Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2018, 09:24 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars: I FULLY Geeked Out Today

As most of you know, I've lived and worked in Hollywood since 1993. I've met an endless list of A List directors and actors. Most were really cool and I've become friends with more than a few. I've always treated these people with respect and I've never "Geeked Out" over meeting anyone, from Spielberg to EVH.

Well my friends, today was different.

I headed up to ride my bike at Lake Hollywood at 4:15 this afternoon, my normal time. I do 10 miles and have to leave at 5pm at this time of the year, because that's closing time. Next month it's 6pm, which gives me a little more time in case I'm running late with work. I ride from Gate-to-Gate and bypass the .7 mile portion in which it's on the street. People speed way too much and it's super wind-y, so I don't fee like riding defensively after a full day of work.

Anywho, I'm heading down the path of my first 1.7 miles and a I pass a couple. The guy is wearing a shoddy hoodie sweatshirt and the girl is speaking the King's English. The dude is also carrying a beer, which is prohibited by law at Lake Hollywood.

I think to myself, nah...

I come back around and pass them again, this time from behind, and I hear his voice after taking a swig of his beer. I think to myself, "Nah, no way. Too chubby".

The third time I pass them, I know it, so I stop:

Me: Oh my god! Rogue One is the GREATEST STAR WARS MOVIE EVAR!!!! I bought the BluRay, Digital On Demand, saw it in the theater 4 times and have watched it at least 50 times! Holy crap!

His girl:

Gareth: Thanks, Mate! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah (I couldn't even think).

Me: Holy shit, Dude, you need to do more Star Wars! I love your work, Man!!

Gareth:
Spoiler!

Me: Dude, I LOVE YOUR STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!11111

Dane out.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
sorta mod-ish

Hahaha, you went total Star Wars fanboy nerd on Gareth Edwards! That's fantastic! Glad he took your freaking out in good humor!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
I'll be back.

That's absolutely fantastic.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Hahaha, you went total Star Wars fanboy nerd on Gareth Edwards! That's fantastic! Glad he took your freaking out in good humor!
It was insane. My daughter kept repeating what I told her tonight, laughing at the absurdity of it all.

Seriously, this was better than meeting Sir Paul.

#StarWarsGeekForever
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
That's absolutely fantastic.
Dude, I could barely put together a coherent sentence.

I'm kind of embarrassed now, not because of the story, but because I couldn't think straight but what the hell!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #6
I'll be back.

It's kind of funny because I like Rogue One, and Gareth is cool, but I never would have done that.

Maybe you are a bigger geek than me.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #7
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Maybe you are a bigger geek than me.
oh, I doubt that.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
oh, I doubt that.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #9
Shaken. Not stirred.

With any luck, they will give the trilogy to him.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #10
Has a particular set of skills

I’ve met a lot of famous people too. Although not so much entertainment bigwigs. l get that feeling when meeting someone you admire. I’ve never went full on fanboy but I’ve definitely felt like going full fanboy many times. As many as you have met, it’s about time you went full fanboy.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #11
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I’ve met a lot of famous people too. Although not so much entertainment bigwigs. l get that feeling when meeting someone you admire. I’ve never went full on fanboy but I’ve definitely felt like going full fanboy many times. As many as you have met, it’s about time you went full fanboy.
I've only met a few famous people and it just did nothing for me. lol Of course, it was John Quade and David Copperfield and some of the members of the rock group Chicago. Got to shake their hands.

I've been thinking about is there anyone I might fully geek out about. Maybe Sean Connery, Nathan Fillion, and Bruce Willis.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:45 AM   #12
Immanentize The Eschaton

That's awesome. And I agree that Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Me: Holy shit, Dude, you need to do more Star Wars! I love your work, Man!!

Gareth:
Spoiler!
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #14
Meow

As long as you weren't biking in a slave girl Leia costume its probably a pretty tame encounter for a Star Wars artist.

Last edited by CrazyPhuD; 02-22-2018 at 09:22 PM..
CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #15
The Boom Boom Room

I hope Gareth gets enough work and creative license to un**** TFA & TLJ
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.