Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2017, 09:42 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Annihilation (2018)

Looks interesting...

Anybody read the novels it's based off?

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran

Haven't read the novel but I hear its really good . This looks great . I loved the director's previous film Ex Machina so count me in .
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
Veteran

This is getting a lot of great reviews. Can't wait to see it this weekend!

On a side note, Paramount might be the worst (or one of the worst) studios out there in Hollywood. From what I read online, this is only getting theater releases in USA & Canada and getting a release on Netflix everywhere else in the world. lol its bad enough they dumped it in Feb but apparently the studio thought this film was too "intellectual " for the avg movie goer. smh
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Supporter

Evidently, they should have read the rest of the series. In a later book you finally find out Natalie's character is Asian, . . . and Natalie's not. . . . Soooooo,
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Evidently, they should have read the rest of the series. In a later book you finally find out Natalie's character is Asian, . . . and Natalie's not. . . . Soooooo,
SPOILER ALERT DAMN IT!!! just kidding of course haha. I've read up on the internet outrage over that and couldn't help but chuckle. The freaking author of the book was so blown away by this film (in particular the 3rd act & ending) . So if the director approves , I think its all good. Really really can't wait to see this.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
Live free or die hard

It's just a matter of time before Natalie Portman stars as the reluctant hero chopping firewood in bum **** nowhere Alaska when a helicopter lands full of cloak and dagger personal.

Agent X: Natalie, we need you. We need your skills!! Your country needs you!!!
Natalie: I told you...I'm retired. That life is behind me!

Chaos ensues.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Out today and getting really strong reviews, but the studio doesn’t like its commercial appeal. I guess it’s headed to Netflix in a few weeks.

Will you watch?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:12 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Out today and getting really strong reviews, but the studio doesn’t like its commercial appeal. I guess it’s headed to Netflix in a few weeks.

Will you watch?
Is that US or international? Looking forward to this one. Read the book which had a lot going for it and looking forward to the director's follow up to Ex Machina.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #9
Veteran

saw this yesterday and really really liked it. Found it to be trippy as hell. The last 20 t0 30 minutes are pretty mind blowing .
Old 02-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #10
BAMF!

Holy ****. I recommend this film, but I don't really know how to explain what I experienced personally. I want to reward any studio making good sci-fi films for one, but yeah, just go see this.

I'm not one who usually feels scared or terrified when watching any kind of film, but

Spoiler!

Mentally this had a similar effect on me as Mother! did, where I just sat for a few minutes in my seat after the credits, devoid of most thought just soaking up what I had seen.

The character's story is lacking, but overall it is an enjoyable film for sure. ****ing beautiful.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 02-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
saw this yesterday and really really liked it. Found it to be trippy as hell. The last 20 t0 30 minutes are pretty mind blowing .
I couldn't help but imagine what some avant-garde or psychedelic director in the 60s would be able to do with today's film tech.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 02-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #12
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

has some good moments and some really bad. Good cinematography and visuals, some really good sound design. But the story was too choppy and nonsensical at times. I haven't read the book but understand it diverts from it quite a bit.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post

Will you watch?
The film tested so poorly that Paramount sold the rights to Netflix, sans the US, Canada and China, where it's been released theatrically.

It won't appear on Netflix in the US until later in the year.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #14
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Cult classic?
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
has some good moments and some really bad. Good cinematography and visuals, some really good sound design. But the story was too choppy and nonsensical at times. I haven't read the book but understand it diverts from it quite a bit.
It does divert but the spirit is true to the book. It isn't a science fiction book really. It is weird fiction or new weird depending upon whether you think it is a resurgence or a new genre. Weird fiction can have science fiction elements, but the genre also hits on ghosts and other supernatural phenomenon, horror, and also fantasy. I actually think it can be best defined by its attention to strong visual language and extremely creative exploration of familiar themes. I thought the movie was pretty great save for a few places where the expectations of the film medium and a few directorial choices designed to keep the story moving did a bit of disservice to the overall mood which was remarkably well done.

Weird fiction, new weird and bizarro fiction are all genres that have developed owing to or along side a love of film making and strong visual story telling. They should make excellent choices for adaptation to film, and this was a really nice try with which the author is extremely pleased, so they did something right. Finding a balance of strong story telling choices that advance a narrative that makes sense in future adaptations of these experimental genres should address your totally valid choppy and nonsensical notes. There are some pretty great authors in these genres (lots of total crap too so step wisely if you venture into that pasture.)
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli