ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Black QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325141)

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14798308)
Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith (before his leg exploded), and Matt Stafford are all effective scrambling QBs. With the exception of Josh Allen, you might not call them "electric" but they definitely make plays with their feet.

Alex Smith in particular ran like a goddamn gazelle. It's the one part of his game that I really really admired.

Being effective is a lot different than....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BBrcmMYRjSs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798203)
A black QB won the SB, a black QB won the MVP and a black QB came in second. And when the players do their top 100 players for 2019, who can be ahead of Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson?

I do put this gang....

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Watson
Prescott

above

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Cousins
Wentz

Not historically but 2020.

Next season we could have.....

the five I mentioned

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Kyler Murray
Teddy Bridgewater somewhere
Brissett
Haskins

A third of the league, gotta be a record.

Last time I looked Wilson and Patrick were mixed race

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

MANY MANY years ago, SI ran a story about why black athletes run and jump better than other racial groups. The picture that headlined the story was Spud Webb winning the dunk competition.

The story attributed it to Africans averaging a muscular insertion point significantly farther from the joint than most other groups (thus increasing torque around a lever). Even almost 30 years ago that story got bombed by the PC police for being racist.

However, anyone that's played pickup basketball knows that black guys generally run the floor faster than white guys. It's not always true. But, if a team of black guys confront a team of white guys in a pickup game, I'll guarantee you the black guys are going make the white guys prove they can run with them.

Would be nice to discuss this without someone screaming racism.

banecat 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 14798352)
If you have been in America for more than 5-6 generations. You're a mutt, if you like it or not

This. I've met only like two or three other people that aren't all of European Descent, and a lot of Americans have at least some Native American blood in them if we're just talking about the whites. And one of those was an actual Hatfield. Unless you have nothing but blonde or red hair, and only blue or green eyes, you have either African, or Asian DNA. And with less than five percent of the planet just having true blond or red hair and the same amount being with green or blue eyes, and not all of them overlapping, very few people are white white, and I don't really care, and so I'm not looking that shit up

banecat 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798374)

Boom

Mennonite 02-16-2020 01:31 PM

I'm starting to think this guy wants bbc even more than Prison Bitch.

scho63 02-16-2020 01:32 PM

Jimmy the Greek approves of this thread. :LOL:

banecat 02-16-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14798361)
Aaron Rodgers is another one (before he got old). He's the guy that I always felt was most similar to Mahomes. Really good scrambling ability mixed with insane arm talent.

And accuracy, and he's short for a QB. I think that he's barely over six feet tall. He still showed that he has most of that arm left against San Fran in the NFCCG

banecat 02-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14798384)
Jimmy the Greek approves of this thread. :LOL:

That dude was so entertaining, but most people with mob ties are

DRM08 02-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Prescott and Murray as well.

Easy 6 02-16-2020 01:35 PM

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out the successes of black QB's, but it always feels like theres another angle to these discussions with you, Ubeja...

banecat 02-16-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798393)
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out the successes of black QB's, but it always feels like theres another angle to these discussions with you, Ubeja...

It does have that separate but equal feel to it all

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

So this is bogus?

Year of the black quarterback!
September 11, 2019 - by Larry Fitzgerald

Glendale, AZ — NFL year 100 is off to a great start for everyone except Collin Kaepernick. The season opens with more black quarterbacks starting than ever: Arizona’s Kyler Murray, Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Carolina’s Cam Newton, Dallas’ Dak Prescott, Houston’s Deshawn Watson, Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes, Seattle’s Russell Wilson, Indianapolis’ Jacoby Brissett and Tampa Bay’s Jameis Winston.

That’s nine black starters among 32 NFL teams and cities, making 2019 the year of the black quarterback.

Mahomes is the NFL MVP. Wilson has won a Super Bowl before and led his team, Seattle, to two Super Bowls. Newton has also led his team, Carolina, to the Super Bowl. If we could just get Kaepernick a job, we would have three quarterbacks with previous Super Bowl experience.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798403)
So this is bogus?

Year of the black quarterback!
September 11, 2019 - by Larry Fitzgerald

Glendale, AZ — NFL year 100 is off to a great start for everyone except Collin Kaepernick. The season opens with more black quarterbacks starting than ever: Arizona’s Kyler Murray, Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Carolina’s Cam Newton, Dallas’ Dak Prescott, Houston’s Deshawn Watson, Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes, Seattle’s Russell Wilson, Indianapolis’ Jacoby Brissett and Tampa Bay’s Jameis Winston.

That’s nine black starters among 32 NFL teams and cities, making 2019 the year of the black quarterback.

Mahomes is the NFL MVP. Wilson has won a Super Bowl before and led his team, Seattle, to two Super Bowls. Newton has also led his team, Carolina, to the Super Bowl. If we could just get Kaepernick a job, we would have three quarterbacks with previous Super Bowl experience.

Yes it’s common sense, Patrick Dad is Black and his mom is white. That equals mixed race.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798355)
What is dicey about 100% of the cornerbacks in the NFL have roots to western Africa as do 98% of the starting running backs.

You didn’t read or understand my reply.