Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM  
Supporter

WTF is with Mahomes?

Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.

Last edited by petegz28; 10-17-2021 at 05:20 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:06 PM   #736
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Yes, I have only heard this 50 times today on talk radio. Never did I say- not take shorter yardage plays and just heave it every down.

I am talking about trying to make Mahomes a dump off king like we did last week. Everyone is bitching that he still looks for the kill shot- well- that is who he is. If Mecole does not quit on that route- nobody would be bitching about Kelce being open.

Guys were open short on Wasp too. Why can't there be some balance?

Some of the shit I have been hearing and reading is ridiculous, Mahomes sucks, can't read defenses, the footwork stuff again- and fans were hollering in the stands to pull him from the game.
Didn't Mecole drop like 3 passes yesterday?

Here's the thing: Mecole was doubled. There's no good reason to throw that ball at that time to that receiver. it was basically a Hail Mary. He should've taken the first down and looked for another deep shot on the next passing play. Simple.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:06 PM   #737
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
That's a fool's errand, in my opinion. They're not going to let us beat them that way anymore. They're betting that we won't be patient enough to beat them playing more standard football.

people need to quit equating Alex Smith with this approach and think of Tom Brady winning pretty much all of his rings throwing to backs, and TE's, and slot receivers over the middle.

If we start whooping people doing that, then those deep shots will open up again.
Exactly. You keep taking high percentage passes and running the ball and being patient, teams will have to start playing up on it.

The difference between Mahomes and Smith is teams played up short against Smith because that's all he could do.

Mahomes will smoke you if you leave guys open deep. That's the difference.

The problem is he isn't setting up the defense. He is trying to force things.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #738
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
That's a fool's errand, in my opinion. They're not going to let us beat them that way anymore. They're betting that we won't be patient enough to beat them playing more standard football.

people need to quit equating Alex Smith with this approach and think of Tom Brady winning pretty much all of his rings throwing to backs, and TE's, and slot receivers over the middle.

If we start whooping people doing that, then those deep shots will open up again.
Joe Montana.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #739
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
If our defense doesn't hold the Packers to 7 points, even more people are bitching about not hitting Kelce. It was a stupid decision, PERIOD.
Your assuming Kelce would have caught it- unlike how he failed to do earlier when he had an easy 1st down and last week as well. Kelce is off right now. Pretty easy to see.

Mahomes needs to relax and play better- no doubt, no one is arguing that- but the criticism is getting to ridiculous levels.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #740
MVP

Quote:
Yes, I have only heard this 50 times today on talk radio. Never did I say- not take shorter yardage plays and just heave it every down.

I am talking about trying to make Mahomes a dump off king like we did last week. Everyone is bitching that he still looks for the kill shot- well- that is who he is. If Mecole does not quit on that route- nobody would be bitching about Kelce being open.

Guys were open short on Wasp too. Why can't there be some balance?

Some of the shit I have been hearing and reading is ridiculous, Mahomes sucks, can't read defenses, the footwork stuff again- and fans were hollering in the stands to pull him from the game.
just because other people are stupid doesn't mean I am. Pulling Mahomes would be the dumbest thing ever in the history of football.

If you've got an outlet receiver in the flat with nobody within 20 yards of him, you don't throw into double coverage 40 yards downfield. That's not smart. Not when you're struggling to find some efficiency in your sputtering offense. You hit your outlet guy, take the 15-20 yards, and line up again. We're not talking about throwing short of the sticks, we're not talking about playing scared. We're talking about taking the high percentage play, getting the first down. Be efficient. Since when is Kelce open 20 yards down the field and suddenly that's not good enough? What? Throw it to your All-Pro TE, get the first, and line 'er up again.

He's leaving a lot of first downs on the field right now, and arguing against that is just madness. It's madness.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:11 PM   #741
MVP

Quote:
Your assuming Kelce would have caught it- unlike how he failed to do earlier when he had an easy 1st down and last week as well. Kelce is off right now. Pretty easy to see.
So you want to chuck it 40 yards to Hardman?

c'mon man.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #742
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
About the best and simplest way I can put this is like so:

Patrick needs to be a little less Favre and a little more Brady right now.

It's that simple.
**** Frafrevr and **** Brady. Patrick Mahomes II needs to be more like Patrick ****ing Mahomes II
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #743
MVP

I don't know how anyone who claims to understand football can actually argue against taking the first down rather than throwing into double coverage 40 yards downfield.

I mean I really don't.

Mahomes is a generational talent, but it's not like he completely changed the rules of the game. Still need 10 yards for a first down. Still have 4 downs to get it.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #744
Supporter

Quote:

Mahomes needs to relax and play better- no doubt, no one is arguing that- but the criticism is getting to ridiculous levels.
you are justifying throwing a deep ball into double coverage and then say we assume a wide open Kecle would have caught the ball???
Old 11-08-2021, 09:14 PM   #745
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
you are justifying throwing a deep ball into double coverage and then say we assume a wide open Kecle would have caught the ball???
To Hardman, no less.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:15 PM   #746
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Didn't Mecole drop like 3 passes yesterday?

Here's the thing: Mecole was doubled. There's no good reason to throw that ball at that time to that receiver. it was basically a Hail Mary. He should've taken the first down and looked for another deep shot on the next passing play. Simple.
I guess we saw different plays. I was right above it. Mecole had a nice gap between the defenders, he had them beat. Mahomes saw it and tried to lead him (maybe too much) but it also looked like Mecole (as he often does, quit on the route) and it made it look like a terrible thrown ball.

Mahomes also had Hill for a kill shot earlier in the game, but shorted it and failed to connect.

Either one of those plays connect- Packers chance of winner goes to single digits.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #747
Supporter

Quote:
I guess we saw different plays. I was right above it. Mecole had a nice gap between the defenders, he had them beat. Mahomes saw it and tried to lead him (maybe too much) but it also looked like Mecole (as he often does, quit on the route) and it made it look like a terrible thrown ball.

Mahomes also had Hill for a kill shot earlier in the game, but shorted it and failed to connect.

Either one of those plays connect- Packers chance of winner goes to single digits.
And if he hits Kelce the drive keeps going and maybe we get points.

Instead we went 3 and out.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #748
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
That's not what I asked. You enjoy watching this team score 13 points and Mahomes complete 55% of his passes?
I enjoy winning. We won did we not? Ask Mahomes if he'd rather throw 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and lose than win scoring 13 points.

This is ****ing football both teams are paid to win and they aren't playing Madden football every week.

I'd rather win 13 to 10 than lose 44 to 45.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #749
Starter

Quote:
I don't know how anyone who claims to understand football can actually argue against taking the first down rather than throwing into double coverage 40 yards downfield.

I mean I really don't.

Mahomes is a generational talent, but it's not like he completely changed the rules of the game. Still need 10 yards for a first down. Still have 4 downs to get it.
Mahomes is amazing. I wouldn’t trade him for anyone but it’s obvious he’s pressing and was trying to force the big play instead of taking the easy play. I love the aggressiveness but sometimes it’s okay to take the sure easy first down, and I’m sure after watching the film, he’d even admit that he should’ve thrown to Kelce.
PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:21 PM   #750
In Search of a Life

Quote:
just because other people are stupid doesn't mean I am. Pulling Mahomes would be the dumbest thing ever in the history of football.

If you've got an outlet receiver in the flat with nobody within 20 yards of him, you don't throw into double coverage 40 yards downfield. That's not smart. Not when you're struggling to find some efficiency in your sputtering offense. You hit your outlet guy, take the 15-20 yards, and line up again. We're not talking about throwing short of the sticks, we're not talking about playing scared. We're talking about taking the high percentage play, getting the first down. Be efficient. Since when is Kelce open 20 yards down the field and suddenly that's not good enough? What? Throw it to your All-Pro TE, get the first, and line 'er up again.

He's leaving a lot of first downs on the field right now, and arguing against that is just madness. It's madness.

Great- you sound so smart with hindsight and endless replays on your side. I explained what I saw- in person at the game- and why I think Mahomes bite on it. But I suppose Mahomes and I are both idiots because the play failed.

Mahomes did hit Kelce wide open- twice yesterday and he dropped them. But Mecole dropped 3- so it doesnt seem to matter what he does.