ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is YES! YES! YES! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282865)

GloucesterChief 07-21-2015 10:49 AM

I am not sure if Cesaro has done the UFO in the WWE, probably not as the wrestlers tend to be bigger then on the indies, but I am sure kinds would like that.

Also, the giant swing.

BigCatDaddy 07-21-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11609672)
A lot of that is just costuming (kids like bright colors) and prominent placement in stories. Cena benefits from both. Cesaro gets to have neither (though he's got Cena's endorsement backstage, so his star seems to be on the rise).

LMAO You dont have any kids Im guessing

He is going to have to be marketed in a different way if he ever is going to be star.

BigCatDaddy 07-21-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11609689)
I am not sure if Cesaro has done the UFO in the WWE, probably not as the wrestlers tend to be bigger then on the indies, but I am sure kinds would like that.

Also, the giant swing.

The swing is the best thing he has going for him.

Sassy Squatch 07-21-2015 10:58 AM

Cesaro is probably going to be the next Bryan. Vince doesn't want to push him but the crowd will have none of it. If he can get back to the king of swing he'll have his silly little gimmick that the kids can get behind combined with world class wrestling talent and strength. He SHOULD already be there after he won that battle royale, but better late then never. Having Cena behind him helps a lot too.

GloryDayz 07-21-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11609205)
Kansas City needs a baseball stadium downtown though!/ KK

Glad you agree. Perhaps on the south side of 670 (where I proposed it shod go), might help.

Jerm 07-21-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 11609664)
EC3 is the best current wrestler and its not even close. Hes in the worst promotion but the guys a star. Has the charisma and the look, WWE dropped the ball with him he could have carried them for years. His promo when he won the TNA belt taking shots at Bill Demott and Triple H calling himself the new game was great. Hes the best thing going since Punk.

You must not watch a lot of New Japan...

Swanman 07-21-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11609997)
You must not watch a lot of New Japan...

Nakamura is waving hello.

keg in kc 07-21-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11609672)
A lot of that is just costuming (kids like bright colors) and prominent placement in stories. Cena benefits from both. Cesaro gets to have neither (though he's got Cena's endorsement backstage, so his star seems to be on the rise).

Kids like who they're told to like. Much like adults.

Mav 07-21-2015 04:47 PM

Kevin Owens is a boss.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-21-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11609497)
Awesome show to be at last night. The brawl was awesome. I think its time to end Rollins title reign. Just a boring character. Ambrose probably 2nd loudest pop after Taker. I think he is a supserstar in the making.

I haven't even been watching but said Ambrose was the best of the new blood they had. Too predictable.

GloucesterChief 07-21-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11610080)
I haven't even been watching but said Ambrose was the best of the new blood they had. Too predictable.

Zayn will be the WWEs next big babyface.
Owens will be a heel.
Balor will probably play both. Kinda of like Undertaker or Muta.

Reaper16 07-21-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11609690)

He is going to have to be marketed in a different way if he ever is going to be star.

Yeah, that was the point that I made in the post you quoted. :)

Mr. Flopnuts 07-21-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11610092)
Zayn will be the WWEs next big babyface.
Owens will be a heel.
Balor will probably play both. Kinda of like Undertaker or Muta.

It's been long enough I don't know any of them.

Reaper16 07-21-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11610105)
It's been long enough I don't know any of them.

You wouldn't really without having watched NXT. Owens at least has been on Raw for the past 2 months, but only wrestling sporadically.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-21-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11610108)
You wouldn't really without having watched NXT. Owens at least has been on Raw for the past 2 months, but only wrestling sporadically.

I'm genuinely ignorant at this point. I've been out of the loop for a long time. Just trying to see if it's improved, and kind if excited about NJPW, and the El Luchidor brand mentioned earlier.

GloucesterChief 07-21-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11610128)
I'm genuinely ignorant at this point. I've been out of the loop for a long time. Just trying to see if it's improved, and kind if excited about NJPW, and the El Luchidor brand mentioned earlier.

Finn Balor = Prince Devitt, he founded the Bullet Club which is a major faction in NJPW.

Kevin Owens = Kevin Steen on the indies. He was pretty good and fatter in ROH.

Sami Zayn = El Generico in the indies and ROH.

big nasty kcnut 07-21-2015 05:41 PM

Trust me watch Kevin Owens matches and finn balor flopnut you'll love it also Sammi zayn!

