ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339986)

Hammock Parties 09-30-2021 10:05 PM

no photos on kcchiefs.com from today.

wazu 09-30-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15864708)
no photos on kcchiefs.com from today.

Can only assume he relapsed.

Hammock Parties 09-30-2021 10:29 PM

Just none of today's practice at all. Must be a rules thing.

wazu 09-30-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15864726)
Just none of today's practice at all. Must be a rules thing.

Ah, okay maybe not a relapse then.

Simply Red 09-30-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15864079)
Clay had some highlight videos of Bowe years ago.

Ya'll who are badmouthing Bowe right now would be jizzing your pants if that same receiver were on the Chiefs right now. Watch just one of them and see what happens to you.

Big, athletic guy who was among the NFL's best at the WR position in terms of running after the catch and bowling over weak arm-tackling DBs (and even some LBs)?

Yeah. Ya'll would be the Randy Marsh meme.

Bowe was a really fun player and would absolutely have filled a need we're missing right now on offense.

Jesus SNR chill! He sucked generally.

RealSNR 09-30-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15864731)
Jesus SNR chill! He sucked generally.

I'LL CHILL OUT WHEN I ****ING FEEL LIKE IT M8!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Red 09-30-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15864741)
I'LL CHILL OUT WHEN I ****ING FEEL LIKE IT M8!!!!!!!!!!

you win.

BlackOp 10-01-2021 01:21 AM

This is, by far, the most interesting reclamation projection of the Veach era...Suggs was old but still useful in small doses. Bell was a product of the Steelers system...he's never produced anything since leaving. McCoy was declining and ball security kind of neutralized his impact.

Gordon's situation was never about talent, age or contract deputes...it was just self-inflicted ostracization and reliability. He also plays a position that the best QB in the world can directly utilize schematically. He put up crazy numbers without a PMII, Hill and Kelce....and Reid inventing plays for him.

This could be something...barring any off-field set-backs, he can easily be 1000 yard WR. It also royally ****s up what teams are currently doing to defend this offense...

I was kind of looking at his career...he's played 33 games since his 1650 yard year...so essentially only two full seasons and 110 receptions. That's pretty crazy...

Also, his 1650 year was over 14 games...he would have had almost 1900 yards over 16....going by YPG average. That would have put him 2nd all-time behind Megatron....it still netted him 15th in history.

Simply Red 10-01-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15864765)
This is, by far, the most interesting reclamation projection of the Veach era...Suggs was old but still useful in small doses. Bell was a product of the Steelers system...he's never produced anything since leaving. McCoy was declining and ball security kind of neutralized his impact.

Gordon's situation was never about talent, age or contract deputes...it was just self-inflicted ostracization and reliability. He also plays a position that the best QB in the world can directly utilize schematically. He put up crazy numbers without a PMII, Hill and Kelce....and Reid inventing plays for him.

This could be something...barring any off-field set-backs and new found dedication to his craft...he can easily be 1000 yard WR. It also royally ****s up what teams are using to defend this offense...

Hello BlackOp

ChiefaRoo 10-01-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15863867)
I'm really starting to think DB was Clay's first lay out of Jr high

Did Bowe tape Clay to the ‘goalpost’ one crazy night in Minnesota?

Hammock Parties 10-01-2021 08:32 AM

Bowe is no different than someone like Tony Gonzalez. He just had a much worse supporting cast, and didn't have as long a career.

They both had similar levels of good-to-elite production at their best. They both never won a playoff game. But at least Bowe SHOWED UP in one of his playoff games.

But one is viewed completely different than the other because he played with a shit offense for a far greater period of his career.

Bowe's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 6.1, .372, 60.6

TG's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 7.9, 0.4 ,57.6

Oh, and he didn't SHIT ON THE FRANCHISE after he left. So he wins there.

Now go **** yourselves.

jettio 10-01-2021 08:34 AM

I really hope that Josh Gordon plays great and can play for Chiefs a couple of years without getting suspended again, but if these stats are accurate. His receptions per target percentage is suprisingly low for his career, even in his most productive years.

