Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2024, 12:58 AM  
MVP

Couch-Potato's We're NOT ****ing Around Mock

Freed Agency

Nothing too fancy in FA. Bring back OT D. Smith, OL Alegretti, RB CEH, WR Hardman, and some depth signings at DT Ferrell, Nandi, maybe Hurst and do something clever with Omenihu's contract so he's available for us to make a playoff run.

Draft

Trade: Sneed + #32 (1st) + #64 (2nd) + #133 (4th) = PHI #22 (1st) + #50 (2nd) + #53 (2nd) + #188 (6th)

1.22 WR Brian Thomas Jr, 6-4, 205 lbs, LSU

-Why debate Alpha vs Speedster when you can have both, let's just move up for the #1 deep threat possible.

2.50 RB Jonathan Brooks, 6-0, 207 lbs, TX

-We saw the Chiefs take a shot on CEH, and how a top end rookie RB can boost a team's offense like Gibbs in DET the year prior so let's just take the #1 in this draft.

2.53 WR Xavier Legette, 6-1, 227 lbs, SC

-Big fast slot that's too physical for CBs and too fast for LBs, Andy can scheme production out of him especially in the red zone his rookie year.

3.95 TE Ben Sinnott, 6-4, 245 lbs, K-ST

-Another potential early contributor, absolutely killed the combine and becomes our #2 immediately plus our TE of the future.

5.158 DT Jordan Jefferson, 6-4, 317 lbs, LSU

-Shined at the Sr Bowl practices and put up the most bench presses at the combine, throw him into the DT rotation no problem.

5.172 CB Kamal Hadden, 6-1, 197 lbs, TEN

-Elite when healthy 90.4% coverage grade and 3 INTs last season, pretty sure I heard the avg QB Rating against him last year was 7 lol.

6.188 LB Michael Barrett, 5-11, 233 Lbs, Michigan

-90% pass-rusher rating, playmaker with 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles last season, good in coverage 77 QBR when targeted, and reliable tackler with 80 last season.

7.233 NT Evan Anderson, 6-3, 356 lbs, FAU

-We don't need that many reps a game from out NTs, Anderson had 5 sacks last year from the position and can be worked into the DL rotation this year or next.

Roster:

QB: P. Mahomes, Gabbert
RB: I. Pacheco, Brooks, CEH
WR: Thomas Jr, Rice, Legette, Watson, Hardman, Moore, Ross
TE: T. Kelce, Stinnot, Gray

LT: D. Smith, Nelson
LG: J. Thuney, Niang
OC: C. Humphrey
RG: T. Smith, N. Allegretti
RT: J. Taylor, W. Morris

DE: Karlaftis, Thompson
DT: Jones, Jefferson
DT: Nandi, Ferrel, Anderson
DE: F. Anudike-Uzomah, Hurst {*Omenihu-Playoffs???}

LB: N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, L. Chenal, Barrett
CB: T. McDuffie, J. Williams, J. Watson, Hadden
DB: B. Cook, J. Reid, C. Conner

*The primary focus for this draft was to get guys who could contribute immediately, not necessarily starters, but rotational depth.

3-Peat!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-13-2024 at 04:18 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:35 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

That's one shitty ass trade.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 04:01 AM   #3
MVP

D Smith has publicly said he’s not coming back. He wants to be a Jet and play with Rogers.
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:44 AM   #4
MVP

Don't think you're going high enough for Brian Thomas. I think 17 is his floor at this point. Just my opinion of course.

It's crazy that we're getting Justin Jefferson in the 4th round. I bet the Vikings are pissed. :P Jordan Jefferson is solid. Would not be too disappointed with that.

Kamal Hadden is very realistic IMO. My only concern is that shoulder and how it's healed/scar tissue. He wasn't a big hitter, to begin with so you don't want him gun-shy.

