ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

splatbass 12-10-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12609990)
You must have loved the Vermiel years. MOAR OFFENSE!
DEFENSE? = ZERO ****S GIVEN

I'm sure he loved losing the puntless playoff game. That's his kind of football. Fantasy points style.

TripleThreat 12-10-2016 01:00 AM

Wtf? Andy reid is a great head coach

Reerun_KC 12-10-2016 01:04 AM

I thought his challenge in the first half was brilliant last night.

Reerun_KC 12-10-2016 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 12610004)
Wtf? Andy reid is a great head coach

Even better OC and QB guru...

splatbass 12-10-2016 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12610006)
I thought his challenge in the first half was brilliant last night.

Did it cost us the game? No? Every coach fails on challenges sometimes. Not that big a deal. You remember that we won? THAT is the big deal.

You have weird priorities.

splatbass 12-10-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12610007)

His W/L record speaks for itself.

Mav 12-10-2016 05:03 AM

People really believe he's a bad head coach? [emoji23]

milkman 12-10-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 12610072)
People really believe he's a bad head coach? [emoji23]

He isn't a bad HC.
He, in fact, might be a top 20 coach all time.

But he has issues.

Winning is great, but most of us who aren't complete dumbasses are concerned that those issues will bite this team in the ass in the playoffs.

GloryDayz 12-10-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610003)
I'm sure he loved losing the puntless playoff game. That's his kind of football. Fantasy points style.

Balance would be nice..

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610008)
Did it cost us the game? No? Every coach fails on challenges sometimes. Not that big a deal. You remember that we won? THAT is the big deal.

You have weird priorities.

Come on now. You know it isn't that simple. It's possible to want Andy to improve certain things and still enjoy wins.

Andy has great attributes. His players work hard and don't give up. His staff develops players. He has stretches of scripted plays which are beautiful. He finds ways to have success.

However, he hasn't won the elite games in his career and I think it's in part because he struggles with certain details that matter against the best teams and best coaches.

He doesn't use his timeouts efficiently. This has been discussed to death and everyone is aware.

His challenges, and the times he doesn't challenge, are bad. Thursday was another example. There was no reason to challenge that. With how bad the refs are, having two challenges is important. You don't just toss them away.

Red zone play calling. He gets way too cute and it's played itself out this year in the results.

There is a reason our offense is inconsistent and Andy is a big reason. I like him as our coach. But he has major flaws and the frustrating part is he has verbally shown that he is in denial about a number of them. He at least admits the red zone sucks but continues with the same mistakes. However he will fight people to the death with irrational responses defending his game and clock management.

Sometimes he explains himself and he doesn't even describe the scenario or correct play which makes you wonder even more. He should have delegated some of this and he hasn't and won't.

He has been great for the franchise, but that doesn't mean you have to stick your head in the sand. Ignoring flaws because of wins isn't a great way of improving. There is a reason a lot of coaches believe on being harder on their players after wins.

splatbass 12-10-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12610363)
Come on now. You know it isn't that simple. It's possible to want Andy to improve certain things and still enjoy wins.

Andy has great attributes. His players work hard and don't give up. His staff develops players. He has stretches of scripted plays which are beautiful. He finds ways to have success.

However, he hasn't won the elite games in his career and I think it's in part because he struggles with certain details that matter against the best teams and best coaches.

He doesn't use his timeouts efficiently. This has been discussed to death and everyone is aware.

His challenges, and the times he doesn't challenge, are bad. Thursday was another example. There was no reason to challenge that. With how bad the refs are, having two challenges is important. You don't just toss them away.

Red zone play calling. He gets way too cute and it's played itself out this year in the results.

There is a reason our offense is inconsistent and Andy is a big reason. I like him as our coach. But he has major flaws and the frustrating part is he has verbally shown that he is in denial about a number of them. He at least admits the red zone sucks but continues with the same mistakes. However he will fight people to the death with irrational responses defending his game and clock management.

Sometimes he explains himself and he doesn't even describe the scenario or correct play which makes you wonder even more. He should have delegated some of this and he hasn't and won't.

He has been great for the franchise, but that doesn't mean you have to stick your head in the sand. Ignoring flaws because of wins isn't a great way of improving. There is a reason a lot of coaches believe on being harder on their players after wins.

Some of the complaints here are akin to watching a race car driver win a race then saying "but did you see that scratch on the quarter panel? He's a terrible race car driver!".

TripleThreat 12-10-2016 12:31 PM

It's completely fine to say the areas that Andy reid could improve on.. but for anyone to say those needed areas of improvement make him a bad head coach, just doesn't make sense to me. Compare him to any of the other head coaches and he's top 5 in the nfl. Doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on, but again, that doesn't make him bad, hes still a great head coach and we are lucky. Eagles must be kicking themselves, look what had happneed with kelley, and now chip is in sf looking like crap.

carlos3652 12-10-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12610363)

This is a great post --- +1

There isn't a coach in the league that is perfect, there is no team in the league that is perfect. This team just wins. So while he can get better, he was good enough to lead his team to 21-4 in the past 25 games...

BUT the people that complain and ask to fire and hire a better coach are stupid. There is no one better over the past 25 games.. and Andy has not lost in this division this year... and won 8 in a row... he will consistently give you a chance.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610382)
Some of the complaints here are akin to watching a race car driver win a race then saying "but did you see that scratch on the quarter panel? He's a terrible race car driver!".

Again, never said he was terrible. Your analogy implies that Andy's decisions don't have an impact on the future. This isn't about wanting pretty wins, and you are smart enough to realize that.

A more accurate analogy would be a driver winning despite the crew chief using two ties instead of four and winning because the best drivers who would have taken advantage were stuck in traffic.

Being concerned that this will bite Andy down the road isn't crazy. It's happened to him time and again. Happened to him in Philly in the nfccg a number of times and happened to him in the sb. Even his ex players have talked about how much it hurt them.

And that's Andy really. A very good coach who gets his team to play important games and I recognize and appreciate that. But wanting to win it all and being concerned that this is an issue isn't crazy. It isn't being ungrateful. And it sure isn't about the wins not being pretty. It's about realizing that down the line these mistakes tend to matter.

The chiefs time management in the ne playoff game in the 4th quarter last year was an example of this. Andy's defense of it afterwards another. These aren't paint scratches, they are in race decisions making it difficult to beat good teams in the important races.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12610411)
Again, never said he was terrible. Your analogy implies that Andy's decisions don't have an impact on the future. This isn't about wanting pretty wins, and you are smart enough to realize that.

A more accurate analogy would be a driver winning despite the crew chief using two ties instead of four and winning because the best drivers who would have taken advantage were stuck in traffic.

Being concerned that this will bite Andy down the road isn't crazy. It's happened to him time and again. Happened to him in Philly in the nfccg a number of times and happened to him in the sb. Even his ex players have talked about how much it hurt them.

And that's Andy really. A very good coach who gets his team to play important games and I recognize and appreciate that. But wanting to win it all and being concerned that this is an issue isn't crazy. It isn't being ungrateful. And it sure isn't about the wins not being pretty. It's about realizing that down the line these mistakes tend to matter.

The chiefs time management in the ne playoff game in the 4th quarter last year was an example of this. Andy's defense of it afterwards another. These aren't paint scratches, they are in race decisions making it difficult to beat good teams in the important races.

No sir. Andy Reid wears the colors of the Kansas City Chiefs now ergo, all of the consistent issues that have plagued him and his past teams no longer apply.

If you can not accept this reasoning,then you sir are no real fan of the team, and should probably stop watching football altogether.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12610432)
No sir. Andy Reid wears the colors of the Kansas City Chiefs now ergo, all of the consistent issues that have plagued him and his past teams no longer apply.

If you can not accept this reasoning,then you sir are no real fan of the team, and should probably stop watching football altogether.

It's not that I don't think "a win is a win" has some merit on this site and some people aren't enjoying the ride. But in this case, it absolutely is a concern and something that is a real factor in how far we go. There is a ton of history with Reid being bit by these issues. Again, it is possible to enjoy winning and still want to see things improve for the playoff games to come.

splatbass 12-10-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12610432)

I recognize that there are issues, I just don't think any of them are that important.

Now if you could ever realize the Chiefs are good or have any positive feelings about them at all... I know it is impossible.

stevieray 12-10-2016 09:16 PM

...silly and a waste of time.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12611047)
I recognize that there are issues, I just don't think any of them are that important.

Now if you could ever realize the Chiefs are good or have any positive feelings about them at all... I know it is impossible.

Well that's something different altogether. You don't think game and clock management are important?

splatbass 12-10-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12611096)
Well that's something different altogether. You don't think game and clock management are important?

Even Belicheck screws up clock management sometimes.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12611101)

More than just sometimes.

His game management was absolutely horrible in the AFCCG last year.

He cost them them a Super Bowl appearance.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12611101)

That doesn't mean that Andy isn't worse at it. Even brady throws ints. That isn't an excuse for Blaine gabberts ints. I'm not likening Blaine to Andy but the point is that just because the best even makes mistakes doesn't mean others can't be held accountable for their poor efforts, or in this case, raise legitimate concerns.

And the times bb has it has cost him. Overall his game and clock management has helped him. Just last year in the ne game kc hurt itself with game and clock management while ne didn't.

Just because every coach has made poor decisions doesn't mean Andy isn't especially bad at it. Even more so considering his experience. More than anything his inability to even realize after the fact that it was wrong is concerning.

The good news on the game management front is that he has made some good calls in big spots.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12611110)
That doesn't mean that Andy isn't worse at it. Even brady throws ints. That isn't an excuse for Blaine gabberts ints. I'm not likening Blaine to Andy but the point is that just because the best even makes mistakes doesn't mean others can't be held accountable for their poor efforts, or in this case, raise legitimate concerns.

And the times bb has it has cost him. Overall his game and clock management has helped him. Just last year in the ne game kc hurt itself with game and clock management while ne didn't.

Just because every coach has made poor decisions doesn't mean Andy isn't especially bad at it. Even more so considering his experience. More than anything his inability to even realize after the fact that it was wrong is concerning.

The good news on the game management front is that he has made some good calls in big spots.

Short answer, they all **** up.

I'm certain that Tom Brady would cover Andy's mistakes, too.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12611112)
Short answer, they all **** up.

I'm certain that Tom Brady would cover Andy's mistakes, too.

Sure, but we don't have him which leaves the issue a factor. And Brady or not, Bill has made numerous great clock decisions over the years. I'm not ok with everyone screws up. That's not an attitude to correct mistakes. For his experience, his in game management and clock use should be better. Just because everyone makes mistakes doesn't mean they are all level. Reid has cost himself many times and it's something to keep an eye on and be concerned about.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12611117)
Sure, but we don't have him which leaves the issue a factor. And Brady or not, Bill has made numerous great clock decisions over the years. I'm not ok with everyone screws up. That's not an attitude to correct mistakes. For his experience, his in game management and clock use should be better. Just because everyone makes mistakes doesn't mean they are all level. Reid has cost himself many times and it's something to keep an eye on and be concerned about.

Eh, no one is perfect, especially under pressure.

Mr. Laz 12-10-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12610007)

Reid is a far,far better Head Coach than he is an OC and QB Coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12610985)
It's not that I don't think "a win is a win" has some merit on this site and some people aren't enjoying the ride. But in this case, it absolutely is a concern and something that is a real factor in how far we go. There is a ton of history with Reid being bit by these issues. Again, it is possible to enjoy winning and still want to see things improve for the playoff games to come.

You are 1000% correct in all respects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12611047)

Yeah...they're kind of important. Especially as the regular season winds down.

In any event, I have given your post thoughtful reflection, and respond with the following:

Reid doesn't irritate the hell out of me as he does some others. If Andy Reid could somehow transfigure a mere third of his Head Coach ability in to game day coaching, he would be the greatest coach in the AFC if not the league itself. If he could manage to relinquish his ego and power to a top-tier O-coord, the Chiefs would be the best team in the AFC every season, without exception.

John Dorsey is hands-down the best Chiefs GM in my lifetime, and could possibly be the best in the history of the franchise given enough time. Not since Lamar Hunt, Hank Stram, and Jack Steadman spent due diligence mining small collages for talent and receiving huge dividends for their efforts has such a level of professionalism and effectiveness occupied that office.

That's the good.

Alas, the sad news is that there can never be any joy with Alex Smith football. Ever. Watching Smith run an offense makes me wish to eat my own shit and drink my own piss as a more pleasing alternative; it is truly that horrid.

Watching Alex "all he does is win" Smith win just enough to crush your guts to a jello-like pulp at the end of the year is an activity I absolutely refuse to take part in.
And you can bank that end-result today, tomorrow, and for as long as he wears a Chiefs uniform, for the 11th Commandment of modern NFL Football has been etched in a stone tablet by the finger of God Himself:

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Hell, Smith should make the discerning fan WISH for Trent Dilfer; at least in that scenario, there might actually be a slim chance of circumventing the will of the Almighty.

