Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2024, 09:20 AM  
Fish are scared of me

How to Live to 120

Pretty interesting stuff here.

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:57 PM   #46
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Yeah but at least here in Florida we are not Tornado Alley
Yeah, the hurricanes scare them away.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:02 PM   #47
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, the hurricanes scare them away.

Yeah but with Hurricanes and living 55 miles inland...by the time it gets this far inland it has lost strength.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:32 PM   #48
Veteran

Quote:
I don't want to burden my family with a Nursing center....having volunteered at one and seeing how many Seniors are put in one and no one visits, I don't want.that for me or my family.
Agreed. That was part of my point. I don't think there is an ethical solution thus out or our control. That is the sucky part...lack of control.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 04:36 PM   #49
Starter

That's about 50 years more than I want to hang around
Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:28 PM   #50
Supporter

Anyone that wants to live to 120 is stupid and hasn't made it to 74 yet.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:17 AM   #51
In Search of a Life

At 120, you are practically a lock to outlive everyone you ever had a meaningful relationship with, including your children. Nah, I'm good. I've got pretty good genetics which leads me to think that at 47 I am about halfway done (barring getting killed by something other than natural causes). When I think about all the shit I've done, seen and experienced, another 40-45 years is muy plenty.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:13 AM   #52
Fish are scared of me

So, I take it that the only people that want to live to 120 are currently 119
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:55 PM   #53
MVP

I've been discussing this with my gf for a couple years who teases me for being old.

I think the best way to do this is artificially insemenate her just before my death with my cloned DNA, so that the child i leave behind will also be a copy of me. As she raises him up she will teach him all about my entire life's experiences to catch him up on my our shared memories. Then, when "me too" comes of age she will take him as her mother-lover. All so I can essentially live 120 years.

A lot like the book, and apple tv, series Foundation.

Praise science! All-men!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:16 PM   #54
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
My worst nightmare would be to end up in a 70 year old body and have to live 40 years like that. No one wants a longer old age than their prime. What a ****ing horror....
The math of really old age starts to get a little crazy.

My wife's grandmother was married for 40 years - lost her first husband when she was about 60. Got remarried about 2 years later and lived to be 98. Her husband predeceased her by a couple years but she was married for essentially 35 years.

AFTER being married for 40.

She essentially lived three distinct lives. But man I dunno - in a lot of ways it just doesn't sound terribly appealing to me.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:40 AM   #55
Veteran

My Dad turned 100 March 8. He was doing well until he was 94, but the last 6 years have been a struggle. He's now has to use a walker and gets really confused by intense dreams which he often can't distinguish from reality.

However, convince him that he was having a dream and he still tracks quite well otherwise. Course, I'm used to him being brilliant, which he no longer can even come close to.

(At 93, he was trying to teach me the ABC's of interpreting an EKG bc I have a prolapsed mitral valve).

I would be ok living to 120 if I'm as fit as Jack La Lanne was at 95.

The thing is, this guy isn't a nut. I have been following anti aging theory since graduate school and his dietary and supplement regimen bears a striking similarity to my own. Most of what he does is based on reasonable interpretation of current data.

His emphasis on EVO is a bit out of wack. But part of that is he sells it on his site for more than double the price of good, 3rd party tested EVO.

Not sure always having a fresh made harvest is worth what he's charging for it in terms of health benefit. Like most who hawk supplements, they're overpriced with the justification that they're using better sources.

I would REALLY like to see him test biomarkers of someone using his protocol with available stuff on the market vs his branded supplements in a double blind test. Funny how these guys NEVER do that.

Btw, there is a guy named David Sinclair who believes he can wind back the cellular clock. Basically, take a 70 yo person, do his molecular bio tricks on their DNA, and make them cellularly 25 or so

Sounds crazy, but he's doing it in mice. Says he might have a therapy for humans in 10 years or so. If this comes to pass, living past 120 will become common.

Of course, 80 yrs ago, the Nazis kept claiming they would cure cancer. They weren't bullshitting, they really believed it. They actually had good reason to think they could do it, bc they had a guy named Otto Warburg who won the nobel prize in 1939 or so for the discovery that cancer cells used glucose for respiration instead of O2.

Since German big pharma had invented a drug called metformin (which reduces blood sugar) in the mid 30s, they though it was just a matter of fiddling bf they could figure out how to starve the cancer.

Well, 80 yrs later, we haven't cured cancer. Basically bc they didn't foresee that cancer cells can switch respiration to other molecules (such as cyanide or sulfur) if glucose isn't available.

Bottom line, Sinclair probably faces hurdles he doesn't yet see to create a human therapy based on his work with mice. However, hanging around long enough for Sinclair's aging treatment to become a reality could pay off in spades.

Last edited by JohnnyV13; 04-22-2024 at 01:12 AM..
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote