ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lucky to be alive, just spent 3 weeks in ICU! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315958)

GloryDayz 09-15-2018 05:55 PM

Rest Roy, get better...

JohnnyHammersticks 09-15-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13731310)
Heading home today from my 2nd bout of this stuff!

I have another 4.5 months of home antibiotics to take, then we can see if they can give me a new right knee!

2018 has tough man, time to continue to take it easy and heal, watch some good football!

Just saw this thread. Wow. And I thought I was going through some rough times. Prayers for you Roy, both for what you're going through and for losing your wife.

Crazy that this happened a year-and-a-half after the operation. Is there any period after hip/knee replacement surgery where you can actually feel safe from infection not happening? 5 years? 10 years? Or is it a potential ticking time bomb for the rest of a person's life?

Hang in there man, sounds like you're one tough dude.

ROYC75 03-25-2019 03:03 PM

OK, WHEN DOES THIS MADNESS COME TO AN END?

HERE WE FREAKING GO AGAIN, ANOTHER INFECTION!

The 6 months on antibiotics failed!

Hey gang, been in the hospital ( again ) for a week now, trying again to conquer this infection. So here we are, out goes the left knee now, I'm officially Captain Pegleg. Yep, I now have 2 stiff legs with no knees for separation.

Having to learn how to get up on my feet, walk ( if possible ) with balance, basically having to live the next 6 weeks in bed.

After that if all infection is gone, we can try to replace a knee.

So back to 1 day at a time, taking a daily IV. :(

Hydrae 03-25-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14179607)

Hey gang, been in the hospital ( again ) for a week now, trying again to conquer this infection. So here we are, out goes the left knee now, I'm officially Captain Pegleg. Yep, I now have 2 stiff legs with no knees for separation.

Having to learn how to get up on my feet, walk ( if possible ) with balance, basically having to live the next 6 weeks in bed.

Sorry to hear that. Prayers and thoughts for sure!

Simply Red 03-25-2019 03:10 PM

Continued prayers bud. Hang in there!

Rain Man 03-25-2019 03:15 PM

Good luck to you. Hopefully you'll be squatting again soon.

Iowanian 03-25-2019 04:12 PM

Hang in there Roy.

The sun will be shining for you soon.

I hope you can find something positive to do with the down time...read a good book, start growing out a sweet mullet...

srvy 03-25-2019 04:34 PM

Damn hate to hear this Roy. Prayers your way.

DanT 03-25-2019 04:36 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon, ROYC75.

Chief Roundup 03-25-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14179607)

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get better soon. Trying to fight an infection in a hospital is scary at best. Those places have the worst and strongest strains.

Bwana 03-25-2019 05:30 PM

Sorry to hear that buddy, hang tough and get well soon!

Kman34 03-25-2019 05:37 PM

Get well soon... You will kick that infections ass!!!

Otter 03-25-2019 05:42 PM

Hang in there Roy!

ROYC75 03-25-2019 06:10 PM

Thanks guys,

This should kill the infection this time, Both knees have a spacer in them. With no metal inside the body that it can attach itself to and build its own defense shield around it.

They are going to use a different antibiotic since we have been using some of the others that has been hard on the kidneys. That 6 months should have gotten the last germ, but somehow a germ cell attached itself to the metal pieces of the knee and covered itself with it's own defense shield.

It's been a pain in my ass, damn infection is hard to beat. One would have thought 2 different antibiotics taken over a 6 month period would have defeated it.

This time, no metal, it's going to increase the chances of defeating it.

Many thanks to you all for the prayers and thoughts.

I will probably be on here more over the next 6 weeks.

threebag 03-25-2019 06:58 PM

Get well soon Roy, we have a Super Bowl to win :thumb: