more consistent with what we've seen.

Mecca 05-11-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669223)
Exactly. It's wildly inconsistent.

If the end goal is make money, then they'd strive for ratings. Ratings are increased by having a competitive game.

Instead they "let" the Chiefs get blown out in what would become one of the least watched SB's in recent memory.

When, apparently, the refs easily coulda called a number of bogus calls to extend Chief's drives to make the game more competitive.

Yes, the penalties subsided against the Chiefs in the 2nd half. I believe the reason for that was the ref team making half time adjustments in how they called the game, and toned down their DPI trigger finger as they were ruining the game.

OR the Chiefs made adjustments and backed their DB's off their physicallity.

Either of those options are far more likely, and far more consistent with what we've seen.

I think they were trying to get a competitive game. They refs reffed like they thought Tampa was the worse team they needed to help. By the time any realization happened that the Chiefs weren't the same because of the OL it was to late. So we got what we got...

TEX 05-11-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkp785 (Post 15669179)
So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right? I have a shirt that I bought and a cpl of other things as well. Hate to think that I got all that stuff for a rigged one. The rigged one was this past Super Bowl...when we lost.

Not real sure, but I can see that you're not open to any of the possibilities other than what you believe... I'll answer your question regardless - IMO, KC did get calls go their way in Super Bowl LIV. The OPI to Kittle right before the half was huge. So was the TD pass that put KC on top for good in the 4th (Did Damien step out before he scored?) and the slap to Jimmy G's helmet when he was sacked in the series before Damien's 4th qtr. TD run that sealed it. So, 49'er fans can argue, and do argue, that Super Bowl LIV was rigged to go KC's way. And I can see where they're coming from. WE had the Super Star QB, not them. We got the big breaks, not them. Get it now?

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkp785 (Post 15669179)
So just to clarify. Our super bowl was clean though right?

Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.

Mile High Mania 05-11-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669238)
Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.

That is interesting.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15669232)
I think they were trying to get a competitive game. They refs reffed like they thought Tampa was the worse team they needed to help. By the time any realization happened that the Chiefs weren't the same because of the OL it was to late. So we got what we got...

Totally.

I think the higher ups make decisions on what calls need to be looked for in order to create competitive balance.

Then they pass down instruction to the refs on what to watch for.

That subsequently leads to refs being flag happy with certain teams for certain types of calls.

I think what we're seeing is often times the by-product of purposeful over officiating. Moreso than the league writing scripts, or coaches and players self-sabotaging, or pre-made story lines etc.

TEX 05-11-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15669232)

Yep. Pretty much exactly what I said without reading this post prior.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669209)
Refs have influence over the outcome of games.

That's a "no-shit". That's prevalent in any sport with a ref as the nature of it is subjective in itself. Anytime something is subjective you're going to have errors, inconsistency and outcomes that people disagree with

What's in question is the WHY and HOW.

The problem people like you have is the complete lack of consistency in these views and you can never competently defend them. Like, ever.

I do believe that refs are told to look for certain things in games. They're instructed by higher-ups to watch Team A as they often commit X-type of penalty.

Teams have input on such things. Certain coaches like BB are known for sending tape into league offices complaining about certain teams getting away with certain things.

Several years ago during the Alex Smith era i recall (IIRC, Mike Tomlin) openly complaining about the Chiefs getting away with so many rub-routes. If you think he didn't complain to the league about that before the game, you're kidding yourself.

Steven Nelson, for example, has a league wide reputation for being grabby. So why would anyone be surprised that refs are paying extra close attention to Steven Nelson grabbing onto receivers and getting called for it over and over again?

I do believe that refs are also told to lay off on penalties as well and at times, let players play. We've seen examples of "let them play" in the playoffs on a yearly basis. All of a sudden things that were penalties in the regular season aren't in the playoffs.

During last season's SB run, i made note several times during the playoffs that the Refs were letting the Chiefs DB's play physical and graby. BECAUSE THEY WERE.

Not one off you mother****ers seemed to have noticed or cared.

I even said in teh SB preview thread that the Chiefs should continue letting their DB's get grabby. I SAID that they would get penalized. I SAID that the Chiefs should keep being physical anyway.

So when the game starts and the refs come out with a twitchy trigger finger looking for DPI's, no one should've been surprised.

The refs spent two ****ing weeks studying, and being told that the Chiefs DB's are grabby. Lo and behold, they're getting flagged just like i said they would.

I'm actually very consistent in my views, because it's really quite simple. When the league office wants a game called a certain way, then it is. It's not even really that conspiratorial. New York gets with the refs before these games and tells them what they want called & not called. They're not going out there saying "We want Tampa to win, so call PI." They just steer officials to make calls that will help dictate the results they want to see. The officials, as NFL employees, just do their jobs.

