ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

TambaBerry 04-02-2019 04:03 PM

The New York Giants select Kendall Sheffield CB Ohio St

DJ's left nut 04-02-2019 07:42 PM

Buffalo gets a 3rd Down back extraordinare:

Trayveon Williams, RB - Texas A&M

Chief Northman 04-02-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14191939)

I love his game.

CoMoChief 04-02-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14191939)

nice value pick, i completely forgot he was still on the board, and so did probably a lot of others too.

TambaBerry 04-03-2019 06:05 AM

guys lets knock this out lol why did it stall so much

Hoover 04-03-2019 08:18 AM

Yikes. Picking shortly. Had to entertain clients last night....

Hoover 04-03-2019 08:24 AM

With the 183rd pick in the NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos Select, Andre James, OT/G, UCLA

PM Sent

htismaqe 04-03-2019 10:47 AM

Does somebody want my teams?

Rain Man 04-03-2019 11:49 AM

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/v....w700.h700.jpg

Les: This is Les Nessman, your man-on-the-scene at the Pinedale Shopping Mall, where the excitement is mounting. We're here to witness the big Cincinnati draft pick...

Shopowner: Hey...hey you got permission to be out here?

Les: What?

Shopowner: You're blocking my store here, buddy.

Les: Don't you know who I am?

Shopowner: Eh?

Les: I'm Les Nessman. I won the Buckeye Newshawk Award last year.

Shopowner: Good for you, Buckeye. Now get outta my doorway.

Les: I'm sorry. (moves away)

Shopowner: (going back inside) Freak.

Les: Anyway...

The Cincinnati Bengals select Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech

Rain Man 04-03-2019 11:59 AM

Les sends a signal over the airwaves to chiefscafan that his team is on the clock.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7WmTsLO-hUI/maxresdefault.jpg

TambaBerry 04-03-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14192681)
Does somebody want my teams?

power through it, this is the boring part of the draft

Rain Man 04-03-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14192864)
power through it, this is the boring part of the draft

This is the exciting part. Cincinnati just made the first of our five sixth-round picks who will become the core of our dynasty. NFL Network will talk for years about the group who will become know as "the Cincinnati 5/6ths".

chiefscafan 04-03-2019 01:13 PM

The Detroit Lions select Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State

Big potential starter . Lions rebuild the lion to protect Stafford.

RealSNR 04-03-2019 05:24 PM

The Green Bay Packers select Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

I really hope the Chiefs get this guy. Would round out our safety depth pretty nicely. In terms of smart and tough football players that Veach now wants on defense, he fits the bill pretty damn well.

BossChief 04-03-2019 06:02 PM

The Atlanta Falcons select TE’VON CONEY, LB, NOTRE DAME

Chargem 04-04-2019 12:16 AM

The Panthers select Blace Brown, CB, Troy

The Franchise 04-04-2019 09:51 AM

The Miami Dolphins select Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon.

The Cleveland Browns select Hamp Cheevers, CB, Boston College

The RealSNR PM'd me his Vikings pick...

The Minnesota Vikings select Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma

TambaBerry 04-04-2019 10:39 AM

The Baltimore Ravens select Carl Granderson Edge Wyoming

chiefscafan 04-04-2019 11:23 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan

htismaqe 04-04-2019 11:26 AM

Guys, I'm going to be away for a few days. I won't be able to make my picks.

The Franchise 04-04-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14194200)
Guys, I'm going to be away for a few days. I won't be able to make my picks.

We've got you covered.

TambaBerry 04-04-2019 11:35 AM

The Baltimore Ravens select David Long Jr. LB WVU

Rain Man 04-04-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14194219)
The Baltimore Ravens select David Long Jr. LB WVU

Dang. He was slated to be part of the famous Cincy 6th-round crew. He would've been my next pick for them.

TambaBerry 04-04-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14194224)
Dang. He was slated to be part of the famous Cincy 6th-round crew. He would've been my next pick for them.

Blame the franchise because cheevers would have been my pick there

RealSNR 04-04-2019 07:02 PM

Green Bay select Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia

CoMoChief 04-04-2019 08:10 PM

The Houston Texans select Jalen Jelks, EDGE, Oregon

staylor26 04-05-2019 05:45 AM

The New York Jets select Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson

Chief Northman 04-05-2019 08:37 AM

The Philadelphia Eagles select Jakobi Meyers, WR, North Carolina St

A great slot option and dependable possession receiver who can learn behind Jackson and Agholor. Meyers is a smart, savvy receiver who can flank out or play inside.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 09:30 AM

http://laydenrobinson.files.wordpres...1/06/dr-j1.jpg

Les? Les? Les, are you there? Les, isn't there... Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. Uh, for those of you who just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven. Oh, and booger.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State University.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 09:41 AM

Exhausted from his effort, Johnny raises a finger to notify staylor that he's on the clock.

https://www.barfblog.com/wp-content/...hnny_fever.jpg

The Franchise 04-05-2019 09:45 AM

Round 7 is up.

RealSNR 04-05-2019 09:52 AM

No reason at all for Veach to not package some combination of these 6th and 7th rounders to get back into the 5th.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14195449)
No reason at all for Veach to not package some combination of these 6th and 7th rounders to get back into the 5th.

I'm not sure I agree.

In positions of need for the Chiefs, this part of the draft appears to be an inch deep and a mile wide. There are a ton of guys still on the board who are really similar to each other and really similar to guys taken in the 5th.

In the early rounds I see some drop off so I see the sense in using some firepower to move up. But here, I don't think you're much more likely to get a guy that sticks in the 5th than you are in the 7th. There's still very little drop off or consensus in several key positions for KC.

If the draft went like this one is going, I'd actually be looking to pick up another 6th or early 7th somehow. And that's usually way against how I'd do things, but this draft is funny in a lot of ways.

Sfeihc 04-05-2019 10:09 AM

This draft and the talent in it reads to me as letting the draft come to you. Lots of fine players left as we near the end of round 6. The Chargers are ready to put a bow on their draft here at #202.

staylor26 04-05-2019 10:38 AM

The Indianapolis Colts select Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii

The Franchise 04-05-2019 11:04 AM

Sfeihc sent me his pick in a PM. He listed two players. One was Tavai and the other was:

The Los Angeles Chargers select Cameron Smith, LB, USC

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 11:25 AM

Man there are two guys I really like here. I don't know that I'll get either of them with the next pick and I'd be pretty disappointed to lose both of them. Ugh....

Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR - UNC

I think this kid really got screwed by an arbitrary selection process. He had terrible QBs at UNC and really needed an 'official' opportunity to speak to some concerns about burst and short area quickness. By not getting a combine invite, he was deprived of that. And when the tap is limited because of his situation at Carolina, he just really falls through the cracks.

I'm willing to take a hit on my 'point total' here because I understand that the guy could easily go undrafted because of that. But when I see him in clips, I see a guy that could've put himself in the Day 2 conversation at the back of the 3rd had he been given a combine invite. I'm hopeful that some team is impressed by a workout and gives him a real chance to prove himself. He's a versatile inside/outside threat with a QB background who can also contribute heavily on special teams. I don't think he's a genuine possibility to step in as an X receiver absent injury, but if Robinson doesn't take a step forward this year, Ratliff-Williams could be a possible replacement for him long-term.

There are some higher floor guys that could be worth taking here, but in terms of upside with an almost slam-dunk ability to contribute on special teams because of his willingness to play physically, I think he's a hell of a get in the 6th and a worthwhile gamble.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 11:57 AM

htismaqe said yesterday that he's not available for a few days. Is The Franchise taking over his picks? That's what I inferred from the conversation.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 12:17 PM

Oh yeah, he did.

I presumed he meant group effort.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 12:22 PM

Unless anyone objects, I think I've got a solid one for him.

Having lost Bridgewater and with a system that favors ball placement over arm strength, the Saints select a solid developmental backup:

The New Orleans Saints select: Brett Rypien, QB - Boise St.

Sfeihc 04-05-2019 12:24 PM

The Los Angeles Chargers CP Mock Draft

Rd 1. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St.
Rd 2. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Rd 3. Caleb McGary, OT, Washington
Rd 4. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
Rd 5. Marquise Blair, S, Utah
Rd 6. Cameron Smith, LB, USC

Simmons due to his injury is basically on a red shirt rookie season. He seemed worth the risk with his 5th year option being 1st rounder. In the end his talent level versus draft position won out for me.
I really enjoyed "Friday" so Deebo Samuel was an easy pick in round 2 to replace Ty Williams who joined the Faiders.
The Chargers brain trust were shocked to find McGary still on the board at the end of rd 3.
Johnson, Blair, and Smith also were value picks who will provide depth on the defense. All three also have the talent to develop into starters.

Thsi draft lacks star power but deep into the 6th round there is talent still left across the board. Time to work the phones on UDFAs.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195620)
Unless anyone objects, I think I've got a solid one for him.

Having lost Bridgewater and with a system that favors ball placement over arm strength, the Saints select a solid developmental backup:

The New Orleans Saints select: Brett Rypien, QB - Boise St.

Motion seconded.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14195623)

Simmons due to his injury is basically on a red shirt rookie season. He seemed worth the risk with his 5th year option being 1st rounder. In the end his talent level versus draft position won out for me.
I really enjoyed "Friday" so Deebo Samuel was an easy pick in round 2 to replace Ty Williams who joined the Faiders.
The Chargers brain trust were shocked to find McGary still on the board at the end of rd 3.
Johnson, Blair, and Smith also were value picks who will provide depth on the defense. All three also have the talent to develop into starters.

Thsi draft lacks star power but deep into the 6th round there is talent still left across the board. Time to work the phones on UDFAs.

Getting ahead of the game, the Chargers select a 1st-round guy whose ACL is already torn and has more time to heal, instead of drafting a guy who will blow out his ACL in training camp.

Sfeihc 04-05-2019 12:37 PM

Exactly

The Franchise 04-05-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195614)
Oh yeah, he did.

I presumed he meant group effort.

Group effort.

Hoover 04-05-2019 12:59 PM

With the 205th pick, the LA Rams select Jon'Vea Johnson, WR, Toledo

Can someone PM the next dude?

The Franchise 04-05-2019 01:03 PM

PM sent.

Hoover 04-05-2019 01:15 PM

Thank you!

chiefscafan 04-05-2019 01:23 PM

The Detroit Lions select Terronne Prescod, OG, North Carolina State

Lions need to rebuild the line they get a guard with a nasty disposition who wants to hammer defensive lineman to the ground. Need to protect Matt Stafford.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 01:26 PM

I think I've got one for Washington as well unless anyone else wants to take a stab at it after Crow picks.

The Franchise 04-05-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195685)
I think I've got one for Washington as well unless anyone else wants to take a stab at it after Crow picks.

Fire away.

Anyone who is here when his picks come up.....can make the pick.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14195694)
Fire away.

Anyone who is here when his picks come up.....can make the pick.

That'll work. If anyone wishes to beat me to it, they're welcome to do so. If I'm around, I'll go ahead and make it and keep things movin' forward.

Hoover 04-05-2019 04:04 PM

My Broncos Draft

10. Denver - Hoover - Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan
41. Denver - Hoover - Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
72. Denver - Hoover - Michael Jordan, C/G, Ohio State
126. Denver (from Houston) - Hoover - Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
149. Denver - Hoover - Marvell Tell, III, S, USC
157. Denver (from MIN) - Hoover - Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo
183. Denver – Hoover - Andre James, OT/G, UCLA

A pretty decent haul if you ask me. Obviously, no real QBOTF but Jackson would be perfect to groom under Flacco - tall, big arm, but more athletic.

kccrow 04-05-2019 09:40 PM

With the 207th pick, the New England Patriots select Dontavius Russell, DT, Auburn

Ol Bill loves him a big space eater that can stuff the run in the middle of his defense and that's exactly what Russell is. Not to mention he's a huge value right here given this would have been the pick at 134 had Stidham not fallen.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-05-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14195623)

I hope this doesn’t happen for our sake...

Simmons has All-Pro ceiling upside and Samuel just seems like one of those guys who is gonna produce at a high level for 8+ years and go about his business.

I’d love to see KC draft Deebo if things fell a certain way.

BossChief 04-05-2019 10:17 PM

Here’s my draft for Seattle. They had already traded away most of their picks, but I like the guys I got at the slots I was picking. Got a STUD TE, a high upside edge rusher and a DT that can be a starter. We also got great value for a young QB in case Russel gets traded to NY.

21. Seattle - BossChief - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
85. Seattle – BossChief - Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina State
125. Seattle - BossChief - Ben Banogu, EDGE, TCU
160. Seattle - BossChief - Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse

Sfeihc 04-06-2019 02:47 AM

The Washington Redskins select Foster Moreau, TE, LSU.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14196103)
The Washington Redskins select Foster Moreau, TE, LSU.

****!

I knew I should've gone ahead and made the pick for Washington. I sent to ChiefsCA and told him to make it when he was ready to pick if nobody else had yet.

My fault for not rigging the deck. I really like Moreau. Perfect TE2 for KC. Damn.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-06-2019 08:55 AM

One thought I always come away with, no matter how many mocks I’ve read, is the feeling that some needs still aren’t effectively filled. And that’s completely fine, because we don’t want to draft purely for need. But it just goes to show that this roster has a few more missing pieces than we can hope to fill completely, at least through the draft that is.

Which is why I’m hoping we can make a move or two to find a couple of players who can have a sizable impact from day one. Wherever the position may be, we need some players who can really change games because we can’t just plug every hole how we might want.

