ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas (Post 14132265)
There have been 2 or 3 guys that I haven't been able to find in the system, like Julian Edelman.

weird, I can't find him either

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

There have been 2 or 3 guys that I haven't been able to find in the system, like Julian Edelman.

He had to have been stashed on a roster already.

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132272)
He had to have been stashed on a roster already.

i searched that

Rain Man 03-03-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14132275)
i searched that

If a guy wasn't on an opening day roster, he won't be in this list and he'll come available in the free agency period. I think Edelman was suspended for being a cheating Patriot to start the season, wasn't he? That would explain it.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 09:48 AM

And now Enid screws me. We agree to a deal, he picks anyway.

****ing amateur hour in this bitch...

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 09:50 AM

Not gonna lie it's super easy to ignore your trade options when there's no popup or email notification.

Rain Man 03-03-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132308)
Not gonna lie it's super easy to ignore your trade options when there's no popup or email notification.

Email is our bane in this system so far. I think cdcox is tackling the problem.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14132314)

A simple popup like CP does with PMs would suffice for me.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 10:46 AM

I'm guessing you all hate me for that pick.

https://media.tenor.com/images/148fa...bd06/tenor.gif

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 10:48 AM

That disturbance you felt was the addition of !@#$ing Fitzmagic to the Cards...

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 11:15 AM

It's snowing in KC...just get on the computer and pick, fools

cdcox 03-03-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Players not listed were not on an NFL active roster on opening day. Julian "roids" Edelman falls into that category.

cdcox 03-03-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132318)
A simple popup like CP does with PMs would suffice for me.

?? CP has a pm message notification in the upper right corner, no pop-up. At least on my configuration.

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132416)
It's snowing in KC...just get on the computer and pick, fools

85 and sunny here, bitch.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132434)
?? CP has a pm message notification in the upper right corner, no pop-up. At least on my configuration.

Yeah maybe I used to get pops and no longer do, or maybe it's a popup blocker thing.

cdcox 03-03-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14132314)

Whoops, never coded to send the email. My bad. Easy fix.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132435)
85 and sunny here, bitch.

Posts on CP while his pick is up....still takes an hour....

wheeler08 03-03-2019 11:44 AM

If anyone in the next few picks wants to fall back a few spots, shoot me a deal

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 11:45 AM

So, about the sim:

1) How much of a difference can we see in performance from players playing outside of the position or scheme they're listed? Lane Johnson at LT instead of RT for instance? Von Miller in a 4-3?

2) Bench players who ended up performing well in starting roles. Damien Williams, for instance. Could someone take him and start him as a workhorse for the entire 16-game season and expect similar results to the handful of games he started?

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132464)
If anyone in the next few picks wants to fall back a few spots, shoot me a deal

What would you want to trade up to 162

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132448)
Posts on CP while his pick is up....still takes an hour....

I'm literally going to take an hour for every one of my picks just to keep seeing you cry about it.

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132472)
I'm literally going to take an hour for every one of my picks just to keep seeing you cry about it.

Petty as ****

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 11:51 AM

If anybody else would like to agree to a trade with me and then make your !#@$ing pick anyway, I'm still listening as well.

Would do a later round pick swap to move up from 163 or give up a 16th round pick outright. That's still during the 'need a starter' rounds so there's some solid value there.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132466)
Could someone take him and start him as a workhorse for the entire 16-game season and expect similar results to the handful of games he started?

No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 11:59 AM

Has anyone tried the trade block page? I guess its just type in the blank instead of any kind of drop down menu and I don't see a way to save it or anything. I entered in Alex Smith, available for anything and then there's no way of saving it that I see.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132483)
No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.

Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...

cdcox 03-03-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132492)
Has anyone tried the trade block page? I guess its just type in the blank instead of any kind of drop down menu and I don't see a way to save it or anything. I entered in Alex Smith, available for anything and then there's no way of saving it that I see.

Apparently broke.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132520)
Apparently broke.

Yeah, I tried to shop Direckshun's whore of a mother for a late round pick and sadly got no takers. I figured it had to be a problem with the board because CP knows that Direckshun's whore of a mother is worth at LEAST a developmental guard prospect or something...

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132483)
No.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132494)
Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...

I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132527)
Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

No...if they didn't get 250 carries during the season they're not going to have the same production rate as if they did.