Playing with Mahomes should improve that a lot, but his production in most years is not much better than the guys already in the WR room.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...G/GordJo02.htm

His Yards per Reception is elite.

Gordon is going to have to earn playing time. I think Chiefs WR production will increase, but it will be all the guys, Gordon is not going to have many more catches than the guys already playing.

Hammock Parties 10-01-2021 08:45 AM

Catch percentage was 58.8 when he played with an elite QB on the Patriots.

Sammy Watkins 2019 catch percentage: 57.8.

He's going to be Sammy Watkins II, just not injured, and hopefully more explosive.

BleedingRed 10-01-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15864978)
Catch percentage was 58.8 when he played with an elite QB on the Patriots.

Sammy Watkins 2019 catch percentage: 57.8.

He's going to be Sammy Watkins II, just not injured, and hopefully more explosive.

This,

His catch rate overall includes a bunch of horrible QB's. He is literally a more durable Sammy Watkins in my eyes.

I also think his 40 time is misleading. He is a long strider, I bet he is scooting when at full speed.

Sassy Squatch 10-01-2021 08:53 AM

https://i.redd.it/58jvi7b6vpq71.jpg

rabblerouser 10-01-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15864964)
Bowe is no different than someone like Tony Gonzalez. He just had a much worse supporting cast, and didn't have as long a career.

They both had similar levels of good-to-elite production at their best. They both never won a playoff game. But at least Bowe SHOWED UP in one of his playoff games.

But one is viewed completely different than the other because he played with a shit offense for a far greater period of his career.

Bowe's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 6.1, .372, 60.6

TG's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 7.9, 0.4 ,57.6

Oh, and he didn't SHIT ON THE FRANCHISE after he left. So he wins there.

Now go **** yourselves.

**** Tony G. I think he was overrated. And anytime your best offensive player is a TE, you're ****ed. So, even during the Priest years, we never had a legitimate #1 receiver, always 2 #2s. So...OF COURSE his numbers were great. Trent was trINT when he was trying to throw to WRs. in 2003 and 2004 he fed the ball to TG and the RBs. So Tony G had 104 catches in 2004, just because Trent had NOWHERE else to go with the ball. **** Tony G.

I'm glad Travis Kelce is already the best TE in Chiefs history, working on being the best TE in NFL history. **** Tony G.

Tony G and D Bowe were the same guy.

jd1020 10-01-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15865193)
**** Tony G. I think he was overrated.

https://c.tenor.com/JdOIfMuTNbgAAAAC...om-delonge.gif

So you think instead of being the greatest TE of all time he was maybe the 2nd or 3rd? How the **** was he overrated?????

Red Dawg 10-01-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15865193)
**** Tony G. I think he was overrated. And anytime your best offensive player is a TE, you're ****ed. So, even during the Priest years, we never had a legitimate #1 receiver, always 2 #2s. So...OF COURSE his numbers were great. Trent was trINT when he was trying to throw to WRs. in 2003 and 2004 he fed the ball to TG and the RBs. So Tony G had 104 catches in 2004, just because Trent had NOWHERE else to go with the ball. **** Tony G.

I'm glad Travis Kelce is already the best TE in Chiefs history, working on being the best TE in NFL history. **** Tony G.

Tony G and D Bowe were the same guy.

There are a few outliers. Gronk and Kelce have won the big one and they were the best players on offense outside of QB but I think you are right. Most teams best offensive player is not the TE. Atlanta was insane to take Pitts at 4. Really stupid pick.

Bowe and Tony were not the same guy.

BWillie 10-01-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15865217)
There are a few outliers. Gronk and Kelce have won the big one and they were the best players on offense outside of QB but I think you are right. Most teams best offensive player is not the TE. Atlanta was insane to take Pitts at 4. Really stupid pick.

Bowe and Tony were not the same guy.

Gronk and Kelce have shown that there is more to being a TE than just being a freak athlete. They are both good athletes, and Kelce is a better one but there are plenty of guys who are faster, jump higher, and bigger at TE. They are both good because they understand where to sit down and end routes based on the defense they are facing.

notorious 10-01-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15864991)

MY GOODNESS.

ROFL

Sigh

rabblerouser 10-01-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15865212)

So you think instead of being the greatest TE of all time he was maybe the 2nd or 3rd? How the **** was he overrated?????

BECAUSE HE SHIT ON THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE! **** HIM.

Bowser 10-01-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15865255)
MY GOODNESS.

ROFL

Sigh

No shit. I felt that one in my soul, lol.

RealSNR 10-01-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15865212)

Asshole refused to sign my hat at training camp when I was just a kid.

Nobody else was around. It was his rookie year, before he had done jack ****ing shit in the league. I was just a kid going, "Mr. Gonzalez, could you sign my hat, please?" And the dude thought he was already NFL royalty or some shit.

Asshole gave me a look of contempt like I'm the scum of the earth, turns his back, and walks away.

I've always been cautious about rooting for Gonzalez. I loved all the catches and TDs and big plays he made. But these days I have zero energy for him as a fan, and it all kind of started when he got traded. Deep down, I wanted him to never win a playoff game.

When he's on TV these days and does his, "Geeeeee I don't know I'm loyal to BOTH Atlanta and Kansas City guuuuyyyzzzzz!!" dumb****ery, I have no love for the guy or fond memories.

Honestly, if somebody today said, "Hey, Tony Gonzalez is over there! Want to go talk to him," I'd decline the invitation. Because if I did encounter him, I'd want to kick him square in the nutsack instead of talking to him, and that would probably mean I'd get my ass kicked. So it'd be better if I just turn my back on him the way he turned his back on the kid version of me years ago.

Eat a dick, Tony. I hope October goes nuts and murders you with a kitchen knife.

jd1020 10-01-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15865280)

Who wasn't shitting on the franchise back then?

ToxSocks 10-01-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

That moment you go to Thumb Up a post and realize you already did.

Hoover 10-01-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15865283)

Nobody else was around. It was his rookie year, before he had done jack ****ing shit in the league. I was just a kid going, "Mr. Gonzalez, could you sign my hat, please?" And the dude thought he was already NFL royalty or some shit.

Asshole gave me a look of contempt like I'm the scum of the earth, turns his back, and walks away.

I've always been cautious about rooting for Gonzalez. I loved all the catches and TDs and big plays he made. But these days I have zero energy for him as a fan, and it all kind of started when he got traded. Deep down, I wanted him to never win a playoff game.

When he's on TV these days and does his, "Geeeeee I don't know I'm loyal to BOTH Atlanta and Kansas City guuuuyyyzzzzz!!" dumb****ery, I have no love for the guy or fond memories.

Honestly, if somebody today said, "Hey, Tony Gonzalez is over there! Want to go talk to him," I'd decline the invitation. Because if I did encounter him, I'd want to kick him square in the nutsack instead of talking to him, and that would probably mean I'd get my ass kicked. So it'd be better if I just turn my back on him the way he turned his back on the kid version of me years ago.

Eat a dick, Tony. I hope October goes nuts and murders you with a kitchen knife.

Explains a lot... o:-)

jd1020 10-01-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

I dont have any personal interactions with the guy so I can't say anything about him, but I can understand why someone would have a sour taste in their mouth about someone who did that on a personal level.

From where I'm sitting the guy played the majority of his career with a franchise who's best QB during his playing time was a few years with Trent Green. Not including his rookie year when he didnt start a single game, they had 2 seasons where they made the playoffs, losing both games, and only once won the division. The majority of the time the Chiefs were hovering around .500 or just complete dogshit in his last 2 seasons. With all of that said, he still holds the record for the most Pro-bowl selections for a TE, the most catches, the most yards, and 2nd in TDs. He is without a doubt the greatest TE to ever do it. I can't hate the guy for shitting on the franchise when I was doing it along with everyone else. The franchise sucked. They are only just now redeeming themselves for the ****ing decades of shit.

