Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #91
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I believe in eating based on blood type and Atkins does not suit me or others well at all. There is no one size fits diet. Sorry disagree.
This.

I'm a huge fan of low carb/keto eating but not everyone can do it. Some people have medical conditions that prevent them from trying it. Keto doesn't cure everything (despite what advocates say.)

I did do a 10 day "water fast." (I ate nothing for 10 days - only took in fiber capsules, two multivitamins a day, and drank 0 calorie powerade for magnesium/potassium/salt.) I lost 20 lbs, I've kept it off for almost 6 months now, and was amazed how much better I felt.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #92
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
This.

I'm a huge fan of low carb/keto eating but not everyone can do it. Some people have medical conditions that prevent them from trying it. Keto doesn't cure everything (despite what advocates say.)

I did do a 10 day "water fast." (I ate nothing for 10 days - only took in fiber capsules, two multivitamins a day, and drank 0 calorie powerade for magnesium/potassium/salt.) I lost 20 lbs, I've kept it off for almost 6 months now, and was amazed how much better I felt.
Fiber capsules? I never heard of those. Do they make your belly feel full enough so you feel somewhat satiated?
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #93
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Fiber capsules? I never heard of those. Do they make your belly feel full enough so you feel somewhat satiated?
That's a side effect, yes. More importantly it keeps you from getting constipated at first (first 3 days while food is still in your system) and other fates worse than watching a Chiefs home playoff game...

These are what I take (around $10.)

Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #94
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
That's a side effect, yes. More importantly it keeps you from getting constipated at first (first 3 days while food is still in your system) and other fates worse than watching a Chiefs home playoff game...

Interesting. I would think psyllium husks would do the same.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #95
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
This.

I know of some men that ate one of those hi-carb lo-fat diets who still had heart attacks. Turned out they improved with a more hi-fat paleo diet, including allowing cream and butter instead. Cholesterol plunged, blood pressure improved etc. Sugar can create a problem for that and it also increased inflammation.
Inflammation is a factor that is being looked at more.

I've a cousin, who was slim her whole life, yet she ate lots of butter, actually her whole family, never dieted and pretty much ate what she wanted and still has never gained weight. She is always trying to stay up to 105 pounds at what I think is 5'2" or just under that. She just can't gain weight. It's her metabolism as well as the rest of them in that family.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:30 AM   #96
Settle this once and forever

That's bullshit, dude. Her metabolism might be a little higher than the average but if she "just can't gain weight" she simply isn't eating enough or she's too active for the amount she is eating.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #97
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
There’s many ways to skin a cat.

It’s mostly about daily caloric intake vs what you’re burning. Accomplish that in any way you want and you’ll have success. The stuff that was incorrect was that eating every few hours kept your metabolism high. It really doesn’t matter. It’s just accomplishing calories in vs calories out. Don’t need to get cute with how you do it. Fasting shortens my feeding window and I take in less calories.
There is no truth that by eating larger meals you spike insulin levels causing more fat storage?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #98
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
That's bullshit, dude. Her metabolism might be a little higher than the average but if she "just can't gain weight" she simply isn't eating enough or she's too active for the amount she is eating.
Nope. Her whole family is skinny. I think it's genetics but that's jmo.

If I ate what she ate, I'd gain 5-10 pounds easily.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #99
Gimme My Berries Back!

In fact, Virus, this article seems to confirm what I have observed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm
Old 02-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #100
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
There is no truth that by eating larger meals you spike insulin levels causing more fat storage?
Insulin doesn't make you fat. Calories make you fat.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #101
Molôn Labé

Quote:

Just make you up some good kale smoothies in the nutribullet you will be shitting a pile , kickin it over and starting a new one in no time at all

Kale
Unsweetened Almond Milk
5 blueberries
and a little stevia or xylitol
add a couple of ice cubes if you want it thicker
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #102
Molôn Labé

Quote:
I know of some men that ate one of those hi-carb lo-fat diets who still had heart attacks. Turned out they improved with a more hi-fat paleo diet, including allowing cream and butter instead. Cholesterol plunged, blood pressure improved etc. Sugar can create a problem for that and it also increased inflammation.
Inflammation is a factor that is being looked at more.

I've a cousin, who was slim her whole life, yet she ate lots of butter, actually her whole family, never dieted and pretty much ate what she wanted and still has never gained weight. She is always trying to stay up to 105 pounds at what I think is 5'2" or just under that. She just can't gain weight. It's her metabolism as well as the rest of them in that family.
My blood glucose numbers are very close to someone who is not Diabetic since I have been on this keto stuff
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #103
Mod Team

Quote:
Ah, the ole' you don't know science ad hom/ logical fallacy. That's odd, usually vegans criticize that book. My niece is a registered dietician. I don't have to go reading reams of scientific research. There's all kinds anyway, when it comes to food and nutrition and plenty of it contradicts other studies. There's lo fat, paleo such as Atkins, the Zone, Macro and on and on and on.

What I know is the list for my blood type, matches the list from my blood work by my allergy doctor. I don't rely on the book for one profile but as part of more factors including genetics. Plus, I feel better.

BTW your beloved NIH turned out to be wrong about parabens now that they're being removed from products for being found in biopsies of folks with skin and breast cancer. There was an article in the WSJ about it. Your trusted sources are still on the ole' saturated fat is dangerous for you, when inflammation is now considered more of a health factor for heart issues. They're not always right either. And doctors barely study nutrition—if at all.
If your registered dietician niece is prescribing diets based on blood type, I’d like her name so I can turn her in to the state board for malpractice.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #104
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Ah, the ole' you don't know science ad hom/ logical fallacy. That's odd, usually vegans criticize that book.
Speaking of logical fallacies... let's go over a couple...

Quote:
My niece is a registered dietician. I don't have to go reading reams of scientific research. There's all kinds anyway, when it comes to food and nutrition and plenty of it contradicts other studies. There's lo fat, paleo such as Atkins, the Zone, Macro and on and on and on.
This one is called appeal to authority. You're ignoring reams of scientific research to satisfy your confirmation bias. You ignore the totality of scientific knowledge of the subject in favor of the outlying opinion of one person who's opinion you agree with.

Quote:
What I know is the list for my blood type, matches the list from my blood work by my allergy doctor. I don't rely on the book for one profile but as part of more factors including genetics. Plus, I feel better.
This fallacy is called False Cause.

Quote:
BTW your beloved NIH turned out to be wrong about parabens now that they're being removed from products for being found in biopsies of folks with skin and breast cancer. There was an article in the WSJ about it. Your trusted sources are still on the ole' saturated fat is dangerous for you, when inflammation is now considered more of a health factor for heart issues. They're not always right either. And doctors barely study nutrition—if at all.
This one is a bit of Gambler's Fallacy and a bit of Ad Hominem. You think that because science was wrong about parabens(which itself is an incorrect statement), or saturated fat (also wrong), that they will be wrong about everything.

You are a poor critical thinker, convinced that you're the opposite. It's really a shame. Entertaining though....
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #105
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Nope. Her whole family is skinny. I think it's genetics but that's jmo.

If I ate what she ate, I'd gain 5-10 pounds easily.
Genetics play a role in literally everything, I wouldn't dispute that. But saying "she can eat whatever she wants and never get fat" is just shit fat people say to make themselves feel better about being fat.

Quote:
In fact, Virus, this article seems to confirm what I have observed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm
You realize this proved nothing, right? Without recording every bit of information down to starting body composition and on to calories in/calories out there's no way to come to any legitimate conclusion that would bolster your argument.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote