Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2020, 08:31 AM  
Admitted Planet Junky

How good are the masks working for you

Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #46
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?

And you don't have to wash your masks very often. Throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds every day; that's enough to kill any bacteria/viruses until you use it again (note: if your mask has a wire in it, obviously don't be a dumb-ass and microwave it). Wash 'em with your regular laundry once a week or whatever. Not that they're doing you or anyone else much good, but that's another story . . .

Oh, in response to the OP: not really using masks. Don't need them at work due to the lack of other humans, and most of the time when I go to the store there's nearly no one there. And they just closed both of my gyms again, so literally out of places where I might wear one.
Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:29 PM   #47
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.
One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #48
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.
That is not the case here either. We never have had a lockdown, shelter in place or any order like that by our elected officials.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #49
I’m a Mahomo!

They are hot & not in a good way.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #50
It was not a fair catch

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...5-5b07ae6fbb58

All about effectiveness. Posted in a few places.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #51
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
My wife found so good ones at Target.

Built in nose thing, that doesn't fit too tight.

I need to go to Target.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #52
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.
Beard time?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #53
Just a li'l Evel

The most comfortable mask I have is a surgical mask like in hospitals. Lightweight, small metal strip for the nose bridge, elastic ear loops that aren't too tight and pretty breathable. I went to the hospital for a biopsy and they gave it to me and I have been wearing it for two weeks, gonna buy a 12-pack.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #54
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I wear an N95 mask. Its a pain to put on when wearing a hat and glasses but it does the trick. And also gives me quite a bit of protection.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:43 PM   #55
Banned

I just wear the free ones they give out. I write Dave on the lower left corner with a sharpie.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #56
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #57
Curmudgeon

We tried several, but we were looking to buy local. I found this by digging around: https://www.kcppe.com/ We bought ours from Susan Ferguson and they work just fine. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeautifullyWoven

I look at it this way. If I get 25% to whatever % protection from what other people are spewing in the air, groovy, that's better than 0%. If I can protect others whatever % (and it's close to 100%) from what bugs I'm spewing in the air, I'll do it. It's not that big of a deal. I know masks are hot, not very comfortable, etc., but this stuff has gotten out of control. I'll put my personal comfort aside for the greater good.

Last edited by oldman; 07-16-2020 at 08:42 AM..
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #58
Admitted Planet Junky

Well the Governor of Arkansas made a mandate today making masks mandatory in public in the entire state of Arkansas. The news station said that they have been discussing fining people for not wearing masks and if people did not pay the fine it would be applied to their state income tax.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #59
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.
Yes Florida is booming with new cases. Coincidence, I think not.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #60
Seeking the Truth daily

They suck but in a day you will figure it out
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.