Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Lucas Niang opts out...

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #136
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah.

I knew it was a shorter IOL out of the SEC with a name virtually identical to 6 guys we already had on the squad. So that's him.

Might create an opening for him.
Didn’t know this until the other day but Remmers started almost an entire year at G for the Vikings.

That was a savvy move to get a veteran who has started many games at multiple positions as insurance.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #137
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
One can easily argue that it is selfish BY playing. I'm a piece of shit, as I've said before. I'm definitely selfish so ain't no way I'm giving up a 1M to 30M paycheck for a 150k paycheck if I was in their shoes. Someone wants to give me millions of dollars I'll dance over hot coals.

They are taking a clearly altruistic stance to help limit the risk to their family. That decision is much more responsible than the one I would take. And I should not be annoyed by it.

However, I can see how fan who has NO CHOICE but to work a low paying job to make ends meat would be annoyed. It doesn't make it right or wrong - but I can completely understand it. NFL players are extremely privileged to be able to have a league that 1) won't punsh them for opting out 2) still pays them a stipend if they quit 3) forwards their salary to the next year 4) offers free & mandatory testing to every employee. The same cannot be said about the Price Chopper stocker making $12 an hour, living in a shitty apartment, who has no such privileges.
Those fans are annoyed for the same reasons they don't like their paychecks, they make more money than me to play a game those ****ers.......they can opt out and I can't, that isn't fair..

It's jealously, what some fans should realize is they aren't NFL players nor is the NFL like your job so stop comparing.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #138
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

If virus safety is your concern, then there is arguably no safer environment to be in currently than to be actively part of a professional sports team.

Even in MLB, the positive test rate is well below the positive rate in most states.

The current positive test rate in the NFL is 2% and they have access to world class facilities that are following the most strict social distancing/mitigation protocols available, with access to unlimited resources/technology (including daily testing).

Not sure why anyone who had access to that would voluntarily give it up unless they plan to live a life of 100% absolute strict self-quarantine/lockdown.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #139
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Who's to say those Venn diagrams don't overlap?

Again - 24 year old football players are not a demographic group apart. They're still just 24 year old people. Who play football.

Those same people that won't stop partying are the peer groups of many of these players.

So when you immediately call the former '****ing idiots' and sanctify the latter...well I think you're doing it wrong.
Hes also college educated tho. Most of these people are whites or black without any college education.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #140
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?
..... they can do this and get 150k for the year to live on. can those pussies that work in a restaurant or walmart do that? we haven't raised minimum wage in 11 years (a record since we started doing that stuff) and don't have a great social safety net. ever had a pregnant lady as your cashier? that ****ing pussy is risking her and her baby's life to give you your natty light.

yeah. **** you.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #141
remember, remember

Quote:
Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?
..... they can do this and get 150k for the year to live on. can those pussies that work in a restaurant or walmart do that? we haven't raised minimum wage in 11 years (a record since we started doing that stuff) and don't have a great social safety net. ever had a pregnant lady as your cashier? that ****ing pussy is risking her and her baby's life to give you your natty light.

yeah. **** you.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #142
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I figure the guy's decision is his own, so he can do whatever he wants. However, as we've always heard, the first $1 million is the hardest to get. If I was a rookie mid-rounder on my first contract, I'd be very reluctant to opt out if I'm a normal risk profile. You might end up disappearing off the roster never to return.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #143
He's Mahomie!

Quit being pussies and just get the virus already.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #144
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Hes also college educated tho. Most of these people are whites or black without any college education.
Dude - huge swaths of these kids ARE college students.

The party crowd isn't a bunch of blue-collar factory workers. These are largely college aged/college educated kids.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #145
Diablo Negro

Quote:
It would be understandable if it were killing 23 year old professional athletes. It's not.

The equipment guy making $40k is going to work...

There isn't a mandate to play sports in college or the pros. Give up your scholarship or your job if you want to.
Fans that are going to work, and have been going to work the entire time have the right to think you're a bit of a tart if you opt out of going to work.
And as has been pointed out, these dudes opting out aren't going to sit at home all season and aren't reducing their risk of catching Covid by not playing and not being tested regularly.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #146
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post

yeah. **** you.
Given the massively different cost of living in different parts of the country the idea of a federally mandated minimum wage is stupid to begin with so you start your argument with a dumb concept.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #147
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
And as has been pointed out, these dudes opting out aren't going to sit at home all season and aren't reducing their risk of catching Covid by not playing and not being tested regularly.
You can assume that but you don’t know that for sure.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #148
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Nope. Cancel this shit.
I'm thinking that's still what's gonna happen. Sad.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #149
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
I'm thinking that's still what's gonna happen. Sad.
They'll start and try before they just cancel it, to much money on the table.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #150
MVP

I was reading an article about the safety precautions that the league is taking and something I found to be pretty cool is that all players and staff have to wear proximity monitors, so that accurate contact tracing can take place if someone becomes infected. They are also doing testing every day for the 1st 2 weeks of training camp and if the percent positive drops below 5%, then they go to every other day testing.

Does anyone know if baseball is doing any type of proximity monitoring? Seems that would be the absolute best way to keep an outbreak from happening.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You have no idea what these players are going to do. Maybe some will go out and be dumb asses, but to act like all of them wont be taking proper precautions is just stupid. You seem to always have something stupid to post.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.