Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-08-2020, 12:00 PM  
Always ask 'Why?"

Hey you mechanically inclined folk! Please help revise engineer this chocolate pump

Mfg wants $800 for a simple auger pump.

No *(^%## way I'm spending this much.

Put your brain and life experience to work, help me reverse engineer this, and I'll send you FREE chocolate goodies.

Auger must fit into size of pan shown in video. Farm grain augers won't work!

Thanks

Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #16
Just a li'l Evel

30 bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.16.48 PM.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	120963  
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #17
Starter

Visit a Golden Corral and ask to buy a used Chocolate Wonderfall.
D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #18
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Yep. Exactly my thoughts.

Thus, I appealed to the collective wisdom of CP and Reddit.
Another factor, that even the unit above doesn't seem to handle [though commercial units do], is the temperature gradient within the transport [tube]. If you don't have a warming apparatus around your tube [or a thick enough tube to keep the melted chocolate near warmed], you're going to have the chocolate cooling inside the tube and stressing the augur and motor further.

If I were creating this from scratch, I'd at least work to minimize the height of the transport from the well of heated product to the dispensing point to minimize this effect. Maybe some sort of hot water collar on the tube as well.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #19
Veteran

Out of curiosity how much would you pay for one of those?
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:54 AM   #20
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
... We had a old pickup that had the gas tank behind the seat with the cap right behind the drivers door... I would siphon gas for the lawn mower out of it... I learned the thumb and pull method pretty quick..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
My ex brother in law, the idiot okie he is, went to work for Seaboard. Called asking to bring a gas can. Someone had siphoned his gas. He said “they were nice enough to leave the hose for next time.”
I knew a couple of you old farts like me would get this spot on. The youngsters, not so much.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #21
MVP

Honestly, the fountain idea doesn't seem half bad unless you for some reason need to keep the chocolate your working with in some other warmer.

Just replace the tube with the pans that covers the auger with a same size 304 stainless tube (probably about 1-9/16" ID), have someone weld some small pieces of pipe on one end for fastening similar to the tube you get with it, drill a hole on one end for a stainless spigot, and assemble. Just transfer your chocolate from your warmer to the fountain before working with it.

Otherwise you'd need the same shit, stainless tube, spigot, auger for a fountain, and a motor that runs in reverse (the fountain turns the auger the opposite way the one in the vid does). No idea what the specs for the motor would be. I'd imagine you could get a used fountain and tear it down and work off that.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.