Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #4411
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Why is Escobar still in the lineup?
This has been asked 3 years
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #4412
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Re: next year, I can’t see true contention. Maybe they do a 2015 Twins type thing where they play well over their heads and kind of luck into 80+ wins, but unless they make some major moves in FA (which I don’t anticipate), I have a hard time seeing it.

I AM encouraged by Adalberto Mondesi. We’re seeing the talent that I’ve been talking about since he was 16 come out. (Seriously. I first started pumping him when he was in Idaho Falls at 16 doing the same type of things as Jurickson Profar at that level).

The most encouraging thing is that his ability to take good at bats is really taking a jump up. His walk rate is still too low, but if he can increase it a bit as he matures and becomes more comfortable, he becomes a potential star.

I still think they should entertain offers
for Merrifield in the offseason, but they shouldn’t just be moving him to move him. If you get a team willing to pay a price that makes it worth it - which to me is a top 25 prospect and another top 75-100 guy at this point, plus some filler - great. If not, continue to hold him until the price and buyers match up.

I want to see Nicky Lopez next year. Would love to see a Merrifield/Lopez/Mondesi combination in he lineup. Tons of speed, lots of pressure on the D.

For the OF, Gordon has at least been a somewhat respectable hitter this year and his defense rebounded nicely. He’s going to end up a shade over 2 wins. Still not in line with the contract, but next year’s the last year. If he’s just awful again, like 2016 and 2017, they could cut bait early in the year.
CF, for me, would still feature Brett Phillips, though he does have minor league options remaining, which could be a factor. Soler and Bonifacio need to get everyday ABs assuming health and no suspensions, and can rotate through RF and DH.

We need to see O’Hearn and Dozier at 1B and 3B at this point, based on what they’ve done lately. It’s encouraging but needs to be shown out over a full season. That leaves Cuthbert on the short end.

The rotation has a few promising young guys in Keller and Junis and a real enigma in Duffy, and a real albatross in Kennedy.

If Kennedy and Duffy are both healthy and have seasons like they did in 2016, that could be a solid group. Big “if,” though, at this point...

And the bullpen... we’ll see an injection of young arms next year, I think, with Lovelady and likely Staumont getting some run. They have some useful pieces, and I’m sure they’ll go bargain bin shopping for guys like Peralta again. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see the pen be molded into a pretty effective group through a combination of youth and lotto tickets.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #4413
Chiefn' It

Duncan, curious of your thoughts on Jorge Lopez?
Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #4414
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Re: next year, I can’t see true contention. Maybe they do a 2015 Twins type thing where they play well over their heads and kind of luck into 80+ wins, but unless they make some major moves in FA (which I don’t anticipate), I have a hard time seeing it.

I AM encouraged by Adalberto Mondesi. We’re seeing the talent that I’ve been talking about since he was 16 come out. (Seriously. I first started pumping him when he was in Idaho Falls at 16 doing the same type of things as Jurickson Profar at that level).

The most encouraging thing is that his ability to take good at bats is really taking a jump up. His walk rate is still too low, but if he can increase it a bit as he matures and becomes more comfortable, he becomes a potential star.

I still think they should entertain offers
for Merrifield in the offseason, but they shouldn’t just be moving him to move him. If you get a team willing to pay a price that makes it worth it - which to me is a top 25 prospect and another top 75-100 guy at this point, plus some filler - great. If not, continue to hold him until the price and buyers match up.

I want to see Nicky Lopez next year. Would love to see a Merrifield/Lopez/Mondesi combination in he lineup. Tons of speed, lots of pressure on the D.

For the OF, Gordon has at least been a somewhat respectable hitter this year and his defense rebounded nicely. He’s going to end up a shade over 2 wins. Still not in line with the contract, but next year’s the last year. If he’s just awful again, like 2016 and 2017, they could cut bait early in the year.
CF, for me, would still feature Brett Phillips, though he does have minor league options remaining, which could be a factor. Soler and Bonifacio need to get everyday ABs assuming health and no suspensions, and can rotate through RF and DH.

We need to see O’Hearn and Dozier at 1B and 3B at this point, based on what they’ve done lately. It’s encouraging but needs to be shown out over a full season. That leaves Cuthbert on the short end.

The rotation has a few promising young guys in Keller and Junis and a real enigma in Duffy, and a real albatross in Kennedy.

If Kennedy and Duffy are both healthy and have seasons like they did in 2016, that could be a solid group. Big “if,” though, at this point...

