J. SolerRF 0 0 0 0 0 0 .267 .348 .550
S. PerezDH 0 0 0 0 0 0 .313 .324 .522
H. Dozier1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 .000 .000
A. MondesiSS 0 0 0 0 0 0 .262 .274 .377
A. GordonLF 0 0 0 0 0 0 .200 .273 .300
M. Franco3B 0 0 0 0 0 0 .258 .266 .516
N. Lopez2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250 .294 .375
C. GallagherC 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 .250 .000

I'm a big Dozier fan. Needed a thread for his comeback.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #61
Supporter

So, does anyone think this is real? Because if it’s real, I hope they crush it and make the playoffs.

If it’s not real, it hurts their chances at getting the #1 overall pick in Rocker.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:38 PM   #62
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
So, does anyone think this is real? Because if it’s real, I hope they crush it and make the playoffs.

If it’s not real, it hurts their chances at getting the #1 overall pick in Rocker.
We're seeing some real life from the young guys that's truly exciting.

Staumont is making his electric stuff play in the zone, Singer has held his own, and the offense is showing the life that it did in 2019 (it just didn't have a rotation).

Matheny's bullpen management has been confusingly good to top it all off. Idk. Been fun to watch during the quarantine.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
We're seeing some real life from the young guys that's truly exciting.

Staumont is making his electric stuff play in the zone, Singer has held his own, and the offense is showing the life that it did in 2019 (it just didn't have a rotation).

Matheny's bullpen management has been confusingly good to top it all off. Idk. Been fun to watch during the quarantine.
Oh, it’s been a total blast to watch the past 4 games and they already look like a much better team than they were a week ago.

But if they can’t make a playoff push, I think it hurts them in the long run because with all of the young pitching talent along with guys like Witt, jr., adding Kumar Rocker would would launch this team into an era in which they could be in the playoffs every year and have a chance for a title far more frequently than every 30 years.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #64
legend

We could have just taken one from both of the Chicago teams this could have been interesting already.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:07 PM   #65

Quote:

If this bullpen is legit they'll be in the mix. Bullpens are so important in today's game, and right now Rosenthal, Staumont, Barlow, Zimmer and Holland look really solid. Newberry hasn't been bad either but it's a small sample.

The offense looks hit and miss because the strikeout/walk rate is horrible, but a lot of their hard-hit ball metrics have been really good. When they make contact they do damage.

I wouldn't go crazy, but with the 8 team playoff you just need to stick around .500 to have a chance.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:08 PM   #66
World's Best Boss

Quote:

But if they can’t make a playoff push, I think it hurts them in the long run because with all of the young pitching talent along with guys like Witt, jr., adding Kumar Rocker would would launch this team into an era in which they could be in the playoffs every year and have a chance for a title far more frequently than every 30 years.
I don't disagree. I wonder if GMDM is savvy enough to be looking for young players who might fall through the cracks due to the cancelled season next year. He may need to succeed the Chiefs way by nailing the draft with less than ideal picks if this team does play over their heads this season. Not impossible - but it's much harder to do than when you have a Top 5 pick but it's still hugely important Dayton nails the draft this year in order to fully load the system like he needs to. Being overloaded with prospects to trade around in order to complete a 25 man roster is critical when its time for a small market team to make a run.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:19 AM   #67
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
We could have just taken one from both of the Chicago teams this could have been interesting already.
We blew a few leads in Detroit. Those games are looming to be huge at this point but onward!
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #68
MVP

Matheny has been great managing the pen. It appears that he has embraced some of the analytics with how he will bring in different guys based on what part of the lineup is coming up instead of having each guy looking at a specific inning.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #69
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Early review of Matheny's managing style DOES show that he, in fact, took his attempt to remake what he does tactically and improve it very seriously, and it wasn't just bullshit he was saying to get a new gig.

This team is pretty fun offensively when the guys who can carry the water - Merrifield, Soler, Perez, Dozier, Mondesi - do actually carry the water.

Getting solid contributions from O'Hearn and the rest of the OF really helps, too. Franco is what he is, a guy you hit 7th and hope he occasionally punishes a mistake and puts a run or 2 on the board.

Gordon is the weak spot in the lineup at the moment... wonder how much more leash Matheny gives him.

Stabilizing the rotation with five actual starters has also improved the bullpen markedly as guys are used more predictably (Barlow, Holland, Kennedy, Rosenthal, Staumont know they are going to pitch 5th inning on).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #70
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
If this bullpen is legit they'll be in the mix. Bullpens are so important in today's game, and right now Rosenthal, Staumont, Barlow, Zimmer and Holland look really solid. Newberry hasn't been bad either but it's a small sample.

The offense looks hit and miss because the strikeout/walk rate is horrible, but a lot of their hard-hit ball metrics have been really good. When they make contact they do damage.

I wouldn't go crazy, but with the 8 team playoff you just need to stick around .500 to have a chance.
Will this years playoffs and world series be considered legitimate?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #71
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Gordon is the weak spot in the lineup at the moment... wonder how much more leash Matheny gives him.
Yeah, Gordo's barely hitting .200 and is striking out waaaay too much. Time to sit him, use him strictly as a pinch hitter and defensive replacement late in games. I know we have several outfielders on the IR, but gotta get his weak bat out of the mix. I loathe Franco. He stranded 7 guys in one game the other day. He'll hit a solo shot one day then strand six or seven guys the next. And his defense is god awful.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #72
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:

I think this team has way too much talent to get the #1 overall pick.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #73
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
I think this team has way too much talent to get the #1 overall pick.

The have a ****-ton more than the Pirates. That looks like the likely #1 to me. That also might be the only team bad enough with pitchers to ruin Rocker.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #74
Starter

Quote:
Oh, it’s been a total blast to watch the past 4 games and they already look like a much better team than they were a week ago.

Thats what i wonder about Witt Jr. is he good enough to start right now,or maybe not for another year or 2 ? Or is there just no room on the roster with the middle infield locked up with Lopez and Mondesi.I'd like to see Witt play actually.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:18 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
Thats what i wonder about Witt Jr. is he good enough to start right now,or maybe not for another year or 2 ? Or is there just no room on the roster with the middle infield locked up with Lopez and Mondesi.I'd like to see Witt play actually.
He looked great in the summer camp but he hasn't played above rookie ball. Even bringing Bubic up from A ball is pretty aggressive, I can't imagine they'll put a guy in who hasn't even played A ball.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.