Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 PM  
The Priest and I

Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson

1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #121
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’m really excited to see who else we can add to the secondary this offseason. I want our group to have some serious swagger. Talented secondaries like Seattle’s and Jacksonville’s always play like they’re invincible, they have that aggressive mindset and seem hungry to dominate.

We’ve got some of the key pieces in place to put a group together like that. Need a couple more though.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #122
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I’m really excited to see who else we can add to the secondary this offseason. I want our group to have some serious swagger. Talented secondaries like Seattle’s and Jacksonville’s always play like they’re invincible, they have that aggressive mindset and seem hungry to dominate.

We’ve got some of the key pieces in place to put a group together like that. Need a couple more though.
I think Safety may be the first pick for the Chiefs.

If you can get one of Watts/Allen/White or even Elliott, you can get a starter opposite Berry with some swagger to their game. Watts is who I’d target as he fills Parker’s role arguably better than the others. Great man coverage guy whether free or locked up on a receiver. Solid tackler with great instincts.
Elliott might be the most versatile, White the most physical. Allen is great at blitzing and excels in zone.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #123
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yep

They need a few dl and Olb signings like this before the draft and we’re good.

I’m really on the trey burton bandwagon at this moment
Burton is primed to get overpaid, although I do think he is a good player. I bet he gets $6-7M per year.

The question is, will Harris be the same guy we saw with Mahomes against Denver? Because we can work with that guy. But if he is going to be the normal version of himself... we can do better.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #124
MVP

Local Raider fans near me tell me KC better have a good "burn ward" nearby lol. On a serious note, Amerson isn`t bad but just hasn`t seen the field much due to constant injuries, prone to concussions, etc. His first year with the Raiders he looked great and then went downhill the next 2 seasons so we will see.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #125
Supporter

I don’t think Amerson has a shot in hell of being on the field on 1st and 2nd downs unless there’s an injury.

He’s a depth signing, not a starter signing.

Hell, he may not even make the 53.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #126
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
Local Raider fans near me tell me KC better have a good "burn ward" nearby lol. On a serious note, Amerson isn`t bad but just hasn`t seen the field much due to constant injuries, prone to concussions, etc. His first year with the Raiders he looked great and then went downhill the next 2 seasons so we will see.
Meh, Del Rio runs a shitty ship and always has... Amerson is far from the only player who regressed on his watch
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #127
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don’t think Amerson has a shot in hell of being on the field on 1st and 2nd downs unless there’s an injury.

He’s a depth signing, not a starter signing.

Hell, he may not even make the 53.
Well I would assume he makes it if we are for sure on the hook for $2.25M, but I’d say he’s competing with Nelson to start in nickel packages at best. At least we aren’t on the hook for anything after this season. If it doesn’t work out, no big deal. Solid depth corner.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #128
Supporter

Quote:
Burton is primed to get overpaid, although I do think he is a good player. I bet he gets $6-7M per year.
Paying $6-7 million for a tight end, especially since they're paying $9.96 million to Kelce, is a luxury that the Chiefs just can't afford.

They signed Jace Amaro to a Futures Deal and I'd like to see them sign Crockett Gilmore to a one year deal. It's a roll of the dice but if either guy can stay healthy, the Tight End position would be loaded going into 2018.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #129
Supporter

Quote:
Well I would assume he makes it if we are for sure on the hook for $2.25M, but I’d say he’s competing with Nelson to start in nickel packages at best. At least we aren’t on the hook for anything after this season. If it doesn’t work out, no big deal. Solid depth corner.
Have full contract details been released?

I understand that his base is $2.25, with escalators up to $6 million, but as long as there's no guaranteed money (and I'd be surprised if it was anything other than $100k or so), the Chiefs could release him without any cap hit.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #130
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Thats true

Good luck to Phillip in the future also. Sometimes its just not a fit for whatever reason. He definitely has talent
Yes thanks!
All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #131
Be Kind To Your Pets

I was wondering what Phil's mom thought about all this. See that she checked in.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:
Paying $6-7 million for a tight end, especially since they're paying $9.96 million to Kelce, is a luxury that the Chiefs just can't afford.

They signed Jace Amaro to a Futures Deal and I'd like to see them sign Crockett Gilmore to a one year deal. It's a roll of the dice but if either guy can stay healthy, the Tight End position would be loaded going into 2018.
No guarantee Harris gets let go. Andy uses him well. The problem is he cannot become a #1 if Kelce goes down. I can’t see Amaro making the roster. He is too one dimensional. The draft could bear a #2 TE option for the Chiefs that could develop into a #1b option if they want to invest in a guy early.
Stoedert and Hurst are likely out of range, but Gesicki or Fumagalli have a chance to be productive, solid pros.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #133
In Search of a Life

Yeah burton would be a bit of a luxury but it would make that spot a huge strength as he could play a lot of spots
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #134
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Sean smith wasn't a roll of the dice.
He was underperforming and he overperformed while here under contract. We cut bait at the perfect time. I think the Sean Smith comparison is a very good one IF we have him play to the bump and run strength that a guy like this should play at. I assume that's the plan. If it's just to play off coverage, then it's a stupid signing.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #135
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Have full contract details been released?

I understand that his base is $2.25, with escalators up to $6 million, but as long as there's no guaranteed money (and I'd be surprised if it was anything other than $100k or so), the Chiefs could release him without any cap hit.
TE is one of the deepest positions in this draft. I would love to get one in the mid rounds.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.