Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 PM  
The Priest and I

Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson

1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #31
Prestige Worldwide

Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson

The guy is garbage.

Raider fans were ecstatic when he got cut.

The only good thing about this is that we are not overly committed to him.

A “meh” signing in other words.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Why not?
It was a three year contract, he was signed to start. All I'm saying is he wasn't a lotto ticket like this guy.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #33
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
JMO— but I think Amerson was signed to be the outside corner in nickel packages. There’s just no way he agrees to a deal that is filled with escalators if he doesn’t believe he’s going to play a good share of snaps.
This, no doubt about it
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #34
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Worst case scenario, he still provides an upgrade to our CB depth.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #35
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I expect Hali to released next week or the week after, to give fans time to “mourn” the cutting of Derrick Johnson.
I thought dj said his restructure last year voided this year?
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #36
Money

Amerson sucks. He's horrible. He was getting torched in every game I watched the Raiders play. My best friend (raider fan) is laughing his ass off at this. No way he's better than Nelson.
DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #37
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
The guy is garbage.

Raider fans were ecstatic when he got cut.

The only good thing about this is that we are not overly committed to him.

A “meh” signing in other words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
It was a three year contract, he was signed to start. All I'm saying is he wasn't a lotto ticket like this guy.
He is a second round pick who under performed early on, exactly the same as Sean Smith

Obviously thats no guarantee he will be as good for us as Smith was, but at least recognize that this was indeed a good 'roll of the dice'... we've had some luck with guys like Amerson before
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
I thought dj said his restructure last year voided this year?
Yes but the Chiefs decided not to bring him back.

He wanted to come back, even on a cheap deal but the Chiefs said they were moving on from him.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #39
Most Valuable Villain

Chiefs signed CB David Amerson to a one-year, $2.25 million contract.
Amerson can earn another $3.75 million through incentives. This, of course, is not the destination the Raiders would have picked. Amerson, 26, stays in the AFC West with Kansas City, which needs a starting right cornerback across from LCB Marcus Peters with Kendall Fuller in the slot. Amerson was a 2015 revelation in Oakland after a trade from Washington, then fizzled out immediately after signing a 2016 five-year, $34 million deal. On a one-year prove-it contract with the Chiefs, Amerson will have full motivation in 2018.

Looks like the max he can get is $6 million.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #40
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
He is a second round pick who under performed early on, exactly the same as Sean Smith

Obviously thats no guarantee he will be as good for us as Smith was, but at least recognize that this was indeed a good 'roll of the dice'... we've had some luck with guys like Amerson before
Not to mention, Smith sure was a stud here... and then he went to Oakland. And looked like AIDS.

Point being, who other than Khalil Mack has been consistently good in that defense for the past several years? No one since Asomugha.

Amerson is coming here on a prove-it deal, and he gets to play in a secondary with 3 Pro Bowl/AP level players around him. If it’s my money, I’d bet on him having success.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #41
Why so serious?

Depth in the secondary! A wasteland last season. Not sure I like him more than Terrence Mitchell but I can appreciate the Chiefs trying to shake things up if they see potential. He’s no worse than Gaines.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #42
Sarcasm

He's better than Gaines, but he still sucks.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #43
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Not to mention, Smith sure was a stud here... and then he went to Oakland. And looked like AIDS.

Point being, who other than Khalil Mack has been consistently good in that defense for the past several years? No one since Asomugha.

Amerson is coming here on a prove-it deal, and he gets to play in a secondary with 3 Pro Bowl/AP level players around him. If it’s my money, I’d bet on him having success.
Jack Dios Mio, and Ken Norton Jr could **** up a cup of coffee

If Amerson has any talent, Al Harris and Emmitt Thomas will find it
Old 02-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #44
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

So this is interesting. Apparently Amerson missed the last 9 games last season. Team doctors were shooting up his shoulder at half time of the first Chiefs game when he complained about his foot being injured. This was the same game that Tyreek burned him, of course. Not that the foot injury would have mattered, but the point is he wasn’t healthy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-david-amerson

Quote:
In fact, it was against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 19 when Amerson was in the locker room, getting his upper body checked out by team staff, that he noticed his lower body was hurting.

"Right before halftime, they were shooting up my shoulder and I told the trainers, 'Yo, something's wrong with my foot,'" Amerson recalled. "It felt like a burning sensation and it felt weak."

And while he said he was not diagnosed with a Lisfranc fracture, nor could he recall a specific play in which the foot was injured, Amerson said he did have ligament damage.

"It couldn't take the impact," Amerson said. "I couldn't push or cut."
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #45
MVP

Peters, Fuller, Amerson, Nelson, Mitchell,
Out: Revis, Acker, and likely Gaines

Yeah, we are better in the secondary already.

I think Parker will get cut too. They need some range and speed at safety along with willing tacklers. I think McQuay sticks as cheap depth along with Terrell, but I expect a high pick investment in safety. Murray and Sorenson were not good last season.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.