ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293557)

KChiefs1 08-18-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan (Post 13681707)
After reading everybody's experiences I did not expect as good of results as I have ha in the past ten years, but I tried anyhow. I called 1800m directtv and when the automated machine came on I asked for my contract. Someone came on the line and I told them that the only reason I had their service was for Sunday Ticket, I live in Washington state, and that Dish had offered me a $300 dollar card to switch. The young man I was talking to asked if I would hold while he dug around to see what he could do.

After about 10 minutes he came back and gave me $45 a month for 12 months, which equals out to me paying 3.99 for 6 months and then getting $45 off fo the rest of the year.

I recommend just being patient.

Thanks!

I called in & setup a cancellation date of September 1st.

No calls yet.

Fire Me Boy! 08-19-2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13681729)
Thanks!

I called in & setup a cancellation date of September 1st.

No calls yet.

I never got one, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Fire Me Boy! 08-19-2018 06:30 AM

So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.

OnTheWarpath15 08-19-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13681862)
So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.

1 or 2 year contract?

Fire Me Boy! 08-19-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13681868)
1 or 2 year contract?

One.

notorious 08-19-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

That’s an amazing deal. $420/ year 35/month ST included? Jesus.

Fire Me Boy! 08-19-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13681888)
That’s an amazing deal. $420/ year 35/month ST included? Jesus.

I just wanted a box to get the rest of their shit. LOL

Bwana 08-19-2018 09:38 AM

Ok the first lady I talked to, I couldn't understand, she had some strong accent going on.

She offered me $16.50 off per month for 6 months. I laughed and told he to transfer me to disconnect. When I got to disconnect, I got a lady that actually spoke English as her first language, was pleasant enough, but said they didn't have any deals on Sunday Ticket. I explained that the only reason I had Direct TV was for the Sunday Ticket and that Dish had a hell of a deal going on. I ended up dropping the ticket and getting $60 a month off my bill for a year with no contract. My bill literally dropped in half, so it was defiantly worth the call.

I talked to her a little longer and she told me to call again at the end of the month, because they may very well be a deal on the ticket because to the drop off. She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation. She also said that over 90% of the calls she was handling for disconnect were over that situation.

Bottom line, it's worth the call and keep checking with them.

PmCakes 08-19-2018 09:38 AM

I'm all about that streaming for free shit. With five prime time games too this just makes sense.

lewdog 08-19-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13682037)
Ok the first lady I talked to, I couldn't understand, she had some strong accent going on.

She offered me $16.50 off per month for 6 months. I laughed and told he to transfer me to disconnect. When I got to disconnect, I got a lady that actually spoke English as her first language, was pleasant enough, but said they didn't have any deals on Sunday Ticket. I explained that the only reason I had Direct TV was for the Sunday Ticket and that Dish had a hell of a deal going on. I ended up dropping the ticket and getting $60 a month off my bill for a year with no contract. My bill literally dropped in half, so it was defiantly worth the call.

I talked to her a little longer and she told me to call again at the end of the month, because they may very well be a deal on the ticket because to the drop off. She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation. She also said that over 90% of the calls she was handling for disconnect were over that situation.

Bottom line, it's worth the call and keep checking with them.

I talked to 4 different people on my call and 2 spoke horrible English. Like the worst I have heard from customer service in a major company EVER.

Is AT&T based in Asia now?

Why Not? 08-19-2018 08:15 PM

I'll try a week before the season. Last year I simply called and asked "what's the best deal you can give me on Sunday Ticket?" The lady said "I am authorized to give it to you free this year". Not sure if it was a long time customer thing or just luck of the draw, but I'll try again this year. If not free or no good deal, I'm gonna hold out until week 4. Week 1 they always give you a free view and week 3 I'm watching football all day at Harrahs in KC so I'll just need to sports bar it for week 2. We'll see what they offer me week 4.

ThaVirus 08-19-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13682037)
She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation.

LMAO What a bunch of crybabies

Bwana 08-20-2018 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13682849)
I talked to 4 different people on my call and 2 spoke horrible English. Like the worst I have heard from customer service in a major company EVER.

Is AT&T based in Asia now?

The first one I talked to had the "Dell India" vibe going on. I was only able to understand about every 3rd word. Thankfully the 2nd AT&T lady I talked with didn't speak with broken English.

KChiefs1 08-20-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

So it did work huh?

KChiefs1 08-20-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13681827)
I never got one, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I’m still waiting.

The Franchise 08-20-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Here's hoping I get that when I call to cancel on the 31st.

The Franchise 08-31-2018 01:30 PM

Called in and cancelled today. Got some bullshit offer of $36 a month for Sunday Ticket. Good riddance.

TinyEvel 08-31-2018 11:25 PM

Last year I paid $299 for Sunday Ticket to stream to my PS4 (No DIRECTV subscription) And got my first of four auto-renew hits to my credit card for $74 last week.

I cancelled it.

There's like 5 National broadcast games plus the two Raiders/Chiefs games AND a Chiefs/49ers game on TV here in NorCal. That's 8 of the 16 games. The rest I can go to a sports bar or watch the Reddit streams you guys talk about. Hope it works because..

When the game is on, the second the shit stops working I would suddenly pay $300 to have the game on. :cuss:

Bwana 09-01-2018 04:37 PM

Soooooooo, I got my Direct TV bill today and NFL Sunday ticket was still on it. I called in and cancelled it yet again. What a Mickey Mouse, fly by night outfit.

Manila-Chief 09-03-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

WOW!!! I got a deal but nothing like that. Maybe I should have read your post before I called.

Looked at my bill on line and it was $195.++ ... Called and finally got to retention ... when she came on the phone line she asked for my info ... the same info I had given the first gal and I mention something about "what a rinkey-dink organization DTV has become since AT&T took over" and mentioned the repeating the request for my into ... she mumbled something ... told her my bill was way too high and that I have Comcast cable in my house because their cable is cheaper if I have basic cable ... don't have it hooked up but will be easy to switch and a lot cheaper than $195 a month ... and told her the main reason I have DTV was/is Sunday Ticket and if I cancel it then I may as well switch ... she tried to appease me by asking about out TV interest so she could appease me with other programing ... which we have none ... so she puts me on hold ... comes backs and ... cuts $12.25 off of the ticket ... gives me $55.00 a month credit or discount on my bill for the next year ... no contract.

And as someone said above ... the $12.25 off the Ticket is $36 a month

KChiefs1 09-03-2018 05:09 PM

AT&T doesn’t like giving it free.

Fire Me Boy! 09-04-2018 07:55 AM

My god.

I called in this morning because I hadn't heard anything in email or otherwise about my $300 gift card. Initial CSR could only find $100 pending, and since I told them without the $300 offered I wasn't interested in continuing service, he said he needed to send me to the retention department.

After a half hour of her talking to me and the rewards center, they finally got it squared away, and I should be getting my $300 by the end of the month.

AND THEN, she said because of the misinformation I'd been given and the hassle, she could offer me another $50 off per month for a year, taking my total bill down to $16.

With that $300 gift card, AT&T is paying me to be a Directv customer. PBJ

The Franchise 09-04-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13707632)
My god.

I called in this morning because I hadn't heard anything in email or otherwise about my $300 gift card. Initial CSR could only find $100 pending, and since I told them without the $300 offered I wasn't interested in continuing service, he said he needed to send me to the retention department.

After a half hour of her talking to me and the rewards center, they finally got it squared away, and I should be getting my $300 by the end of the month.

AND THEN, she said because of the misinformation I'd been given and the hassle, she could offer me another $50 off per month for a year, taking my total bill down to $16.

Nice.

They aren’t even sending me a box. I’m just supposed to put my equipment in a bag and take it down to the local UPS store. They’ll box it up for me there and ship it back to the DTV.

Been with DTV for 13 years and they didn’t offer me dick to stay.

KChiefs1 09-04-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13707632)
My god.

WTF? I didn't even get a call.

Congrats!

Chief Pagan 09-04-2018 09:18 PM

So I finally got around to trying the college student sign up.

It was an existing account that was used last year. But all they required was the student name, the school name (University of CA), date of birth, and the previously used gmail email account/password in order to check eligibility. Another intern who graduated this spring tried, and was denied, so they actually appear to be checking something against University records.

Titty Meat 09-04-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13707641)
Nice.

They aren’t even sending me a box. I’m just supposed to put my equipment in a bag and take it down to the local UPS store. They’ll box it up for me there and ship it back to the DTV.

Been with DTV for 13 years and they didn’t offer me dick to stay.

How will you watch Chiefs games?

suzzer99 09-05-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13709120)
So I finally got around to trying the college student sign up.

It was an existing account that was used last year. But all they required was the student name, the school name (University of CA), date of birth, and the previously used gmail email account/password in order to check eligibility. Another intern who graduated this spring tried, and was denied, so they actually appear to be checking something against University records.

I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone :(

Fire Me Boy! 09-05-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13708791)
WTF? I didn't even get a call.