And the bullpen... we’ll see an injection of young arms next year, I think, with Lovelady and likely Staumont getting some run. They have some useful pieces, and I’m sure they’ll go bargain bin shopping for guys like Peralta again. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see the pen be molded into a pretty effective group through a combination of youth and lotto tickets.
I am assuming Whit goes to CF and Lopez to 2nd if all 3 guys are with the club?
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #4415
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
I won't mention my undesirable opinion of what to do with Whit, but if you keep him I think you keep him in the IF at 3B once Lopez gets here. Goodwin or Phillips would be the options at CF IMO. The outfield is already potentially crowded enough with Gordon, Goodwin, Phillips, Bonifacio, and Soler. I suppose the IF is just as crowded with Mondesi, Lopez, Merrifield, Dozier, O'Hearn, Merrifield, and Lopez before too long. There's going to be a roster crunch with some guys having to be optioned down to AAA if they have remaining options or traded away. They also might end up keeping Lopez in AAA for far longer than they should because of no openings or playing time available.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I won't mention my undesirable opinion of what to do with Whit, but if you keep him I think you keep him in the IF at 3B once Lopez gets here. Goodwin or Phillips would be the options at CF IMO. The outfield is already potentially crowded enough with Gordon, Goodwin, Phillips, Bonifacio, and Soler. I suppose the IF is just as crowded with Mondesi, Lopez, Merrifield, Dozier, O'Hearn, Merrifield, and Lopez before too long. There's going to be a roster crunch with some guys having to be optioned down to AAA if they have remaining options or traded away. They also might end up keeping Lopez in AAA for far longer than they should because of no openings or playing time available.
Either Phillips or Lopez stays down. That is probably going to be a roster spot won in spring training although technically they arent fighting over the same position. Dozier and O'hearn will man the corners.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #4417
Rabbi Goldmann

Duncan is encouraged by Mondesi's 5.5 war pace and 3rd on the team slug % (barely behind Soler, barely ahead of Salvy). And his plus scores in all 3 phases, baserunning, hitting, fielding

Go out on a limb there.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #4418
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Duncan is encouraged by Mondesi's 5.5 war pace and 3rd on the team slug % (barely behind Soler, barely ahead of Salvy). And his plus scores in all 3 phases, baserunning, hitting, fielding

Go out on a limb there.

Hey man, it’s the biggest bright spot from this season.

Not only does he look like he’ll be a worthwhile starter, he’s flashing star/superstar potential.

That wasn’t a slam dunk before the season.

It’s incredibly encouraging.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #4419
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post

Whit to CF or 3B or just floats a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixhex View Post
Duncan, curious of your thoughts on Jorge Lopez?

I like him as someone to keep exploring. Think he’s probably best used as a reliever long-term, but no reason to not give him a chance to prove he’s a solid starter first...
Old 09-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #4420
World's Best Boss

Quote:

Not only does he look like he’ll be a worthwhile starter, he’s flashing star/superstar potential.

+1

It seems obvious now, but there was a large minority on this forum who wanted to trade him for the BPO at the beginning of the year.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #4421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
+1

It seems obvious now, but there was a large minority on this forum who wanted to trade him for the BPO at the beginning of the year.
I suggest putting all those morans on iggy.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #4422
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post

You can trade Merrifield, but at this point it can’t be for just any old return.

A couple of back-end top 100 types just doesn’t cut it for a guy with 4 years of control left, who has averaged 4.5 rWAR over his first two seasons as a regular.

Just too much variance there, with the way those guys pan out.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #4423
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
You can trade Merrifield, but at this point it can’t be for just any old return.

A couple of back-end top 100 types just doesn’t cut it for a guy with 4 years of control left, who has averaged 4.5 rWAR over his first two seasons as a regular.

Just too much variance there, with the way those guys pan out.
Well, I'm not going to harp on the trade anymore because I know my opinion on it will just piss people off on here. But, I will say that my desire to trade him is based on the assumption/premise that we do get aj Adam Eaton type return for him. If not, keep him and I guess try again at the deadline. I think it's safe to say his value will never be higher than it is now. That's all I'll say, my opinion on the matter is known. I won't bring it up again.

On another note, the Mesa brothers have been cleared to sign with teams. I seriously doubt we have any chance with either, but damn it sure would be nice to pull off a miracle and pluck one of them.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #4424
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
+1

That's just ignorant. He hadn't even played a full season of major league ball yet.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #4425
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:

Of course he has. Dude playing like an AS. Do that over the year he's borderline top 5 player (only 7 players have a war >5.5)

It was just a major understatement u made that's all. Dude is an awesome talent.