Which is better than none.

threebag 12-10-2016 10:56 PM

Hopefully the winning continues for a few more years. It feels good compared to what we were before Andy and Alex and John.

threebag 12-10-2016 10:57 PM

Maybe the Browns are more your speed Dag

splatbass 12-10-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12611169)
Maybe the Browns are more your speed Dag

Well, they do draft 1st round QBs a lot.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12611125)
Eh, no one is perfect, especially under pressure.

I suspect you are taking me for a ride this evening.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12611167)
Hopefully the winning continues for a few more years. It feels good compared to what we were before Andy and Alex and John.

It's definitely miles beyond the last pathetic quarter of Carl's tenure or the Peeholi Experience though I would argue that at least as far as Planet discussion goes, those times of shitty football produced the most epic threads, rants, debates, and wars of butt-hurt in the entire history of the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12611169)
Maybe I should blow Tigger's uncle?

LMAO FYP.

Dick.

Baby Lee 12-10-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12611151)
You are 1000% correct in all respects.

Yeah...they're kind of important. Especially as the regular season winds down.

In any event, I have given your post thoughtful reflection, and respond with the following:

Reid doesn't irritate the hell out of me as he does some others. If Andy Reid could somehow transfigure a mere third of his Head Coach ability in to game day coaching, he would be the greatest coach in the AFC if not the league itself. If he could manage to relinquish his ego and power to a top-tier O-coord, the Chiefs would be the best team in the AFC every season, without exception.

John Dorsey is hands-down the best Chiefs GM in my lifetime, and could possibly be the best in the history of the franchise given enough time. Not since Lamar Hunt, Hank Stram, and Jack Steadman spent due diligence mining small collages for talent and receiving huge dividends for their efforts has such a level of professionalism and effectiveness occupied that office.

That's the good.

Alas, the sad news is that there can never be any joy with Alex Smith football. Ever. Watching Smith run an offense makes me wish to eat my own shit and drink my own piss as a more pleasing alternative; it is truly that horrid.

Watching Alex "all he does is win" Smith win just enough to crush your guts to a jello-like pulp at the end of the year is an activity I absolutely refuse to take part in.
And you can bank that end-result today, tomorrow, and for as long as he wears a Chiefs uniform, for the 11th Commandment of modern NFL Football has been etched in a stone tablet by the finger of God Himself:

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Hell, Smith should make the discerning fan WISH for Trent Dilfer; at least in that scenario, there might actually be a slim chance of circumventing the will of the Almighty.

Lot of work for something your aren't invested in.

You're that little boy who punched the icky girls and pulled their hair at recess to 'get their attention.'

splatbass 12-10-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12611151)

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Alex Smith is a LOT better than Trent Dilfer, and it isn't even close. Nor is it even debatable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12611209)
Lot of work for something your aren't invested in.

All apologies, sir! I'll return to one-sentence trollery immediately!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160622191201

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12611226)
Alex Smith is a LOT better than Trent Dilfer, and it isn't even close. Nor is it even debatable.

Not really the point, but...:shrug:

Baby Lee 12-10-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12611243)
All apologies, sir! I'll return to one-sentence trollery immediately!

Like, whatever dude. I don't even give a care anyways. Like, who would care? Not me. I'm beyond caring. Doesn't bother me in the least. Matter of fact, it's funny that you think I care. That's what I'm laughing at. . . . Hahahahahaha. Oh, such mirth at your twisted idea that I give a freakin' care in the least.

Hahaha.

Eleazar 12-11-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12611167)

It felt good until the end of the Colts playoff game, too. (Any of them)

Eleazar 12-11-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12608247)

Didn't see the game? You should catch the replay. Alex left all our toes curled.

Baby Lee 12-11-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claynus (Post 12611292)
Didn't see the game? You should catch the replay. Alex left all our toes curled.

You lay no claim whatsoever to plural pronouns where the Chiefs and Chiefs fans are concerned, Claynus.

splatbass 12-11-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12611286)
It felt good until the end of the Colts playoff game, too. (Any of them)

Playoff losses hurt, so we should never enjoy a winning season? You are still a grade A ****ing idiot Clay.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2016 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12611255)
Like, whatever dude. I don't even give a care anyways. Like, who would care? Not me. I'm beyond caring. Doesn't bother me in the least. Matter of fact, it's funny that you think I care. That's what I'm laughing at. . . . Hahahahahaha. Oh, such mirth at your twisted idea that I give a freakin' care in the least.

Hahaha.

You may think of me as the "caring" interrogator droid, assigned to peel from your bones the fleshly lies of comfort you have deluded yourself with scream by glorious scream...

Baby Lee 12-11-2016 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12611380)
You may think of me as the "caring" interrogator droid, assigned to peel from your bones the fleshly lies of comfort you have deluded yourself with scream by glorious scream...

Soooo, a maggot.

Dagmaggot. I like it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12611382)
Soooo, a maggot.

Dagmaggot. I like it.

If it pleases thee...

TigeRRUppeRRcut 12-11-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12611382)
Soooo, a maggot.

Dagmaggot. I like it.

It is decided
https://media.giphy.com/media/TlK63E...UtZ6/giphy.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12611528)
It is decided

A) The only thing in life "decided" by you around these parts is which uncle, cousin, or busboy/dishwasher at the family reunion gets the annual "Tigger Treatment" in the bathroom stall.

B) "Maggot" is a perfectly chosen descriptor for ANYTHING Alex Smith-related. The possibilities are endless.

I'll start:

"Contract extension firmly in hand, Alex Smith nestled in to the bloated corpse of the post-season dreams of Lil' Chiefy's the world over to begin the long, arduous process of eating away any possibility whatsoever of a Super Bowl appearance and Vince Lombardi trophy".

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 03:05 PM

**** Andy Reid!

Marcellus 12-18-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12626363)
**** Andy Reid!

No surprise from you.

You are going to win more games with Reid than you lose. Deal with it.

Reerun_KC 12-18-2016 03:12 PM

I love Andy Reid now. I used to hate him. But now? It's all love. Thanks you big time out buffet buddy.

OctoberFart 12-18-2016 03:13 PM

Lol

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12626513)
No surprise from you.

You are going to win more games with Reid than you lose. Deal with it.

I would expect that's all you'd have after watching what you just watched...

Titty Meat 12-18-2016 03:21 PM

Thread is still stupid.

jjchieffan 12-18-2016 03:22 PM

Hard to defend FatAndy today. He stunk up the joint and cost us the game no doubt.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-18-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12626561)
I would expect that's all you'd have after watching what you just watched...

Tell me of today's abortion; spare no details!

I hear tell the Chiefs D created THREE turnovers today and yet....no victory?

Oh LAWDY-LAWD-LAWD!

LMAO

New World Order 12-18-2016 03:45 PM

I loved the bootleg option or whatever that was on third down.

We looked like the 95 Huskers out there!

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 04:12 PM

Trivers swallows more Reid sperm... LMAO

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12626878)
Tell me of today's abortion; spare no details!

I hear tell the Chiefs D created THREE turnovers today and yet....no victory?

Oh LAWDY-LAWD-LAWD!

LMAO

Yeah, the D tried, but Andy and the Alex found a way to lose... Nothing overcomes an Andy-run offense....

Trivers 12-18-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12627062)
Trivers swallows more Reid sperm... LMAO

Nah, I'm just not being a drama queen over-reacting to a loss to an inferior team.

But please, don't stop posting silly stuff. Good comedy.

We won the last two critical games. And we should win on the 25th.

Easy 6 12-18-2016 04:27 PM

I'm not here to excuse Reid altogether, but havent we all seen worse?

For instance, he didnt get cute on the stuffed 3rd and 4th downs goal to go... no, he said we're at home and we're gonna pound it down their suckhole for 7

Instead, the offense shat the bed... its easy enough to say "take the 3", but again... we're at home, pound your stud back in there and show some dominance

I'm not gonna ride his ass for that, and just in general he stuck with the run a lot better than usual today

Now if you wanna talk about too many shitass receiver screens and ignoring Kelce in critical situations... I'm down for that dogpile

But lets NOT act like the playcalls were the biggest reason for todays abortion

carcosa 12-18-2016 04:30 PM

He sucks

carcosa 12-18-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627134)

For instance, he didnt get cute on the stuffed 3rd and 4th downs goal to go... no, he said we're at home and we're gonna pound it down their suckhole for 7

Instead, the offense shat the bed... its easy enough to say "take the 3", but again... we're at home, pound your stud back in there and show some dominance

I'm not gonna ride his ass for that, and just in general he stuck with the run a lot better than usual today

Now if you wanna talk about too many shitass receiver screens and ignoring Kelce in critical situations... I'm down for that dogpile

Tyreek only getting one touch all game should be punishable by death

BryanBusby 12-18-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12626667)
Thread is still stupid.

God I can't believe that I am about to agree with billay, but I agree. This thread is stupid.

Easy 6 12-18-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12627142)
He sucks

When you cant punch it in from the 1 with 2 tries... dont blame the coach

When you cant pick up 3 yards to ice the game... dont blame the coach

Easy 6 12-18-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12627144)

Wont argue against that, but again... multiple other plays were there to be made, and no one made them

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627134)

That's how the Hunts manage their football portfolio. Not about getting to, and winning, SBs, but something else short of that. And pocketing the profits...

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12627144)

Andy will wake up from a buffet-hangover on Tuesday, after a new stint is placed, and agree that he might have needed to give him the ball at least twice.

KChiefs1 12-18-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627153)

This OL can't move anything.

I know some blame Ware but when you run into a wall every time it's on the OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12627328)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people don't know football at that level, or know how coaching can assist with the realities of your O-line being smaller and weaker than other O-lines.

But hey, we have a team... That fact alone, in the eyes of some, are reasons to not worry about 47 years.

Easy 6 12-18-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12627328)

I dont blame Ware at all, he might be a hard charging 230... but he cant outmuscle 260 - 310 pounders

Someone has to get in their damn way for him

Easy 6 12-18-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12627255)
That's how the Hunts manage their football portfolio. Not about getting to, and winning, SBs, but something else short of that. And pocketing the profits...

Clark Hunt went out and got the so-called "GM of the Decade" in first try at this

In his second try... he went out and got a proven winner at head coach, and paired him with a top 3 GM

Please dont go there with me, because I dont buy one single word of it... Clark has bent over backwards to bring a winner to KC

Trivers 12-18-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627366)
Clark Hunt went out and got the so-called "GM of the Decade" in first try at this

In his second try... he went out and got a proven winner at head coach, and paired him with a top 3 GM

Please dont go there with me, because I dont buy one single word of it... Clark has bent over backwards to bring a winner to KC

You are wasting electronic ink trying to convince him otherwise.

Baby Lee 12-18-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12627255)

That is the biggest hunk of Claynus fellated bullshit.

It's disgusting to read someone who considers himself a fan even say it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-18-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12627400)
I am offended that anyone be offended by the lather, rinse, repeat shortcomings of ReidSmith football.

Alka Seltzer? Usually made me feel better after ingesting a rotgut stomach full of "great performances" in the midst of winning seasons.

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627366)

His documented frustration supports your position. Oh, wait... **** Clark Hunt for "caring" quietly.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Easy 6 12-18-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12627516)
His documented frustration supports your position. Oh, wait... **** Clark Hunt for "caring" quietly.

What should he do, go around sniping at his coach in the media like Jerry Jones often does?

This is a stupid ass argument, if you really feel that way then I wont take part in this any further

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627554)
What should he do, go around sniping at his coach in the media like Jerry Jones often does?

This is a stupid ass argument, if you really feel that way then I wont take part in this any further

Jerry Jones? Perhaps not. Kraft? Yes. Or at least some sign of life. Either way, what we're seeing is his being OK with the shortcomings, that's unacceptable after 47 years of nothing.

notorious 12-18-2016 09:17 PM

The guy can coach. His players just need to do their job and not **** up.

carcosa 12-18-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12627153)

I mean, there had to be a better playcall to pick up those 3 yards. Like say something that gets the ball to Tyreek Hill.

Easy 6 12-18-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12628041)
I mean, there had to be a better playcall to pick up those 3 yards. Like say something that gets the ball to Tyreek Hill.

Smith has hardly ran the ball at all this year, 9 times out of 10 that call gets 3 yards easily

Argue away, I'm tired of it tonight... but sometimes players just need to execute the ****ing call

notorious 12-18-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12628050)
Smith has hardly ran the ball at all this year, 9 times out of 10 that call gets 3 yards easily

Argue away, I'm tired of it tonight... but sometimes players just need to execute the ****ing call

Yep.

NJChiefsFan 12-18-2016 10:05 PM

How many times have we had terrible a second half performances at home. Shut out in our last two at home I think. Some of that falls on the hc/oc for calls/philosophy.