Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM  
oxymoron

Star Wars: Rebels

And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #106
oxymoron

What a cool episode
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #107
mod-ish

Man, I have to catch back up on this show. It blipped off the radar for me. I take it business picks up the further into the season you get?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #108
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Man, I have to catch back up on this show. It blipped off the radar for me. I take it business picks up the further into the season you get?
There are only 16 total episodes in Season One, so they're all pretty important. But that said, some episodes are more entertaining than others.

I'm really hoping they kick it up a notch in the final eight.

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 01-05-2015 at 09:20 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #109
I'll be back.

Was that episode 9 or 10?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #110
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses View Post
Was that episode 9 or 10?
Nine
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #111
Supporter

Tonight's episode was awesome. It also contradicts some of the prequel nonsense, which really sets up everything, from post ROTS to post RTOJ.

Very, very interesting.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #112
I'll be back.

Watching now.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #113
I'll be back.

That was fun. Mystical. Loved hearing Yoda's voice again.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:18 AM   #114
**** SOC & **** YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses View Post
The kid character is pretty annoying though. He's like Aladdin in Star Wars.

The thing about this show is...both that Jedi and the kid need to die to fit in Canon. Hopefully.
That is hysterical. I started watching this because I just drudged through Clone Wars. I hadn't read through the comments but as soon as it started I also thought Aladdin.

It was re-emphasized when Kanan called him a "street rat" (I'm only 12 minutes into the first episode as I type this)
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:13 AM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Tonight's episode was awesome. It also contradicts some of the prequel nonsense, which really sets up everything, from post ROTS to post RTOJ.

Very, very interesting.
Not really spoiler, just curious speculation?

Spoiler!
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #116
oxymoron

Spoiler!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Spoiler!
You are hallucinating again! Either that or I am, but no, I don't think he turned it on.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #118
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
You are hallucinating again! Either that or I am, but no, I don't think he turned it on.
I could swear he switched it on after Kanan handed it back to him before the show went to black. If not, this is it:

Spoiler!

The Wookieepedia entry states that it is a blaster (stun) so you were on to something there.

Kylo is also rumored to start as a rebel pilot, so that would work, but I don't think the ages match up. Ezra would I think be in his 40s if still alive in ep 7. Driver's a good decade younger that that, and probably playing someone still younger than he is.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #119
oxymoron

I thought that episode highlighted once again something Dane theorized, about the show preparing us for more powerful Jedi feats, when the two of them moved the massive stone to reveal the door.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #120
oxymoron

Hope this means we never have to see that stupid slingshot again. If there was any complaint I had about the show it was that.