Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-08-2020, 03:23 PM  
For The Glory Of The City

What is the relationship like between you and the parents of your significant other?

Do you have challenges that are pretty stereotypical or is it a pretty great connection.

Last edited by |Zach|; 08-08-2020 at 03:36 PM..
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #46
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Father in law passed a little over 20 years ago. Hardly got to know him. Mother in law is awesome, couldn't ask for anyone better.
Dude this is my exact situation minus about 15 years on the FIL death.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #47
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
MiL lives with us. We do ok. Comes across entitled at times for someone that lives here for free, but she does most of the housework.
definitely a win regardless. she cook dinner?
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #48
Supporter

The wife and I were married when we were 20 and 18. When we announced our engagement the MIL told my wife if she got pregnant before the wedding there would be no wedding. I went to college while she mostly supported us. 16 years later we bought an acreage and built a house. We lived with the in-laws during those months because we sold our house to put up the money. I would work half days at work and then work on the new house until dark. When I would get back to the in-laws her mom would always have supper waiting and ask me to make her a colorado bulldog which was the only times I ever saw her drink alcohol. We became good friends. Unfortunately she passed away with pancreatic cancer 4 years later. That was 20 years ago.

I know some cases are hopeless but don't be the first to give up on a relationship with the other family.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #49
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Started dating my wife when she was 15 and I was 17...she was preggo less than 2 years later, and her mom understandably was going to **** me in the ass with a lawyer dick big enough for an elephant to feel it...her dad was oddly less hostile. That was 30 years ago or so. Since that time, I guess they figured out I was going to stick around...heh.

I get along with them and love them very much. They have their quirks, and sometimes they irritate me, but I'm sure that's reciprocated. Generally, I can count on them and they on me.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #50
Elway be drinkin' again

My inlaws are great people. Divorced. Mom inlaw is the kindest gal in the world and father in law is starting to battle dementia. My wife is better at sitting down and talking to my parents than I am.

Honestly this thread is making me rethink how much time I make to see the inlaws and my own parents. Topeka and Wichita are not that far away. Little over 5 hours if I drive it like I stole it.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #51
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post

I know some cases are hopeless but don't be the first to give up on a relationship with the other family.
Good advice. I think we are all in the stage of trying to get a feel for one another one dinner at a time it seems.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #52
MVP

First wife's parents: oil and vinegar

My SO's Parents: I'm the son they never told anyone they had
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #53
Starter

Never met my FIL - wife cut off all communication before we started dating due to him being a cheating asshole.

MIL never emotionally recovered from the divorce and is not financially equipped to be able to retire any time soon (she’s 62 now). BIL is not capable of supporting her, so I know at some point MIL is going to have to move in with us. Not looking forward to it. I like her and enjoy seeing her (oddly enough, even more so than my wife - I’ve just always valued family) , but we usually get a bit testy with each other after more than a day or two together. The problem is that we are too much alike. That’s to say, type A, matter-of-fact, outspoken, judgemental, know-it-all’s (who really don’t know-it-all...). Two of us simply can’t exist in proximity. We’ve never acknowledged it and just let the tension hang for the sake of being family. It’s a weird love, but I guess that’s typical of in-laws.
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:40 PM   #54
C Chiefs once a year!

My in-laws are cool as can be. They are in their late 60's and both have 7 siblings each. Out of all those siblings they are the only siblings without grandchildren. I changed all of that this last weekend by introducing them to their first grandchild. Their other children probably won't have kids. They've been cool since day one and always supporting their daughter with what can we do to help!

There is some slight drawbacks but nothing I can't handle. Their from China so they have these superstitions. For instance tonight I was cooking dinner but my MIL brought over dinner (to see the new grand kid) and she mentioned how my wife can't eat beef or lettuce for a month after a childbirth which was exactly what I was preparing. No biggie as I can save that and my wife didn't mind eating MIL meal. Basically lots of wives tells. I recently helped my FIL fix his cars AC for $50 after his go to shop said he needed to spend 2k. He liked that.

Past girlfriends parents were so so with me so I understand guys who say their In-Laws are not pleasant.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:32 AM   #55
Blah Blah Blah

I get along great with my in-laws on most anything except politics. They have finally come around to my way of thinking when it comes to term limits, but we are opposites on every other aspect. I just find a way to leave the room when they are going on one.of their rants.

Thankfully, politics is not their life so we don't have these moments frequently.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:53 AM   #56
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Mine are really good people.

They have been very helpful and generous over the years.

That still doesn't mean they can't annoy the ever living shit out of me!

They have 4 kids, all very responsible and successful, but man the family isn't very close, everyone does their own thing. We get together for 1 holiday a year, Christmas or Thanksgiving. My family is really close and enjoys doing stuff together (we are all meeting up in Breckenridge this week). It's so foreign to me. I talk to one of my brothers like once a day. My other brother once a week. My wife avoids calling her siblings, even on birthdays, and instead ops for a text. WTF?
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #57
MVP

You scare me as something tells me you don't have a vacuum pump, no less a flush kit or real gauges.

Did you buy the prents too or were they in the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
My in-laws are cool as can be. They are in their late 60's and both have 7 siblings each. Out of all those siblings they are the only siblings without grandchildren. I changed all of that this last weekend by introducing them to their first grandchild. Their other children probably won't have kids. They haven't been bought yet and they are getting old They've been cool since day one and always supporting their daughter with what can we do to help!

There is some slight drawbacks but nothing I can't handle. Their from China so they have these superstitions. For instance tonight I was cooking dinner but my MIL brought over dinner (to see the new grand kid) and she mentioned how my wife can't eat beef or lettuce for a month after a childbirth which was exactly what I was preparing. No biggie as I can save that and my wife didn't mind eating MIL meal. Basically lots of wives tells. I recently helped my FIL fix his cars AC for $50 after his go to shop said he needed to spend 2k. He liked that.

Past girlfriends parents were so so with me so I understand guys who say their In-Laws are not pleasant.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #58
Fish are scared of me

I've never had a conflict with either of them.

Of course they died before we married 34 years ago so there's that.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #59
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
I’m lucky... Mine consider me a son and I treat them like a second set of parents..
Same.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 08-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #60
Banned

Ones possibly addicted to meth and the other an alcoholic lol
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.