Congrats!

I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.

3rd&Long 09-05-2018 01:25 PM

Some of you get the softies and I'm glad for you. I get the pricks. My guy told me to go F myself before he'd give up a discount on ST. I asked him what his problem was and he said the front office of AT&T had laid down the law: No exceptions, no slack. I'll listen on Sirius but am not thinking that's a big sacrifice given what I saw in the pre-season.
i.e., this doesn't seem to be the year or team to cough up the full $300 price to see their adventures.

3rd&Long 09-05-2018 01:28 PM

BTW, I'm only a 20 year customer of Directv but it seems not to matter to the people I get on the call-ins. I suspect the pressure is on because of the high rights fee being paid for ST but also get the sense that exclusivity won't be in place much longer.

KChiefs1 09-05-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13709889)
I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.

I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.

Fire Me Boy! 09-05-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13709914)
I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.

It was for me last year, too. Not this year.

Why Not? 09-05-2018 04:25 PM

I'm Le'Veon Belling myself. Free view this week and week 3 I'm in KC. I can do week 2 at a sports bar. I'll call before games week 4. See what they offer. Oh I'm gonna cave no matter what but maybe my "holdout" will help.

Chief Pagan 09-05-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13709884)
I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone :(

I find that strange. When I went to the page to enter billing info, I could change the address and I could enter my credit card number. I couldn't actually change the name, it was grayed out. I'm thinking there is no way this goes through with a credit card that doesn't match the name, but it did.

When I went to check eligibility, the web page didn't list the Red Zone channel as one of the benefits. You could add NFL Game Pass for $50 which I did. I was a bit bummed about the no Red Zone.

However, when I got the final, review your purchase before hitting confirm, it did list the Red Zone. And I definitely had Red Zone last year. If it was tied to the $50 add on, it didn't do a good job of showing that.

suzzer99 09-05-2018 06:56 PM

Please report back on Sunday if Red Zone works.

JohnnyHammersticks 09-07-2018 01:19 PM

Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.

Bweb 09-07-2018 02:27 PM

Direct TV has Sunday Ticket Max free preview this Sunday, Sept 8th. :):)

3rd&Long 09-07-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13713889)
Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.

You ARE a silver tongued devil my friend. Congrats.

Chief Pagan 09-07-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13710598)

Will do.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-08-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13713889)

You must have ATT for you cell phone... I don't have that option and moved to DISH after 24 years, one of the first ones... The good news is after 6 months I don't miss Directv. My Bill is the same for 24 months and it is 56.80 cheaper for the same service. It's cheaper for me to go to a bar and eat and watch a non televised chiefs game...

wheeler08 09-08-2018 08:38 AM

They always tell me to wait before week 2 starts to get a discount. So I’ll watch tomorrow in all it’s free glory and will start calling on Tuesday

OnTheWarpath15 09-08-2018 12:05 PM

Just signed up for the Student version. Used a promo code to get it down to $80.

Used my nephew's info - only needed his school, name and birthdate. Didn't even ask for a university email. The account is in his name but with my address, email and payment.

I'll be running it through an XBox OneS @ 225mbps. They are offering a "free week" which means I don't get billed until next week so if the quality sucks I can cancel.

JohnnyHammersticks 09-08-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13714843)
You must have ATT for you cell phone... I don't have that option and moved to DISH after 24 years, one of the first ones... The good news is after 6 months I don't miss Directv. My Bill is the same for 24 months and it is 56.80 cheaper for the same service. It's cheaper for me to go to a bar and eat and watch a non televised chiefs game...

Don't have AT&T for anything. Sprint cell phone and Century Link internet.

Chief Pagan 09-09-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

The red zone is free week one. So I'll have to wait for week two to know for sure.

wheeler08 09-15-2018 02:15 PM

Man I've been trying all day and they won't do jack for me..The very first lady I called told me she could get me just the regular Sunday ticket for $36x6 instead of $48x6. I said that wasn't good enough, she transferred me and that person wouldn't budge either. I've called 4 different times, and now they won't even give me the $36x6! They want to give me MAX for the same regular price as ST.. Evil Corp

ILChief 09-15-2018 04:18 PM

R e d d i t

KChiefs1 09-15-2018 05:28 PM

Petro had a guy on talking about this. Interesting.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/ben-koo

wheeler08 09-16-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13731712)
R e d d i t

My internet is too slow to reliably stream. I tried last year with decent internet and it still was crap, and I have even worse internet since I moved. You’ve never seen anger like when the stream goes out for 5 min in the middle of an offensive series and it comes back on and it’s at commercial and I don’t know what the hell happened for 5 min.

After seeing the thread for this weeks coverage map, I’m right at the border of having the Chiefs game on my local Chicago channel. So I’ll try again right before week 3. Surely they wouldn’t expect someone to pay full price after 2 weeks....

Why Not? 09-16-2018 06:52 AM

So, after our satellite went out for about the 4th time in a 6 week period, the wife had enough and asked(told?)me that she wanted to cancel DTV and go the cord cutting route. I thought "you know what? **** DTV. I'm sick of their shit". So we cancelled(no fees due to the amount of issues we've had with them recently). Like others have said, after 16 years as a customer, DTV made no effort to retain us.

So, we got Sling TV and an over the air antenna. I was all set to use the Red Zone channel while listening to Chiefs broadcasts over satellite radio, when a collegue at work offered me free reign of their college email sign in info. So, now I get all the sports programming that Sling offers that DTV didn't(i.e. SEC and PAC 12 networks)plus Sunday Ticket for $100. And I am done with the evil empire that is DTV. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Mi_chief_fan 09-16-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13715090)
Just signed up for the Student version. Used a promo code to get it down to $80.

Used my nephew's info - only needed his school, name and birthdate. Didn't even ask for a university email. The account is in his name but with my address, email and payment.

I'll be running it through an XBox OneS @ 225mbps. They are offering a "free week" which means I don't get billed until next week so if the quality sucks I can cancel.

I did the same with my son’s info; he’s but a freshman, and his enrollment so far is completely worth it!

007 09-16-2018 11:31 AM

Here we go

Chief Pagan 09-16-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Red zone works.

DaKernal 09-18-2018 05:15 PM

Was all set up with PS Vue. Been going for a week now, canceled DTV last Friday.
Thought I was completely done, was prepping to send back my equipment, when they started calling... and calling, and calling. Blew up my phone all weekend, so I finally answered today to see what the bastards were offering.

Told them the only way to get me back was to cut my bill to $71/mo + free Sunday ticket max. They countered with $77/mo, free ticket max + $200 visa card. I'm back in.

The Franchise 09-18-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKernal (Post 13744185)
Was all set up with PS Vue. Been going for a week now, canceled DTV last Friday.
Thought I was completely done, was prepping to send back my equipment, when they started calling... and calling, and calling. Blew up my phone all weekend, so I finally answered today to see what the bastards were offering.

Told them the only way to get me back was to cut my bill to $71/mo + free Sunday ticket max. They countered with $77/mo, free ticket max + $200 visa card. I'm back in.

Literally all I got was a letter in the mail. $300 visa card, $49.99 a month for one year and then another year at full price and NFL Sunday Ticket for free. I'm not biting.

DaKernal 09-18-2018 05:22 PM

I only did it for my wife, who is a Titan fan, a ver passionate one. I don't need it, get all games locally in Wichita.

suzzer99 09-18-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13732628)
So, after our satellite went out for about the 4th time in a 6 week period, the wife had enough and asked(told?)me that she wanted to cancel DTV and go the cord cutting route. I thought "you know what? **** DTV. I'm sick of their shit". So we cancelled(no fees due to the amount of issues we've had with them recently). Like others have said, after 16 years as a customer, DTV made no effort to retain us.

So, we got Sling TV and an over the air antenna. I was all set to use the Red Zone channel while listening to Chiefs broadcasts over satellite radio, when a collegue at work offered me free reign of their college email sign in info. So, now I get all the sports programming that Sling offers that DTV didn't(i.e. SEC and PAC 12 networks)plus Sunday Ticket for $100. And I am done with the evil empire that is DTV. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Did you get Red Zone with the student package w/o having to buy Game Pass?

suzzer99 09-18-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13737058)
Red zone works.

Yeah I did the same thing you did. Although now I'm thinking we didn't even have to buy Game Pass.

Either that or they'll figure it out next week and no one will have Red Zone.

OnTheWarpath15 09-18-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13744350)

I did.

suzzer99 10-13-2018 12:05 AM

So I thought I'd get a nice buzz tonight and watch last week's game on NFL Game Pass - which I definitely purchased. Anyone have any idea how to actually do that? It's not on my roku app - and logging on to directv through my computer isn't getting anywhere.

Ok I guess I got a promo code when I first signed up. So I can watch it on my computer on NFL.com now. Still can't figure out how to watch it on roku.

FAX 10-13-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13810413)
So I thought I'd get a nice buzz tonight and watch last week's game on NFL Game Pass - which I definitely purchased. Anyone have any idea how to actually do that? It's not on my roku app - and logging on to directv through my computer isn't getting anywhere.