Obviously these guys aren't sitting in a dark room in cloaks, rubbing their hands together and scheming another Tom Brady world championship run.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15669234)
Not real sure, but I can see that you're not open to any of the possibilities other than what you believe... I'll answer your question regardless - IMO, KC did get calls go their way in Super Bowl LIV. The OPI to Kittle right before the half was huge. So was the TD pass that put KC on top for good in the 4th (Did Damien step out before he scored?) and the slap to Jimmy G's helmet when he was sacked in the series before Damien's 4th qtr. TD run that sealed it. So, 49'er fans can argue, and do argue, that Super Bowl LIV was rigged to go KC's way. And I can see where they're coming from. WE had the Super Star QB, not them. We got the big breaks, not them. Get it now?

The OPI to Kittle was text book OPI.

Did Damien step out before he scored? It was so ****ing close that it was ruled inconclusive, call on the field stands. Text book call. It's only controversial if you want it to be. But that was called consistently as to what we've seen all season.

They can argue rigged all they want, but there's no merit to it.

Get it now?

TEX 05-11-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Naw, we lost to the Chargers last game of the season last year. We also lost to the Colts, Texans, Packers and Titans the year before that weren't rigged. So, there's 5 in two years where we lost, that weren't "rigged."

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15669247)
I'm actually very consistent in my views, because it's really quite simple. When the league office wants a game called a certain way, then it is. It's not even really that conspiratorial. New York gets with the refs before these games and tells them what they want called & not called. They're not going out there saying "We want Tampa to win, so call PI." They just steer officials to make calls that will help dictate the results they want to see. The officials, as NFL employees, just do their jobs.

Obviously these guys aren't sitting in a dark room in cloaks, rubbing their hands together and scheming another Tom Brady world championship run.

I guess where we differ here is the "results they want to see" part.

I believe they're seeking the most competitive balance, not trying to dictate winners and be king makers. I believe that they respond to league complaints. Coaching complaints about other teams etc.

Now, someone like BlackOp absolutely believe they're sitting around in a dark room in cloaks scheming another Tom Brady Championship.

That bozo is on record claiming that Andy Reid self sabotages his team and his legacy for the will of the league.

He's made claims that even the players are in on it, and throw the games to lose on purpose to give the league the results they want.

Don't get yourself lumped in with the likes of that kinda stupid.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15668838)
To clarify, you're saying the league steered the Bills game in our favor?

No, but they didn't hinder our entire ability to play press coverage or allow them to mug our receivers.

The point being the Bills game was called evenly while the Bucs were literally going to be gifted that game regardless.

TEX 05-11-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669251)
The OPI to Kittle was text book OPI.

Did Damien step out before he scored? It was so ****ing close that it was ruled inconclusive, call on the field stands. Text book call. It's only controversial if you want it to be. But that was called consistently as to what we've seen all season.

They can argue rigged all they want, but there's no merit to it.

Get it now?

I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not. Also could make the case for illegal contact on Kittle 15 yards before the OPI even happened. (49'er fan pointed that out to me) Also seen very close calls, like Damien's TD get reversed leaving me speechless as to why.

I get that. You don't have to.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15669275)
No, but they didn't hinder our entire ability to play press coverage or allow them to mug our receivers.

The point being the Bills game was called evenly while the Bucs were literally going to be gifted that game regardless.

The Refs allowed the Chiefs to mug the Bills receivers. They mugged the **** out of them.

Funny how that's what you call fair officiating.

There was nothing fair about it. The Chiefs got away with DPI.

Bills fans can sit there and whine about rigged just like some of ya'll do. OF COURSE, to no surprise at all, you see it as fair because the Chiefs won.

ThaVirus 05-11-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Ahhhh, I understand now. You’re saying look at the difference in how those two games were officiated.

On a similar note, I’ve seen a lot of complaining about our Super Bowl 54 win and how the refs never flagged our offensive line for holding, but at least those officials weren’t throwing the flag on either team.

I much prefer the refs stay out of it as much as possible as opposed to the sham one-sided officiating we saw in Super Bowl 55 or the NFC Championship Game.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15669284)
I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not.

Lol, that doesn't make it NOT OPI.

The ****ing dude had full extension of his arm for christ sake.

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15669284)
I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not. Also could make the case for illegal contact on Kittle 15 yards before the OPI even happened. (49'er fan pointed that out to me) Also seen very close calls, like Damien's TD get reversed leaving me speechless as to why.

I get that. You don't have to.

You're making the argument to me that it was rigged because the Refs called the game the way it shoulda been called?

That's a new one.

mkp785 05-11-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

I agree that most fans think the NFL is against their team. Hell, the cheatriots think that BS and they won 6 rings. It's still funny seeing fans say that here-when we just won a freaking chip the year before. Blackop especially is 1 of a kind and can't keep his own wackjob conspiracy theories straight.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669293)
The Refs allowed the Chiefs to mug the Bills receivers. They mugged the **** out of them.

Funny how that's what you call fair officiating.

There was nothing fair about it. The Chiefs got away with DPI.

Bills fans can sit there and whine about rigged just like some of ya'll do. OF COURSE, to no surprise at all, you see it as fair because the Chiefs won.

The game was called the same on both sides against the Bills.

The Bucs game was a ****ing disaster of a fraud.

mkp785 05-11-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

In retrospect it's pretty much a given that we were man handling the Bills WRs. I think that Romo even made a comment or 2 during the game. Fair game according to you. Bucs game=completely rigged and decided on weeks in advance of course...?

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15669330)

The Bucs game was a ****ing disaster of a fraud.

Here's a Bills fan that thinks that game was rigged.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IcMGSKRUPdo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:51 AM

Another stupid ****ing Bills fan that thinks the AFCCG was rigged:

Quote:

RECORD: 5/5 ATS. 1/3 ML picks. Check history and previous write ups. 4/4 ATS on write ups on NFL.

Yes, I know my posts are outrageous and I sound crazy.

If I lose this one, I won't go silent, I'll be on here and I'll admit what I posted about Mahomes fake concussion was crazy and will admit I got fooled and I'll take it all on the chin. For this game I almost got suckered into taking the Bills, but the Mahomes fake concussion saved me from making a terrible bet on the Bills.

OK here goes.

I want Buffalo to win (I think if this was not rigged and they played for real and refs don't interfere, they are the better team) and thought it was going to be Bills vs Browns AFC Championship. But since it's KC, NFL not going to let them pass.

My bet will be

KC -3

( will hedge a tad with KC to win by exactly 1-6 points and bet KC in play at evens or as a dog if Buffalo leads) When Bills lead, you can probably get Chiefs as a dog on live bet, I suggest you take it. This can be an erratic game back and forth with many lead changes one possession whoever has the ball last type of game. Books very stingy on KC money won't be surprised if they exactly win by exactly 3. Possible overtime game too. But they WILL WIN (That's why I will add on live bet if I see anything better than -3)

Books will try to recover their loss on Chiefs on live in play bet. **** THEY WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE BUFFALO IS ABOUT TO WIN OR HAS A CHANCE TO WIN, THEN MAHOMES MAKES A COMEBACK. THIS WILL BE A VERY STRESSFUL GAME FOR CHIEFS BACKERS BUT THEY SHOULD EVENTUALLY COME THROUGH.

Mahomes like it or not is a bit overrated. He's very good but he's not the best and not above the elite qbs yet like Rodgers or Brady like people are saying. People are saying he's the best qb in the league now, but that's not true. So in that sense, he is overrated. Not saying he's bad, but the reason he looks good is because of the genius of Andy Reid's schemes and his playmakers at skill position. Buffalo has a better defense. The lines reflect that. Vegas respects Buffalo with this line. But this is the spot where you shouldn't be sharp or try to be sharp.

If you try to be sharp you will find that BUFFALO IS THE BETTER TEAM. JOSH ALLEN IS THE BETTER QB. THIS IS ACTUALLY TRUE. BUT UNFORTUNATELY NFL IS GOING TO LET MAHOMES AND CHIEFS WIN and go back to the SB for a chance to repeat. Useless to get into analytics and stats. Those go out the window for this one. The useful numbers you should look at are :

Josh Allen 400k followers on IG. Mahomes 4.1 million. Nobody outside of football fans really knows who Josh Allen is. Who do you think the rigged NFL going to let advance to the big game?

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:54 AM

Ya'll mother****ers aren't special, independent thinkers. You're a dime a dozen. And EVERY fan base has them. And every time their team loses, it's because rigged.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2021 11:57 AM

Games aren't rigged, but they are ABSOLUTELY steered towards a certain result. If you don't see that, you have your head up your ass.

Rausch 05-11-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669357)
Ya'll mother****ers aren't special, independent thinkers. You're a dime a dozen. And EVERY fan base has them. And every time their team loses, it's because rigged.

I would think propping up the young Mahomes would be more what the NFL would want if it were rigging things. Jeebus, after the black QB segments and black history lead in...

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15669370)
Games aren't rigged, but they are ABSOLUTELY steered towards a certain result. If you don't see that, you have your head up your ass.

So the SB was steered towards a blowout?

What does the NFL gain from having their most watched, prized game turn into a complete dud?

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15669371)
I would think propping up the young Mahomes would be more what the NFL would want if it were rigging things. Jeebus, after the black QB segments and black history lead in...

If the NFL could have their choice of storylines you can bet your ass it woulda been Mahomes vs Rodgers in the SB.

