Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Lucas Niang opts out...

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #301
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I don't hate Fisher, however we will have to save money somewhere and getting 5 years out of a dude making a couple mill a year isn't a horrible idea if you feel you can replace him with a draft pick.
Sure - that's always the idea. And it just doesn't work that often. Most of the time, a draft pick, especially a 3rd rounder, isn't equipped to just step in and replace a Pro Bowl player at a critical position.

The same people calling for Fisher to be cut are lauding Veach's work in retaining a luxury player in Sammy Watkins despite using a 2nd rounder on Hardman last year and getting a productive season out of him.

Want to save $12 million in a way that doesn't expose Mahomes to add'l abuse? Cut Hitchens now, absorb the hit, clean the books for next season and there - you've cleared the same amount as cutting Fisher without getting rid of a dude who didn't lose a game while starting at the most important position on the OL for us last season.

And again - I like Niang a lot. I was on board with taking him in the 2nd before the draft started. I think he can be a very good player and maybe someday win that job outright. But it wasn't going to happen even by 2021, not with 2020 likely being something of a redshirt season even before the COVID thing happened.

Natural attrition will take care of this - there's no reason at all to piss away the final (and cost effective) year of Fisher's contract when there are other, LESS cost effective line items on our salary cap.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #302
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Sure - that's always the idea. And it just doesn't work that often. Most of the time, a draft pick, especially a 3rd rounder, isn't equipped to just step in and replace a Pro Bowl player at a critical position.

The same people calling for Fisher to be cut are lauding Veach's work in retaining a luxury player in Sammy Watkins despite using a 2nd rounder on Hardman last year and getting a productive season out of him.

Want to save $12 million in a way that doesn't expose Mahomes to add'l abuse? Cut Hitchens now, absorb the hit, clean the books for next season and there - you've cleared the same amount as cutting Fisher without getting rid of a dude who didn't lose a game while starting at the most important position on the OL for us last season.

And again - I like Niang a lot. I was on board with taking him in the 2nd before the draft started. I think he can be a very good player and maybe someday win that job outright. But it wasn't going to happen even by 2021, not with 2020 likely being something of a redshirt season even before the COVID thing happened.

Natural attrition will take care of this - there's no reason at all to piss away the final (and cost effective) year of Fisher's contract when there are other, LESS cost effective line items on our salary cap.
Oh I don't mean Niang, I think if they really want to replace a LT, that's a 1st round pick.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #303
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Oh I don't mean Niang, I think if they really want to replace a LT, that's a 1st round pick.
I'd sure love a world where a CB gets taken that can step in to replace Breeland and give us a year alongside Ward to see how hard we'll have work to keep Ward around.

I think this defense can function w/ a solid, dependable #1 and a fringy #2. It's not ideal, but it's workable. But if you can't get a guy in here next year to see what you have, you really have little choice but to retain Ward at nearly any cost.

Though another developmental T couldn't hurt w/ Schwartz also getting a little older and having interests outside of football.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #304
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Jack Del Rio is a ****ing moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Jack Del Rio
Quote:
Yes use a man with a history of being a complete dipshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Jack Del Rio is one of the biggest morons in sports
Come on guys what did you expect from someone that is in the same league.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #305
Veteran

I wonder if Niang felt any regret watching it on the tube.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #306
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I know I'm not the only one who's fairly pissed at him for opting out, but it is what it is. Hopefully he will make up for it going forward. I can't help but think there is going to be some animosity from at least some of his teammates going forward for a while, no matter how legitimate his reason for opting out was. LDT and Damien Williams were already here and have fought with the team for a Super Bowl, so I think the team will give them a pass. But Niang is a nobody at this point to his teammates and has earned zero respect to this point until he shows up and earns it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cold reception from some and an extra dose of rookie hazing.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #307
MVP

Quote:
I don't hate Fisher, however we will have to save money somewhere and getting 5 years out of a dude making a couple mill a year isn't a horrible idea if you feel you can replace him with a draft pick.
After watching our Oline get destroyed without Fisher, you want to let him walk? We need to be adding to and upgrading our offensive line, not going with more scrubs.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #308
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I'm sure he felt regret from the moment he opted out. And I'm sure he felt regret seeing at how the season progressed and was generally safe for the athletes who participated. And I'm sure he felt regret last night.

Doesn't mean we need to feel differently about the guy. My guess is he feels on some level like he let the team down and he's concerned with how he'll be received.

But, it is what it is. I look forward to his contribution next year and hold no resentment toward him.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #309
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
After watching our Oline get destroyed without Fisher, you want to let him walk? We need to be adding to and upgrading our offensive line, not going with more scrubs.
Fisher likely won't be back until midseason next year, and even then it's questionable if he'll be back at 100%. It's the last year of his contract and we can save $12 million by letting him go and using that money elsewhere to address the line. I don't see how keeping him on IR/PUP at his salary helps the roster in 2021.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:43 PM   #310
In Search of a Life

Quote:
In fairness, I think that post was from August.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #311
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I'm sure he felt regret from the moment he opted out. And I'm sure he felt regret seeing at how the season progressed and was generally safe for the athletes who participated. And I'm sure he felt regret last night.

Doesn't mean we need to feel differently about the guy. My guess is he feels on some level like he let the team down and he's concerned with how he'll be received.

But, it is what it is. I look forward to his contribution next year and hold no resentment toward him.
and I don't think he was totally healthy when he opted out. We also don't lose a year of his rookie deal...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #312
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Is Eric Fisher some guy that can't be improved on or something? The Chiefs entire line was shuffled around and/or missing. It wasn't just missing Fisher, who has his fair share of issues from time to time and got absolutely embarrassed in last years SB, that was reason for the OL failure.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:14 PM   #313
In Search of a Life

Another angle is that fisher might be cheaper to extend to a new deal. Two straight years of injury and no longer negotiating a peak deal. Plus you'd have to imagine owners will be very tight fisted this offseason given potential cap changes.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:21 PM   #314
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
In fairness, I think that post was from August.
Oops, thanks for the info.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:22 PM   #315
Veteran

In RE: to Niang: My alternate theory was he opted out because he wasn't totally healthy, probably wasn't going to play, so he may have been "encouraged" to opt out so that the Chiefs get the benefit of the extra year.

Niang gets to earn his small salary while getting healthy and not having to deal with the rigors of the season, and will still have his full rookie deal (i.e. the total time to actually play v. losing one year for health), Chiefs get their player for the full deal, healthy and ready, and no lost time due to the injury....

Just a theory....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli