Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6389
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5985
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6378
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6308
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:58 AM   #2416
Rookie

Seeing as it's the wife's birthday, I'm slow grilling a Boston Butt using my secret recipe... Haven't done one in a while, but it's been a long time coming
KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCTea is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #2417
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Sunday night ribs

E: I'll try to suck less next time with the pic
Download tapatalk and upload your pics directly from your phone to there is the easiest way I've found. It's the only thing I use that app for but it is useful.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #2418
MVP

smoked 2 whole chickens and a whole filet of salmon. The salmon I put dijon mustard on lightly then old bay seasoning. The chicken was bbq rub on one and montreal steak seasoning on the other.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #2419
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
smoked 2 whole chickens and a whole filet of salmon. The salmon I put dijon mustard on lightly then old bay seasoning. The chicken was bbq rub on one and montreal steak seasoning on the other.
Montreal steak seasoning makes everything better....well, almost.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #2420
Veteran

Did a brisket this weekend, but I flubbed it a bit. Was about 19lbs, so I was anticipating nearly 23 hours needed to finish it. Put it on at 3pm Saturday at 250, and then wrapped it in butcher paper at about 11pm because I didn't want to burn the edges and didn't want to be up all night spritzing it.

Ended up getting to 205 on the monitor at 6AM, much earlier than I was expecting. I pulled it and had to hold it at temp until around noon (when I was planning on it being dinner) and when I sliced it 6 hours later it was moist and tasted fine, but was falling apart and not the texture I was hoping for.

I am guessing that hot holding it that long was my problem....and the butcher paper wrap must have changed my timeline a lot. I haven't ever used that to wrap before...I was thinking it would be more like an unwrapped cook since it can breath some instead of a texas crutch...but I guess it is both.

In hindsight, wish I started the cook at midnight.
allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #2421
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Today I’m bored and going overboard.

I’ve got some 2” thick tenderloin filets in the sous vide set to 120 for 2 hours, so under rare.

When that’s done, I’m going to throw them on the Traeger to smoke for 20 mins, and then throwing them in a cast iron pan on the Weber gas that I’ve turned on full blast for the sear.

I was worried that smoking with meat that thick would dry it out and lead to inconsistent results in the middle.
Update - was easily the best set of filets that I have ever made. A perfect low-medium rare from edge to edge, a hint of smoke and and nice, crispy sear.

Will definitely be doing that again.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:16 PM   #2422
Liquor and Whores

Anyone here have any experience using a pellet smoker? I’m wanting to get into smoking but I want something simple that I can run overnight. I’ve heard pellet smokers don’t infuse enough smoke into the meat or have a hard time maintaining a consistent temp. I’ve looked at a few different Traeger models but haven’t pulled the trigger because a lot of the reviews with complaints about the temp swings.
CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #2423
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChief View Post
Anyone here have any experience using a pellet smoker? I’m wanting to get into smoking but I want something simple that I can run overnight. I’ve heard pellet smokers don’t infuse enough smoke into the meat or have a hard time maintaining a consistent temp. I’ve looked at a few different Traeger models but haven’t pulled the trigger because a lot of the reviews with complaints about the temp swings.
Pellet grills are easy to run and maintain temp. But there can be hot spots Around the heat diverter if it’s a big piece of meat.

If you’re looking for an easy overnighter I have a master built electric rig that is reliable and easy as hell. It’s not as good as charcoal Q but it’s a damned fine facsimile. And on my end it isn’t worth the extra effort.

If you are a hardcore charcoal dude, thermoworks makes a product called Bellows that automatically controls the bottom vent on a Webber kettle. I have no idea how it works, I don’t know anyone that has one but it’s out there.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #2424
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Traeger seems to be a solid choice. I don't have one, but I know many who do, and they all loge them.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:02 PM   #2425
In Search of a Life

Do not go with a Traeger if you want one that will last. Spend the money for something like a REC TEC.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #2426
MVP

**** Pellet grills, if it can't burn real wood....

Find something like this Chubby

OR

Quote:

Last edited by cooper barrett; 08-12-2020 at 10:32 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:11 PM   #2427
Ultrabanned

I'd like to have an outdoor smoke-infused oven, but it looks like Weber seriously ****ed their first attempt up so I'm gonna wait and see if they do better in the coming years.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #2428
MVP

Burn charcoal or wood or buy it from those that do.

One of my favorite BBQ joints went pellet, doesn't taste the same. It got mentioned on facebook.Sales fell, now stick burner/ gas unit was bought back, and I'm back to paying stupid prices for brisket.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:38 AM   #2429
Cheat Death

Last 24 hours I've drank a beer while kegging another beer while brewing a totally separate beer, then got a full packer brisket going overnight. Also purchased shaving cream from a clearance rack at a hardware store this morning.

I was a pooping on Direckshun's mom's chest away from man card bingo.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #2430
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Got a small turkey breast rolling on the smoker.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.