Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #1291
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
This is the 2nd year in a row we have 1 big man inside, who has flaws, and no bench. Now, to be fair Preston would have probably been in there instead of Doke and thats on Preston not Self. I dont think you could have recruited a 3rd top level one and done inside man to play this year. They would get all the playing time they want somewhere else. Preston being a dumbass really hurt us.
To be fair, this is 3 or 4 years in a row we've had a big not able to play for a variety of reasons; which is why Self has moved to more of a 4 out 1 in offense.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #1292
I'm with the Banned

KU's team defense has really suffered the last couple years, too. It's easy to say it's directly related to not having enough big guys, but don't think that's fully it. Honestly, it has more to do with having a shit ton of boneheads on the floor (see Ellis, Johnson, Vick, Selden, Greene, Bragg, a younger Svi)... it brings the level of overall defensive cohesiveness down when the collective IQ levels are lacking.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #1293
Starter

Not looking past this year, but next year is going to be pretty damn fun to watch.

KU should have plenty of depth in the front court next year. With the Lawson brothers who averaged basically a combined 33/18 together their last year in Memphis. Then add in De Sousa with a full offseason to work on his game. Azubuike isn't going anywhere. Plus freshman David McCormack. Oh and Lightfoot as well. Someone will probably have to redshirt next year.
Iczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #1294
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Not much left to discuss on this until the 1000s of other fans here weigh in on this subject.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #1295
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
Not much left to discuss on this until the 1000s of other fans here weigh in on this subject.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #1296
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #1297
In Search of a Life

Quote:
This is why you owe me tickets to a men's KU home basketball game.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #1298
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I'd be considerably less concerned if this entire season hadn't been so concerning all along.

Everyone and every organization is entitled to an off year. But something feels a little 'slipping away' about this year. KU doesn't feel like the big dog with the big swinging dick. They seem vulnerable to every team they play. Then you have the eligibility mess.

Overall it's one game. And even if 2017/2018 is a disaster throughout, it's one season. But with what we've gone through with the Chiefs recently, he picked a bad time to show us even a little of the Wizard behind the Curtain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Self is still great at recruiting and developing 2nd tier talent. He's still behind the masters [whether that's because he's trying to stay cleaner, or what] in the 1&D game. Heck, probably our best overall 1&D in Embiid wasn't even supposed to be a 1&D, but still learning the game and healthy for at least a couple years. Explosive talent and tweaked bone structure turned that into an attractive long-term NBA investment instead of a teaching opportunity for KU.
It feels a little "slipping away" because this team is bad. The only guy that is an NBA talent is Doke and he isn't going until he can do SOMETHING besides dunk.

Bottom line is this: Preston is a go-tard who can't drive. And during the recruiting of this year's class, Diallo was on nobody's radar as even a remote chance of declaring and he's gone. This team looks far different with Preston and Diallo on the floor.

And with NBA type talented kids, that's what you get - Volatility. These high ass recruits have been coddled the whole time and pretty much haven't had to live any life. Consider what Releford brought to the table in terms of being coachable and putting himself on the line out there versus a guy like Xavier Henry. I'm a pretty good sized X Henry fan. He came and worked the defensive end hard. But while they ended up being in the same universe of productivity for KU, the year over year gains were far better for Releford than X. As well as taking a redshirt, defending the 4, some other stuff Releford was a good soldier that you weren't going to get out of X. Now, on the recruitment trail, you don't tell X to **** off and go find Releford, but the dynamics of 1 and done is different than guys that are a tick lower on the talent scale.

With one and dones, sometimes you get Josh Jackson, sometimes you get Josh Selby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
KU's team defense has really suffered the last couple years, too. It's easy to say it's directly related to not having enough big guys, but don't think that's fully it. Honestly, it has more to do with having a shit ton of boneheads on the floor (see Ellis, Johnson, Vick, Selden, Greene, Bragg, a younger Svi)... it brings the level of overall defensive cohesiveness down when the collective IQ levels are lacking.
They also changed the rules to make it harder to defend on the outside.

Also, the youth system continues to change, especially with bigs. I'm not sure there is a college kid today that is as comfortable working with his back to the basket as I was coming out of high school. Granted I was a no talent, but I could still run a post move. There are virtually no post moves anymore. If you go look at what Arthur was able to do in 08 vs what these kids do, it's night and day.

So the skills these guys come in with is ever changing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #1299
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

Also, the youth system continues to change, especially with bigs. I'm not sure there is a college kid today that is as comfortable working with his back to the basket as I was coming out of high school. Granted I was a no talent, but I could still run a post move. There are virtually no post moves anymore. If you go look at what Arthur was able to do in 08 vs what these kids do, it's night and day.

Any more, bigs have to be able to hit outside shots more & more.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #1300
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Any more, bigs have to be able to hit outside shots more & more.
Right. And that all trickles down from the NBA. But they can still score with their back to the basket. It looks different because they’re usually trying to work motion or penetration but you still see guys get fed with their back to the basket.

But it’s still remarkable to me. I’m all about skilled big guys that can shoot and dribble and what that does to the defense. But at the same time a big guy in the lane with his back to the basket is still a very efficient look with a tiny bit of skill.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #1301
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
Anyway...

...I HATE the SEC/B12 challenge in the middle of conference play.
Why? I think it's a nice way to "relax" half way through the conference grind.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
This is why you owe me tickets to a men's KU home basketball game.

Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post

Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #1304
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
It feels a little "slipping away" because this team is bad. The only guy that is an NBA talent is Doke and he isn't going until he can do SOMETHING besides dunk.

Bottom line is this: Preston is a go-tard who can't drive. And during the recruiting of this year's class, Diallo was on nobody's radar as even a remote chance of declaring and he's gone. This team looks far different with Preston and Diallo on the floor.

And with NBA type talented kids, that's what you get - Volatility. These high ass recruits have been coddled the whole time and pretty much haven't had to live any life. Consider what Releford brought to the table in terms of being coachable and putting himself on the line out there versus a guy like Xavier Henry. I'm a pretty good sized X Henry fan. He came and worked the defensive end hard. But while they ended up being in the same universe of productivity for KU, the year over year gains were far better for Releford than X. As well as taking a redshirt, defending the 4, some other stuff Releford was a good soldier that you weren't going to get out of X. Now, on the recruitment trail, you don't tell X to **** off and go find Releford, but the dynamics of 1 and done is different than guys that are a tick lower on the talent scale.

With one and dones, sometimes you get Josh Jackson, sometimes you get Josh Selby.

Just FYI, I looked at a mock draft the other day and it showed Svi, Vick, and Devonte all going in the 2nd round. Also, it had Billy Preston as the last pick in the 2nd round.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #1305
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Just FYI, I looked at a mock draft the other day and it showed Svi, Vick, and Devonte all going in the 2nd round. Also, it had Billy Preston as the last pick in the 2nd round.
Svi and graham are gone. I can’t imagine Vick going if that’s where is projects. Sounds like Preston has some work to do in Bosnia .