Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM  
SuperChiefs

LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got

There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #76
Fight, build, win!

Actually I could put the Elders in there with a Band that didnt get there just due.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #77
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Was Shooting Star also once Morningstar for some reason I thought when they got their record label the name changed. I also remember Morningstar playing at a JHS or HS assembly cant remember which one.

No, completely different band. I can't recall off the top of my head any of their songs, but I do remember seeing them open for Triumph at Memorial Hall one time.

http://www.kcmorningstar.com/
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #78
Fight, build, win!

Gerry Rafferty a huge talent with Stealers Wheel, The Pacemakers just fell off the map became reclusive then died.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #79
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Gerry Rafferty a huge talent with Stealers Wheel, The Pacemakers just fell off the map became reclusive then died.
Did you win those tickets to the Monster Truck Extravaganza at the Carson Fairgrounds? I heard Big Daddy Don Bodean was there with The Bohemoth.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #80
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Did you win those tickets to the Monster Truck Extravaganza at the Carson Fairgrounds? I heard Big Daddy Don Bodean was there with The Bohemoth.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:05 PM
Baby Lee
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: Not Germane
Old 02-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #81
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
The Strawbs
Wishbone Ash
Ambrosia
Anathema
Camel
Weird. I would never have pegged you as a prog fan.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

I saw Wishbone Ash back in the middle 70s. Saw Camel (who I thought was OUTSTANDING) back then, as well...

Now here's a weird concert:

I saw Gentle Giant and the Edgar Winter Group on the same ticket....

Granted, I was working Security for extra cash at the time - but to this day, I still don't get it...

But, to their credit - Gentle Giant was really good!!

But I always really liked Uriah Heep.....
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #83
Go Beavers!

I was never much of a prog fan, outside of early Rush and Pink Floyd along with the occasional Yes and ELP songs. I recently came across a site called "100 Top Prog Albums" or something like that and decided to listen through all of them on Spotify and Youtube. I'm still not a fan of the bands that record hour long jazz fusion type prog but a lot of it was pretty good.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #84
Go Beavers!

Speaking of under-rated and prog, the three Genesis albums right after Peter Gabriel left are really good. I always thought they went straight into the pop sound when Collins took over but they stayed with the prog stuff for a while. I really liked A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering. ... and Then There Were Three isn't as good as the previous two but still listenable. The next album, Duke, was where they went in the pop direction and I didn't care much for that album, though I like the song "Misunderstanding".

I've tried and tried to get into Gabriel era Genesis and it just doesn't connect with me.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #85
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
**** the Blackhawks
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #86
Consuming CP souls

Huey Lewis and the News

Nickelback
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #87
MVP

Johnny Lang.

Never became the super star his talent deserves.

Here he is at 16 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tigVYfHVmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn560Wesh-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySt-ubYiGw8
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #88
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Wut? I'm, like, THE prog rock guy on this site. Annoyingly so. But I'm pleased you recognize the genre.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #89
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Speaking of under-rated and prog, the three Genesis albums right after Peter Gabriel left are really good. I always thought they went straight into the pop sound when Collins took over but they stayed with the prog stuff for a while. I really liked A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering. ... and Then There Were Three isn't as good as the previous two but still listenable. The next album, Duke, was where they went in the pop direction and I didn't care much for that album, though I like the song "Misunderstanding".

I've tried and tried to get into Gabriel era Genesis and it just doesn't connect with me.
When they lost Steve Hackett in 1977, they abandoned their prog identity. And Then There Were Three is a transitional album, kinda up and down. Duke is where they struck the best balance between pop and prog. After that it was a steady journey into pop (although I do like Abacab).
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #90
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Wut? I'm, like, THE prog rock guy on this site. Annoyingly so. But I'm pleased you recognize the genre.
I know. It was just a joke based on your username.