Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 AM  
Inmem 2.0

Plaza III To Close

I remember when Carl took Ed Hartwell there

https://mobile.twitter.com/afgutierr...12541725413376

Live right by the plaza and hardly ever go. There's not much although I hear a Shake Shack is coming.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
That is it! You came through again!

In fact, it almost looks like that picture was taken from the seat I was sitting in.

It was quite a ceiling, but the food was meh.

That picture is a totally different restaurant than on the Plaza. On the Plaza in the 80's ans early 90's. it had a huge round table underneath then they moved it to Leawood..which is the picture I showed.

I posted this but.. This is M&S's dome but I don't think the time frame fits.

The domes are radically different.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 02-21-2018 at 10:12 AM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
It has been a few years, but we went to a fancy restaurant on the Plaza that had an imported stained glass part of the ceiling in the dining area. Kind of round if I remember correctly.

That impressed me more than the food.

Would that have been Plaza III?
If it was just a few years ago, probably McCormick and Schmick
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #48
MVP

I don't go to the Plaza anymore because of the thug assed kids that run around near there. That might be part of the problem for the Plaza. Maybe not. Might be just me.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #49
Bring It Home

Good. I've been waiting on Plaza IV to be released forever.
JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.JoeyChuckles threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #50
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
We used to eat there every Thanksgiving if we were in town and then go to the lighting ceremonies. It was about the only time I could WOW my mother and father in law.

With all the great places to eat steak, and myself preferring to cook steak at home, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did after failing to expand. I think the writing was on the wall but new owners of the Plaza have debt service to deal with and probably bumped the rent, big time.
yeah - not surprised - I doubt the Plaza ever fully dies - but I'd be shocked if the indoor malls didn't go belly-up (eventually) - Amazon and other online factions have all but killed the indoor malls - Restaurant, Specialized boutiques and financial institutions will (most likely) be enough for the CC Plaza to hold shape.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #51
Wasted away again...

Quote:
That name rings a bell more than the other one. I worked for CarQuest then Green Light auto parts from 81 to 90, so I would guess it would be in that time frame.
Hmmm, I wonder if we crossed paths back in the day.

I worked auto parts from around 80-81 until the mid 90's.

Were you in a store or warehouse?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #52
Resident Glue Sniffer

I typically pronounce Plaza II with a long "Plaaaaaaza"; similar to James Bottomtooth from Family Guy....or any of the other rich guy characters.

it makes it sound way more classy.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
yeah - not surprised - I doubt the Plaza ever fully dies - but I'd be shocked if the indoor malls didn't go belly-up (eventually) - Amazon and other online factions have all but killed the indoor malls - Restaurant, Specialized boutiques and financial institutions will (most likely) be enough for the CC Plaza to hold shape.
Nordstrom's is moving their Oak Park Mall store there.

Craig Glazer wrote a piece about this in 2014 almost predicting P lll's demise.

Shopping closer to home, dining closer and with alcohol enforcement...

Lack of places that draw, It's becoming national brands from food to bars. There are no clubs, hot bars anymore.

There is the eastern influx which tends to keep people away too. Crimes in Westport and Plaza areas do not exist in Leawood and OP.

But basically his point has been that there just isn't a reason for the 20-40 somethings to go there anymore when the suburbs have built the complexes to compete with the Plaza and compete well.

In closing he said the Plaza needs superstars to attract younger crowds and having a reason NOT to drive through Westwood to get home is reason enough to stay away.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #54
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymitch View Post
Nabil owned, or used to own, four restaurants in the Plaza. So maybe the money just isn't there anymore? His Winstead's are still going strong.
Many Winsteads have died a slow death. The carpet in many has been there about 15 years too long. Guy seems to really milk his biz and not put anything back into them. Plaza III has been dyeing for years.
hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #55
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Nordstrom's is moving their Oak Park Mall store there.

Craig Glazer wrote a piece about this in 2014 almost predicting P lll's demise.

Shopping closer to home, dining closer and with alcohol enforcement...

Lack of places that draw, It's becoming national brands from food to bars. There are no clubs, hot bars anymore.

There is the eastern influx which tends to keep people away too. Crimes in Westport and Plaza areas do not exist in Leawood and OP.

But basically his point has been that there just isn't a reason for the 20-40 somethings to go there anymore when the suburbs have built the complexes to compete with the Plaza and compete well.

In closing he said the Plaza needs superstars to attract younger crowds and having a reason NOT to drive through Westwood to get home is reason enough to stay away.

That makes sense.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #56
Resident Glue Sniffer

we used to go to M&S each year for our anniversary until 2 years ago when we saw kids everywhere and witnesses a group of them jumping onto the hoods of each parked car along the street. Plus, we used to go there for coffee & to visit the B&N a few times a year

That.

I haven't been in that area since.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #57
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if we crossed paths back in the day.

I worked auto parts from around 80-81 until the mid 90's.

Were you in a store or warehouse?
I got my feet wet back then. My back rooms were stocked by Parts Plus and APA before them.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #58
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Indoor mall death has been on the increase way before online sales. People just don't want to have to walk through a mall to get someplace, they want to park and get in and get out.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #59
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
McCormicks and Schmitts sp?
McCormick & Schmick's
Old 02-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #60
You Sweetie!

Quote:
That is it! You came through again!

In fact, it almost looks like that picture was taken from the seat I was sitting in.

It was quite a ceiling, but the food was meh.
while it was the Bristol the walls were brick - silly that they'd REMOVED the brick - I'm not sure the reasoning - certainly it wasn't to IMPROVE the cosmetics.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote