Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 AM  
Inmem 2.0

Plaza III To Close

I remember when Carl took Ed Hartwell there

https://mobile.twitter.com/afgutierr...12541725413376

Live right by the plaza and hardly ever go. There's not much although I hear a Shake Shack is coming.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #61
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I got a buttplug inserted sideways in my ass once. My buttplug delivery guy, he also delivers my craft beer for no extra charge with a free pepperoni pizza, was walking up the steps to my home. I was grilling some Wagyu steaks when I saw him coming up the steps. By the way, have I ever told you I have experience raising Wagyu cattle? Anyway, I sent to meet him at the door and as I opened the door he tripped on the top step and fell into me. As we both hit the floor, I fell o the buttplug and it went right up my pretentious ass through my designer denim jeans.
Dude, now there's cola all over my table from laughing so hard. Lesson to you all, never drink and read a LW post at the same time.
Seriously, I always thought there were better steak places in KC, but Plaza III is an icon and I'm sorry to see it go.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #62
"You like to drink?"

Was a favorite of my grandparents when they were still alive.

But if I were going to a 'fancy' place for steak, I'm choosing 801 or maybe Sullivan's depending on the reason to said fanciness.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #63
The only constant is change

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
McCormick and Schmick's is a seafood restaurant. And it's pretty darn good.
It has been a very long time ago after reflecting on it. I am pretty finicky about sea food having spent so much time on both coasts.
I thought we had steak, but it could have been seafood.
We used to make regular rounds to Union Station, Hereford House, Baby Does (my favorite) and the one we are discussing was a one time thing.
Whatever it was, the ceiling impressed me more than the meal.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if we crossed paths back in the day.

I worked auto parts from around 80-81 until the mid 90's.

Were you in a store or warehouse?
Warehouse salesman territory manager, called on Jobbers. Started out with ADI (pro am part stop) that became Carquest, then went to Green Light that became Parts Plus. Had Western Kansas, then southeast Kansas.

Had to come to KC for sales meetings on a pretty regular basis.

You?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #65
MVP

SR

We know, how long it's been, shit you worked there in the 90's. The picture I posted is the main dining room at their Kansas Location. When they lost their, lease to make room for Jules? Bristol took it apart and reinstalled it in a new building, about a year later. Pissing the Hassad and JC Nichols Co off big time.It was a nice kick in the shorts for kicking them out after 15 years

There is no longer a dome light installed in the ceiling in the current Capitol Grill location. Rumor had it they, Bristol, had sheet rocked over it, when actually they took it with them.

The dome at McCormick & Schmick's is part of the structure and as I recall was built after Bristol was gone. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mc...!4d-94.5932551
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Warehouse salesman territory manager, called on Jobbers. Started out with ADI (pro am part stop) that became Carquest, then went to Green Light that became Parts Plus. Had Western Kansas, then southeast Kansas.

You?
Did you work for Mathews in Tulsa? (I did business with them in KC in the 90's) Or, ???? their name on SW BLVD and 7th St that was APA or Bumper to Bumper then Parts Plus now a Mexican food processor
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #67
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
SR

We know, how long it's been, shit you worked there in the 90's. The picture I posted is the main dining room at their Kansas Location. When they lost their, lease to make room for Jules? Bristol took it apart and reinstalled it in a new building, about a year later. Pissing the Hassad and JC Nichols Co off big time.It was a nice kick in the shorts for kicking them out after 15 years

There is no longer a dome light installed in the ceiling in the current Capitol Grill location. Rumor had it they, Bristol, had sheet rocked over it, when actually they took it with them.

The dome at McCormick & Schmick's is part of the structure and as I recall was built after Bristol was gone. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mc...!4d-94.5932551
The Capital Grille - fine fine bone-in ribeye and lobster mac-n-cheese!
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #68
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post

You?
I am familiar with ADI/Carquest. I started out in 80 or 81 at Hickman Mills Auto Supply, was there for 5 years. We used ADI a lot. Then went to Dave's Auto Parts (4 stores in Johnson Co.) I believe the owner, Dave Duncan, went to work for Carquest sometime after he sold the stores to Parts Plus.

