Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM  
SuperChiefs

LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got

There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #32
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
My **** sister did. I've spent my entire life doing whatever is diametrically opposite of whatever the **** she does.
I've heard you reference the sister before. Please don't judge them men off her merit. They got skills.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #33
In Search of a Life

Toad the Wet Sprocket
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #34
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Nazareth
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I've heard you reference the sister before. Please don't judge them men off her merit. They got skills.
Right on. I suppose that's not fair.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #36
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstock View Post
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
The similarities to Page are undeniable, wouldnt argue the Jimmy influence at all

I'm just an ear player with little formal training, but Jimmies influence is undeniable with Jake Kiszka... dont care either way, love what those kids do

They're plenty young enough to grow and put their own stamp on things, I'll tell you this much... if they come around here, I'm there
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #37
Wasted away again...

RE: Greta Van Fleet. A friend introduced me to them a few weeks ago. Never heard of them before, but I really dig their sound. And yes, the lead singer is eerily a clone of Robert Plant.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #38
Trippin' BAWLZ

The Suicide Machines
DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #39
Wasted away again...

They're pretty well known in KC, but never reached the level of success they should have because of bad management.

Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #40
Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
They're pretty well known in KC, but never reached the level of success they should have because of bad management.

McClain still lives, or has a house in KC.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #41
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

There was a singer about 15 years ago named Neal Coty who was great, but he only released two albums and then disappeared. Here's the lead song from his first album, which is a great story song.

He was more blues/country on the first album. On the second album, he went very country, but even though I don't like country music I really liked his album. Here's one of my favorites off that one.

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #42
MVP

Scorpions:

Accept

Thin Lizzy

GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:30 AM   #43
Toothpick Assasin

Deep Purple
UL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutUL Washington is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-17-2018, 12:40 AM   #44
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
McClain still lives, or has a house in KC.
I guess he went through some pretty serious health issues recently. Complications from the West Nile virus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UL Washington View Post
Deep Purple
I wouldn't call Deep Purple underrated.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:48 AM   #45
MVP

A Few really good local bands
Nave brothers. Great blues
Disco Dick and the mirror balls. 70's
Stolen Winnebagos. A bit of everything

Fun local bands that play around KC
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.