Whether it’s a DE who immediately becomes our best rusher (Ferrell?), a corner who could significantly relieve concerns in the secondary (Murphy?), a TE who could make the Chiefs offense scarier than ever, a OL who can step in and bring a mean streak that can upgrade C or LG, a WR who can beat press man coverage at any given moment, or a safety who immediately becomes a high impact center fielder... I just want to feel like we’ve acquired some true difference makers when this thing is all said and done.

And from there, hopefully some cream rises to the top or Veach can find alternative options to solidify positions that can’t be addressed this month.

chiefscafan 04-06-2019 12:07 PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Darryl Johnson JR, OLB/DE, North Carolina A &T

Sleeper pick tremendous potential from small school.

Sfeihc 04-06-2019 12:11 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Sheldrick Redwine, S, Miami.

Sfeihc 04-06-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14196153)
****!

I knew I should've gone ahead and made the pick for Washington. I sent to ChiefsCA and told him to make it when he was ready to pick if nobody else had yet.

My fault for not rigging the deck. I really like Moreau. Perfect TE2 for KC. Damn.

He would be an ideal fit but where is the right point to grab him IRL. He won't be around where the Skins just got him.

RealSNR 04-06-2019 12:44 PM

And the TEs continue to come off the board.

Even in the high-flying days of Denny Green's Cunningham/Culpepper throwing to Moss and Carter, they still had big ol' Jimmy Kleinsasser working his blocking magic out of the backfield and out of the 2nd TE slot. He'll be a valuable piece in a variety of run formations the Vikings want to operate out of to generate playaction success. If you can draft a player to fill a specific role in the 6th round like that, no matter how infrequent, it's probably a good pick.

The Minnesota Vikings select Drew Sample, TE, Washington

DJ's left nut 04-06-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14196257)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Sheldrick Redwine, S, Miami.

Man you are just ****ing killing me.

Moreau and Redwine were 1 and 2 for me.

Chief Northman 04-06-2019 02:17 PM

I swear, some of you just read kccrow mocks he posts and just take names from there.

LOL.

Sfeihc 04-06-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14196350)
Man you are just ****ing killing me.

Moreau and Redwine were 1 and 2 for me.

Veach is going to kill this draft.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14196370)
I swear, some of you just read kccrow mocks he posts and just take names from there.

LOL.

Haven't read his mocks for a bit.

But that's alright. I have Plan Bs across the board. I still have 5-6 guys I'd be happy to have here.

But Sfeihc getting me TWICE is pretty funny.

EDIT: Woah - Redwine in the 3rd is WAY early. I like him but he's closer to a 5th than a 3rd. No damn way I take him there.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 04:56 PM

If you're going to draft a tight end, who better to announce him than the tightest end ever to call Cincinnati home. I speak, of course, of Bailey Quarters.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUqMc1oUYAAybB8.jpg

She shyly approaches the microphone and makes the pick with no nonsense.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 05:06 PM

I've PM'ed myself to let me know that I'm on the clock again.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 05:24 PM

Sensing an opportunity to grab a second pick while no one is looking, Herb Tarlek rushes onto the stage.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QUDDIaFc6R...b%2BTarlek.jpg

Before anyone can stop him, he blurts out,

The Cincinnati Bengals select Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 05:26 PM

Herb has placed a call to San Francisco to let them know they're on the clock.

RealSNR 04-06-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14196498)
Sensing an opportunity to grab a second pick while no one is looking, Herb Tarlek rushes onto the stage.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QUDDIaFc6R...b%2BTarlek.jpg

Before anyone can stop him, he blurts out,

The Cincinnati Bengals select Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State.

You are not a very nice person.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2019 07:32 PM

Jesus. Took Dax Raymond as well.

[Crosses TE2 off draft list]

Man that was a rough few picks for the KC draft board.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14196580)
You are not a very nice person.

Sales is a dog eat dog business.

CoMoChief 04-06-2019 08:21 PM

San Francisco 49ers select Jamal Peters, CB, Mississippi St.

Big physical DB, probably better suited for S in the NFL.

CoMoChief 04-06-2019 08:24 PM

I guess it's a requirement now for ALL youtube college highlight reels to feature the shittiest rap music known to mankind.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 08:53 PM

Here's some good non-rap music.

Baby, if you ever wondered
Wondered whatever became of me
I'm drafted by the team in Cincinnati
And my name is Bobby Okereke.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YQvCNLIVydM/maxresdefault.jpg

Rain Man 04-06-2019 08:54 PM

Cincinnati is kind of destroying Okereke's career by drafting him behind Mack Wilson in a 4-3 defense, but he represents good value and depth at this point.

Rain Man 04-06-2019 09:07 PM

Kansas City has been notified that they are on the clock and are expected to do everything possible to support Patrick Mahomes.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2019 10:05 PM

The Chiefs select Saquon Hampton, S - Rutgers