Red Dawg 10-01-2021 12:18 PM

**** Tong G, Got it but he wasn't better than Gronk. Kelce is!

ToxSocks 10-01-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15865369)
I dont have any personal interactions with the guy so I can't say anything about him, but I can understand why someone would have a sour taste in their mouth about someone who did that on a personal level.

There's a number of stories around CP from Chiefs fans who say something similar regarding TG. While ive never met him, the way he handled his exodus gave credence to the stories shared by Chiefs fans who have met him.

dirk digler 10-01-2021 12:33 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on how Josh Gordon looked this week: &quot;He looks in pretty good shape. He&#39;s got less body fat than I do.&#39;&#39; Adds Gordon won&#39;t play against Eagles.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1444005669611442199?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus 10-01-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

So its not that he was overrated its just that you are a butthurt little bitch. Got it.

Marcellus 10-01-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15865381)
There's a number of stories around CP from Chiefs fans who say something similar regarding TG. While ive never met him, the way he handled his exodus gave credence to the stories shared by Chiefs fans who have met him.

I've probably told this story years ago but my sister was the live in nanny for Will Shields and his wife for several years. She cant say enough good things about them. She met his wife in classes at KC Wesleyan and they became friends and she ended up nannying for them.

Anyway she went to the ProBowl with them in 1997 I think it was and long story short she met some other players there and her least favorite was Derick Thomas. Said was a complete douche.

Maybe he was having bad week. :shrug:

Hammock Parties 10-01-2021 12:49 PM

DT was probably hungover after banging strippers.

BWillie 10-01-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15865432)

I saw Tyson Jackson at Tengo Sed Cantina back in the day the night before a Sunday night game. He was having a good time.

carcosa 10-01-2021 01:13 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about Trent Green, Will Shields, and Tony Richardson. Three all-time sweeties. I've met Tony, Jared Allen, Dante Hall, and Bernard Pollard, and they were all real nice!

Radar Chief 10-01-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

I have had several friends that met Tony in, around KC and to a person they all said the same thing, when the cameras are off he's a total douche bag.
The only ones that sang a different tune were the few that either met him at a "Meet and Greet" or were in advertising and therefore had something to offer him. Those people told me he was quite the gentleman but to the average schmo on the street he's an ass.

Quote:

LMAO I wouldn't go quite that far but I have no use for him and find it funny how now that the Chiefs are contenders he wants to claim a love for Chiefs Kingdom.

TLO 10-01-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15864991)

This is accurate

suzzer99 10-01-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15865462)
I've heard nothing but good things about Trent Green, Will Shields, and Tony Richardson. Three all-time sweeties. I've met Tony, Jared Allen, Dante Hall, and Bernard Pollard, and they were all real nice!

I sat at the same table at some Special Olympics fundraiser thing with Nick Lowery and Mike Bell. It was the Monday after the 1982 strike (when we were scheduled to have our first prime time game in forever that Thursday against Atlanta).

They were both very nice. Nick Lowery spent like an hour explaining the players' position in the strike to my mom.

Nick Lowery left before I could get his autograph. So my mom sent him a letter, and he sent me back a nice autograph that said "Kick as high as you can!' with a drawing of a football going through the goalposts. I wondered if he thought I was one of the special olympians.

RealSNR 10-01-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 15865531)
I have had several friends that met Tony in, around KC and to a person they all said the same thing, when the cameras are off he's a total douche bag.
The only ones that sang a different tune were the few that either met him at a "Meet and Greet" or were in advertising and therefore had something to offer him. Those people told me he was quite the gentleman but to the average schmo on the street he's an ass.

LMAO I wouldn't go quite that far but I have no use for him and find it funny how now that the Chiefs are contenders he wants to claim a love for Chiefs Kingdom.

Okay, maybe the last part was a joke. But I AM rooting like hell for Kelce to break Tony's career marks.

The only likely barrier in his way is longevity. Tony played 17 seasons and stayed 100% healthy for just about all of them.. Travis is on season #9 (really only season #8 since his first year was the injury). He can see a little bit of slow down in his production as he gets older and he'll still likely shatter Tony's marks in receptions and yards. He's behind on TDs, and he'll need 2-3 seasons of double digit TDs to get caught up, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Again, the biggest hurdle is longevity, and that's only because that's a giant unknown. Nobody knows how dudes will age in NFL years. But given his current trajectory, there's nothing else standing in his way.

suzzer99 10-01-2021 02:29 PM

I think the fact that Tony wound up on one of the soulless awful network pregame shows says something. You get paid a ton to sit there and look pretty and say like 50 words the whole hour. At least if you go into broadcasting like Romo you get to express yourself.

I asked a guy who worked in the industry and he estimated Gonzalez gets paid about $2M per year to just sit there. He said they were grooming him to replace Bradshaw as the head guy - whatever that means other than moving over to the left. But i guess that didn't happen.

Renegade 10-01-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15865546)
I sat at the same table at some Special Olympics fundraiser thing with Nick Lowery and Mike Bell. It was the Monday after the 1982 strike (when we were scheduled to have our first prime time game in forever that Thursday against Atlanta).

They were both very nice. Nick Lowery spent like an hour explaining the players' position in the strike to my mom.

Nick Lowery left before I could get his autograph. So my mom sent him a letter, and he sent me back a nice autograph that said "Kick as high as you can!' with a drawing of a football going through the goalposts. I wondered if he thought I was one of the special olympians.

I have that exact autograph on a hat, but I had a buddy get the signature for me. Maybe my buddy said I was a special Olympian?:hmmm:

Eleazar 10-01-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 15865555)

I have that exact autograph on a hat, but I had a buddy get the signature for me. Maybe my buddy said I was a special Olympian?:hmmm:

I have a similar autograph. Maybe he always signed that way, with the Y looking like goalposts and a ball going through it with a dotted line behind.

BossChief 10-01-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Bro, I’ve shared this many times on here, but I went to every training camp from 2002-present (exception being covid 2020) and every year Tony would avoid signing for anyone and even went as far as to mess with the kids at camp by starting to walk over to the crowd of kids chanting his name with outstretched arms asking for moments if his time to sign something they could put on there wall to always remember…he would get 15-20 feet away and then wave and jog off. He was the worst I have ever seen at it. He literally couldn’t give a shit about fans, at all.

Perception isn’t always reality with these guys.

You know who would stay after every practice and take pictures and sign for every kid? Larry Johnson. That dude would still be out there 45 minutes after practice most days. He genuinely loved being a Chief and loved that part of his fandom. It’s a shame he had a drinking problem and made horrible choices when under the influence.

Dante84 10-01-2021 02:45 PM

Nicest Chiefs I've ever met out in the wild were Jamaal and Eric Berry.

Berry was a rookie, recently drafted and before his first training camp, just walking downtown by himself, passing my buddy and I on the sidewalk one afternoon. We were both like "Oh shit! Eric Berry!" and he stopped and talked with us for like 5 minutes, which is really an eternity for that type of scenario. Asked about different places to go, restaurants, parts of town, etc. Was a super cool guy.

Jamaal I've bumped into like 5-6 times both in KC and in Austin, and the few times I've talked to him, he couldn't have been nicer.

BossChief 10-01-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15865568)

Berry was a rookie, recently drafted and before his first training camp, just walking downtown by himself, passing my buddy and I on the sidewalk one afternoon. We were both like "Oh shit! Eric Berry!" and he stopped and talked with us for like 5 minutes, which is really an eternity for that type of scenario. Asked about different places to go, restaurants, parts of town, etc. Was a super cool guy.

Jamaal I've bumped into like 5-6 times both in KC and in Austin, and the few times I've talked to him, he couldn't have been nicer.

I’ll co-sign those, as well. Both were very humble anytime we chatted. Same with Tamba Hali…even though he was a tad hard to understand.

BossChief 10-01-2021 02:56 PM

Another guy that belongs toward the top of the list of best players for fans…Tyreek Hill. Dude LOVES the fans. The security needs to tell him to leave most days because he’d sign all day if allowed. Plus, I’m SHOCKED they haven’t had him run some wildcat packages because dude is VERY accurate as a thrower and we already know how good he is as a runner.

When the QBs end practice with throwing drills, Tyreek routinely slides over after they’re done and does the same drills for the fans and is exceptional as a passer.

Chris Jones is also amazing with the fans. He will borrow a fans phones snd do a 40 second video getting the crowd pumped up before posing with them on the video and taking a selfie before giving the phone back…not since covid protocols, but I e seen him do this 3 or 4 times.

ChiefBlueCFC 10-01-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15862394)
DRob would be running backwards from the bag with the bag chasing after him.

I still can't get over DRob catching a pass at the 26 yard line and then running backwards immediately for a -5 yard RAC I wasn't even mad... I just laughed becuase I've exhausted all other emotions and reactions to him

Sassy Squatch 10-01-2021 03:15 PM

gf is prego

we like to get kinky anyways

one night things get particularly saucy

i'm sticking my noodle in her when I notice weird ****ing chunks coming out, so I turn on the lights

wtf it's red everywhere and she's obviously not on her period

i look up at her, she's got a glassy, jarred look on her face and she's not answering

ohshitohshitohshitohshit

i rush her into my car and speed all the way to the hospital

she's still bleeding everywhere

by the time we get there, she's not bleeding much anymore, but all the color has drained and she looks colorless and almost transparent

oh shit, she looks like she's in a vegetative state

storm into to the emergency room, cary her to the nearest doctor and explain eveything

he takes one look at her and says

"sir, i'm sorry, there's nothing we can do"

"WHY THE **** NOT???"

"we don't operate on empty jars of spaghetti sauce"

ToxSocks 10-01-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15865628)
gf is prego

i'm sticking my noodle in her when I notice weird ****ing chunks coming out, so I turn on the lights

i look up at her, she's got a glassy, jarred look on her face and she's not answering

ohshitohshitohshitohshit

by the time we get there, she's not bleeding much anymore, but all the color has drained and she looks colorless and almost transparent

storm into to the emergency room, cary her to the nearest doctor and explain eveything

"WHY THE **** NOT???"

Oh.

KCUnited 10-01-2021 03:31 PM

**** it, Gordon’s butt cheeks down there somewhere. /mahomes

-King- 10-01-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15865546)

LMAO LMAO I didn't see that last sentence coming.

-King- 10-01-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15865628)
gf is prego

ohshitohshitohshitohshit

"WHY THE **** NOT???"

Ok.

smithandrew051 10-01-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15865568)

Berry was a regular when I worked on Main Street. Super nice guy.

He would stay and talk. He would even ask about my family and plans for the weekend/holiday.

Completely humble.

-King- 10-01-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15865679)
Berry was a regular when I worked on Main Street. Super nice guy.

He would stay and talk. He would even ask about my family and plans for the weekend/holiday.

Completely humble.

It saddens me that so many people hate him now because of his last season.

ToxSocks 10-01-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15865758)

Me too. It's not his freaking fault cancer broke his body down.

He was clearly done. He probably had no business being on the team that last season.

KChiefs1 10-01-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15863559)
I was watching a lot of Josh Gordon last night. After watching some of his interviews etc, it's easy to see why he gets so many 2nd chances.

When people think of addicts they think of introverts, dummies, someone who may have a disheveled personality. Images of "thugs" (****ing hate that word) may creep into your head.

Gordon is smart. Charismatic. Takes ownership. Articulate. He's honest. It's easy to see why people would view him as a good guy that fell into bad circumstances and could be helped.

Hard Knocks showed him to be pretty smart. Drugs are powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 10-01-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15863820)
We’d all be rightfully ecstatic to have prime Bowe here right now

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3oz8x...WbFC/giphy.gif

Bump 10-01-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15865770)
Me too. It's not his freaking fault cancer broke his body down.

He was clearly done. He probably had no business being on the team that last season.

ya I agree with that. Berry could have gone down as one of the greatest. Cancer, injuries derailed his career. But when he was healthy, he was GREAT.

staylor26 10-01-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Yea, it’s one thing to be annoyed at the time by all of it, but it’s another to hate the guy because of it.

tredadda 10-01-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15865870)
ya I agree with that. Berry could have gone down as one of the greatest. Cancer, injuries derailed his career. But when he was healthy, he was GREAT.

He was elite until his body failed him. He would have been an all timer.

Chris Meck 10-02-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15865773)
Hard Knocks showed him to be pretty smart. Drugs are powerful.

A big part of it is that our society views addiction as a moral failing.

rabblerouser 10-02-2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15865432)

Been there.

duncan_idaho 10-02-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15866124)
A big part of it is that our society views addiction as a moral failing.

Lack of empathy.

For those who do NOT struggle with addiction, it’s easy to compare themself and their choices to an addict and judge them weak or inadequate because they can’t just … not … like it may be easy for the non-addict.

We’re a square hole society. Too many squares do not accept the differences in the round pegs.

rabblerouser 10-02-2021 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15865446)
I saw Tyson Jackson at Tengo Sed Cantina back in the day the night before a Sunday night game. He was having a good time.

Makes sense to me. He always played like he had been up all night partying.

rabblerouser 10-02-2021 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15866133)
Lack of empathy.

It's more than that. There is a severe lack of understanding about addiction and how it works.

duncan_idaho 10-02-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15866137)
It's more than that. There is a severe lack of understanding about addiction and how it works.

True. Lack of empathy prevents many from seeking to understand, too.

New World Order 10-02-2021 07:56 AM

If safeties are going to play high and play us conservative, quick slants and screens to Gordon will be there all ****ing day

TEX 10-02-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15866183)
If safeties are going to play high and play us conservative, quick slants and screens to Gordon will be there all ****ing day

Would be great to be able to do that along with having a RB who could break tackles and take it to the house with the Safeties out if the way...

New World Order 10-02-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15866201)
Would be great to be able to do that along with having a RB who could break tackles with the Safeties out if the way...

Clyde can break tackles he just doesn’t have the speed to turn a 10-yard gain into a house call.

BigRedChief 10-02-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15865563)
Bro, I’ve shared this many times on here, but I went to every training camp from 2002-present (exception being covid 2020) and every year Tony would avoid signing for anyone and even went as far as to mess with the kids at camp by starting to walk over to the crowd of kids chanting his name with outstretched arms asking for moments if his time to sign something they could put on there wall to always remember…he would get 15-20 feet away and then wave and jog off. He was the worst I have ever seen at it. He literally couldn’t give a shit about fans, at all.

Perception isn’t always reality with these guys.

These type of experiences are told many times, so the general idea of these interactions with him have to be true.

I have a total different experience with Tony G. that I've also posted on here several times. I did some work for his charity while doing some Chiefs Coalition stuff. I spent hours with him. I went to his home on the plaza 3 times. October brought me drinks while we were planning logistics of the charity event, couldn't have been nicer having a stranger in her home. I saw him at the charity events sign everything for a long time. Just my experience.

JakeF 10-02-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

People aren't mad at Berry for his last season. Berry came back from Cancer and had 3 good season. 2 under contract, 1 under a tagged contract.

He got pissed because the team didn't offer him as much as he thought he was worth. He got pissed because the team wanted him to take out an insurance policy about future Cancer. He was insulted. Berry went to Reid and got him to go over John Dorsey's head. Clark Hunt flew up to KC and negotiated the contract. Dorsey wanted to keep Houston, Reid kept Berry instead and got Dorsey fired.