I kind of bounced around after that. Spent a miserable year at a British car parts store, another miserable year or so at Schneider Bailey selling after market air conditioners. Worked for a bit at a place called Motor Pool, then finished up a couple of different stints at O'Reilly's.

I finally got tired of it and went to college to get a degree and a career in IT.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
You think that they would have learned their lesson when Plaza I and Plaza II failed.
Rainman mult. ^
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #70
Resident Glue Sniffer

Plaza III.5
...now serving chicken tenders.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
I am familiar with ADI/Carquest. I started out in 80 or 81 at Hickman Mills Auto Supply, was there for 5 years. We used ADI a lot. Then went to Dave's Auto Parts (4 stores in Johnson Co.) I believe the owner, Dave Duncan, went to work for Carquest sometime after he sold the stores to Parts Plus.

I kind of bounced around after that. Spent a miserable year at a British car parts store, another miserable year or so at Schneider Bailey selling after market air conditioners. Worked for a bit at a place called Motor Pool, then finished up a couple of different stints at O'Reilly's.

I finally got tired of it and went to college to get a degree and a career in IT.
Dartgod, iirc

BR at 71 nope Peppermill and Richie's Place

ADI that rings a bell, Where was the Warehouse?? APA comes to mind too

I knew Dave Duncan, not well, but dammed that was a long time ago...Dammed if I can't remember all of his stores. Been too long, seems like those days they all kinda looked alike. Dave did go to Carquest, Platte Woods ans 89th and Troost both shuttered. There was a redheaded guy, Camaro, that worked for Parts Plus (didn't they buy Keystone?) as a salesmanthat I worked with...

What was that black haired guys name at SB? And I assume the motor pool was at 38th and Main? Marty Brown... son of a bitch... He was an owner at Keystone/ Bumper to bumper? hooked up Harold Tenenbaum ??? He was a parts hoarder and a shrewd businessman

Which Oreally?

Small enough world?

Last edited by cooper barrett; 02-21-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #72
MVP

This is your chance to open Plaza IV, now with more cowbell.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #73
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Dartgod, iirc

BR at 71 nope Peppermill and Richie's Place

ADI that rings a bell, Where was the Warehouse?? APA comes to mind too

I knew Dave Duncan, not well, but dammed that was a long time ago...Dammed if I can't remember all of his stores. Been too long, seems like those days they all kinda looked alike. Dave did go to Carquest, Platte Woods ans 89th and Troost both shuttered. There was a redheaded guy, Camaro, that worked for Parts Plus (didn't they buy Keystone?) as a salesmanthat I worked with...

What was that black haired guys name at SB? And I assume the motor pool was at 38th and Main? Marty Brown... son of a bitch... He was an owner at Keystone/ Bumper to bumper? hooked up Harold Tenenbaum ??? He was a parts hoarder and a shrewd businessman

Which Oreally?

Small enough world?

You and Dart God should have a nice dinner together just before they close shop at Plaza III - that'd be special.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #74

Quote:
Did you work for Mathews in Tulsa? (I did business with them in KC in the 90's) Or, ???? their name on SW BLVD and 7th St that was APA or Bumper to Bumper then Parts Plus now a Mexican food processor
No Tulsa business, only Oklahoma store I did business with was the Woolwine store in Guyman.

Quote:

ADI was a really big deal back in the day, and I hadn't thought about Daves in a long time. One of the local salesman took me out there once. Was he the guy that would cut your tie off if you wore one in to his store? Our salesman made sure I took mine off before we went into that store.

I remember hearing that Motor Pool name, and of course the O'Reilly's thing went bonkers. Spent some time out in LA with Larry O'Reilly at a AWDA conference. One of my neighbors down here retired after 34 years with them.

Your career sounds similar to mine except for the IT part. Good for you!

My education was in electronics so I got back into that for the remainder of my career.

Last edited by HemiEd; 02-21-2018 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #75

Quote:

ADI that rings a bell, Where was the Warehouse??
3155 Terrace, off 7th street traffic way and darn, I can't remember the other main drag off of 35.
The closest bbq joint was Rosedales and I remember thinking "KC is famous for the Q and this is KCq? It sucks!"

***edit*** just came to me, SW Boulevard