ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid appreciation thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317847)

Hammock Parties 11-29-2020 06:46 PM

The only thing that queered those drives were penalties and drops.

Shut the **** up.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15359841)
Andy threw twice at the end with the game on the line and the opponent having no timeouts.

Andy has the balls to go for the win, and Mahomes has the dick to execute.

Andy is the ****ing GOAT.

That’s fine, but we should have gone for the kill in this game. When you don’t, it allows the refs to get involved and it forces Mahomes to make late game plays to win. 99 percent of the time he will do it but eventually it will cost them in a big spot.

Bl00dyBizkitz 11-29-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15359860)
The only thing that queered those drives were penalties and drops.

Shut the **** up.

You know you can disagree with me and not be a bitch at the same time!

They aren't mutually exclusive!

Amazing how that works!

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 06:51 PM

I ****ing hate Belichick, but the one thing his teams always did was go for the kill during that dynasty. I hope Andy develops that because Mahomes is more than capable of putting up 40+ against any team in the league.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15359877)
That’s fine, but we should have gone for the kill in this game. When you don’t, it allows the refs to get involved and it forces Mahomes to make late game plays to win. 99 percent of the time he will do it but eventually it will cost them in a big spot.

This just isn't true during the Mahomes era.

Name a time it "cost them in a big spot."

Franchise QBs close games. Andy trusts his franchise QB to close the game.

Andy deserves no criticism tonight.

Sannyasi 11-29-2020 06:52 PM

Andy didn't get too conservative in this game. In the 4th quarter, we had

14 pass plays
6 called running plays

Not even close. We had way more passes than runs. The 2nd to last drive was killed with holding penalties, as everyone saw. Then even on 3rd and 27 Mahomes, up by 10 points, Mahomes was still throwing it deep trying to pick up the first down. Nothing conservative at all about that.

Then on the final drive when we were trying to end the game, we still had 4 passing plays to 3 running plays. Andy put the ball in Mahomes' hand on the last play of the game to pick up the crucial first down. Again, not conservative at all. People are confusing "the offense didn't execute" with "conservative."

You can choose to either blame the refs for killing our second to last drive, or give credit to the Bucs defense for adjusting, but blaming Reid here is asinine. He didn't get conservative at all but people will let their narrative get in the way of the facts I'm sure.

Sannyasi 11-29-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

How did we not go for the kill? Passing the ball deep on 3rd and 27 up by 10 points...

TwistedChief 11-29-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 15359897)
Andy didn't get too conservative in this game. In the 4th quarter, we had

14 pass plays
6 called running plays

Not even close. We had way more passes than runs. The 2nd to last drive was killed with holding penalties, as everyone saw. Then even on 3rd and 27 Mahomes, up by 10 points, Mahomes was still throwing it deep trying to pick up the first down. Nothing conservative at all about that.

Then on the final drive when we were trying to end the game, we still had 4 passing plays to 3 running plays. Andy put the ball in Mahomes' hand on the last play of the game to pick up the crucial first down. Again, not conservative at all. People are confusing "the offense didn't execute" with "conservative."

You can choose to either blame the refs for killing our second to last drive, or give credit to the Bucs defense for adjusting, but blaming Reid here is asinine. He didn't get conservative at all but people will let their narrative get in the way of the facts I'm sure.

**** your facts, stats, and sound logic. This sort of so-called evidence doesn't stack up against the gut feel of many of the CP cognoscenti..

King_Chief_Fan 11-29-2020 06:56 PM

That last possession was the most effective one I have seen Andy manage from a time perspective

Kman34 11-29-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15359890)

This.. Hardman had a TD hit him in the hands.. If that happens we wouldn't be hearing the Doubting Dumb Dumbs in the game thread....

Nevermind.. there are always idiot posts...

Hammock Parties 11-29-2020 06:57 PM

Another thing that is marvelous, the Chiefs had a 50/20 run pass ratio, yet held the ball for 37 minutes.

Andy has found a way to be pass-first and dominate TOP.

