ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Deshaun Watson is not a top 10 QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334613)

lcarus 11-27-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15354369)
The narrative that Watson is a guy who gets all his yards during garbage time is something conjured up by Chiefs fans after we first faced him in 2017. And at that point, it was fair.

It’s pretty clear since then he’s done a lot more than that though. And if he were our starter, I’d respect the hell out of his game.

Yeah the guy is good. No doubt about it at this point. Let's face it. If he were KC's starting QB he'd be even better. Mahomes is a unicorn and nobody else is as good but Reid and this offense is miles ahead of the situation in Houston.

bobhill 11-27-2020 10:10 PM

Hes so good , The texans are releasing Kenny stills

ChiefsCountry 11-28-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15354369)
The narrative that Watson is a guy who gets all his yards during garbage time is something conjured up by Chiefs fans after we first faced him in 2017. And at that point, it was fair.

It’s pretty clear since then he’s done a lot more than that though. And if he were our starter, I’d respect the hell out of his game.

The best analogy would be like Bulls fans trashing Reggie Miller or Clyde Drexler back in the 90s. You would be very happy to have either one if you didn't have the GOAT on your team. That's essential Chiefs fans with Watson. He is better than any QB in Chiefs history expect Mahomes and Dawson. Montana is a toss up but he was done physically.

Halfcan 11-28-2020 02:24 AM

It is crazy how some Chiefs fans on this board obsess over Watson.

We have Mahomes!

dlphg9 11-28-2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15354582)
It is crazy how some Chiefs fans on this board obsess over Watson.

We have Mahomes!

This board loves loser QBs that don't win big games.

-King- 11-28-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15354590)
This board loves loser QBs that don't win big games.

God forbid people on a football forum talk about other QBs in the league.

Btw, you made this thread LMAO.

-King- 11-28-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15354560)
The best analogy would be like Bulls fans trashing Reggie Miller or Clyde Drexler back in the 90s. You would be very happy to have either one if you didn't have the GOAT on your team. That's essential Chiefs fans with Watson. He is better than any QB in Chiefs history expect Mahomes and Dawson. Montana is a toss up but he was done physically.

For some reason people think it diminishes what Mahomes is to say another qb is really good/elite.

No, watson is a great qb. But Mahomes is on track to be the greatest qb ever. Both things can be true.

htismaqe 11-28-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15354626)
For some reason people think it diminishes what Mahomes is to say another qb is really good/elite.

No, watson is a great qb. But Mahomes is on track to be the greatest qb ever. Both things can be true.

In my case, that's absolutely untrue. I have a high standard for QB's, that is true. But I've always been this way. It has nothing to do with Mahomes.

htismaqe 11-28-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15354560)

No, JFC. That's the kind of hyperbole that starts these fights.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 11-28-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15354682)
No, JFC. That's the kind of hyperbole that starts these fights.

Well, to be honest, Watson wouldn't have much competition with the other Chiefs QBs from the past.

Green? I could see the argument go either way.
Livingston?
DeBerg?
Krieg?

Can't speak to Cotton Davidson, he was before my time.

But, compared to Cassel, Palko, Grbac, Gannon, Brokie, Thigpen, Bono, and a host of others that don't even register to me anymore? Yeah, I'd take Watson over all of them.

RealSNR 11-28-2020 12:44 PM

I'm not going to be gracious about Mahomes.

I'm going to be selfish.

We've got the biggest, most powerful dick cannon the league has ever seen, and I want it to be acknowledged from our opponents. On a weekly basis. They must pay mahomage to our QB or die. Well, I mean... they're going to die anyway. But they should be gracious about it. Just as it was expected that we as Chiefs fans were gracious about getting the chance to be torn to shreds by elite QBs. Like... "Here's Damon Huard. Now go play Peyton Manning. And you better ****ing like it! Lose with a smile on your face or else we'll claim you're an unintelligent fanbase who doesn't know anything about football just because you lose games with game managers all the time!"

This is about payback.

So if nice guy Deshaun Watson and his neat little stats he's putting up under Romeo Crennel has to be shit on, then so be it. I'm not going to crown a guy's ass just to crown his ass.

And you better believe that until Trevor Lawrence actually brings it for real, I'm going to shit the **** on him, too. Oh yes, bitches. It's happening. I am NOT giving that goldilocked ****face douche any more credit than he deserves. And you know what? If he has initial struggles (or chronic struggles) I'm going to take delight in it. I'm going to point and laugh at him.

RealSNR 11-28-2020 12:48 PM

I'll say this much, though. I'd rather have Deshaun Watson than Lamar Jackson.

There. Watson gets that much from me. You're welcome, Deshaun.

loochy 11-28-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15354858)

I'm going to be selfish.

We've got the biggest, most powerful dick cannon the league has ever seen, and I want it to be acknowledged from our opponents. On a weekly basis. They must pay mahomage to our QB or die. Well, I mean... they're going to die anyway. But they should be gracious about it. Just as it was expected that we as Chiefs fans were gracious about getting the chance to be torn to shreds by elite QBs. Like... "Here's Damon Huard. Now go play Peyton Manning. And you better ****ing like it! Lose with a smile on your face or else we'll claim you're an unintelligent fanbase who doesn't know anything about football just because you lose games with game managers all the time!"

This is about payback.

So if nice guy Deshaun Watson and his neat little stats he's putting up under Romeo Crennel has to be shit on, then so be it. I'm not going to crown a guy's ass just to crown his ass.

And you better believe that until Trevor Lawrence actually brings it for real, I'm going to shit the **** on him, too. Oh yes, bitches. It's happening. I am NOT giving that goldilocked ****face douche any more credit than he deserves. And you know what? If he has initial struggles (or chronic struggles) I'm going to take delight in it. I'm going to point and laugh at him.

This is an awesome post

MahomesMagic 11-28-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15354858)

I'm going to be selfish.

This is about payback.

The Dinosaur scouts say Lawrence is the best QB prospect of the last decade. So I wholeheartedly agree here.

RunKC 11-30-2020 04:57 PM

Watson has now lost Hopkins, Stills and Fuller. He only has Coutee and Cooks left

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> star WR Will Fuller has been suspended six games for a PED violation. He explains below: <a href="https://t.co/C9ddGRDSZ1">pic.twitter.com/C9ddGRDSZ1</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1333539197316173835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>