Reaper16 07-21-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11610128)

I think you (and anyone who likes pro wrestling) owe it to yourself to check out things like NJPW or Lucha Underground, just to see what's possible outside of WWE's way of doing things.

Reaper16 07-21-2015 05:56 PM

Like, tell me this match (from yesterday's Day 1 of the G1 Climax tournament) isn't both tremendous AND something you'd never see on WWE tv:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2yrq2l" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yrq2l_katsuyori-shibata-vs-a-j-styles-in-g1-climax-25_sport" target="_blank">Katsuyori Shibata vs A.J. Styles in G1 CLIMAX 25</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/4989power310710" target="_blank">4989power310710</a></i>

Jerm 07-24-2015 06:39 AM

Sooooo late last night WWE removed every reference of Hogan from their website and merchandise, etc...he's no longer listed as a judge for Tough Enough.

There's big time rumors that a video or audio is coming out very soon where he goes on a racist rant and uses the N word pretty generously.

This is crazy shit...Hogan also tweeted this:

@HulkHogan In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

Booker T. wasn't playing around I guess all those years back.....

Mav 07-24-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11610080)

He's good, but a lot of the new talent is really really good. Rollins is probably the best all around . He controls the mic really well and his in ring is unmatched right now.

But Owens is special, Neville, bray Wyatt. Wyatt could be the best heel since HHH if the fans would stop cheering him.

CoMoChief 07-24-2015 08:50 AM

Read on the internet Hogan went on some racial tirade, calling the Rock a ****er among other things.

WWE has removed Hogan from pretty much any associations he has w/ WWE (at this point)

Hogan is regarded as a pos behind closed doors in the wrestling community. Maybe some of it is fueled by jealousy, but there's been a lot of shady shit that's come across his path throughout the years. Sleeping w/ other wrestlers wives/gfs. Sex tapes. Him and his wife were always swingin' back in the day...it was only a matter of time before she moved onto younger men and left his crusty old wrinkly ass while she took a lot of his money in the divorce. Then there's the lawsuit his son was involved in, which IMO is the real reason why Hogan is still around. He needs $$$. He's like Ric Flair. He's broke and can't stay away. And being in WWE still gives him that feeling that people still give a shit about him and it strokes his massive ego.

Hogan was in a really dark place for a while and was on the verge of committing suicide at one point.

The guy has some inner demons. Not sure what was behind his racial tirade.

Jerm 07-24-2015 08:52 AM

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...ooke-exclusive

Jesus Christ....

Swanman 07-24-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11615318)
Sooooo late last night WWE removed every reference of Hogan from their website and merchandise, etc...he's no longer listed as a judge for Tough Enough.

There's big time rumors that a video or audio is coming out very soon where he goes on a racist rant and uses the N word pretty generously.

This is crazy shit...Hogan also tweeted this:

@HulkHogan In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

Booker T. wasn't playing around I guess all those years back.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t8NX-HxX-A0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swanman 07-24-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11610159)
Like, tell me this match (from yesterday's Day 1 of the G1 Climax tournament) isn't both tremendous AND something you'd never see on WWE tv:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2yrq2l" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yrq2l_katsuyori-shibata-vs-a-j-styles-in-g1-climax-25_sport" target="_blank">Katsuyori Shibata vs A.J. Styles in G1 CLIMAX 25</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/4989power310710" target="_blank">4989power310710</a></i>

I am making my way through the G1 on NJPW World and havent gotten to this match but I am sure it's amazing, like pretty much every match over there. What's impressive is that Shibata has been pretty much a tag wrestler lately. And it looks like Bullet Club is working some red in and starting to look a little Wolfpack-y

CoMoChief 07-24-2015 08:58 AM

Zeus is gonna kick the living shit out of him now.

Swanman 07-24-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11615516)
Zeus is gonna kick the living shit out of him now.

Right after he is done with his role in Human Centipede 3 (true story)

Jerm 07-24-2015 09:38 AM

http://i.imgur.com/bvQ54XY.jpg

The Franchise 07-24-2015 10:01 AM

Fired by the WWE and out of the Hall of Fame.

CoMoChief 07-24-2015 10:24 AM

Well his legacy and everything he worked for and did professionally now doesn't mean shit. I wonder if he actually does kill himself now. He came close to doing it a few yrs back or so right before he did that American Gladiator show w/ Ali's daughter.

