ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *****Official Formula 1 Thread******* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271074)

HIChief 06-30-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9785190)
Well, the British GP was a farce. Nothing like tires exploding to spice up a race...

I kind of got discouraged after both my favorites were "blown" out of the race--Hamilton and Masa. Fortunately, it wasn't a total loss, as Vettle and RedBull finally got that dose of bad luck Alonzo said they were due for. And, Nico Rosberg added another win to his 2013 campaign. Gotta hand it to Weber too. That was a brilliant comeback from a lousy start. Though I guess you could argue the cautions helped him.

chefsos 06-30-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Well, the British GP was a farce. Nothing like tires exploding to spice up a race...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this thread it must be spelled, "tyres". :)

Anyway, I was watching this race this morning, with Spanish commentary and the typically cryptic F1 graphics, so I was even more clueless about what was going on than I usually am. I couldn't even figure out where they were. I did guess, "Silverstone, maybe..." to myself, so yay me.

The commentators were having a good laugh about Vettel breaking, though. I understood that.

KC native 06-30-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Just finished it a couple mintues ago. Holy shit. Pirelli really screwed the pooch. Glad to see a dnf for vettel though.

chefsos 11-03-2013 08:05 AM

Nonsensical Bump!

Just about every Sunday morning I'll flip through the bullshit on TV and often land on F1 on one of my five Spanish language channels (blow me Comcast) and I'll play a little game called, "Where the hell are they this week?"

Well, it's just past halfway through and the place looks kind of exotic, the sun has set and they are night racing. That in and of itself is pretty awesome; never saw that before. So, I guess it's in the Far East. Singapore, maybe? I'm not gonna Google it for a while.

Spoiler!

chefsos 11-03-2013 08:11 AM

Eh, I think I've got time differences all screwed up. It's probably Monday morning in the Far East. I also see Arabic writing on some signage. So, like, Bahrain or something. Final answer.

Dylan 11-24-2013 11:55 AM

NBC

Vettel wins fourth World Championship and wins historic ninth consecutive race win in a season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix

Vettel, 26 is the youngest four-time Formula 1 champion.

WhawhaWhat 12-29-2013 04:21 PM

Michael Schumacher in critical condition after skiing accident

Michael Schumacher, the most successful driver in Formula One history, is in critical condition after suffering "severe head trauma" in a skiing accident in the French Alps on Sunday, hospital officials said.

KC native 12-29-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10317248)

Michael Schumacher, the most successful driver in Formula One history, is in critical condition after suffering "severe head trauma" in a skiing accident in the French Alps on Sunday, hospital officials said.

Sucks. Schumi is who got me into F1. Hope he ends up being ok.

alpha_omega 12-29-2013 10:41 PM

Wow! hope it turns out ok for him.

GloryDayz 12-29-2013 10:44 PM

Stunning news. Wow... Awesome race car driver, sad news...

Dylan 12-29-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10317248)

Beyond words, how sad.

Prison Bitch 05-22-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9609047)
He is right about Alonso. He is the best driver out there IMO. Vettel is a phenom but Adrian Newey has given him the best car by far for the last 3 years. Ferrari gave Alonso chicken shit to start the year last year and he still managed to challenge for a championship. If ol' Crashy McCrasherson, Romain Grosjean, hadn't put him out on the first lap of one of Alonso's DNFs then Alonso may have won the championship last year.f Adrian Newey's aerodynamic dominance which I think is good for the sport.

Alonso is taking on Indianapolis this Sunday. Never has run an oval, and nothing at these speeds (230mph laps).

He has been flawless in practice and in qualifying, he's in the middle of Row 2. I don't follow F1 at all but whoever this guy is, he's a goddamn badass.

eDave 05-22-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12884453)
Alonso is taking on Indianapolis this Sunday. Never has run an oval, and nothing at these speeds (230mph laps).

He has been flawless in practice and in qualifying, he's in the middle of Row 2. I don't follow F1 at all but whoever this guy is, he's a goddamn badass.

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...bobby_alig.jpg

Demonpenz 05-22-2017 01:04 PM

Yeah Alonzo was the best driver in the best league in the world twice. He is the goods. Monza is a track that has little to no turns so it's not like it's too tough to tame indy for him.

Dylan 05-28-2017 10:53 AM

We have a Formula 1 thread LMAO

Holy Shit!

Ferrari P1 and P2

First time in 16-years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throw some water on your face!

What posiition is Alonso in - in the Indy 500?