ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

L.A. Chieffan 02-17-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11331835)
The massive cell phone was a bit of a giveaway :)

They said Johnny Cochran, famous for his Chewbacca defense, died from those things

Pitt Gorilla 02-17-2015 02:02 PM

It's been wonderful up to this point. The only thing that vexes me is why that girl would (seemingly) have interest in him.

BWillie 02-17-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11331835)
The massive cell phone was a bit of a giveaway :)

Eerily similar to how Saul has to put his cell phone in the mailbox every time he goes to his brothers

Baby Lee 02-17-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11331866)
It's been wonderful up to this point. The only thing that vexes me is why that girl would (seemingly) have interest in him.

I think it wasn't intended to be about her interest. That was just the random bar potential hookup. To a stranger, he's an objectively attractive dude and a smooth talker. It was about how he was swirling out of control, getting sloppy drunk and freaking out about the broken bread-stick.

Pitt Gorilla 02-17-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11332162)
I think it wasn't intended to be about her interest. That was just the random bar potential hookup. To a stranger, he's an objectively attractive dude and a smooth talker. It was about how he was swirling out of control, getting sloppy drunk and freaking out about the broken bread-stick.

I meant the girl from the law firm.

Baby Lee 02-17-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11332751)
I meant the girl from the law firm.

That was a partner [she was in the boardroom I think] who he was pleading with for support in his case for Charlie. They've presumably known each other for a while and she knows the legitimacy of Charlie's legacy.

She's a big name, in the opening credits, Rhea Seahorn who I assume will have an ongoing role.

Sure-Oz 02-17-2015 09:24 PM

Really enjoying this show. What is wrong with Saul's brother? Mental illness that makes him physically sick? Intentionally not having power on or electronics...weird

Baby Lee 02-17-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11332988)
Really enjoying this show. What is wrong with Saul's brother? Mental illness that makes him physically sick? Intentionally not having power on or electronics...weird

Best guess he probably needs help [or thinks he does] from these folks.

http://www.emfanalysis.com/emf-refugee/

3rd Episode was better than the first two. Really knocking it out from the get go.

Gonzo 02-18-2015 08:54 AM

I was really thinking that this show was going to be completely different for some reason. Just something they threw together to make it a comedy. I had no hope for it to be anything like BB. I am happily wrong.

Baby Lee 02-18-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11333522)
I was really thinking that this show was going to be completely different for some reason. Just something they threw together to make it a comedy. I had no hope for it to be anything like BB. I am happily wrong.

I was thinking it had the promise of being the new best show in TV, but I caught up on Justified and it remains as good as ever.

Tough call.

RockChalk 02-18-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11333550)
I was thinking it had the promise of being the new best show in TV, but I caught up on Justified and it remains as good as ever.

Tough call.

I wish that I could find Justified from the beginning online somewhere. Damn you Netflix, pick it up!

Baby Lee 02-18-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 11333653)
I wish that I could find Justified from the beginning online somewhere. Damn you Netflix, pick it up!

The first season is different from the others, in that it was more case of the week with progress on the meta-story interspersed.

From then on, it's more in the vein of Breaking Bad of a season arc and full meta-story building off the first season's.

I say that for two reasons. The first season feels a little more conventional television. And it probably is best to start from the beginning, but ignore any queasiness you might feel until you've a good belly full of the EXCELLENT second.

Buehler445 02-18-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

If you have Prime you can watch it.

ragedogg69 02-18-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11331008)
I took it as Jimmy was younger and screwed up. And his brother saved him. I think we will find out that his brother Charles got him out of that jam..and as a result Jimmy grew up and became an attorney. I think its alao why he feels he owes his brother and wants to help him so much

"Slippin' Jimmy"

Sure-Oz 02-18-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Amazon Prime has it