Reid/Hunt agreed to a contract with Berry for 6yrs/78m w/40 million guaranteed.

Berry played 3 more games as a chiefs after signing huge contract. He retiring, leaving 8m per year in year in dead money for the next 2 years.

He also made the comment in his last season that seems to sum up his desire to play anymore after getting paid. "I felt like I probably could have come back last week(from heal injury)but I'm hesitant, didn't feel it in my spirit so I just said I'll wait"

That's why the fans are pissed, he fought for a big contract, created a battler between the HC and GM, then quit immediately. Played 3 games for like 40 million dollars.

Let's not just wash over all the other crap that happen. It wasn't just 1 year.

chiefzilla1501 10-02-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 15866211)
People aren't mad at Berry for his last season. Berry came back from Cancer and had 3 good season. 2 under contract, 1 under a tagged contract.

He got pissed because the team didn't offer him as much as he thought he was worth. He got pissed because the team wanted him to take out an insurance policy about future Cancer. He was insulted. Berry went to Reid and got him to go over John Dorsey's head. Clark Hunt flew up to KC and negotiated the contract. Dorsey wanted to keep Houston, Reid kept Berry instead and got Dorsey fired.

Reid/Hunt agreed to a contract with Berry for 6yrs/78m w/40 million guaranteed.

Berry played 3 more games as a chiefs after signing huge contract. He retiring, leaving 8m per year in year in dead money for the next 2 years.

He also made the comment in his last season that seems to sum up his desire to play anymore after getting paid. "I felt like I probably could have come back last week(from heal injury)but I'm hesitant, didn't feel it in my spirit so I just said I'll wait"

That's why the fans are pissed, he fought for a big contract, created a battler between the HC and GM, then quit immediately. Played 3 games for like 40 million dollars.

Let's not just wash over all the other crap that happen. It wasn't just 1 year.

That might fly if he ditched us and went to another team. His sudden disappearance from football makes me think there's something way deeper. I think the injuries ****ed him up mentally just as much as physically.

Red Dawg 10-02-2021 08:42 AM

Berry **** the Chiefs and made no effort to play. He's an asshole.

rtmike 10-02-2021 08:43 AM

I thought i remember him visiting the Colts.
Thought I read a blurb about him possibly reuniting with Houston since they was buddies?

TEX 10-02-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15866204)
Clyde can break tackles he just doesn’t have the speed to turn a 10-yard gain into a house call.

Clyde does not break many. What he does is carry the pile forward for a few yards after he gets caught by everyone.

rabblerouser 10-02-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 15866225)
I thought i remember him visiting the Colts.
Thought I read a blurb about him possibly reuniting with Houston since they was buddies?

Cowboys. He didn't sign

rico 10-02-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15866223)
That might fly if he ditched us and went to another team. His sudden disappearance from football makes me think there's something way deeper. I think the injuries ****ed him up mentally just as much as physically.

I wonder if that’s why he acts like he has some “fear of horses?”

MahomesMagic 10-02-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15866183)

Mahomes loves throwing those quick slants to Kelce.

Imagine having 2 chain movers in the middle of the field....

Chiefspants 10-02-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15866237)
Cowboys. He didn't sign

Colts were a rumor, too.

I think it's clear his body is done. He and his agent made a big deal about coming back "stronger than ever" in both 2020 and 2021 and he didn't sign with the teams he was connected to.

I remember during the 2019 season a doctor had commented on Berry that our bodies sometimes don't heal the same way after extensive chemo. I just don't think he ever bounced back from his achilles tear and he could never play with the same intensity.

The idea that he planned to bounce after signing the contract doesn't hold water with me. The dude erased Gronk his prime in one of his greatest performances ever. I just don't think his body was able to recover from that injury that day. The Chiefs recognized that and cut him, and they were called "cold" at the time, but the fact he hasn't signed since shows that this was the right call.

Redbled 10-02-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15866237)
Cowboys. He didn't sign

Where the Colts stuff may have come from.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/2/...ety-eric-berry