Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2018, 07:46 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

RIP Billy Graham

HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #121
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Or maybe people should just avoid posting criticisms in it. You can always create another DC thread for those. If we're going to have a cosmo rule for prayer threads, it shouldn't just be for cosmo.
Thread icon says this is a news thread, not a prayer thread. Seems to me that criticisms of somebody who was a homophobe, anti-Semite, and religious profiteer are fair game in a news thread.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #122
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I agree. Unlike Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson, Joel Osteen, Jerry Fallwell, etc.
I don’t know enough about those guys to make a call either way.

What I do know is Billy Graham has been a rock in the evangelical world for the better part of 70 years. His dedication to doing things right is legendary. Heck, just google the “Billy Graham rule”.

He was one of the only honest ones in a televangelist world full of charlatans.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #123
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Heck, just google the “Billy Graham rule”.
He was one of the only honest ones in a televangelist world full of charlatans.
As the Left thought this was just Pence alone doing this mocking him but in reality they were mocking Billy as Pence took a page from Billy. It is an excellent practice especially among today's culture of some women(not all) who are looking to win the lottery.

The Billy Graham rule or Pence rule[1] is a practice among male Protestant Christian leaders, in which they avoid spending time alone with women to whom they are not married. It is named after Billy Graham, the most notable proponent of the practice. It is adopted as a display of integrity, a means of avoiding sexual temptation, and to avoid any appearance of doing something considered morally objectionable, but has been criticized as being sexist.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #124
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I asked you a question, why can you not answer it?

Why would any professed Christian immediately make common cause with people seeking to tear down a great Christian?

Show me the proof that Graham was a fake, or take yourself back to your phony ass church next sunday
again, I never claimed he was a fake; that’s simply another of your lies.

Why would you refer to my church as phony? Literally no reason to denigrate our (relatively small) congregation.

Last edited by Pitt Gorilla; 02-21-2018 at 09:20 PM..
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #125
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
again, I never claimed he was a fake; that’s simply another of your lies.

Why would you refer to my church as phony? Literally no reason to denigrate our (relatively small) congregation.
You chose to attack a good man with no prompting

You presented O proof of malfeasance, and you offered O resistance to the claims that he was a fake

Instead you rode the backs of other hateful liars who proclaimed him a greedy phony with O proof... if you're not Christian enough to see past that, its all on you

Not sure what brand of 'Christianity' you follow, but it sure isnt mine

Instead of dropping this argument and praising a great Christian, you go right in for the unsupported dirt... go to hell
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #126
Banned!

Quote:
You chose to attack a good man with no prompting

You presented O proof of malfeasance, and you offered O resistance to the claims that he was a fake

Instead you rode the backs of other hateful liars who proclaimed him a greedy phony with O proof... if you're not Christian enough to see past that, its all on you

Not sure what brand of 'Christianity' you follow, but it sure isnt mine

Instead of dropping this argument and praising a great Christian, you go right in for the unsupported dirt... go to hell
You're right. My brand of Christianity is, apparently, nothing like yours. Thank God.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #127
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
You're right. My brand of Christianity is, apparently, nothing like yours. Thank God.
Amen, you phony
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #128
Starter

Quote:
Not sure that's what Jesus would say ^^^

You're gonna have a bad time around 2050 when the population hits 12 billion and Atheism becomes the global religion, out of necessity, to stop all the current leading religions from breeding the planet to destruction.
ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #129
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire View Post

You're gonna have a bad time around 2050 when the population hits 12 billion and Atheism becomes the global religion, out of necessity, to stop all the current leading religions from breeding the planet to destruction.
Thanks, Cap'n One World Global Religion

Now go pound sand with the rest of the godless UN assembly
Old 02-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #130
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

A man who is truly resting in peace. Not a perfect man, but he has a perfect Lord and Savior.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #131
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire View Post

I think you're waaaaay too optimistic. That's in 30 years.

But I like the vibe of your post. Reminds me of star trek

GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #132
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
Thread icon says this is a news thread, not a prayer thread. Seems to me that criticisms of somebody who was a homophobe, anti-Semite, and religious profiteer are fair game in a news thread.
My mistake. I guess it's your choice to be low class then.

Your mistake.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #133
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrapethat View Post
I think you're waaaaay too optimistic. That's in 30 years.
It is a bit early. But 2050, that's when the population wars will start between the Muslims and the Christians and the Jews and all the other major players that are currently and all share the same end game - to outbreed each other.

Once the smoke and anthrax and chemical weapons cease momentarily, everyone will agree to a global two child policty and Athiesm will slowly take over, for the sake of world peace.

Eventually, we will be born in tubers by the state, one new human grown for each one that dies, solving the abortion debate forever as well.

I'm not necessarily advocating any of this but I do think its going to happen, barring finding another habitable planet, which we are not on pace to do.
ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefFanForHire < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #134
Supporter

First, where is the evidence that Graham was worth $25 M? The Billy Graham Evangelism Association may be worth that much but that is/was not his money. There is a 15 member Board of Directors who oversees the ministry. My understanding is that his home in N.C. is/was a modest house.

Note: His son Franklin may be making a huge salary ... IMHO he is not of the same character as his father.

Billy made the decision early on that he would receive a salary and not just get money any time he wanted. He knew the criticism he would receive if he didn't. Yes, he wrote books that sold millions of copies, but all of that money went into the treasury of the Association and not into his bank account. And, the Association used/uses the money in ministry all around the world. I have Southeast Asian pastor friends who were able to attend an evangelism conferences in Amsterdam because the Graham Association paid the expenses.

I heard decades ago, as Chiefshrink said above, Graham would have someone else go into his hotel room before he entered. All he needed to ruin his ministry would have been for him to enter his hotel room and a naked woman run out screaming as he entered.

Yes, as some of you have pointed out, he made mistakes. But, as Jesus said, "“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone ..." As I have said, "there has been only one perfect (without sin) person ... and guess what happened to him?" I think the way he handled his "failings" demonstrates his greatness. I can't say the same for the son.

Taxes ... I can attest that the IRS does take an interest into the income of pastors/ministers/religious workers.
Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:59 PM   #135
The talking stonehead

Good to see some level headed Christians with reasonable responses other than “**** you atheist, burn in hell” I’ll admit that a lot of my hate for Billy Graham just comes from the monster he created. While he may have done things right, he basically built the televangelist platform that people like his son, Osteen, and Pat Roberts have turned into an absolute sham.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.