Hogan was someone that was always in the spotlight and always was in character. He let the Hulk Hogan character run his life because he eventually got into that superstar status back in the 80's and 90's where he was considered to be like a real life superhero almost, that the Hulk Hogan or Hulkster or Hulkamania character was Iconic, like a Rambo, or a Robo Cop. Now that all of that is gone, and his HOF enshrinement and immortality are all gone. That's all that Hogan or Terry Bollea had. What else does he have left now? He won't be able to work anywhere. He'll receive the Michael Richards (Kramer) treatment and won't ever see or hear from him again.

For someone with a giant ego like that who sat on the top of the professional wrestling tree for decades and to now in a instant have all of that come crashing down can be devastating for someone. Look at Tiger Woods. A different scenario but with similar outcomes. He hasn't been shit since the spousal domestic issues with the cheating and ****ing around w/ adult filmstars etc which led to a very expensive divorce and to the eventual downfall of his career. Tiger Woods is done and its all because his ego and lifestyle came back to bite him in the ass. Same w/ Hogan after all these yrs.

Beef Supreme 07-24-2015 10:38 AM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55265887.jpg

keg in kc 07-24-2015 11:37 AM

I'm shocked that he's a racist. Shocked, I tell you.

TLO 07-24-2015 12:12 PM

He'll be back in WWE within a year.

Hootie 07-24-2015 12:28 PM

he was awesome in Rocky II

Hootie 07-24-2015 12:28 PM

I mean Rocky III

Swanman 07-24-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11615893)
I'm shocked that he's a racist. Shocked, I tell you.

He owned a restaurant in Florida (doubt he still does) and it had a really long list of "rules" to go into the establishment. They went through the list on the Opie and Anthony Show a while back and it basically came down to 1 rule: No black people. So this development doesn't surprise me in the least.

BigCatDaddy 07-24-2015 01:09 PM

Thought he and the JYD were homies.

big nasty kcnut 07-24-2015 02:25 PM

Yet Vince called cena that and nothing.

WhawhaWhat 07-24-2015 02:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JtAJqeTpDis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRock 07-24-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11615755)
I wonder if he actually does kill himself now. He came close to doing it a few yrs back or so right before he did that American Gladiator show w/ Ali's daughter.

The suicide thing was classic Hogan bullshit. He was trying to get himself sympathy after he got caught badmouthing his son's friend who ultimately died after that car accident.

He used to say he was sitting there with a gun in his hand, ready it end it all, when Laila Ali called and unknowingly saved his life. Then the gun became pills. Then after Gladiators ended and he had no reason to put Laila over anymore, the story became that he decided not to kill himself after fans approached him in public to express their love.

Hogan's so full of shit, I don't even think he's a racist. He said "I'm a racist", so he can't be because nothing he says is ever true.

loochy 07-24-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11615791)

Fahk tha Hogan

No good peeeeece of sheet modder fahker

I put him in camel clutch, make him humble

TLO 07-27-2015 01:28 AM

#pushkevinowens

big nasty kcnut 07-27-2015 01:33 AM

Fight Owens fight!

Mav 07-27-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11620975)
#pushkevinowens

Yeah. They are burying him. Feeding him to orton.

Captain Obvious 07-27-2015 09:11 PM

Cena's nose just got....JACKED UP!!!

fairladyZ 07-27-2015 09:12 PM

the last 2 weeks has it been glitchy and freezing for anyone else?

Jerm 07-27-2015 09:17 PM

Rollins tapping clean to Super Cena...

http://www.thecoli.com/media/hhh-scust.4114/full

BigCatDaddy 07-27-2015 09:29 PM

Rollins title run sucks and we will see a Shamus run soon :facepalm:

Mav 07-27-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11622809)
Rollins title run sucks and we will see a Shamus run soon :facepalm:

No we won't.

TLO 07-27-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11622490)
Yeah. They are burying him. Feeding him to orton.

Tonight they made Rollins tap to Cena as well.

Oh WWE..

Mav 07-27-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11622838)
Tonight they made Rollins tap to Cena as well.

Oh WWE..

That doesn't bother me at all. Who has Rollins beat legit? No one. And at summer slam Rollins will get saved .

Jerm 07-28-2015 07:21 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-10418105.html

So apparently people on Twitter have been trolling the hell outta Hogan, posting pics of celebrities and soccer players among other things showing fake "support" and he's been RT'ing them...this is hilarious LOL.

Best one I've seen so far was a picture of Drake and former Man Utd. player Rio Ferdinand together...Hogan is so damn dumb.

Jerm 07-28-2015 07:26 AM

http://i.imgur.com/eMx2VAn.png

There it is lol....

listopencil 07-31-2015 05:44 PM

Just saw a thing on FB saying Roddy Piper dead at 61.

Captain Obvious 08-22-2015 10:10 PM

No way Summer Slam even comes close to the NXT show tonight. My goodness. That women's match was in-freakin-credible.

BryanBusby 08-22-2015 10:29 PM

Don't worry, Kevin Dunn will take a fat shit over them all once they aren't protected on nxt.

58kcfan89 08-22-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 11679001)
No way Summer Slam even comes close to the NXT show tonight. My goodness. That women's match was in-freakin-credible.

Probably one of my top 10 favorite matches, potentially top 5. I've already watched it twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11679091)
Don't worry, Kevin Dunn will take a fat shit over them all once they aren't protected on nxt.

This is what scares me. Bayley could be a female version of Cena. Amazing with kids and has a fairly big adult fanbase as well. And Sasha is just awesome.

Knowing Dunn & co., she'd be a generic crazy heel after about 5 weeks on the "main roster" like almost all the other women are.

BryanBusby 08-22-2015 11:54 PM

They generally have no idea what to do with developing to begin and Dunn basically sees women wrestlers as whores.

58kcfan89 08-23-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11679411)
They generally have no idea what to do with developing to begin and Dunn basically sees women wrestlers as whores.

Crazy whores. Cause all women are crazy and certainly can't wrestle or tell a good story.

****ing Dunn....

BryanBusby 08-23-2015 06:53 AM

It's hilarious comparing nxt to raw. Women in nxt get real storylines and have actual meaning to matches. On Raw and Smackdown they have some 3 way tag team feud to uh appease Stephanie? Uh shit I really don't remember why but tbh don't care......SKIMPY OUTFITS

My wife laughs, sighs than nods in agreement when divas are on TV and I yell out piss break.

Tonight I expect **** off finishes and a pissed off NY crowd for the main events. Kane interferes and helps taker win and fella cashes in.

The last one ending in a **** off finish doesn't bother me much actually. Another Cena run will be a major deflate and they need to end this Seth Rollins reign. They've ****ed it up horribly.

Mav 08-23-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11679686)
It's hilarious comparing nxt to raw. Women in nxt get real storylines and have actual meaning to matches. On Raw and Smackdown they have some 3 way tag team feud to uh appease Stephanie? Uh shit I really don't remember why but tbh don't care......SKIMPY OUTFITS

My wife laughs, sighs than nods in agreement when divas are on TV and I yell out piss break.

Tonight I expect **** off finishes and a pissed off NY crowd for the main events. Kane interferes and helps taker win and fella cashes in.

The last one ending in a **** off finish doesn't bother me much actually. Another Cena run will be a major deflate and they need to end this Seth Rollins reign. They've ****ed it up horribly.

I don't understand the Rollins run anyway. I don't get the hype around him at all. I'm not pro cena getting another title run, but I'm sick to death of Rollins. At least Sheamus is legit hateable. I nothing Seth. Which is the worst thing to be.

big nasty kcnut 08-23-2015 11:27 AM

That nxt show was money. First Justin liger showed why he was considered one of the best wrestler of all time. That why he held numerous championship. Cena wishes he could be that good. Tyler breeze is a hell of a wrestler and should be on the main roster now!

Then the vaudevillians were old school cool during their match vs Blake and Westley. I have to give up for Alexa bliss for bringing personality to her team. The shocking entrance of blue pants aka Leva Bates was a great surprise. Her character was great as the equalizer.

Then we had Tye Dillinger who is awesome as a heel vs the debuting Apollo crew and Apollo was amazing and loved all his moves he did it smoothly and without straining himself great short match to show what he can do.

Then my boy Barron Corbin from Lenexa Kansas not Kansas city was great during his match with Samoa Joe tho that entrance music sounded a little familiar.

Next we had the divas match and it was nothing short of amazing. Sasha Banks was great as a heel from her entrance to her exposing bayley hand and try to break it she is a star and only going to get bigger while Bayley was amazing from using Sasha own bank statement on her to doing a reverse bayleycarana on Sasha to set up the bayley to belly to win the match. I like the celebration but there is only one four horsewomen and that Ronda Rousey crew.

