ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

O.city 03-20-2019 08:35 AM

Everyone wants sexy, but when your qb is getting his dick knocked in we want OL.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 08:36 AM

Not the guy that staylor26 and I had discussed but I could see it happening and I think I’m good with it.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170094)
Not the guy that staylor26 and I had discussed but I could see it happening and I think I’m good with it.

I'll give you my Spags pick when it goes off the board. I almost went that route anyway and fully expected to last night. Had Marco made his pick and not left the possibility of me getting sniped out there, I might've spent another 10 minutes and changed my mind again.

I'll give my my other offensive pick as well when he goes. That one would've been even harder to defend but doable.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170090)
Everyone wants sexy, but when your qb is getting his dick knocked in we want OL.

Mahomes can make due with average Tackle play but man there's just so much that can go wrong when your interior line gets detonated. And if necessary, Bradbury can slide to G in a pinch. With LDT's health history and Erving being shitty, a little versatility on the interior can't hurt either.

I think people attribute a lot of our offense's steady productivity post-Hunt to Williams being a solid replacement and there's a little truth to that. But that's also right around the time we got Morse back and he's just so damn good in pass pro that I think he was a HUGE part of Mahomes ability to keep the offensive thriving even after Hunt was gone.

We'd have really seen a drop-off with Williams back there had Morse not also returned to boost our pass-pro at around the same time. With Bradbury stepping in over the fringe/average work of Reiter, we don't have to worry about that.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 08:47 AM

I was just playing the outraged fan role is all

O.city 03-20-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170102)
Mahomes can make due with average Tackle play but man there's just so much that can go wrong when your interior line gets detonated. And if necessary, Bradbury can slide to G in a pinch. With LDT's health history and Erving being shitty, a little versatility on the interior can't hurt either.

I think people attribute a lot of our offense's steady productivity post-Hunt to Williams being a solid replacement and there's a little truth to that. But that's also right around the time we got Morse back and he's just so damn good in pass pro that I think he was a HUGE part of Mahomes ability to keep the offensive thriving even after Hunt was gone.

We'd have really seen a drop-off with Williams back there had Morse not also returned to boost our pass-pro at around the same time. With Bradbury stepping in over the fringe/average work of Reiter, we don't have to worry about that.

Yes, I made a post similar to this before you did, so I win.

But on a serious note, I agree. Everyone is gonna freak out about it, but I wouldn't be upset if 2 of those first 3 picks were offensive.

If you could get Bradburry and a Rb with an edge rusher in the first 3 picks, i'd be fine with it. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Probably wait til 3 for a RB and take a corner with the 2nd.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 08:49 AM

Trade back at that point if that’s how it fell (I know y’all aren’t doing trades). Bradbury is a terrific pick I just hate it

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170113)
Yes, I made a post similar to this before you did, so I win.

But on a serious note, I agree. Everyone is gonna freak out about it, but I wouldn't be upset if 2 of those first 3 picks were offensive.

If you could get Bradburry and a Rb with an edge rusher in the first 3 picks, i'd be fine with it. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Probably wait til 3 for a RB and take a corner with the 2nd.

And I think people are just sleeping on the CB depth in this draft. There are guys who's names I've NEVER heard on this board that I think should be in third round consideration.

CB is so deep. There isn't a day 1 stud in all likelihood, but there are a few guys that can come in and play credibly right away as well as guys with stud tools who COULD be elite in a year or two.

And maybe the 1st is when you take one of those because you get the extra 'redshirt' season from them. I'd listen to the argument that you should take a raw corner with huge skills here and hope to have him ready to rock by next season to replace Fuller or Breeland then get 4 quality seasons before you have to pay for him.

But I think we had a better combination of immediate playability, long-term potential and short/long term need in Bradbury.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170124)
And I think people are just sleeping on the CB depth in this draft. There are guys who's names I've NEVER heard on this board that I think should be in third round consideration.

CB is so deep. There isn't a day 1 stud in all likelihood, but there are a few guys that can come in and play credibly right away as well as guys with stud tools who COULD be elite in a year or two.

And maybe the 1st is when you take one of those because you get the extra 'redshirt' season from them. I'd listen to the argument that you should take a raw corner with huge skills here and hope to have him ready to rock by next season to replace Fuller or Breeland then get 4 quality seasons before you have to pay for him.

But I think we had a better combination of immediate playability, long-term potential and short/long term need in Bradbury.

That's one of the hopeful benefits of Bradbury. You aren't getting that type of player at Corner or Safety year one. It's unlikely atleast.

The thing with corner/safety is you could get a guy like Long from Michigan who's a sparq hardon waiting to happen in round 2 and he develops into Chris Harris or Thornhill who's Byron Jones in year 2.

It's not sexy, but it doesn't have to be. Picking at the end of round 1, people need to get over sexy.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170115)
Trade back at that point if that’s how it fell (I know y’all aren’t doing trades). Bradbury is a terrific pick I just hate it

Nah, I'd still stay put. Nobody is ever willing to give up what I'd require to leave the 1st. I put a disproportionate amount of value on the 5th year option, especially the cheap ones at the back of the 1st (and especially when you'll have that option in a year AFTER the new CBA when player value could have absolutely exploded).

There is one contingency that I'll speak to when it's gone that could put a bit of a wrinkle in this draft. I suspect I won't have to wait long to unveil it, but it's one that MIGHT be able to get me that extra 2nd that I'd demand in order to move out. If I could make that trade down for this team's 2nd, next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I might do it.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:58 AM

Bradbury is a pick every would hate at the time, but in 2 years when he's an all pro we'd love it.

I get it, it sucks from an excitement standpoint but you had your fill of excitement in 2017. Batton down the hatches and lets build

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170131)
Nah, I'd still stay put. Nobody is ever willing to give up what I'd require to leave the 1st. I put a disproportionate amount of value on the 5th year option, especially the cheap ones at the back of the 1st (and especially when you'll have that option in a year AFTER the new CBA when player value could have absolutely exploded).

There is one contingency that I'll speak to when it's gone that could put a bit of a wrinkle in this draft. I suspect I won't have to wait long to unveil it, but it's one that MIGHT be able to get me that extra 2nd that I'd demand in order to move out. If I could make that trade down for this team's 2nd, next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I might do it.

That’s where I’m at. If it’s the right trade down. I’m not saying trade to trade. I do love the 5th year option. KC sure could use it if they stayed and picked Jones.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 09:10 AM

in real life I dont think he would even be there with our pick

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170102)

It’s like people forget about Aaron Donald ruining our interior line or New England in the first half.

It’s really not a bad pick at all. Teams are trying to get pressure in the A gap as much as possible these days. Having someone like Bradbury makes that a whole hell of a lot easier on Mahomes.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:35 AM

The way that Veach attacked this offseason....he's either preparing to trade up and get the player that he wants in the 1st round (DE) or he's fine with taking the BPA available at 29....even if it's an offensive player.