I'm pretty sure the sim engine isn't detailed enough to break things down by "starts" either, vs games. Which would be a foolhardy bit of programming anyway, because even if you start a game it doesn't mean you necessarily carried any sort of workload.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..

He had 270 touches...pretty sure you're going to be fine giving him a starter's role.

Keep in mind though, cdcox has built in a very nice feature...if you give a RB more than....I don't think he gave us an exact number but I'm sure it's around 325-350....if you Larry Johnson a guy the next year he comes back not as effective.

brorth 03-03-2019 12:26 PM

So much of it is your game plan, too. In league 2, I experimented with Cam Newton. I set my formation to a 5 wide almost exclusively. I had Cam run out of the formation something like 90% of the time. If I remember right, he rushed for 954 yards.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

The reason I didn't take Kamara was my belief that the SIM would notice how much his raw efficiency degraded this season when he was asked to carry more of the load.

Kamara wasn't as good this year as he was as a rookie. He was still excellent, but he wasn't a world-ender like he would be had you pro-rated his 2017 production over a full season's workload.

My expectation (read: hope) is that a bellcow season from Kamara is treated differently than just rating up his 2017 season for add'l carries. Because if it doesn't, I made a biiiiiig mistake passing on him in the 1st.

Titty Meat 03-03-2019 12:47 PM

Put her on auto draft because who the **** gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season

wheeler08 03-03-2019 12:53 PM

Yea I took Zeke over Kamara because of Kamara splitting so much with Ingram.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14132571)
Put her on auto draft because who the **** gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season

Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14132571)

You can't be serious.

Vernon is average trash who will probably be injured if we even play.

Just chill in the loser conference.

It's too bad you couldn't get your ass out of bed. The early bird gets the worm:

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Kd3cLULiB6hO/giphy.gif

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132584)
Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!

Yup.

2 babies, a puppy and a 5 yr old. I was in the midst of my best sales pitch over the sounds of a wailing puppy (and winning) when I got cock-blocked by the 5 year old.

God dammit kid, I put you to bed at 9 last night and fully expected that to yield dividends this morning. What the hell are you doing up at 7?

So sadly, I'd have been ready to make my pick...

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132594)
You can't be serious.

Any conference that is carrying the dead weight of the South Division doesn't get to call the other a 'loser conference'.

I mean can we just preemptively relegate the South Division to the AAF?

Titty Meat 03-03-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

You can't be serious.

86 grade by PFF you're ****ed

wheeler08 03-03-2019 01:03 PM

Those cold blooded ****ers will cockblock in a heartbeat! I got in 2 rounds in between the 3 year old coming in our room for a drink at 10pm. Pretty proud of myself!

Titty Meat 03-03-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132584)

Oh my. I didnt even get home til about 1:30 watching those horrible fights

wheeler08 03-03-2019 01:04 PM

Is AustinChief the owner of CP? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14132602)
86 grade by PFF you're ****ed

LMAO

You're the Mark Davis of Sandbox.

cdcox 03-03-2019 01:11 PM

Trade block working.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132616)
LMAO

You're the Mark Davis of Sandbox.

If someone wants to routinely stay the !@#$ away from my draft board, you'd best by God let them.

You keep doing you, Billay. Don't you let Clay convince you to start taking guys who don't suck.

cdcox 03-03-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brorth (Post 14132544)
So much of it is your game plan, too. In league 2, I experimented with Cam Newton. I set my formation to a 5 wide almost exclusively. I had Cam run out of the formation something like 90% of the time. If I remember right, he rushed for 954 yards.

That is on the list of fixes to make.

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

You can't be serious.

It's too bad you couldn't get your ass out of bed. The early bird gets the worm:

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Kd3cLULiB6hO/giphy.gif

What's this gif have to do with anything?

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132625)

I believe it has something to do with the 3-fingered geriatric that Clay's all excited about drafting...

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132622)

I thought you guys already dealt with that. My memory was that someone tried it and ended up running like 35 reverses to his WRs.

Maybe that was a theory that was discussed but never actually happened.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132617)
Trade block working.

Yea its weird how theres nothing to click to save or anything, but it did work.

cdcox 03-03-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132629)
I thought you guys already dealt with that. My memory was that someone tried it and ended up running like 35 reverses to his WRs.

Maybe that was a theory that was discussed but never actually happened.

Those came to light after the last Sim season. Haven't touched the simulator since, but that will change.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132632)
Those came to light after the last Sim season. Haven't touched the simulator since, but that will change.

FIX YO SHIT!

brorth 03-03-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14132622)

lol, I almost added that it pissed you off enough that you vowed to fix it...

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132625)

That's my stud DE JPP

cdcox 03-03-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brorth (Post 14132640)
lol, I almost added that it pissed you off enough that you vowed to fix it...

Not mad at all. Just trying to make the game more realistic.

lewdog 03-03-2019 02:08 PM

I like another pick somewhere in the area of my other 2 coming up

MagicHef 03-03-2019 02:21 PM

What happens if autodraft is on but my board is empty?

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 14132685)
What happens if autodraft is on but my board is empty?

The Sandbox algorithm appears to have some order of players and will pick someone for you.

Sadly, it will almost certainly not be a punter...

MagicHef 03-03-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132688)
The Sandbox algorithm appears to have some order of players and will pick someone for you.

Sadly, it will almost certainly not be a punter...

Does the pick happen immediately or after my time is up?

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 14132690)

That I do not know. I would guess immediately since the auto-pick is on.

cdcox 03-03-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 14132690)

I haven't tested that, but the coding logic says it should wait until end of hour.

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 02:35 PM

Van Noy, Edmunds, Leonard as my linebackers. Damn son

wheeler08 03-03-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14132700)
Van Noy, Edmunds, Leonard as my linebackers. Damn son

WTF I thought we were gonna make a trade? Guy after you stole my guy:cuss:

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 02:39 PM

Now I'm gonna go waaaaaay off the draft board. Y'all probably don't know him now, but I think you'll know him soon...

Columbia takes: Marlon Humphrey, CB - Baltimore

He looked amazing at times last season; like a genuine #1 guy. At 22 as a high-pedigree pick (I really liked him out of Alabama) who appeared to find his footing and develop well last season, I'm excited about who he can be. He has pretty much the perfect build for a CB and outstanding agility/speed.

Ward/Humphrey as my CB due for the next 7-8 years is gonna be something special. I probably could've waited another round to make that pick but he was the one guy on my board who I'd have been genuinely irritated to have missed out on because I think people are sleeping on him...but it only takes one other guy to !@#$ me and that CB has gotten awfully thin, awfully fast.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132703)
WTF I thought we were gonna make a trade? Guy after you stole my guy:cuss:

So it appears I could NOT have waited another round...

I had 2 !@#$ing trades put together to go up and get this guy exclusively out of fear that someone else had found their way to him. Guess that all worked out alright afterall.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132705)
So it appears I could NOT have waited another round...

Nope I've been trying to trade up to get him.

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132706)
Nope I've been trying to trade up to get him.

Oh damn - you're sitting at 164.

Yeah...that's gotta sting a bit.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132709)
Oh damn - you're sitting at 164.

Yeah...that's gotta sting a bit.

you could say that

wheeler08 03-03-2019 02:51 PM

On top of that I've been on and off here since 7am to make that pick, and every person took an hour to make their pick except the 2 guys in front of me

lewdog 03-03-2019 02:52 PM

**** you Flacco!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the computer treats shitty QBs who are now paired with decent WRs. Very little hope I would think.

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 02:53 PM

I never agreed to a trade lol sorry dude. I just wanted to stay where I'm at

Hammock Parties 03-03-2019 02:55 PM

183 and 191 coming up!

excited!

giggity!

wheeler08 03-03-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14132719)
I never agreed to a trade lol sorry dude. I just wanted to stay where I'm at

My bad, I thought when you said we were good, that meant the offer was good.

wheeler08 03-03-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14132721)
183 and 191 coming up!

excited!

giggity!

You better wait to get excited tomorrow....

TambaBerry 03-03-2019 03:00 PM

Man this went super fast

wheeler08 03-03-2019 03:02 PM

Holy Shit, what just happened!!

wheeler08 03-03-2019 03:04 PM

Well I got the RT I was waiting for, would have been a good day to get the CB I wanted.

Thanks Virus for not taking an hour!

DJ's left nut 03-03-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14132734)
Holy Shit, what just happened!!

If it makes you feel any better, I was set to go after Moton on the off chance I ever got around to drafting offensive players...

wheeler08 03-03-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14132741)
If it makes you feel any better, I was set to go after Moton on the off chance I ever got around to drafting offensive players...

It doesn't....lol

I'm trying to keep balance, as opposed to loading up on one side. That was always my madden strategy.