If we're going to double-dip at WR early, and I'm not a fan, I'd much rather have a slot guy in that package somewhere who can move outside and play too. McMillan, Pearsall, Roman Wilson, those types. I'd like that much more than two big-bodied straight-line speed guys.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:49 AM   #5
MVP

I would be HORNY
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:57 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 View Post
D Smith has publicly said he’s not coming back. He wants to be a Jet and play with Rogers.
He didn't exactly say that. He said he grew up a Jets fan and dreamed of playing for them. He also said he's going to take it as it comes.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:28 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Don't think you're going high enough for Brian Thomas. I think 17 is his floor at this point. Just my opinion of course.

It's crazy that we're getting Justin Jefferson in the 4th round. I bet the Vikings are pissed. :P Jordan Jefferson is solid. Would not be too disappointed with that.

Kamal Hadden is very realistic IMO. My only concern is that shoulder and how it's healed/scar tissue. He wasn't a big hitter, to begin with so you don't want him gun-shy.

If we're going to double-dip at WR early, and I'm not a fan, I'd much rather have a slot guy in that package somewhere who can move outside and play too. McMillan, Pearsall, Roman Wilson, those types. I'd like that much more than two big-bodied straight-line speed guys.
I think Burton is more realistic than Legette, wanted to take him and mix it up but I'm a little fixated on Legette these days. I like his plus traits and drive through adversity, I think he'll be a bigger playmaker than Burton and a bit of a spark might be all we need.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-11-2024 at 12:17 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:31 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
That's one shitty ass trade.
Generally curious to learn your perspective, why?

I'm giving up Sneed for a top 50 pick, and a 4th to move up 20 spots, 10 of which are in the 1st rd to move up for a big-time playmaking WR.

I thought that trade was pretty clever.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-11-2024 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-11-2024, 11:44 AM   #9
MVP

Noting that PFF has Thomas Jr going #24 to DAL in their new mock.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

I'm giving up Sneed for a top 50 pick, and a 4th to move up 20 spots, 10 of which are in the 1st rd to move up for a big-time playmaking WR.

I just went and added up the Trade Value on the standard chart

KC giving up 1300 (counting Sneed as pick #50)

PHI giving up 1280

Seems fair.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:57 PM   #11
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Just because CEH didn't totally suck last year isn't a reason to keep him.

He's slow as ****. We can improve this team by getting younger and FASTER at the RB position. I'll for adding a vet too, but I'm done with CEH
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:05 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Just because CEH didn't totally suck last year isn't a reason to keep him.

He's slow as ****. We can improve this team by getting younger and FASTER at the RB position. I'll for adding a vet too, but I'm done with CEH
I was listening to a podcast over the wknd that suggested he'd return cheaply, is familiar with the offense, and beloved within the Chiefs locker room.

IF we're going to get the #1 RB in this draft, I don't see anything wrong with CEH being our #3.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:59 PM   #13
MVP

Another interesting perspective from the same podcast that made me feel comfortable not adding any bodies to our starting DL was "Chiefs season really starts in the playoffs." So assuming we can bring back Omenihu and he'd be ready to go for the playoffs it might be a good idea to get FAU a seasons worth of reps to bring him along.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:49 PM   #14
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

Nah, it's pretty shitty. They are short picks to begin with and theoretically would be minus one in the end because now they wouldn't be adding any picks and absolutely would need to spend one to replace him.

They would have been better off just letting him walk for a future 3rd comp. It's a shit trade.

Would take 2 mid 3's from Seattle over that.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:59 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Nah, it's pretty shitty. They are short picks to begin with and theoretically would be minus one in the end because now they wouldn't be adding any picks and absolutely would need to spend one to replace him.

They would have been better off just letting him walk for a future 3rd comp. It's a shit trade.

Would take 2 mid 3's from Seattle over that.
Ok, that's a fair perspective.

I suppose this mock was meant to represent a consolidation of assets to move up for top talent so I hadn't taken much consideration around losing a pick in the Sneed trade as a negative.

My thought process is that Sneed is worth a low 1st, and we're getting him at #50 & -20 spots = ~#30.