ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Wisconsin_Chief 06-17-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15711282)
Still very unlikely that he leaves 30+ mil on the table and another shot at a SB. His holdout might carry into the season, but it’s still doubtful that he sits the entire year.

In most cases you'd be correct, but I doubt it with Rodgers. He's got plenty of money and you're drastically underestimating how much he despises this front office, while also overestimating his love for the game. He's not passionate about football anymore.

Like Murphy said, he's a complicated fella. We'll see if his tune changes once the season starts, but he's definitely not starting for this team week one. That's for sure. Your scenario might be the most likely one, but I won't be shocked at all if he just sits the whole year. If anyone would do it, it'd be him.

TEX 06-17-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15711165)
He may not be going to Denver this year, but he's definitely never taking another snap in Green Bay. He will sit out this year, the Packers will save millions upon millions of dollars (which is honestly all that organization cares about) and then trade him next offseason. It honestly makes zero sense for them to trade him now.

What a dumpster fire of an organization. Murphy has now managed to alienate not one, but two Hall of Fame QBs in less than a 20 year period. Are they both divas? Sure, but most organizations are smart enough to realize that a franchise QB drives the whole damn thing. The Packers honestly think they can just plug Jordan Love in and keep rolling because they're just that much smarter than the rest of the league.

The funniest part is the fan base out here. They are clueless, spoiled morons. At least 75% are taking the organizations side. It's hilarious. They truly have no idea what they're in for.

I get that. I'm pretty "complicated" myself, but no way I'd ever leave $30 MILLION+ on the table. That's money that he will never get back. And no matter how financially set he is, it's a large sum. I'd take my time about it, but I'd report and play one more season and let everyone know it is my last in Green Bay. That would put pressure on everyone to win it all now, because next year, me and my $30 MILLION + that I earned for coming back for one more season, will be outta here!

I never really liked the guy anyway, so I really don't care WTF he does. He always came across to me as an arrogant prick, so if he ends up in Denver, he'll fit right in over there. And if that happens - BRING IT! Beating them will be more fun for the next couple of years!

Having said that, I do feel that Green Bay messed this thing up badly. They know Rodgers and know how he thinks, they should have handled a lot of things differently. They deserve what they get.

TEX 06-17-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 15711146)
Poor lil fella. Only 15 more years of mediocrity to go before your shit team even has a shred of hope of becoming relevant again.

They'll be a lot of SUCK mixed in with the mediocrity. Mediocrity is their ceiling.

Coochie liquor 06-17-2021 10:03 AM

If Rodgers isn’t playing this year, can we switch our GB game to the Bucs?

Rausch 06-17-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15711336)

Having said that, I do feel that Green Bay messed this thing up badly. They know Rodgers and know how he thinks, they should have handled a lot of things differently. They deserve what they get.

If what they get is two 1st round picks for an almost 40 year old QB I'd say they did just fine...

staylor26 06-17-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15711418)
If what they get is two 1st round picks for an almost 40 year old QB I'd say they did just fine...

Lol no.

Rausch 06-17-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15711421)
Lol no.

Rodgers is definitely an "odd fella." He might get to where he's going and not like it there. Brady is an extreme rarity - not the norm.

QB's will be playing longer and older than before but not into their 50's. I'd take two first round picks for any player not likely to play longer than 2 or 3 years...

staylor26 06-17-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15711435)
Rodgers is definitely an "odd fella." He might get to where he's going and not like it there. Brady is an extreme rarity - not the norm.

QB's will be playing longer and older than before but not into their 50's. I'd take two first round picks for any player not likely to play longer than 2 or 3 years...

He’s coming off an MVP season. Two 1st round picks, which would likely be late picks, are not going to cut it.

htismaqe 06-17-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15711448)
He’s coming off an MVP season. Two 1st round picks, which would likely be late picks, are not going to cut it.

I think he was talking about next year, especially if he sits out a year.

Rausch 06-17-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15711450)
I think he was talking about next year, especially if he sits out a year.

How many years are we realistically expecting him to play? After this year what, 2 more? It should be obvious that everyone isn't Brady and most QB's aren't going to be starting quality at 38 or 40.

htismaqe 06-17-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15711618)
How many years are we realistically expecting him to play? After this year what, 2 more? It should be obvious that everyone isn't Brady and most QB's aren't going to be starting quality at 38 or 40.

If they trade him right now, they can and should get more than a couple of 1st's for him.

If he sits out a year and they can still get 2 firsts for him next year, I'd agree with you that they made out okay.

O.city 06-17-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15711282)
Still very unlikely that he leaves 30+ mil on the table and another shot at a SB. His holdout might carry into the season, but it’s still doubtful that he sits the entire year.

Changing your tune eh?

staylor26 06-17-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15711624)
Changing your tune eh?

Umm what?

ClevelandBronco 06-17-2021 11:58 AM

I'd advise him to show up, complain about a hammy and ride a bike on the sidelines all season.

Thing is, he hasn't called.

O.city 06-17-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15711638)
Umm what?

"He'll never miss time, he'll show up"

"He may miss some time, but he'll eventually be there"

I'm guessing in a month you'll be on to "he'll get traded but wherever he goes won't be any good". LMAO