Mennonite 05-11-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669377)
If the NFL could have their choice of storylines you can bet your ass it woulda been Mahomes vs Rodgers in the SB.

No matter what the match-up the NFL will create a story. It's just good business.

RaidersOftheCellar 05-11-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15668987)

For starters, I’m not saying it happens consistently. I think it seems to happen most when TV contracts are up for renewal.

But I don’t think they were too concerned about everyone tuning out because the Chiefs were down a few scores. Every NFL fan knows that Mahomes digs out of holes like that every other game. Hell, there were probably more people who tuned in when they found out KC was in danger of losing than those who tuned out.

RaidersOftheCellar 05-11-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669377)

For whatever reasons (probably many), Brady gets the calls. At an insanely disproportionate and suspicious level. Can we at least admit this?

I’d think they’d have favored the State Farm Bowl too, but its hard to go wrong with the “GOAT vs future GOAT” storyline. It’s becoming a pretty good rivalry. They might want to milk as much as possible out of it til Brady hangs it up.

And I’m not saying they were planning ahead, but imagine the ratings for a grudge match next season.

Mennonite 05-11-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15669399)
For whatever reasons (probably many), Brady gets the calls. At an insanely disproportionate and suspicious level. Can we at least admit this?

Brady being a bundle of sticks is the one thing that all (non TB/Pats) fans can agree on.

TEX 05-11-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669298)
Lol, that doesn't make it NOT OPI.

The ****ing dude had full extension of his arm for christ sake.

In the context of the play, it sure does... IF you go back and watch it, you'll see that Sorenson grabbed Kittle's arm 10 yards before the ball got there. The only reason why Kittle "pushed off" was because his arm was being held. It was tick-tacky and IMO a break for KC. That's what I meant when I said I've seen many, just like it, not get called.

Again, I was clearly on your side before my cousin, who is a 49'ers fan, pointed it out to me. But, you're on a roll - and nobody seems to be able to tell you anything today, so process it however you want.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...-super-bowl-54

ToxSocks 05-11-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15669421)
In the context of the play, it sure does... IF you go back and watch it, you'll see that Sorenson grabbed Kittle's arm 10 yards before the ball got there. The only reason why Kittle "pushed off" was because his arm was being held. It was tick-tacky and IMO a break for KC. That's what I meant when I said I've seen many, just like it, not get called.

Again, I was clearly on your side before my cousin, who is a 49'ers fan, pointed it out to me. But, you're on a roll - and nobody seems to be able to tell you anything today, so process it however you want.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...-super-bowl-54

All that matters is what the ref saw. And the ref saw an extended arm and that's OPI.

Mile High Mania 05-11-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15669330)

Ha... sounds familiar, I've used that line around here before too.

TEX 05-11-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15669429)
All that matters is what the ref saw. And the ref saw an extended arm and that's OPI.

Yep. You're correct.
BUT then, in the context of what's been discussed today regarding how games are affected / pushed by the refs/league; Once can ask - What he saw, or what he chose to see? Maybe the refs were instructed to call OPI that day? Who knows? My point is that after I really took a look at the paly again, IMO KC got a huge break, which helped them go on to win the Super Bowl.

You and I just see things differently, and I have no problem with that. You're right far more times than I am around here anyway.

TEX 05-11-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15669464)
Ha... sounds familiar, I've used that line around here before too.

Yea, but you're a Mule Tool, so it doesn't count. ;)

Mennonite 05-11-2021 01:16 PM

I think a lot of the "rigged!" conspiracy talk would be eliminated if the officiating in the NFL wasn't complete shit.

TEX 05-11-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15669510)
I think a lot of the "rigged!" conspiracy talk would be eliminated if the officiating in the NFL wasn't complete shit.

You might be right. At least be consistent.

comochiefsfan 05-11-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Of course it would.

The NFL is constantly fueling the fire by refusing to allow any transparency with the officiating process.

WarChiefs89 05-11-2021 02:05 PM

I view the system the NFL and its referees use as a pendulum. The pendulum swings based on previous games, star players, and even season-to-season rule changes.

EXAMPLE #1: You don't think the NFL was watching the Bills/Chiefs AFCC game? Chiefs were very physical on the back end. Romo mentions it on nat'l television. The result? The next officiating crew starts looking for holding and illegal contact in the secondary and more flags get thrown. When you have been reminded that a team is physical and are looking for it, you see it more (both real and phantom penalties).

EXAMPLE #2: NFL sees QB's getting hurt too much over the last couple of years... fans love offense and high scoring games? Fast forward to 2020... holding penalties down 50% for the season.

I don't think the NFL is rigged or even trying to alter the outcome of games usually. But it happens because you have humans doing it who can be influenced by storylines, underdogs, star players, NFL memos, etc.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Would also help if that 'shitty' officiating didn't coincidently seem to benefit certain players and organizations over and over again.