Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 07-26-2020, 09:01 PM  
__

The Chiefs are shifting their philosophy on interior OL.

Posted this in the thread on Osemele:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Can we talk about how this seems to signal the Chiefs seem to be showing signals that they want a different kind of interior OL play?

Used to be a more fluid, athletic types along the interior, Zach Fulton be damned. But they drafted Allegretti. They pursued Andrus Peat. They’ve signed Osemele. And they picked up Durant and Williams in UDFA. These are all bruisers.

It’s not exactly a perfect line to draw (like I said, they did draft Fulton under Dorsey, and Remmers is not a roadgrader), but it does seem to suggest that’s the direction they’re going along the interior.
I forgot to mention it was widely believed they really liked Cesar Ruiz, too, who is a power scheme dude. (Ruiz is talented enough to do anything, though.)

What are your guys thoughts on this? I personally loved having athletic linemen who could pull well, but our days of Jamaal running off tackle are behind us.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #2
I’m a Mahomo!

I just want dudes who can protect Patrick. Nothing more, nothing less.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I suppose this thread has little to offer you, then.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
Black Bob's daddy

As they should. I've railed against the light in the pants undersized types they've employed on the interior for years. A mauling OL that can convert in short yardage when necessary is a huge plus, assuming they can still pass protect adequately.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Remember Jeff Allen in his limited time at RT? Wasn't mobile, but he was hard to get around because the dude was just big.

From a strictly pass-pro standpoint, a big IOL is gonna keep that pocket from being 'mush-rushed' into oblivion. Big dudes can just stand there and hold their ground. Meanwhile Fish and Schwartz are good enough on the ends to operate on an island and handle more dynamic edge rushers.

And picking up stunts/twists is more about communication and feel than raw athleticism anyway.

I think this is Andy making another shift towards attempting to protect his QB. Give me the more powerful middle and I'll trade some of those pulls and the occasional need of an IOL to execute a kick-slide or something.

Positive development, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
I would agree with this.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:20 AM   #7
Fish are scared of me

We need to make holes for Clyde to Slyde through.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
If you can run the ball really well..and your oline is driving mother****ers back every run, they cant focus as much on rushing Mahomes. A good run blocking line really wears down a defense and slows down the pass rush.
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Chiefs with a power runing game would be insane!!

Teams dared us to run the last few years.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #10
__

I think the transition is complete, folks, with Kilgore at center.

Kilgore is only listed at 291 but plays larger. Allegretti and Wylie, like Osemele and Wylie, are two roadgrading guards.