InChiefsHeaven 11-29-2020 07:00 PM

People need to realize that other NFL teams have NFL football players on their teams, and they play football pretty good. Our guys are better, but their guys are ****ing good. The Bucs are not some piece of shit team, and we took their best shot and still won. We are not going to win every game by 3 scores, it is what it is.

Yeah, there is always room to improve. We can pick apart a ton of shit on defense, offense and special teams. BUT...we got Patrick. We got Andy. We have talent and guts. We will not win every game, that's a given. But damn...we are the most feared team in the NFL right now.

I was not worried all game. I got a little uncomfortable at the end, and a little frustrated and pissed, but I was not worried. If you get the ball to Patrick, he'll take care of it.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Uh, Patrick threw a sure TD behind Mecole. That was the dagger right there. Did you not watch the game?

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15359890)

I can’t because it hasn’t happened yet. Odds are that it will eventually though. Mahomes is the best QB in NFL history but even he is not infallible. Go for the kill when the opportunity is there, don’t be kicking FGs when you’re on the 1 or taking the ball out of Mahomes’ hands on any drive.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15359965)
Uh, Patrick threw a sure TD behind Mecole. That was the dagger right there. Did you not watch the game?

Unclear how this changes kicking a FG from the 1 or running the ball on several series they shouldn’t have resulting in turnovers on downs.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15359972)
Unclear how this changes kicking a FG from the 1 or running the ball on several series they shouldn’t have resulting in turnovers on downs.

Which series were T/Os on downs? Because they aren't listed in the game summary at ESPN?

Megatron96 11-29-2020 07:05 PM

There was a fumble, but that wasn't Andy's fault. Unless he snuck out there in his Mahomes costume. There was a couple holding calls on Wylie that effed a couple drives. Again, not Andy's fault. Unless he also dressed up as Wylie and grabbed a couple guys?

Marcellus 11-29-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15359972)

3 holding calls ( 2 were for sure ticks tacky) and 2 dumb PF penalties on Clark on back to back offense and defense series had way more to do with the close ending than anything you mentioned.

And we never turned the ball over on downs.

DaFace 11-29-2020 07:07 PM

If it weren't for Hardman dropping an easy TD, this game would have been over in the 3rd. Can't blames that on Andy.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15359976)
Which series were T/Os on downs? Because they aren't listed in the game summary at ESPN?

Being forced to punt the ball away is the same thing in my books.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15359987)
3 holding calls ( 2 were for sure ticks tacky) and 2 dumb PF penalties on Clark on back to back offense and defense series had way more to do with the close ending than anything you mentioned.

And we never turned the ball over on downs.

Refs never call the holds if the game is not close enough for those holding calls to matter. Chiefs should have been up by 20+ at that time and the refs aren’t getting involved to keep it close for a Brady.

htismaqe 11-29-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15359991)
If it weren't for Hardman dropping an easy TD, this game would have been over in the 3rd. Can't blames that on Andy.

Honestly, it could have been over much earlier.

They settled for a FG after the Kelce trick play on the very first drive and then they had the fumble in the red zone in the 2nd quarter.

It really should have been 28-7 at halftime.

el borracho 11-29-2020 07:23 PM

Almost surely won the AFC West today with the Raiders falling to 6-5.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15360051)
Honestly, it could have been over much earlier.

They settled for a FG after the Kelce trick play on the very first drive and then they had the fumble in the red zone in the 2nd quarter.

It really should have been 28-7 at halftime.

I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15360086)
I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.

I'm pretty glad we had those three points.

DaFace 11-29-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

To be fair, that FG was the difference in the final score. I didn't agree with the call either, but if we'd gotten stopped on 4th down there, it could have changed everything.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15360105)
I'm pretty glad we had those three points.

I’d rather trust in Mahomes and take the 7.

jerryaldini 11-29-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 15359930)
That last possession was the most effective one I have seen Andy manage from a time perspective

Yep Reid and Mahomes were able to kill 4:10 like it was nothing, without running much. Beautiful play designs and execution.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15360109)
To be fair, that FG was the difference in the final score. I didn't agree with the call either, but if we'd gotten stopped on 4th down there, it could have changed everything.

