Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 09:14 AM  
It was not a fair catch

*****Severe Weather Thread-2020*****

Many may know-I am a weather watcher. I have a weather station at school that posts to many weather services. Also have a website with a Twitter account. (with a Chiefs list)

Below is the Windy.com map. I centered it on KC but it can be moved to where you are located. Or go to Windy.com-there is also an app.
Very versatile and tons of possibilities. This map is fully functional for the viewer.

Some have already had severe weather-where as I am looking at 5 inches of snow for Easter.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

Last edited by displacedinMN; 04-28-2020 at 02:54 PM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:10 PM   #121
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Our corn and buildings are still vertical.
Nice!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #122
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Nice!
Renter said it was windy-but the storm moved south
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #123
It was not a fair catch

Old 08-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #124
It was not a fair catch

Old 08-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #125
Supporter

Iowa got its ass kicked today. Lots of bad things happen d to a lot of people, lots of huge trees down and power poles snapped off. I was in the middle of it. A coworker had a semi flipped over right in front of him.

On the bright side, it's not all bad for my workplace.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 08-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #126
It was not a fair catch

JASPER COUNTY, Iowa —
Early estimates indicate that 10 million acres of farmland was flatted Monday during the derecho, according to Gov. Kim Reynolds.

Reynolds said during her Tuesday news conference that the state estimates at least one third of Iowa crops sustained damage during the severe storms.

The devastation comes as a second blow to Iowa farmers already dealing with a trade war and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jasper County farmer Brian Rumbaugh said Monday’s storm flattened most of his 450 acres of corn, destroying what he said would have been a good crop.

Rumbaugh said he has never seen a natural disaster comparable to the derecho in his 50 years of farming.

“This is the worst one I've ever had,” he said. “We had tornadoes go through a while back, tornadoes 300-400 feet wide, (but) this was everything.”

Rumbaugh said his crop insurance will likely make up for some of the losses, though other farmers may not be as lucky.

“It's probably 30-40 years I've had it, and thank God,” he said. “That's what you have insurance for is a failsafe, but I've never collected a dime … which is good. Now they owe me.”

State officials said farmers may be eligible for federal assistance as the state continues to assess storm damage

“A part of that federal assistance could be a Small Business Administration declaration or a U.S. Secretary of Agriculture designation, which provides resources for impacted farmers,” said Joyce Flinn, with Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management.

Despite 2020’s misfortunes, Rumbaugh said he has been farming long enough to know that, eventually, things will get better.

“It is what it is,” he said. “You live long enough to learn it's not always cherries.”

Reynolds said the state’s 10-million-acre damage estimate could change as damage surveying continues.

The governor plans to do a flyover of Iowa cropland in the coming days to survey the damage.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #127
'Tis my eye!

Just got back from Branson today. We live in east central Jasper county and although I’m an amateur, I would estimate we had winds here in excess of 90 miles per hour. We had a derecho go through here about years ago with confirmed winds of 85mph - this is worse. Larger limbs snapped, two trees that were unharmed the last time were completely uprooted. At Le Grand which is about 20 miles north of here an amateur weather station clocked a 106mph gust. We might not have power until Friday.

Yesterday was my birthday even and we had to come home to this. I will post some pics tomorrow. I’m pretty tired after getting the generator running and all that.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #128
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Cedar rapids emergency coordinator was on the weather channel said they had winds of 90 to over 100 for over 45 minutes
A mobile weather station clocked a peak gust of 112mph in Hiawatha just north of Cedad Rapids.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #129
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Shit got ****ed up. LOTS of crop damage as I understand it.

Dude, the corn here looks like somebody ran over it with a mile-wide steamroller.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #130
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
84 mph gust confirmed west of Chicago heading our way. Local news saying this is once every decade straight line winds. Moved all the patio inside.
It’s happened here twice in the last 6. Almost the exact same areas too from roughly Des Moines and Ames to Cedar Rapids.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #131
'Tis my eye!

This derecho was really wide. Once a derecho gets moving they move through really fast. The last one had peak wind gusts for maybe 10 minutes. My mother-in-law and my neighbor said this lasted for almost 40. That’s pretty crazy considering that the gist front was moving east at almost 70mph (which is insane all by itself).

Old 08-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #132
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
JASPER COUNTY, Iowa —
Early estimates indicate that 10 million acres of farmland was flatted Monday during the derecho, according to Gov. Kim Reynolds..
Woah. 10 million acres of cornbelt crops is something

If you (conservatively) estimate 200 bu corn and 60 bushel beans on a 50/50 split thats a billion bushels of corn and 300 million beans.

Mother****er.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:18 PM   #133
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
A mobile weather station clocked a peak gust of 112mph in Hiawatha just north of Cedad Rapids.
Yup. We had >100 gusts. It was crazy.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 08-12-2020, 07:51 AM   #134
In Search of a Life

Quote:

If you (conservatively) estimate 200 bu corn and 60 bushel beans on a 50/50 split thats a billion bushels of corn and 300 million beans.

Mother****er.
Not that one wants to reap the benefits of someone else's disaster, but shouldn't the corn and bean markets trend up with that sizable of loss?

Last edited by Coogs; 08-12-2020 at 08:23 AM..
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #135
It was not a fair catch

Quote:

Mother****er.
Oh my. I had not got to the math part of that yet.

Think of the mess. That is all worthless. Chop it up and use more chem next year for the volunteer corn.

Is there any way to use that for anything if it can be recovered or is it just fertilizer now.

Closed Thread