ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13961438)
But, but, but, Berry, 2017, achilles.

We are all overjoyed that Haglund has returned to us in a limited capacity, and I believe it is necessary for ALL of ChiefsPlanet to personally thank you for your efforts in motivating him back to part time gladiator status. Well done!

I read this morning that Berry looked like he was directing lost little old ladies in traffic last night. Must be that great coaching of limited talent I keep hearing so much about!

notorious 12-14-2018 08:23 AM

Reid’s teams have always been undisciplined. He runs his team loosely, letting the players be themselves and have fun.

Mahomes has bailed him out several times this year. He couldn’t do it last night.

Gee, I wonder why they **** up at the worst time...

Why Not? 12-14-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13961328)
I'm not too sure about that, the NFL loves him. But we'll find out at some point because I don't see him getting a ring..

Truth

milkshock 12-14-2018 08:39 AM

if we go one and done in the playoffs (again), I don't think i would be at all upset if his ass was fired along with Suttons

srvy 12-14-2018 08:46 AM

Folks on the Boarder Patrol local sports radio claim we had 1 timeout left still on the 2 point conversion winner for SD. I though Andy had burned it prematurely earlier. If this is the case and we didn't let them line up see what they setup in then time out that's just unexcusable. Maybe wouldn't have made a difference but Id like to think we wouldn't have blown a coverage assignment.

Titty Meat 12-14-2018 08:57 AM

He's still a good coach but if we dont win a playoff game this year or next and Veach botches this draft both should be gone in 2021.

notorious 12-14-2018 09:04 AM

If Reid is canned after another playoff meltdown Clark better have an excellent replacement lined up or a few more years of Mahomes will be wasted.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13961639)
If Reid is canned after another playoff meltdown Clark better have an excellent replacement lined up or a few more years of Mahomes will be wasted.

At this point Reid isn't really the problem other than letting Bob back in the building.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2018 09:09 AM

I ****ing hate short week games...

And bye weeks too.

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13961645)
At this point Reid isn't really the problem other than letting Bob back in the building.

Andy Reid the offensive play caller and Andy Reid the game management coach have been consistent failures in these epic choke jobs as well.

fan4ever 12-14-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961705)
Andy Reid the offensive play caller and Andy Reid the game management coach have been consistent failures in these epic choke jobs as well.

I disagree...he's a good offensive play caller...

...earlier in the year when much less is on the line. The more the year goes on, the tighter his sphincter becomes.

Chiefnj2 12-14-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13961421)
Andy went full Andy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs up by 7. Only 3:49 left. <br>-10 yard penalty on KR<br>-Run for -3 yards<br>-Short pass for 5 yards<br>-Another penalty for 5 yards<br>-Sack for -2 yards. <br> Crunch time.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadAddict/status/1073449478957527040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is "full" Andy about that?

I can see a general lack of discipline being partly is fault, but the primary problem was execution. Don't block in the back. You shouldn't have a false start at home on offense and the OL needs to protect Pat on third down.

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13961718)
I disagree...he's a good offensive play caller...

...earlier in the year when much less is on the line. The more the year goes on, the tighter his sphincter becomes.

But that's the problem... he's a good play caller when he can call pre-scripted plays that he designs on the white board in his office during the week... but late in a game when the Chiefs need a clutch drive to ice the game and keep their shit defense off the field, he chokes as an offensive play caller.

kgrund 12-14-2018 09:40 AM

I think were Andy struggles is in protecting leads. His offensive lines have never been one that can just line up and impose its will on defenses, but a lot of times late he acts as if they can. He ends up causing the offense to go in a shell due to conservative calls that the personnel is unable to execute. He literally falls into the other teams hands. Does anybody think last night if we throw three times on our last series we do not pick up a first down? I will take, and like, my chances with Mahomes.

ChiefsCountry 12-14-2018 10:28 AM

It's amazing how ****ing stupid the majority are about bitching how Andy handled that last drive. The clowns were bitching that he needs to run the ball then. So guess what he did. Ran the ball. It sucks we lost 3 yards though. Chargers burned their time out. Good so far. Next was a pass to Hill. Got yardage back and put into a manageable 3rd down. Chargers burned #2 time out. Good. 3rd down got set back by a penalty put in 3rd and long. Had to pass, then disaster with sack. The bitching to bitch without thinking has always been the downfall of the morons on here.