Finally the main event Kevin Owens was nut to do this match before Sunday but I glad he did and Finn Balor entrance was amazing! I have to say this match was amazing though I thought Kevin was going to do a crazy move off the ladder to Finn but he stop and walked over and punched him what a fakeout. This ppv was top notch and can't wait to see the next one.

Mav 08-23-2015 07:34 PM

Ewww. So months of Stewart and rollins hating each other results in Stewart helping Seth? Yeah. Believe able.

BryanBusby 08-23-2015 07:50 PM

**** me this divas match is an aids river on fire and has gone on for way too ****ing long

Mav 08-23-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11680904)
**** me this divas match is an aids river on fire and has gone on for way too ****ing long

How about that ending. Jesus Christ.

penbrook 08-23-2015 08:53 PM

Someone please kill Vincent Kennedy McMahon right now!!

The Bad Guy 08-23-2015 08:59 PM

I thought it was a completely horrid PPV.

No explanation of Stewart?

The Lesnar ending blew too.

Best match was Owens by far.

BryanBusby 08-23-2015 09:05 PM

The PPV was mostly fine. I will be even okay with the Stewart part if they bother to explain it and it makes sense.

The divas shitbarn and the final finish were super god awful though.

penbrook 08-23-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 11681063)
I thought it was a completely horrid PPV.

No explanation of Stewart?

The Lesnar ending blew too.

Best match was Owens by far.

Tag match was really good. But Takeover > Summerslam

58kcfan89 08-23-2015 09:22 PM

Everything just felt out of whack tonight. Like, it wasn't horrible, but the show as a whole could/should have been a lot better. I love Rollins but WTF was that finish? And it wasn't even the most ****ed finish of the night.

The divas match is exactly what's wrong with most of WWE's shows. If you give me a good story (or at least something on the line) and a reason to get invested, I will. There was absolutely zero investment in this ****ery tag match because there was nothing behind it and no consequences.

I think my expectations were too high for Cesaro-Owens. Expected MOTY candidate, got an above-average match. Are they making Cesaro the men's version of Bayley? Can't win the big one until he finally breaks through (hopefully at the '16 Rumble...) in a big match? And who does Owens move on to? He's lost to Cena clean enough times to not be a legit main event threat but tonight's win was big.

I don't understand where they're going with Rollins, Cena, Taker or Lesnar right now. Or Cesaro or Owens. I mean, shit, do they have any kind of a plan or was it just ZOMG BUYRATEZZZ and they threw a bunch of big names together?

I wouldn't mind seeing Taker-Brock a 3rd time but I really hate rematches at WrestleMania. Maybe do the rubber match at SuvSer & Taker can go out against whomever in Dallas while Lesnar can have a program with someone who needs a boost?

...**** it. I'm gonna go watch Sasha v. Bayley again...

Sassy Squatch 08-23-2015 09:27 PM

Overbooked to hell and back. New Day was spectacular as always though.

BryanBusby 08-23-2015 09:33 PM

Taker and Brock has been done enough now and I really have no desire to see it a third time. The second match said taker is a bitch that has to tap a mans genitals to win.

Unless you're going to do every match against Lesnar in Minnesota, people aren't going to boo him. Stop having him do chickenshit heel stuff.

Don't really care if they never actually build up women's matches, but that shit should of been over in 5 minutes. Do a quick all out brawl, they all got TV time and done.

The rest of the PPV was fine. They got the US title off Cena finally and it's apparent that they are setting up Rollins dropping the world title without looking too awful.

Was real close to being a higher tier quality ppv.

penbrook 08-23-2015 09:47 PM

Rumors are Sting will be on RAW tommorow

58kcfan89 08-23-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11681158)
Taker and Brock has been done enough now and I really have no desire to see it a third time. The second match said taker is a bitch that has to tap a mans genitals to win.

Unless you're going to do every match against Lesnar in Minnesota, people aren't going to boo him. Stop having him do chickenshit heel stuff.

Don't really care if they never actually build up women's matches, but that shit should of been over in 5 minutes. Do a quick all out brawl, they all got TV time and done.

The rest of the PPV was fine. They got the US title off Cena finally and it's apparent that they are setting up Rollins dropping the world title without looking too awful.

Was real close to being a higher tier quality ppv.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with how they've booked Taker. I'm guessing this is to set up his final run and I guess they want him as a heel for that. Whatever.