Results based thinking after the fact. Kicking a FG is statistically a win for the defense there. TB showed no ability to stop the offense all night other than the times we took the ball out of Mahomes’ hands through runs or that kick.

OKchiefs 11-29-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15360145)
Results based thinking after the fact. Kicking a FG is statistically a win for the defense there. TB showed no ability to stop the offense all night other than the times we took the ball out of Mahomes’ hands through runs or that kick.

We scored 10 points over the final 3 quarters, clearly they made adjustments and were able to stop us to some degree.

RealSNR 11-29-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Because coaching is like anything else in sports. You're not going to hit every shot. Or get a hit on every pitch. Or even every plate appearance. And coaches aren't always going to make decisions you agree with.

Andy isn't Doug Marrone or Bill O'Brien or Zac Taylor. Hell, he's not even Bruce Arians.

It's about perspective. Did your top 5 major league hitter strike out? Why even hem and haw about that shit? He's not perfect. So ****ing what?

DaFace 11-29-2020 08:01 PM

Regardless of your take on that call, I think we can agree that our inability to convert short yardage situations is kind of a problem. Mahomes generally makes up for it, but it really sucks that our OL can't get a push to save their lives.

If we were better there, I bet Andy would have gone for it.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15360039)
Being forced to punt the ball away is the same thing in my books.

No. A turnover has a specific definition and punting the ball is not included in it, ever. Learn the proper definitions of the terms used in football. And players that commit illegal acts on the field are not Andy's fault, dipstick.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15360169)
We scored 10 points over the final 3 quarters, clearly they made adjustments and were able to stop us to some degree.

So you blame Andy for Mahomes throwing the ball behind Mecole, and for Patrick getting strip sacked? For the refs throwing a flag at Fish when obviously didn't hold? For a couple dropped passes?

How does that make any kind of sense? Should we blame Andy for tornado season as well?

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15360208)
Because coaching is like anything else in sports. You're not going to hit every shot. Or get a hit on every pitch. Or even every plate appearance. And coaches aren't always going to make decisions you agree with.

Andy isn't Doug Marrone or Bill O'Brien or Zac Taylor. Hell, he's not even Bruce Arians.

It's about perspective. Did your top 5 major league hitter strike out? Why even hem and haw about that shit? He's not perfect. So ****ing what?

Because it’s an unnecessary strikeout (think bunting with 2 strikes) and one that will cost us eventually if it happens enough times.

We’re almost certainly going to be in the conversation for the greatest dynasty in sports by the time Mahomes’ run is over and that’s the standard we should be holding it to. Pat can literally break the game and take it somewhere no one ever has if we let him.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15360245)
No. A turnover has a specific definition and punting the ball is not included in it, ever. Learn the proper definitions of the terms used in football. And players that commit illegal acts on the field are not Andy's fault, dipstick.

If it results in us giving the ball back without scoring (in a game in which Mahomes is absolutely torching the other team), it’s all the same to me.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15360231)
Regardless of your take on that call, I think we can agree that our inability to convert short yardage situations is kind of a problem. Mahomes generally makes up for it, but it really sucks that our OL can't get a push to save their lives.

I’d love to hear the explanation as to why because I’ve thought he’s done a very good job this year of going for it in similar spots this year. That was a mistake though.

KC_Connection 11-29-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15360263)
So you blame Andy for Mahomes throwing the ball behind Mecole, and for Patrick getting strip sacked? For the refs throwing a flag at Fish when obviously didn't hold? For a couple dropped passes?

How does that make any kind of sense? Should we blame Andy for tornado season as well?

He was defending your point BTW.

jerryaldini 11-29-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

It's a great point. We got stoned in the red zone today. Once the field gets that short inside the 5 I think Reid feels he either needs trickery or to throw. The odds of converting there with a standard run against that front were probably less than 30 percent.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15360277)
If it results in us giving the ball back without scoring (in a game in which Mahomes is absolutely torching the other team), it’s all the same to me.

