Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM  
Supporter

WTF is with Mahomes?

Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.

Last edited by petegz28; 10-17-2021 at 05:20 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #721
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Such hyperbole- I didn't say any of this. Pat did throw it short last week- check his targets-lots behind the line because that is what the defense gave him.

He threw short this week too- and Kelce along with Mecole dropped the ball.

My point was- you don't take the most dynamic QB in history and try to make him Alex Smith. We had that kind of QB and he sucked.

15 to 20 play drives are Not sustainable. Chiefs need to play their game and force the defense to change, not the other way around.

When the game was on the line- we won because Mahomes did what he does. Alex would have checked down short, punted and hoped to hang on.
This is my natural attitude.

However, just how do they go about accomplishing this?
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #722
MVP

Quote:
Mahomes is getting 95% of the blame and the rest of the shitty offense, play calling, dropped passes, bonehead receivers not doing shit, dumb penalties at crucial times--are all getting a pass.

Mahomes is stepping up and putting it all on his shoulders. That is what leadership is about.

So yeah, until the rest of the team stops handing the other team INT's, fumbles and easy coverage assignments- it is going to be tough going for Mahomes.
This is all true as well, except that I think everyone's talking about all of those things; this just happens to be the 'WTF is with Mahomes' thread.

But yeah, they're all pressing, and making stupid mistakes as a result.

But we can't play Chiefs football when defenses are just spotting you everything BUT the deep pass. You have to take what's there, execute, and make them pay for that. Until Patrick and the boys do that, we're not going to see sustained success again.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #723
MVP

About the best and simplest way I can put this is like so:

Patrick needs to be a little less Favre and a little more Brady right now.

It's that simple.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #724
Supporter

Quote:
Such hyperbole- I didn't say any of this. Pat did throw it short last week- check his targets-lots behind the line because that is what the defense gave him.

My point was- you don't take the most dynamic QB in history and try to make him Alex Smith. We had that kind of QB and he sucked.

15 to 20 play drives are Not sustainable. Chiefs need to play their game and force the defense to change, not the other way around.

When the game was on the line- we won because Mahomes did what he does. Alex would have checked down short, punted and hoped to hang on.
I got news for you. They did force defenses to change. And now we have to change.

You keep trying to throw deep balls into defenses that have changed to take away those deep balls and nothing good is going to come of it.

And to keep doing it over and over pretending something different is going to happen is not a productive strategy.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:44 PM   #725
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I enjoy watching this team bounce back from adversity and make people like you look foolish that's what I enjoy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again under Andy Reid this is a resilient team and 2015 we were 1-5 and all but calculated out of the playoffs but we wheeled off 10 wins and a playoff win. **** you cry babies.
That's not what I asked. You enjoy watching this team score 13 points and Mahomes complete 55% of his passes?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:47 PM   #726
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

Do you think only Alex Smith threw short and intermediate passes?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:49 PM   #727
In Search of a Life

The picks got in his head a little and he’s thinking too much now

He’s been amazing and he’s too smart to not figure it out. It’ll be fine
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #728
MVP

We forced the defenses into this scheme by making people look foolish for three years.

Now they're going to stay there until we adjust.

We haven't adjusted yet. The way to beat that style of defense is to run the ball against the light box, and hit short and intermediate passes, getting the ball out fast to mitigate the pass rush and take advantage of the wide open flats with your backs, slot receivers, and your TE over the middle. Brady won most of his rings doing this. Multiple times last game, Mahomes had Kelce 10 yards plus in the middle, but instead chucked it deep into double coverage. He had backs in the flat with 20 yards of green in front of them.

That's just not smart. He'll come around, but right now, he's making bad choices. All of this commentary is about MAHOMES, and if you want to talk about dropped and tipped passes and lax ball security with backs and receivers, that's an adjacent but still different issue.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #729
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We forced the defenses into this scheme by making people look foolish for three years.

We haven't adjusted yet. The way to beat that style of defense is to run the ball against the light box, and hit short and intermediate passes, getting the ball out fast to mitigate the pass rush and take advantage of the wide open flats with your backs, slot receivers, and your TE over the middle. Brady won most of his rings doing this. Multiple times last game, Mahomes had Kelce 10 yards plus in the middle, but instead chucked it deep into double coverage. He had backs in the flat with 20 yards of green in front of them.

