Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2020, 02:11 PM  
Veteran

TRON 3 is apparently in the works for Disney

Starring Jared Leto.

Apparently it won't be a continuation of TRON: Legacy though (from what I've read online but what do I know)

https://deadline.com/2020/08/garth-d...ie-1202992103/

If this actually happens, I'll definitely give it a shot but I wish Hedlund & Wilde were in this (she played the smoking hot Quorra)

TRON: Legacy came out in the height of the 3D craze back in 2010, and I LOVE and own the soundtrack to TRON Legacy. Daft Punk's soundtrack was booming when I saw it in IMAX 3D. Such a cool experience.

Here's hoping for the best.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
The Boom Boom Room

Jared Leto as the new lead, it could be awesome or gurgle yak sack
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Jared Leto as the new lead, it could be awesome or gurgle yak sack
I dont think it's possible to be worse than that carboard cutout of an actor they used in Legacy. He was bad.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The last Tron wasn't bad, but it was obviously missing some scenes that would have made it make a lot more sense. It's like they ran out of time, money, and/or give a shit and just slapped together what they had.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
Supporter

I loved the original Tron and while Tron 2 wasn't bad, this feels more like something that would fit better on Disney+ than as a theatrical release
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:25 PM   #6
Cheaterlover*

They were both nonsensical but they both had quite the style. The original, considering what effects were like back then, did as good a job as they could at the time. The sequel had a great look to it and a great soundtrack. And, yes, Olivia Wilde in tight black rubber pants is always a good thing. Not really sure what the point of a "Tron 3" would be, though. Then again, I'm not sure what the point of an "Avatar 2" is...
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #7
Shaken. Not stirred.

I love tron so I'll give it a shot, but could not care less about Leto. Almost sounds like a reboot instead of a continuation.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #8
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I love tron so I'll give it a shot, but could not care less about Leto. Almost sounds like a reboot instead of a continuation.
Cillian Murphy and hopefully David Warner will be signed on
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:52 PM   #9
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
They were both nonsensical but they both had quite the style. The original, considering what effects were like back then, did as good a job as they could at the time. The sequel had a great look to it and a great soundtrack. And, yes, Olivia Wilde in tight black rubber pants is always a good thing. Not really sure what the point of a "Tron 3" would be, though. Then again, I'm not sure what the point of an "Avatar 2" is...
You would think it would be about Sam and Quorra in the real world with a new baddie from the Grid trying to get out or get her back. Maybe that will be Leto?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Starring Jared Leto.

Apparently it won't be a continuation of TRON: Legacy though (from what I've read online but what do I know)

https://deadline.com/2020/08/garth-d...ie-1202992103/

If this actually happens, I'll definitely give it a shot but I wish Hedlund & Wilde were in this (she played the smoking hot Quorra)

TRON: Legacy came out in the height of the 3D craze back in 2010, and I LOVE and own the soundtrack to TRON Legacy. Daft Punk's soundtrack was booming when I saw it in IMAX 3D. Such a cool experience.

Here's hoping for the best.
I'm right there with you in regards to the soundtrack. I've had it since the movie came out and listen to it every now and then to this day. Overall, TRON:Legacy is one of my favorite movies; just felt like it was really visually and aurally pleasing.
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #11
Supporter

The idea of Tron just seems so small in today's world. I'm just not seeing how or why this would be exciting to the younger crowed and feels more like a nostalgia move than anything else.

Disney's Ralph Wrecks The Internet started with a video game, then pivoted to the internet, in which characters experienced games and apps firsthand.

The Emoji Movie was similar in that the characters were inside of a phone that was connected to the internet, in which they also had trials and tribulations through various apps.

I loved the original but thought the sequel was just "okay". That said, Disney rarely makes mistakes so hopefully, they'll have a new and exciting concept for this film.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

I was never a huge fan of the original and thought the sequel was cool to look at with a killer score but overall pretty 'meh'

I think the ideas behind these films were better than the execution.

Not sure how large an audience and demand there is to justify a 3rd film in this series?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Not sure how large an audience and demand there is to justify a 3rd film in this series?
Yeah, I don't know what's going on.

I was told quite a while ago that Disney was developing a series for Tron that would air on Disney+.

Then earlier this year, word was that Joseph Kosinski, who helmed Tron 2, was returning after he finished up Top Gun 2.

Then, this. I don't get it.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #14
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The idea of Tron just seems so small in today's world. I'm just not seeing how or why this would be exciting to the younger crowed and feels more like a nostalgia move than anything else.

Disney's Ralph Wrecks The Internet started with a video game, then pivoted to the internet, in which characters experienced games and apps firsthand.

The Emoji Movie was similar in that the characters were inside of a phone that was connected to the internet, in which they also had trials and tribulations through various apps.

I loved the original but thought the sequel was just "okay". That said, Disney rarely makes mistakes so hopefully, they'll have a new and exciting concept for this film.

They'd have to go a Terminator Skynet route or an AI virus to make it work
Old 08-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #15
Future NBA Finals MVP

I just like the name TRON.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.