So you're ignorant. Fine.

Megatron96 11-29-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15360291)
He was defending your point BTW.

Ah. Okay, I misread the intent there. Carry on.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 15359930)

Burning the clock like that was brilliant. It was just about perfect.

FAX 12-04-2020 09:21 PM

In Wally's presser today, some media dude asked him about a huge "soybean maze" created in Wally's honor.

Apparently, the maze is constructed in the form of Wally's face.

According to Media Dude, the maze is large ... in fact, he said Wally's Soybean Maze Mouth is big enough to hold as many as 28,000 cheeseburgers.

I find this both troubling and highly intriguing.

Therefore, I am compelled to inquire ...

Does anyone have a photo of Wally's Soybean Maze?

FAX

smithandrew051 12-04-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 15371363)
In Wally's presser today, some media dude asked him about a huge "soybean maze" created in Wally's honor.

Apparently, the maze is constructed in the form of Wally's face.

According to Media Dude, the maze is large ... in fact, he said Wally's Soybean Maze Mouth is big enough to hold as many as 28,000 cheeseburgers.

I find this both troubling and highly intriguing.

Therefore, I am compelled to inquire ...

Does anyone have a photo of Wally's Soybean Maze?

FAX

Someone please embed:

https://twitter.com/bejlm/status/133...614362624?s=21

-King- 12-04-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15371407)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach Andy Reid likeness in soybean field-- why not? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BigRed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BigRed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mickshaffer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mickshaffer</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mattderrick</a> <a href="https://t.co/32opL1orpb">pic.twitter.com/32opL1orpb</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Mann (@beJLM) <a href="https://twitter.com/beJLM/status/1335023645614362624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

InChiefsHeaven 12-04-2020 11:10 PM

Holy shit that is glorious...that's a lot of damn work...

FAX 12-05-2020 07:39 AM

Thank you, Mr. smithandrew051.

They said it was large so I'm glad it wasn't necessary to crop the photograph.

And, as Wally remarked in his presser, "It's a lot better than one of those alien circles."

FAX

KChiefs1 12-05-2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15360057)
Almost surely won the AFC West today with the Raiders falling to 6-5.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

We have bigger fish to fry than just winning the division again. :thumb:

KChiefs1 12-05-2020 08:49 AM

Andy knew what he had.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3abalrIeXt0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DRM08 12-05-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15371414)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach Andy Reid likeness in soybean field-- why not? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BigRed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BigRed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mickshaffer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mickshaffer</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mattderrick</a> <a href="https://t.co/32opL1orpb">pic.twitter.com/32opL1orpb</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Mann (@beJLM) <a href="https://twitter.com/beJLM/status/1335023645614362624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly, that is very impressive work.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15371414)

Buehler! Great job!

WhiteWhale 12-05-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

I watch games with my brother, and every time KC is in a 3rd or 4th with 1 yard to go, I always say "they need to get a false start here and give mahomes some room!"

I'm legit more confident in 3rd and 6 than 3rd and 1.

Not in general. Just with this team and this qb.

O.city 12-05-2020 01:14 PM

So what would it take for andy to catch and pass Belicheck as the goat?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-05-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15372025)

5 more super bowl rings

eDave 12-05-2020 02:44 PM

Andy Red.

Red Dawg 12-05-2020 02:52 PM

Bill has only won with one QB. Andy has proven he can win with others besides Mahomes. He didn't get the SB but he won many playoff games with different QBs.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-05-2020 04:29 PM

I hate Dee Ford forever. After Feb it could be 3 in a row!

DaFace 12-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15372025)

I don't think Andy has much of a shot at passing him as the GOAT in terms of metrics. However, I think Andy will be looked at as having more of an influence on the game than Bill did.

