Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #2236
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I still believe he has both Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring completed and is just waiting for the HBO series to be finished. He doesn't want readers to get mixed up with what is happening in the TV show. Doesn't make him any less vindictive , though.
I'm holding out hope that he's writing book 7 and book 6 together to make sure they will completely tie together. These books have to be massive undertakings at this point, and trying to write 6 and then hope 7 works out would be hard. I think you have to pretty much write it through the ending now to be sure you don't screw something up in book 6.

It's going to be GRRM's ultimate final troll job. Make everyone wait and suffer, then drop both books within 6 months of each other.

Most likely this is just wishful thnking on my part.
Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:18 AM   #2237
Supporter

I read all 5 books before the show first aired. At this point, due to both time and my enjoyment of the show, I have no desire to read any more of his books. I wish him well, but he just took too long.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #2238
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I'm holding out hope that he's writing book 7 and book 6 together to make sure they will completely tie together. These books have to be massive undertakings at this point, and trying to write 6 and then hope 7 works out would be hard. I think you have to pretty much write it through the ending now to be sure you don't screw something up in book 6.

It's going to be GRRM's ultimate final troll job. Make everyone wait and suffer, then drop both books within 6 months of each other.

I have no faith that we'll ever see another book in the series from GRRM. None.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #2239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

That fat **** will drop book 6, die and then we'll be stuck with a guest writer for 7 and it will suck donkey balls
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #2240
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
That fat **** will drop book 6, die and then we'll be stuck with a guest writer for 7 and it will suck donkey balls
I dont know about that. Assuming he has written down how he wants the story to travel to his desired end. His writing style is well established. Any good writer should be able to emulate his style.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #2241
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Or it will be much better. Maybe we'd get a streamlined narrative instead of ten page exposes about characters we never hear from again.

As I've said many times, if I had it to do over again I would have never read the books in the first place. All they did was spoil the best moments in the show that everybody else got to enjoy.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #2242
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Or it will be much better. Maybe we'd get a streamlined narrative instead of ten page exposes about characters we never hear from again.

As I've said many times, if I had it to do over again I would have never read the books in the first place. All they did was spoil the best moments in the show that everybody else got to enjoy.
Which moments in particular?

I read the first two books AFTER the first season, then worked through the rest up until Dance, so the death of 'my n***a Ned' was the only full surprise, but I've enjoyed the visual realization anyway.

Trip down memory lane

Spoiler!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #2243
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

I can't agree with this. Book 3 was one of my all time favorite books and the surprising moments while reading it were epic and awesome.

To me it's always better to read first, then watch the movie or TV show. It sucks to do it in reverse because the reading can get tedious if you already know what happens, but the visual representation of a book I've already read is always interesting to me (assuming I liked the book).

I'm glad I read them and have enjoyed them immensely. I just wish he'd stop doing shitty side projects and focus on the task at hand. The very notion that he's spending time working on these other side projects around the ASOIF universe while the main story remains unfinished just pisses me off. I can guaranty you that I will not be purchasing these damn Fire and Blood books as I don't want to give him another dollar until he finishes the main story.
Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #2244
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Which moments in particular?

I read the first two books AFTER the first season, then worked through the rest up until Dance, so the death of 'my n***a Ned' was the only full surprise, but I've enjoyed the visual realization anyway.

Trip down memory lane

Spoiler!
Honestly, I can't remember specifics. Hell, it's been seven or eight years since I've read the first four, and not much less time since I've read the fifth. And while I agree with Hawk that the third book was the best (followed by the first and the second), the fourth book was fairly lame and the fifth book was a only a bit better. So much superfluous crap. Much like Steven King, Martin takes a great 250 page story and makes it 500 pages long.

I do love that video, though. I watched it again just now and probably laughed as hard as the first time I saw it. Again, I wished I hadn't known it was going to happen, although that surprise I saw coming, since Ned was essentially a carbon copy of Duke Leto from Dune.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #2245
pie is never free

Just picked up the complete 7th season on blu-ray, gonna do some hardcore binging later... cant wait!
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #2246
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
I read all 5 books before the show first aired. At this point, due to both time and my enjoyment of the show, I have no desire to read any more of his books. I wish him well, but he just took too long.
This is close to what happened to me. I decided to stop watching the show until the books were finished and now I really have no interest in doing either.

If it gets finished relatively soon I might go back and read the whole series again but I've moved on to other things at this point.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #2247
pie is never free

Just finished the first 3 episodes of season 7 and HOT DAMN do I love this show!

It might be my favorite season ever so far

Clegane is back

Melisandre is still hot as ****

Arya got AWESOME REVENGE in the opener

Snow and Stormborn are working it out

Sir Jorah is healed

Cersei is still a very formidable c**t

Humble Samwell Tarley is becoming a powerful force

Lady Tyrells reveal about Joffreys death to Jamie Lannister was COLD AS ICE

It may not happen this season, but something tells me Jamie will turn against Cersei at some point... there is still something good in him

Its probably even better than the Sopranos or Deadwood overall... the acting, production values and script are all off the charts crazy good... RR Martin may be a genuine asshole, but the world he has created is straight up genius

So glad I gave season one a chance, thanks in no small part to people here like NewChief who helped me make sense of it all early on... such a great show, might have to do another episode or two later tonight
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #2248
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Just finished the first 3 episodes of season 7 and HOT DAMN do I love this show!
I don't do spoilers, but there are EVEN BETTER moments in Season 7 than the one's you've mentioned. Please update after you've finished
otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #2249
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post

It might be my favorite season ever so far

Clegane is back

Melisandre is still hot as ****

Arya got AWESOME REVENGE in the opener

Snow and Stormborn are working it out

Sir Jorah is healed

Cersei is still a very formidable c**t

Humble Samwell Tarley is becoming a powerful force

Lady Tyrells reveal about Joffreys death to Jamie Lannister was COLD AS ICE

It may not happen this season, but something tells me Jamie will turn against Cersei at some point... there is still something good in him

Its probably even better than the Sopranos or Deadwood overall... the acting, production values and script are all off the charts crazy good... RR Martin may be a genuine asshole, but the world he has created is straight up genius

So glad I gave season one a chance, thanks in no small part to people here like NewChief who helped me make sense of it all early on... such a great show, might have to do another episode or two later tonight

Just wait until next episode...
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #2250
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherstar View Post
I don't do spoilers, but there are EVEN BETTER moments in Season 7 than the one's you've mentioned. Please update after you've finished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Just wait until next episode...
You guys have me ready to go ahead and pop in disc two, this show is so damn addictive

But I dont wanna rush through it, each episode must be savored like a great meal... so torn right now