I just watch Game Pass on my PC thing and a browser deal.

Are you attempting to use a phone, Mr. suzzer99?

FAX

Why Not? 10-13-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13744350)

Red Zone was included with my Sling TV package

suzzer99 10-13-2018 02:18 AM

I finally got it - I got a code when I first signed up. So I can watch it on nfl.com. Still can’t figure out how to watch it on roku though.

In58men 02-05-2019 12:09 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4290269850.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise 02-05-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14091777)

FFS....offer team packages and watch the money roll in.

Aspengc8 02-05-2019 12:16 PM

I've been using seasons4u.com for the last 5 seasons. They used to be nfl2go.com. Still about $20 per season. You also get commercial free version about 2 days after the game, as well as the all-22 film.

In58men 02-05-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14091783)
FFS....offer team packages and watch the money roll in.

This would be a great idea.

It would even better if it was included in the subscription.

The Franchise 02-05-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14091804)
This would be a great idea.

It would even better if it was included in the subscription.

I've said it multiple times every year. I would gladly pay $150 a season to just get the Chiefs games. I think that's a fair price.

Rasputin 02-05-2019 12:33 PM

I'm moving across the state but afraid i'm going have to pay DTV for early disconnect bullshit.

In58men 02-05-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14091808)
I've said it multiple times every year. I would gladly pay $150 a season to just get the Chiefs games. I think that's a fair price.

I’ve been paying the full price since the start of Matt Cassel.

It sucks, but I can’t miss a game or have a stream to only freeze during the game.

wheeler08 02-05-2019 03:45 PM

I hope they ditch Directv so I can cut the cord!

tmax63 02-05-2019 04:16 PM

I ditched Directv a month ago. I just got sick and tired of having to call them every year to "renegotiate". There were only about 3 games a year that the Chiefs weren't on the tv even out here in CO. If you paid anything at all for the package then it wasn't worth it.

KChiefs1 02-05-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14091777)

That is the only reason I have DirecTV.

Chief Pagan 02-05-2019 05:17 PM

Yea, I would be fine with buying a streaming only Sunday ticket straight from Amazon.

Not that I want to give my money away, but I would be ok paying more for ST stand alone streaming from DirecTV than I do pay with the student discount. But I'm not ok with signing up for DirecTV and the only way I can get them to sell me the stand alone streaming is with the student discount. My office always has student interns.

But DirecTV doesn't work too hard to prevent this. They don't even require a confirmation from the student's email and I pay for it in my own name and credit card. So it seems they are ok taking my money.

Still, if Amazon allowed me to be entirely legit, great.

lewdog 02-05-2019 05:38 PM

I cancelled DTV yesterday. **** those losers.

Chiefs were on tv a ton anyway. Hulu Live gives me more sports channels than I was getting anyway.

Dunit35 02-05-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14092310)

Chiefs were on tv a ton anyway. Hulu Live gives me more sports channels than I was getting anyway.

Bout to do the same. I’m on my last free month of DTV then I’m switching to Hulu live with a Roku.

jjchieffan 02-06-2019 11:50 AM

My trial with CBS All Access and my VPN worked out great. NW Arkansas likes to play Texans games over Chiefs games, so I had a couple of times where it wasn't broadcast locally. The Chargers game week 1, in fact wasn't available. No problem. I set my VPN to LA. I then opened the CBS app on my Firestick, and there it was. No need for Sunday Ticket. 6 bucks a month for the CBS app, and $5 for the VPN. However, I do already have Amazon Prime. It may be interesting to see what kind of packages they offer if they steal the Sunday ticket from DirecTV. But, more than likely, I'll just keep doing it how I'm doing it. It works just fine for me.

OlineDline 02-06-2019 12:01 PM

Cut the cord.

So many high quality streaming services available.

A $100 chromebook hooked up to your TV will do wonders.

lewdog 02-16-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14092310)

They never called to offer me a sweet deal. They really have changed. Our service ended last night and we started the $11.99 Hulu deal. I barely watch TV, although we likely will go Hulu live for March Madness.

The Franchise 02-16-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14109922)
They never called to offer me a sweet deal. They really have changed. Our service ended last night and we started the $11.99 Hulu deal. I barely watch TV, although we likely will go Hulu live for March Madness.

Maybe they know they’re about to lose the NFL license.

lewdog 02-16-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14109929)
Maybe they know they’re about to lose the NFL license.

I am sure hoping so!