FloridaMan88 12-08-2020 09:52 AM

Adam Teicher with a hilariously stupid comment about Andy Reid on ESPN.com:

Link: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...hes-most-stake

Quote:

Despite winning the Super Bowl last season, Reid isn't yet guaranteed to be an eventual Hall of Fame selection. Winning back-to-back championships would appear to be enough to put Reid over the top. Of the six coaches who have done it, four are in the Hall, and one who isn't, Bill Belichick, is a lock once his career is finished.
Andy is a lock for the HOF, Teicher's head is up his ass as usual.

RealSNR 12-08-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15381949)

That overrated sack of crap Bill Cowher is in the Hall. He only coached for 14 years and then called it quits when he was pretty young. And it wasn't all winning with him, either. He had a handful of downish seasons. I know there are exceptions to the longevity rule, but Cowher ain't one of those exceptions. One Super Bowl win does not a HOF coaching career make.

Andy was top 5 all-time in wins without the Super Bowl. That alone is a HOF coaching career. The Super Bowl just got him into the Hall sooner, if that.

KC Hawks 12-08-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

I was just about to make a thread about this. Teicher is a ****ing moron.

DaFace 12-08-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that's a ridiculous take. Andy was PROBABLY in without winning a Super Bowl. With the win, he could retire tomorrow and be a first-ballot HOFer.

KChiefs1 12-10-2020 02:49 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We are all in on “Rally with Big Red” to support Special Olympics Missouri and Coach Andy Reid.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RallywithBigRed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RallywithBigRed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SOMissouri?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SOMissouri</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/VintageHuskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@VintageHuskey</a><a href="https://t.co/vcjJZaUYuo">https://t.co/vcjJZaUYuo</a><a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Arrowheadlive</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ojochd2cQs">pic.twitter.com/Ojochd2cQs</a></p>&mdash; Laurence Bowers (@LBowers_21) <a href="https://twitter.com/LBowers_21/status/1330587793026928642?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy happy Sunday y’all ❤️��<br><br>We are all in on “Rally with Big Red” to support Special Olympics Missouri. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RallywithBigRed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RallywithBigRed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SOMissouri?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SOMissouri</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/VintageHuskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@VintageHuskey</a><a href="https://t.co/1j1EzGb7Xy">https://t.co/1j1EzGb7Xy</a><a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Arrowheadlive</a> <a href="https://t.co/cxYPu7yGuk">pic.twitter.com/cxYPu7yGuk</a></p>&mdash; Sophie Cunningham (@sophaller) <a href="https://twitter.com/sophaller/status/1335713915158802438?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC 12-10-2020 03:06 PM

It’s crazy how the narrative on Andy has changed within 6 months.

“Andy can’t win a SB”

Now

“Patrick Mahomes gonna have Andy Reid around his whole career so he can be the GOAT?”

Megatron96 12-10-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15386853)

“Andy can’t win a SB”

Those idiots are still here. Now it's "Andy is holding Mahomes back!!! Andy won't win another unless Patrick ignores Reid and does whatever he wants!!!" Or some shit like that.

RealSNR 12-10-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15386895)
Those idiots are still here. Now it's "Andy is holding Mahomes back!!! Andy won't win another unless Patrick ignores Reid and does whatever he wants!!!" Or some shit like that.

The second half against Tampa and most of the game against the Donks:

"ANDY GETTING CUTE WITH PLAYCALLING. HE'S BAD AT CALLING PLAYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!"

Notice how the team has perfectly executed its "clock management" (a term I still think is absolute horse shit) and yet those clock cocks from the 2019 regular season who wanted Reid fired because "clock management" aren't making any mention of that or giving him credit the past two weeks.

Simply Red 12-10-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15386992)

"ANDY GETTING CUTE WITH PLAYCALLING. HE'S BAD AT CALLING PLAYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!"

Notice how the team has perfectly executed its "clock management" (a term I still think is absolute horse shit) and yet those clock cocks from the 2019 regular season who wanted Reid fired because "clock management" aren't making any mention of that or giving him credit the past two weeks.

https://voca.ro/1bpnRpL7qOUY

O.city 12-10-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15386853)

“Andy can’t win a SB”

Now

“Patrick Mahomes gonna have Andy Reid around his whole career so he can be the GOAT?”

I'm not sure who said he "can't" win a SB?

Hammock Parties 12-10-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15387009)

ROFLROFLROFL:clap:

Bl00dyBizkitz 12-10-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

I'll eat some crow. I was PISSED after the Tampa game, but it probably wasn't Andy's fault. I was just blown away that our offense was struggling to convert on 3rd down when in the first half they were moving the ball at will.

But ever since that game we've been doing fine, just Denver's defense actually buckling down and stone walling us in the Red Zone, which they're apparently really good at. So hey, it all checks out.

Megatron96 12-10-2020 04:56 PM

So the big concern with Andy's play-calling in the latter half of this season has been RZ offense. Dan Orlovsky breaks this myth down a bit below.

Starts at about 3:50:
<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QAl_VJpopuc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris Meck 12-10-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 15387065)
I'll eat some crow. I was PISSED after the Tampa game, but it probably wasn't Andy's fault. I was just blown away that our offense was struggling to convert on 3rd down when in the first half they were moving the ball at will.

But ever since that game we've been doing fine, just Denver's defense actually buckling down and stone walling us in the Red Zone, which they're apparently really good at. So hey, it all checks out.

It turns out, other teams make adjustments too.

And their guys get paid to do a job just like ours do.

Megatron96 12-10-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

CP's whiners rarely if ever give credit where credit is due. Even then, usually there's some criticism mixed into it.

But mostly they just need to whine about something. Which is why, despite Andy leading the team to a SB win, in the one year that every Chiefs fan should be over-the-moon ecstatically happy about all the coaches and players, the Frank Clark sucks thread has been resurrected, why the Andy haters have resurfaced, why there's a thread bitching about Hardman, another about Butker, Why there's a thread about why the defense sucks, etc. and so on.

The Chiefs have lost just one game in the past 386 (give or take a couple) days. In that same frame only a handful of teams have managed to score more than 24 points vs. our defense. The offense has scored an average of 31+ points/game.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time. It's like these dimwits have some kind of Chiefs fan PTSD.

The Chiefs are fine. Are they playing at the top of their game on both sides of the ball? No. Do I think they can turn it on whenever they need to? Absolutely. Because they've done it multiple times this year. They just haven't needed to keep the 'turbo' button mashed down for more than a quarter or two. And, if we're honest, weather slowed the offense down a bit a couple times, and the refs have erased some points as well.

As I noted in another thread, the Chiefs have had at a minimum 6 TDs taken off the board this season, and you can make a pretty solid case that the number is 8+ TDs. If just half of those points were tallied, we don't lose any games, and only one game would be within 6 points.

But even if it worked out that way, I'm sure the whiners would still be whining.

WhiteWhale 12-10-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Clock Management is, was, and always has been more about the quarterback than head coach.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15387082)
It turns out, other teams make adjustments too.

And their guys get paid to do a job just like ours do.

Now, wait a minute, let's not get TOO carried away here...

Chris Meck 12-10-2020 07:18 PM

Anyone who doesn't understand that Andy Reid is in the top 2 coaches in the NFL is an idiot.

Oh, and by the way, Belichick, who most would say is the number one-

No Brady and what happens there?

Reid has won with a bunch of no-names, some has beens, some never was's, and now with a GOAT.

He's also a great person and his players love him.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

tredadda 12-10-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15387354)
Anyone who doesn't understand that Andy Reid is in the top 2 coaches in the NFL is an idiot.

Reid has won with a bunch of no-names, some has beens, some never was's, and now with a GOAT.

This is why I believe Reid is a better coach than Belechick. Look at his accomplishments without Mahomes vs Belechick's without Brady.

Simply Red 12-10-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15387354)

I love you Chris, you're such a sweetie!

Sofa King 12-10-2020 08:42 PM

Jesus ****. Cam Newton is pure dog shit. Most teams lose much more and are far less competitive if they had Cam Newton than what the Patriots are. Cam is ass.

Sofa King 12-10-2020 08:44 PM

And the Bucs have a shitload of weapons and they have a single win more than the Pats do.