That's just not smart. He'll come around, but right now, he's making bad choices. All of this commentary is about MAHOMES, and if you want to talk about dropped and tipped passes and lax ball security with backs and receivers, that's an adjacent but still different issue.
Totally agree, and am seeing the same thing.
There was no need for all of the deep balls against the Pack.

But you have many others saying stuff like "stick to what you do best and it will work itself out." I don't really believe that... we will see eventually who is right.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:01 PM   #730
Supporter

Quote:

He is just not playing smart football. From what we have seen and subsequently heard him say, his pride is his downfall right now.

I can't think of any situation in any game where you justify throwing a deep ball into double coverage instead of taking a wide open 15 yards unless you are just down and desperate. We were neither.

Mahomes needs to figure out it's okay to play ball control. No one will think lesser of him because he threw higher percentage passes that extended drives and resulted in scores.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:01 PM   #731
In Search of a Life

Quote:
This is all true as well, except that I think everyone's talking about all of those things; this just happens to be the 'WTF is with Mahomes' thread.

But yeah, they're all pressing, and making stupid mistakes as a result.

But we can't play Chiefs football when defenses are just spotting you everything BUT the deep pass. You have to take what's there, execute, and make them pay for that. Until Patrick and the boys do that, we're not going to see sustained success again.
Yes, I have only heard this 50 times today on talk radio. Never did I say- not take shorter yardage plays and just heave it every down.

I am talking about trying to make Mahomes a dump off king like we did last week. Everyone is bitching that he still looks for the kill shot- well- that is who he is. If Mecole does not quit on that route- nobody would be bitching about Kelce being open.

Guys were open short on Wasp too. Why can't there be some balance?

Some of the shit I have been hearing and reading is ridiculous, Mahomes sucks, can't read defenses, the footwork stuff again- and fans were hollering in the stands to pull him from the game.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:02 PM   #732
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post

But you have many others saying stuff like "stick to what you do best and it will work itself out." I don't really believe that... we will see eventually who is right.
Hope is not a strategy. Doing something different like taking what you're given is a strategy.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #733
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post

That's a fool's errand, in my opinion. They're not going to let us beat them that way anymore. They're betting that we won't be patient enough to beat them playing more standard football.

people need to quit equating Alex Smith with this approach and think of Tom Brady winning pretty much all of his rings throwing to backs, and TE's, and slot receivers over the middle.

If we start whooping people doing that, then those deep shots will open up again.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #734
Supporter

Quote:
Yes, I have only heard this 50 times today on talk radio. Never did I say- not take shorter yardage plays and just heave it every down.

I am talking about trying to make Mahomes a dump off king like we did last week. Everyone is bitching that he still looks for the kill shot- well- that is who he is. If Mecole does not quit on that route- nobody would be bitching about Kelce being open.

Guys were open short on Wasp too. Why can't there be some balance?

Some of the shit I have been hearing and reading is ridiculous, Mahomes sucks, can't read defenses, the footwork stuff again- and fans were hollering in the stands to pull him from the game.

If our defense doesn't hold the Packers to 7 points, even more people are bitching about not hitting Kelce. It was a stupid decision, PERIOD.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #735
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
He is just not playing smart football. From what we have seen and subsequently heard him say, his pride is his downfall right now.

I can't think of any situation in any game where you justify throwing a deep ball into double coverage instead of taking a wide open 15 yards unless you are just down and desperate. We were neither.

Mahomes needs to figure out it's okay to play ball control. No one will think lesser of him because he threw higher percentage passes that extended drives and resulted in scores.
This is the stupid shit I am talking about. What pride?? Mecole is a shit route runner- he let up instead of keeping the burners on. Mahomes hits that and it is almost game over with the way the defense was playing.

You are probably also mad he did not dump off when the game was on the line and take a nice safe PUNT. Mahomes played his PRIDEFUL football- and went for the kill shot. He is an assassin- not a soccer mom.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.