The women's matches don't necessarily need to be built up, but it would be a shame to waste all that talent they have. For a long time the excuse was that there were only 1 or 2, sometimes 3 women who could actually work. That doesn't fly any more.

I figured they would have had Cena beat Rollins clean then have Sheamus cash in on him. That way Cena can keep that open challenge going for a little while longer and he can feud with Sheamus so I can completely ignore the main event for awhile. Why the shit does Sheamus have that case anyway?

If their goal was to confuse me to the point of having to watch Raw tomorrow, they succeeded. Not sure if that's the best way to get ratings, but I guess it'll do for the time being.

BryanBusby 08-23-2015 10:04 PM

The problem is it looks less like Taker heeling it up and more like an old tired grandpa clinging desperately to what's left of his decaying legacy and he is now fondling Brock Lesnars dick to survive.

They got an excellent performance out of Taker and people would of been totally satisfied with him getting his win and calling it good. Lesnar is still a beast because it took a legend everything in his power to barely scrape it out. Instead he molests Brock and people waited a year and a half for a bullshit finish to a match that was bigger than Wrestlemania......that will conclude.....at Wrestlemania.

Multiply it by the fact they ****ed up the bullshit finish and holy shit it was awful and confusing. Basically nobody at all originally saw taker tap.

They long ago gave up trying to properly book divas and the whole point of all of this was to give them all TV time. This could of been done in 5 or so minutes in a match that went more like the tag title match instead of divas waiting in line for a random spot.

Rollins/Cena was fine. Stewart turning can be easily explained, they finally got an end to Cena holding the US title and they are delaying the fact that Cena will be on his way to surpassing Flair. If they're gonna do it, which they are gonna, the history aspect should be built up better and done in a feud better than LOLIBROKEURNOSE. This wasn't the time for Cena to be champ again and Rollins would of looked like a babyface if he went over Cena cleanly during smarky weekend. This is the one time Rollins should of went over like this.

Rollins will now have to defend multiple titles at NoC and can defend the US title and have a way to keep it while relinquishing the world title without looking like a bitch.

Didn't give a shit for the build up for the IC title and didn't really give a shit for the match or result, so I will refrain from commenting.

The only downside from Ziggler and Rusev is that the angle probably isn't ending and it needs to.

Orton and Shaemus ended how it should of since they need to begin to prop up Shaemus for his title run.

Owens had to go over Cessaro. He had lost far too many matches or they had him walk away and he was nearing the point where he was gonna lose his credibility. Cessaro could look better by taking a loss if they had a great match, which they had. Just didn't look as good because the divas shit totally killed a tired crowd.

Mav 08-23-2015 11:41 PM

BryanBusby bro, you nailed it.

Chromatic 08-24-2015 02:41 AM

I ****ing hate Michael Cole.

The double sit-up with laughter from Brock and Taker should have been amazing but Cole totally shit on it with "OMGZ AN AMAZING MOMENT! AN AMAZING MOMENT!" like the people watching wouldn't ****ing get it if he didn't tell us. They're too busy trying to direct people these moments instead of letting them happen organically.

He absolutely ruins most enjoyment I could get from big match moments these days.

Also, Undertaker ****ing sucks.

BryanBusby 08-24-2015 04:06 AM

The one thing that's getting worse and worse in wrestling is the amount of kick outs that happen from finishing moves. What the **** is the point of having them anymore?

The amount of kickouts that took place in the Main Event was absurd.

Also Michael Cole points out the obvious because Vince is in his ear and assumes wrestling fans are dumb as ****ing hell and won't know if they aren't told. He's mostly correct tbh

Chromatic 08-24-2015 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11681389)
The one thing that's getting worse and worse in wrestling is the amount of kick outs that happen from finishing moves. What the **** is the point of having them anymore?

The amount of kickouts that took place in the Main Event was absurd.

Also Michael Cole points out the obvious because Vince is in his ear and assumes wrestling fans are dumb as ****ing hell and won't know if they aren't told. He's mostly correct tbh

A lot of wrestling fans are dumb as bricks but even they would get a moment like that. This isn't Interstellar. It's a fading legend vs an unstoppable Beast. The story writes and explains itself without any help whatsoever.

BryanBusby 08-24-2015 04:57 AM

Your typical watcher is very casual and doesn't know a lot about the Undertaker, much less the importance of the match for him.