Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #61
MVP

I thought thread title said “Intermittent Fisting”

I clicked on it because I thought it was about the chiefs and their playoff record
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #62
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I heard that fasting for 3 days straight would reset your immune system. So I fasted for 4 days straight. Nothing but water for 4 days. After 2 days, my hunger completely disappeared. I never felt a hint of hunger the last 2 days. Bizzare.

It was also weird not to take a dump the last day. I was empty. It also felt really weird to eat after 4 days without food.

I did pray to God to take away my hunger, so believe it or don't. Either he did or I didn't need him to. It was enlighteneng to know I could go 4 days without food with no headaches or fatigue or other symptoms. I felt great actually. Who knows if it jump started my immune system.

I really need to get on a fasting meal program. Daily, every other day, 5:2 or otherwise.

I find daily to not work at all. I am always ready for meals at irregular times outside the eating window. I think every other day would work better, but what happens to daily coffee?
Why would you need to do that? Were you on chemo or something?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #63
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
I'm pretty much ADF as well (we've talked about it in the Fitness thread I'm sure). Though really I do what people are calling "fasting" these days almost daily (16-8). All that really requires is skipping breakfast. I do almost 23 hour fasts on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I usually fast (though not strictly) on Tuesdays and Thursday as well, but I'll sometimes eat breakfast or lunch if I feel like it.
I try not to eat at all on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, though if I get super hungry I'll allow myself up to 500 cals (usually some eggs or fat free Greek yogurt) then eat what I want on the other days. It works out to a 36 hour fast and then a 12 hour eating window over two days, though Friday and Saturday are both "Up Days".

I've tried the forms of IF with daily eating windows like 16:8 and Fast 5 but don't do that well with them. For one thing, I can still pack away a bunch of food in those windows.

I feel amazing when doing 4:3. Lots of energy and it seems to help a lot with some arthritic joint pain. Physically, it's pretty easy. The struggle is the mental aspect (wanting to eat just because) and fitting into other people's schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
My wife and I were just talking about fasting last night. We've been (along with a lot of other folks on the old Workout threads) fasting for like 6 or 7 years. People used to tell us were unhealthy and crazy (conventional wisdom at that time was the graze on small portions throughout the day). It's been really entertaining to see a lot of those same people now tell us all about their new fasting diet that they're doing (forgetting that we've been doing it for a good while and that they used to think we were weird for it).

It's really become quite a fad as of late, though, once again, I'm not sure about the 16:8 fast that everyone is doing. Doesn't really seem like a fast to me, but I haven't really read the science on it.
I get a lot of that too and basically don't tell people what I'm doing. My parents, for one, are the "OMG, you have to eat breakfast every day or you'll die!" types so IF doesn't come up when we visit. However, a recent study shows that true ADF beats classic dieting and is as safe, so I am getting more ammo for the doubters.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #64
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I try not to eat at all on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, though if I get super hungry I'll allow myself up to 500 cals (usually some eggs or fat free Greek yogurt) then eat what I want on the other days. It works out to a 36 hour fast and then a 12 hour eating window over two days, though Friday and Saturday are both "Up Days".

I've tried the forms of IF with daily eating windows like 16:8 and Fast 5 but don't do that well with them. For one thing, I can still pack away a bunch of food in those windows.

I feel amazing when doing 4:3. Lots of energy and it seems to help a lot with some arthritic joint pain. Physically, it's pretty easy. The struggle is the mental aspect (wanting to eat just because) and fitting into other people's schedule.

I get a lot of that too and basically don't tell people what I'm doing. My parents, for one, are the "OMG, you have to eat breakfast every day or you'll die!" types so IF doesn't come up when we visit. However, a study shows that true ADF beats classic dieting and is as safe, so I am getting more ammo for the doubters.
I can't even comprehend not eating 3 out of 7 days of the week. Witchcraft.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #65
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
You've got to learn to be hungry.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #66
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You've got to learn to be hungry.
Hunger comes and goes but doesn't hang around long each time.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #67
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Dieting three days a week beats dieting seven days a week hands down.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #68
Starter

It's only been 5 days, but does it get any easier as time goes on?
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #69
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggity View Post
Yes
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #70
Mod Team

Quote:
Starts to feel normal and actually good around 2 weeks.

I actually feel like I have more energy at work During my morning fast.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #71
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Starts to feel normal and actually good around 2 weeks.

I actually feel like I have more energy at work During my morning fast.
Nice. What time frame do you eat?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #72
Mod Team

Quote:
Nice. What time frame do you eat?
Noon-8pm.

I workout between 1:30-2:30 usually as well 3-4x per week.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #73
Just Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Noon-8pm.

I workout between 1:30-2:30 usually as well 3-4x per week.
How many days do you fast? Is 16/8 good everyday or should you break it up?

I am on day 4 and find it normal. No real hunger pains, just cravings. The joys of working around food all day.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #74
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
How many days do you fast? Is 16/8 good everyday or should you break it up?

I am on day 4 and find it normal. No real hunger pains, just cravings. The joys of working around food all day.
I fast 16/8 pretty much every day. Sometimes on a weekend I'll cook a nice breakfast and eat around 8 a.m. but that's rare.

I don't see a need for 24 hour fasts.

I also honestly just enjoy eating like this now. No having to take time with breakfast before work or packing some extravagant lunch. I don't have to work my day around food any more which makes me more efficient getting things done.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #75
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I heard that fasting for 3 days straight would reset your immune system.
From who?
AssEaterChief has disabled reputation