ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

tk13 09-17-2011 12:41 PM

This really might be the most speculation in a thread in the history of CP. It seems like 95% of people across the country are literally throwing crap up against the wall at this point. It wasn't that long ago that Mizzou/KU/KSU/Iowa State/blah blah blah to the Big East. The SEC might poach teams from the ACC. Now the Big East is in trouble, and the ACC looks like the position of power.

The reality is if the Big East starts falling apart... there's a strong chance some people are going to be left out in the cold, there's just too many teams. Either that or the Big East survives by adding the Big 12's leftovers, but they won't be a major football conference.

CrazyPhuD 09-17-2011 01:15 PM

Mark my words....at the end of this there will only be one conference in all of college football! Of course they'll have to have a playoff to decide the conference champion but that's how it's going to go down.

Stewie 09-17-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7915186)
Really? Puts them in a much more stable conference which basically assures them a spot if there ends up being 4 main AQ conferences. I'm sure the Big 12 implosion has scared them shitless to go find a permanent home.

Not really. My point was that the ACC wants these teams? I'm sure Syracuse and Pitt asked for admission, but why would the ACC want them?

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7915300)
Not really. My point was that the ACC wants these teams? I'm sure Syracuse and Pitt asked for admission, but why would the ACC want them?

TV Markets
Academics
Traditonally the top football programs in the east
All-Around Sports Programs
Great Basketball
Kills the Big East off

KcMizzou 09-17-2011 01:22 PM

@ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Big 12 administrator tells Orangebloods.com Syracuse and Pitt will be announced as 13th and 14th members of the #ACC on Sunday.

chiefsfan987 09-17-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 7915196)
The Big East is also a sinking ship.

Syracuse nearly went to the ACC back in the last expansion with Va. Tech sneaking in at the last minute.

I've heard a number of rumors for the #15 and #16 in the ACC.

Texas and Texas Tech
Texas and KU (seriously)
Texas and Notre Dame
UConn and Rutgers

other possibilities include WVU and Villanova (if they go Div. I in football)

UConn and Rutgers probably make the easiest sense as that would take the conference from Miami up through BC with natural geographic rivalries for all. Including ND or Texas would be done for money and probably with subsequent headache.

on the Baylor board they are saying that Texas is no longer considering the ACC since they won't take Tech. If Texas goes to the Pac and Pitt and Syracuse do go to the ACC IMO KU is screwed along with KSU/ISU and Baylor.

Stewie 09-17-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7915304)
TV Markets
Academics
Traditonally the top football programs in the east
All-Around Sports Programs
Great Basketball
Kills the Big East off

TV markets? What TV markets? The ACC is going to suddenly take over the TV market for Penn State with Pitt?

I wasn't aware that Syracuse mattered.

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7915320)
TV markets? What TV markets? The ACC is going to suddenly take over the TV market for Penn State?

You can't be that stupid. :banghead:

Saul Good 09-17-2011 01:30 PM

Just got word that KU might wind up in the ACC later tonight unless Ga Tech remembers to scrape them off their dicks.

Stewie 09-17-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7915323)
You can't be that stupid. :banghead:

You mean like MU to the Big 10?

GloryDayz 09-17-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7902938)
College Football : we can't have a playoff or get rid of the bowl system because it's tradition and we have too much pride to break tradition, traditional comes first.

But we'll rearrange the conferences as often as possible if it helps the bottom line cause we're not making enough money.

This.....

alnorth 09-17-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7915320)

Uhhh.... They do.

BWillie 09-17-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7915308)
@ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Big 12 administrator tells Orangebloods.com Syracuse and Pitt will be announced as 13th and 14th members of the #ACC on Sunday.

http://blogville.dailyadvocate.com/v...dontobutts.jpg

Stewie 09-17-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7915384)
Uhhh.... They do.

Why? They are a Big East school with a small TV exposure. The rule of the day is BIG SCHOOL... BIG TV!

DeezNutz 09-17-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7915387)
Why? They are a Big East school with a small TV exposure. The rule of the day is BIG SCHOOL... BIG TV!

It further opens up NY.

These two schools are ideal additions to the ACC.